Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Weather: December Daily Weather - Tis the Season Part 3

Communities > Forums > Weather
bookmark
Forum: WeatherReplies: 246, Views: 1,457
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

December 15, 2009
11:19 PM

Post #7372235

All are welcome to join in the chat! We came from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1061528/

68.0 F
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 78%
Dew Point: 61 F
Wind: 0.0 mph
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph
Pressure: 30.09 in(Rising)
Visibility: 10.0 miles
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Scattered Clouds 4300 ft
Mostly Cloudy 8000 ft
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 18 ft

Tonight
Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of showers. Low 58 coast. North winds 5 to 10 mph.

This is another transistion night for us. Tomorrow's high was our low this morning LOL!

Im surprised none of us have gotten really sick from all the temps changes. Its been crazy! There is a stomach bug going around here. Not too bad, but it feels like a big rock has settled in your stomach. Sickly novery uncomfortable tho.

Celia I love that picture of Monty!
Kiska - Love you wintery pics! Have a great trip!
Mau I wish my parents had pushed just a little harder for us to learn instruments. I used to play piano (not very advanced), but havent in many years (no piano) and some guitar (same thing no guitar).
Rusty Rustie is so cute! Sleeping puppies are the best!
Sally The sugar horse is so pretty. How old is it?
Rann Hildur Eva is my hero...saving her chocolate! I would never think of that!!! You need a personal cushion to take to the shows. It doesnt matter which in which country schoolall the chairs are uncomfortable! The lights are beautiful!
Cuckoo Mind if I send you some heat? Were pretty tired of it.
Flip Your house is gorgeous! And check out handsome Santa helping the elves!
Bernie I got a chill! Brrrr!! Bundle up! Glad you are staying busy during the winter!
Pepper You bundle up too!
Rusty Glad to heat the pups are starting to get along. Pretty soon they will be best buddies.
Celia - That ship is too cool! I wonder how old it is.
Rusty awwwww
Flip us too 80* - Im sick of Summer!!!!

I borrowed Rann's poinsettia pic.

Thumbnail by MySharona
Click the image for an enlarged view.

rannveig

(Zone 5a)

December 16, 2009
12:00 AM

Post #7372340

Sharon - hope you feel better soon! That stomach bug's been going around here too - Selma was "sick" for a day ... just a stomach ache and feeling a bit weak thankfully. I'm flattered that you used my photo - thanks :-)

FlipFlops - how cool to "run into" some peacocks on a bike ride! And wonderful that you've met such a nice neighbor. I'd have a hard time getting in the Christmas spirits in 80F ... been there ... just bizarre! lol

Sally - I'm glad there was something left of the treeline! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed looking at the website ... I've been neglecting it for months, need to find some time to upload the photos from this summer. I have a hard time believing all those plants are or have been growing in my garden. You can imagine what a horrible thought it is to might have to leave it all behind ... I'm determined to do everything I can to stay here with the girls. Not sure how I'm going to do it ... but somehow ...

Celia - that ship is sooooo cool! What a great gift :-)

Off to bed now.

Have a good night!

Rann

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

December 16, 2009
12:06 AM

Post #7372352

Warmest Dec 15th ever on record...84*
cuckoo4rblackbe
Savannah, MO
(Zone 5b)

December 16, 2009
12:12 AM

Post #7372375

When they predicted a flash freeze yesterday morning I thought,,,"What the heck is that?" but now I know!! We went from foggy calm 38 degree weather about 6a.m. to very gusty winds, a freezing mist, and plummeting temps around 15 degrees in just over a hour and a half. Scattered power failures, dangerous winds chills, and light freezing rain and snow caused many schools in the area to backtrack and cancel school. I moved some of our house plants away from our double windows just to be sure they wouldn't possibly catch a chill and croak on me. So much for my experience about a midwest flash freeze!!
Today remains cold but we had some sunshine with a low predicted tonight just above zero. I want to add something to my Xmas list...Yep, some of you guessed it!! A box of desert "dry heat" sent in one of those thick insulated boxes and maybe some hot chocolate!
Cuckoo

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

December 16, 2009
1:21 AM

Post #7372600

Tonight wind chill 16* again!

Hope tomorrow warm around 47* to 50*

Rusty and Rustie are playing and growl each other! lol... Run circle around the room... Until got tired!

Thumbnail by JuJu55

FlipFlops
Brunswick , GA
(Zone 9a)

December 16, 2009
1:41 AM

Post #7372657

Sharon, think I had that same "bug" last weekend. Maybe it's these crazy temps going up and down. It is hard to get festive when you feel like it's time to go to the beach LOL Glad you are feeling better.

Rusty, your pups are so cute. They are going to have the best time together trying to find all kinds of mischief to get into...Lucky you!!

Rann, your pic that Sharon borrowed (smile) is beautiful!! Glad Selma is feeling better.

Cuckoo, wish I could send you some of this warm weather. Think it's coming to an end soon. Maybe then I can wear some of my Christmas stuff. Christmas shirts look kind of silly with shorts and flipflops LOL

Celia, what a great ship. It's so much fun to find things like that.

I know I didn't get to everyone...it's hard to keep up with y'all but I love reading your comments and looking at all your beautiful pictures.

Good evening everyone!
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

December 16, 2009
2:01 AM

Post #7372730

Rusty it looks like the pups will get along just fine.
That posture Rusty is showing is definitely a Play Pose.
Legs out front and bowing, ears up and forward, tail up.
I can see by how deep Rustie is sleeping she's tuckered out! lol!

I really like that ship too Celia.
What a nice find!

Sharon thanks for letting us borrow some of your heat yesterday, you too Flip!

