Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

ISRAEL KAMAKAWIWO'OLE

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

What a fantastic voice. Listening and dreaming of Maui. The island dwellers are so fortunate. The middle of Texas lacks a lot. When I listen to Brudda IZ I can transport my entire being to the Islands.
First time in many months I have been able to kick back like this.

I love all of you.

Princess Kilikina

Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

So very happy to read your posting and to know that you are feeling more positive after your tough time. Give my love to sweet Mike, and heaps for yourself.

Jenn

Delray Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Hello, everyone.

I am leaving on a 7-day cruise today on the Royal Caribbean's Liberty of the Seas. I am taking my electronic book/library with me and Bruddah Iz's music to listen to while I relax on deck. I am still debating if I am taking the computer, or not.

Be good, everyone.
Aloha.
Pu'ole, a.k.a. Sylvain.

Aloha Pu'ole,

Bon Voyage! Do take the computer with you so that you can post pictures and we can follow along with you on your cruise - it would be the next best thing to being on board with you! What are your ports of call? I hope you and Gail have lots of fun.

Jenn

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Great time of year for a cruise. Get away from all the hustle and bustle.

I have ordered a "Nook" for my own gift from Barnes & Noble. Got an email that it should be delivered tomorrow. I can hardly wait. Ordered it 11/2/09 and haven't purchased reading material since waiting for its arrival. It is at least 10 days late. I'm as excited as a child on Christmas Eve. Kelly and I are taking Erin to see Payton in Nutcracker tonight as she dances with a professional company at Bass Hall. Erin is also taking dance and she always has Mike and I mimic her most recent lesson when she is here. All of the men are going to be watching the Dallas Cowboys, YUK!

Yes, do take your new laptop, Pu'ole.

Did you see the Big Wave, Jen?

Xai Xai, Mozambique

I hope Sylvain took his laptop! if not, he probably at least took his camera, so maybe he will post some pics when he gets back.
Did you have fun, Christi?
isaac

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

We enjoyed it immensely. Especially 3 year old Erin. She tried to mimic their dances in her seat. We were trying to keep her from getting in the way of the people behind us. Of course, we weren't able to see Payton in her rat costume as there were some 8 rats. When asked her favorite, Erin said, "the rats of course". hahahah Only because we had told her Payton was one of them.

I took my children, Kelly and Marcus, to see The Nutcracker when they were small.

Now Marcus' child, Payton is in a performance and Erin, Kelly's grandchild is enamored with it.

I done good. smirk

Xai Xai, Mozambique

I am so glad you had fun, christi!! Little children do tend to get very excited, and are sometimes hard to control!
how is your weather now?
i'm sending smiles to you from a hot and sunny Mozambique!!
isaac

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Crazy as usual. Yesterday was in the 70's and it was 34 by dawn today. At least we are having sunshine once again. Had over a week of no sun and rain or drizzle.

Thank you for your smiles, Isaac. Right back at 'cha.

Christi

Xai Xai, Mozambique

Thanks Christi, you are a very special person!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

aawwwww.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

I agree Issac!! She is very special!! :~)

Kapaa, HI

Everyone on the islands loves ISRAEL KAMAKAWIWO'OLE.

Xai Xai, Mozambique

Christi, did you hear about Jeanne?

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Yes I did, Isaac. Am praying for her. Met her at RJ's when we went to Houston to hook up with IslandShari when she was on a lay over. 228 miles on way and worth every inch of the trip. Jeanne is a sweetheart. So is Amanda, pepper23. I have met a lot of extra, extra special souls here on DG.
Middle Isaac is right up there at the top. hahahahaha

Christi

It is 32 today so another good time to listen to Brudda IZ.

Xai Xai, Mozambique

Awww, thanks Christi, you have made my day!
I remember seeing pictures of that time you all got together, and i am sure it was worth the trip. Speaking of Shari, i haven't seen her post in quite a while, have you heard anything from her lately?
I am also praying for Jeanne, she is a precious soul. she and i have become good friends through Dmail, we send each other prayer requests.
i haven't had much contact with Amanda, just recently i have noticed her posting regularly. And you are right, there are a lot of wonderful people on this website. Thank you Dave and team for giving us this opportunity to become friends!!!!
isaac

I used to be a regular poster, then got busy with an online horse game, finally quit that because it took up too much time and finally got caught up enought to post again on here. lol.

Xai Xai, Mozambique

Well, i am sure everybody is glad to have you back!! and as for me, it is very nice to 'meet' you, Amanda.
isaac

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Hi Christi, Isaac, Amanda, Jen, and Everyone:

I too love Brudda IZ. I have one of his CD's. I love to listen to his music!

