Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

8 More Days

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Sun returning !!!!!

Thumbnail by ge1836
Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

I noticed that the sun stays a little longer each day that it isn't gloomy. DH and I went Christmas shopping and it actually didn't get dark until 6:oo pm that day. LOL Thats late compared to most days.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I want daylight at 5 AM

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Me too. I hate getting up in the dark.

Newport News, VA(Zone 11)

Me too! Who do we talk to about that to make that happen? :-)

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Karl Sagan.He was the big astronimer at Cornell who did the PBS series on the universe.

I have read Carl. Too bad he's gone.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

4 more days

Then what? The sun will get up before me?

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

It will be on its way back to our gardens.

Great!

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

3 more days

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Looking forward to it. I am so sick of getting up and it's dark. Of course when you're up at 5 AM, Jo Ann, it's always dark. Probably, I don't know. I don't get up until 6. But these days make me want to sleep all day.

I can't imagine working in an office this time of year, you go to work it's dark, you leave it's dark. No sun at all. Hope they all take vitamin D.

Fremont, OH(Zone 5b)

It seems the older I get the earlier I wake up.And I just can't seem to make myself lay there.
It seems I'm more productive in the house then though.
I tend to get SAD and have to fight it.
I'll be so glad when the days are longer.

Sorry I butted in.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Butted in to what? You never butt in, Jo. It's always a pleasure to read your posts.

I have so little to do in the house. My husband picks up after himself. It's just the two of us. No one makes any messes. His garage on the other hand, uck, but I wouldn't even consider tackling that, it's his domain. So winters I just feel like a rock, hanging around. I really need a winter project.

My thoughts exactly violap. If it wasnt for that, the housecleaning wouldn't get done, so that's a good thing :-)

Polly you need a puppy. Plenty of cleaning up after, if thats what you want :-)

Fremont, OH(Zone 5b)

I'd much rather be outside than cleaning.
But I don't like being cold so I guess it evens itself out.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

I would love a puppy. My husband doesn't want one, and unfortunately, it's one of those things I think needs to be jointly agreed on. When our doggie passed away a few years ago, we both swore we would never get another one, and he's stuck to it. We do plan to travel in the next couple of years, so he's probably smarter than I on the subject. But my daughter just got a new puppy, a lab, and I'm in love.

Of course, whats not to love about a lab puppy:-)

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Absolutely nothing. He came right over to me, and plopped down across my feet, and went to sleep. Our doggie was lab, shepard and probably other things, and he was the most wonderful dog I've ever met. He never met an intruder he didn't love right away. He sat on peoples feet, too, and at 80 pounds that was fun.

LOL!

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

sweet

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

The sun begins the return trip tomorrow.

Yeah!!! That will call for a celebration. Wonder what they did in the old days.....

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Druids sacrificed virgins and they brought greens into the home to honor the sun god.Thats where we get our Tree tradition from.
Later centuries the day was filled with fire leaping and feasting.They stopped sacrifices.Christmas with presents as we know it , was started after WW2 and the commercial holiday began, with presents you cant afford,given to people youve ignored for a year in hopes of making up for your lack of true careing .
I mean the general "you" not" you "personally.

This message was edited Dec 20, 2009 10:28 AM

LOL. They would be hard presssed to find virgins these days :-)

(Sheryl) Gainesboro, TN(Zone 6b)

I have a great response to *that* one - that would probably get me kicked off of Dave's!

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

Druids stopped sacrificeing virgins because it got to hard to find one. Or so says my Druid friends.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.