Some snow pics to make y'all jealous

Schroon Lake, NY(Zone 4a)

Of course it's a joke.

Anyway, I was snapping away at playtime this morning, and I don't often take the camera out, so here's what happening:

Twink playing dead

Thumbnail by dmcdevitt

Tully and Zoe doing a little do-si do

oops! The photo please???

Thumbnail by dmcdevitt

Tag teaming through the snow

Thumbnail by dmcdevitt

Tag team with the girls

Thumbnail by dmcdevitt

Sassy popping

Thumbnail by dmcdevitt

Enough of that!!

Thumbnail by dmcdevitt

Here we were on Thanksgiving, before the snow

Thumbnail by dmcdevitt

ANd to pretty much wrap up the rest of my year, some drawings

Thumbnail by dmcdevitt

Stuff on the easel. Not motivated to do the little horse in the backgorund for some reason. Just started the greyhound

Thumbnail by dmcdevitt
South Hamilton, MA

They have more fun in the winter than we do. Great artwork but think of the poor little 'ghost' horse that wants to appear.

Oh they love playing in the snow!

THe ghost horse will come to life as soon as I get unlazy.

Tonight is carriage rides in town for the Christmas celebration. The surrey is strung with greenery and white lights, the sleighbells are out, and it's still in the 20's- Balmy!!! I hope it's fun.

Social Circle, GA(Zone 8a)

You are one tough lady....your horses too! Lovely. I love the one of Sassy, Tully, and....the bay?

*snort* His name is Twinkie. He's been that for 25 years, registered as Twinkle John N. I'm hoping my feet don't freeze...oh I have to go soon.

South Hamilton, MA

Need the battery operated socks for that sort of activity.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Luuuuuuuvvvv the pics of the horses!! Makes me want to go out and join them in the fun. LOL! The paintings look great too!!

Thanks. WIsh I could send you all a package of snow. I've got more than enough. And it's snowing again.

Last night was clear and cold - 17 when we got home. Provided carriage rides for 75-100 and then turned that many away as the horse was getting tired and sweaty. It was a big hit. I think people enjoyed the sleighbells going up and down the street. Some of the kids were very funny.

Thumbnail by dmcdevitt
Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

maybe 2 horses next time if they are available!? Nice pic.

South Hamilton, MA

Raining--so remains of snow will be going. I like sleigh bells.

Victoria, TX(Zone 9b)

You
ROCK!

Love the pictures! Horses! Snow! And a carraige to hoof (instead of "to boot",,, LOL).

Love it!
Love it!
So Jealous of your winter!
(Did I say that out loud?!) LOL

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Sounds like a great idea to pay for the feed. Do you have drill tech or boron on the shoes?

MY guys are barefoot now. they won't do much work with the snow. I used to keep shoes & boron when I was jumping in an indoor in the winter.

Perth,, ON(Zone 5a)

swoon.....there's nothing like a nice driving horse!

love the pics!

Yep I lucked out with Jared. He's the most willing, calm, friendly horse you could ask for. The worst I get is a big sigh if I ask him to do something crazy. I had him jumping too. He's not the most coordinated, and he's big...so not for dressage work...but everything else....he's great.

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Is he the retired SB racer?

Social Circle, GA(Zone 8a)

Don't you also hook Sassy up to the sleigh? It is raining here. How nice if it were snow....

South Hamilton, MA

Snow is coming. don't have the horses to go with it.

Jared is the off track STB. He never raced...he's so not competitive and would not want to hurt the other jockeys' feelings!

Sassy pulls the sleigh and carts. I wouldn't try to make her pull the surrey full of people. I wish I had a pair but that's a whole nother thing to learn!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images