While in the hospital I watched their CARE channel on my tv. They had soft music, pictures of the islands, blow hole, waterfalls, tropical flowers, birds, and butterflies and ate fresh pineapple at every meal! Guess where I pretended I was.......It was raining outside......good time to be inside anyway. God was watering most of my flowers. (We have to water the rest next week.)

Aloha y'all!
Jeanne

Xai Xai, Mozambique

Glad for the rain kept your garden wet!!!

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Me too!

Gail joins me in wishing all our Dave's Garden friends around the world a Merry Christmas and a Safe, Healthy, Prosperous and Happy New Year.

Sylvain.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Right back at ya Polar Bear! I hope you and Gail had a wonderful Christmas and have a Happy New Year!

Jeanne

Xai Xai, Mozambique

This message was edited Dec 26, 2009 3:09 AM

Xai Xai, Mozambique

Hi Jeanne, How are you doing now?
i didn't have so good a Christmas, i was, and still am, sick.
i hope you had a wonderful christmas with your family and friends!!
isaac

Xai Xai, Mozambique

oops, i don't know what i did there!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Oh no, Isaac. Malaria again? There just must be something to cure that. Am praying for you right this minute and will continue to do so.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Isaac, I'm OK! Still a little weak and sleep alot. It doesn't take much to wear me out! So sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. We will be praying for you!

Christi, hope you and Mike are doing well and had a good Christmas!

Happy New Year Everyone!

Jeanne, glad to hear that you are feeling a little better, although still weak - keep up the good work and don't do too much!

Isaac, so sorry to hear that you have been poorly over the holiday, hopefully the docs can get you back on the road to good health soon.

Happy New Year!

Xai Xai, Mozambique

Hi, sorry it took me so long to get back to you! i was really sick with this bout of malaria, but thankfully i am better now. my joints are now only stiff with a headache. the high fever, nausea, and very sore body is now better. i want to sincerely thank you for your prayers and support, you guys mean so much to me!! thanks too that i can unload with you guys, and i know you really care about me and that is so refreshing and wonderful to know! thank you again.
its such a pity i got this malaria, i was so healthy! but it was kind of my fault, because i would sometimes forget to put bugspray on when i work in the garden. and our garden abounds with mosquitoes, especially around my ferns. so my mom read me the law concerning bugspray, now i will spray at least three times a day. also, though i hate insecticides, we will spray the garden once a week for mosquitoes. this all should help to prevent me getting it again. 2010 is a new year, and I AM NOT going to get malaria 7 or 8 times again, and that is that!!!
i want to wish you all an early Happy New Year!!! May the Lord lead and be with each of you in this new year!
you are my dear friends, and i am grateful for you all!
Isaac

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

You are a blessing to our lives, Isaac. Such a sweet attitude even though you must fight this illness so often.

Christi

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Isaac,
So glad that you are feeling a little better. I am praying for you.

Jeanne

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Happy Birthday, Jeanne.

Just got home from Tulsa. Soooooo glad to be home.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Thank you Christi! It was a wonderful restfull day; Spent time with the kids and my Mom!

Happy New Year Everyone,
Jeanne

I'm sitting outside with my laptop computer, my breakfast and my coffee. It's currently sunny and 68F (20C). I haven't posted much since I returned from my cruise 10 days ago. I have been reading and lurking but I never had the "luxury" of writing and participating in the discussions. Today and tomorrow should be quiet and restful. I need it once in a while. I have also neglected my garden. The plants in the ground are on autopilot and thriving: weeds and all. The plants in pots need water NOW. I will be doing that a bit later on.

As some of you may know, I am a realtor. I was driving clients around yesterday and after seeing 4 houses and driving around all afternoon, we ran out of things to say. I asked if I could play music and they agreed. I turned on the CD player, where one of Bruddah IZ's CD is always ready to go. It turns out they are fans of Israel Kamakawiwo'ole. They couldn't believe it when I sang along with him in Hawai'ian. It was fun.

Lastly, Gail joins me in wishing each and everyone of you a peaceful, safe, healthy and prosperous New Year.

Take care, all.
Pu'ole, a.k.a. Sylvain.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

I deeply love all of you. I will be glad to put 2009 behind and welcome a new year.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

PK

Xai Xai, Mozambique

We love you too, Christi!! I know this has been a very hard year for you, and i hope you will now be able to move on. Of course the memories will always be there, but know that i am praying for you.
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!! May this new year be full of new beginnings for you, and may each of you be led by the Lord in your lives. Happy gardening!
isaac

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Thank you, Isaac. You are a tribute to your name.

Happy New Year!! I sincerely hope this year goes much better than last year!!

Xai Xai, Mozambique

Thanks, Christi, a wonderful compliment!
Amanda, if you don't mind me asking, what state are you living in? i always forget what the abbreviations stands for! :-)
isaac

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.