Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: Rock Cress for the Rockery...and Elsewhere!: Deer?

Communities > Forums > Article: Rock Cress for the Rockery...and Elsewhere!
bookmark
Forum: Article: Rock Cress for the Rockery...and Elsewhere!Replies: 4, Views: 35
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
zelda223
Ashland, OR

December 14, 2009
2:32 PM

Post #7367401

Will the deer leave any for the gardener?
scottsmom
Point Phillips , PA
(Zone 6b)

December 14, 2009
4:40 PM

Post #7367775

Good question zelda223!
I live 11 miles outside the city and have even seen deer pruning the holly right up at our front porch.
Todd_Boland
St. John's, NL
(Zone 5b)

December 14, 2009
9:58 PM

Post #7368691

Not sure about the deer situation as I have none in my area.
Donna_McKenzie
Waverly, IA

December 17, 2009
5:36 PM

Post #7377282

I have Aubrieta in my garden, quite a bit of it, but have never seen the deer eating it and I know we have deer that eat our neighbors trees. Although, we have snow cover all winter but I never knew snow to keep deer at bay.
zelda223
Ashland, OR

January 19, 2010
8:51 PM

Post #7476861

From Zone 7a: Thank you for your responses. As often happens, curiosity and plant lust win out over fears so I will experiment. And, Toni Leland, how very fortunate you are to be deer-free. Your articles continue to entice.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Rock Cress for the Rockery...and Elsewhere! Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
It is edible Poetinwood 1 Dec 14, 2009 9:58 PM
Arabis vs. Aubrieta birder17 0 Feb 7, 2011 4:11 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America