Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Needle Arts: Antique Italian spread

Communities > Forums > Needle Arts
bookmark
Forum: Needle ArtsReplies: 4, Views: 54
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Gourdbeader
Toledo, OR
(Zone 8a)

December 14, 2009
4:47 PM

Post #7367800

This is what I am working on now. My daughter gave this to me many years ago after her dog accidently tore some of it when he jumped up on the bed. It didn't have any backing at that time and she decided to give it to me as she didn't have the time or willingness to do the necessary repairs. I was excited to get it and started the repair work. Well, I repaired the torn crocheted area and then attached a backing of a biege linen and began stitching around all of the linen doillies that are connected by crochet work to reinforce the backing to the spread. It's beautiful and but it is taking me forever to get around all 99 doillies. I am going to give it back to her when I get it done. Its was going to be a surprise but I told her about it this year so she is really looking forward to it. I wish there was a faster way of stitching around all the doillies but hand stitching seems to be the only way.

This message was edited Dec 15, 2009 5:58 AM

Thumbnail by Gourdbeader
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Gourdbeader
Toledo, OR
(Zone 8a)

December 14, 2009
4:48 PM

Post #7367803

This is a close up of the spread

Thumbnail by Gourdbeader
Click the image for an enlarged view.

tishrh
Mount Vernon, OH

December 18, 2009
11:25 AM

Post #7379355

Wow, lots of intensive work/stitching. Beautiful!
Gourdbeader
Toledo, OR
(Zone 8a)

December 18, 2009
2:27 PM

Post #7379617

Yep, I have been working on this for a long time. I hope to finish it this year. Between working on gourds and cross stitch this get squeezed in now and then. Hate working on it for too long as then it gets tedious. Do you know what I mean?
tishrh
Mount Vernon, OH

December 18, 2009
5:30 PM

Post #7380065

yes, definitely. I like to have two or three projects going at different times or i will get bored of the same thing all the time.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Needle Arts Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Crochet! celia 23 Nov 21, 2012 4:52 AM
Society Silk Embroidery repair. Jeansgarden 5 Sep 22, 2009 7:28 PM
Hand embroidery MaryinLa 24 May 5, 2009 3:59 PM
Baby rings from 1992 crochet pattern LavinaMae 64 Jul 21, 2014 12:58 PM
Santa Claus mits ViolaAnn 19 May 5, 2011 12:44 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America