It was mid 30's here and the Sun did break thru for a few minutes.
28 now and dropping to around 20.
We should be mid 40's and sunny the rest of the work week.

We now have the room rocked to about 1/2 the last wall.
Only 3 walls get dry wall, the other is brick.
Ceiling is done except for a strip along that brick wall.
I have to do some electric work and that will be my access.
Tomorrow we'll finish the walls. All the little hard cuts are mostly done.

Ric
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

December 16, 2009
2:14 AM

Post #7372771

Frigid!!!!! HIgh of high teens and our low tonight will be low teens. Not much movement. lol.

This is our new performing arts center that is being built in downtown KC.

Thumbnail by pepper23

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

December 16, 2009
2:44 AM

Post #7372844

Whoa that's... Neat!

I forgot to mention I talked to our Son Mat today.
He's REALLY not liking Des Moines now that winter has hit... LOL!

The morning after the big storm his car was buried to the bumpers.
That depth of snow went all the way out the driveway... to a 4' plowed drift at the street.
He went back inside...LOL!
He said the winds were so high there was no snow on one side of the house, 6' on the other.

Ric
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

December 16, 2009
2:56 AM

Post #7372866

Very few people like Des Moines when winter hits. LOL.
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

December 16, 2009
3:00 AM

Post #7372876

;-)

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

December 16, 2009
4:35 AM

Post #7373127

"A box of desert "dry heat" sent in one of those thick insulated boxes and maybe some hot chocolate!"

ROTFLOL That's great! I could use one of those! Cuckoo, I was in a flash freeze once and I never want to be there again! It's awful!!!

Rusty, your dogs are great! Keep the pics coming.

Pepper, that's going to be so great when it's finished!

I'm always surprised at how long Monty's whiskers are.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

December 16, 2009
5:01 AM

Post #7373181

Yep his whiskers think he's a MUCH bigger cat! LOL!

Ric

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

December 16, 2009
5:23 AM

Post #7373220

He used to BE a much bigger cat! LOL He's gone from his former weight of 26lbs. to a svelte 18lbs.

Isis is on the same diet and has gone from 21lbs. to 17lbs. She thinks she's always hunger, though, and eats like a little piggy.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

December 16, 2009
5:25 AM

Post #7373224

Monty was disgusted.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

December 16, 2009
11:46 AM

Post #7373493

Then after eat, go bed I told her "night-night" and she goes thru the blanket side of the couch...

Here's early breakfast Rustie eat ...

Thumbnail by JuJu55

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

December 16, 2009
1:29 PM

Post #7373640

Sharon: I like Rann's photo, too. It's lovely. My poinsettias are now residing in my jetted tub which I never use. They are beneath a glass block window so they get plenty of natural light. One of them is beginning to turn red. I have had two of these poinsettias for several years and they "bloom" every year but sometimes it is after Christmas and closer to Valentine's Day when they bloom. Wow--84!! It was 28F on my back porch at 5:15a.m. today.
Rann: glad Selma's illness only lasted a day!
Celia: I missed the boat-LOL--guess I will have to go back to the other thread and see what the others are talking about. I wonder how Monty would look in a "handlebar" moustache? LOL
Rusty: Rustie and Rusty seem to be getting along quite well. :o))
Pepper: The new arts center certainly has an industrial look to it!
Flip: I accidentally discovered that if I moved my cursor up and down quickly when I enlarged your thumbnail photo that it made the lights on your lovely Christmas tree appear to be blinking! I entertained myself with a light show--LOL (I'm easily entertained!)

I went to my cardiologist yesterday for my annual appointment. Blood pressure is good (with medication); heart valve is performing well; carotid arteries are clear; all is well! A good report! :o))

Current conditions as of 5:55 AM CST
Fair - Feels Like:
26 F
Barometer:
30.54 in and steady
Humidity:
70 %
Visibility:
10 mi
Dewpoint:
19 F
Wind:
NE 5 mph
Sunrise:
7:09 AM
Sunset:
4:58 PM
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

December 16, 2009
1:33 PM

Post #7373652

Celia: I went back and found the ship--very neat! What all does Darrel have to do with it to get it "ship-shape" again?
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

December 16, 2009
1:42 PM

Post #7373690

Here's a link that will warm your heart. It has to do with our military in Iraq. This link was posted over on the "Our Military" thread on the prayer forum:

http://www.mnf-iraq.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=28939&Itemid=128

This message was edited Dec 16, 2009 7:44 AM
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

December 16, 2009
3:45 PM

Post #7374032

Cold here this morning. 16
We had an hour delay for the schools.
I found out when my neighbor called and asked if I could run her GS up to school.
Missed the bus...
Guess a BUNCH of kids did... there were 5 cars ahead of me and 4 behind...lol!

Off to hang some dry wall.

Ric

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

December 16, 2009
4:39 PM

Post #7374162

Mau, maybe I'll make Monty one so we can see! LOL Darrell needs to re-rig it. The strings are old and broken. There are also some wood pieces that need replacing.

32.5 F with 43 for the high.
Mostly Cloudy
Windchill: 32 F
Humidity: 71%
Dew Point: 24 F
Wind: 2.0 mph from the WNW
Wind Gust: 8.0 mph
Pressure: 30.35 in (Rising)
Clouds: Few 6500 ft
Scattered Clouds 11000 ft
Mostly Cloudy 20000 ft
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 4383 ft

Thumbnail by kwanjin

FlipFlops
Brunswick , GA
(Zone 9a)

December 16, 2009
4:56 PM

Post #7374204

Rusty, Rustie keeps eating like that and he's going to be a big puppy!! So cute!
Kwanjin, Monty is so cute too!! Love the pet pictures.
Marsue, so glad I was able to entertain you!! I'm even more glad you got such a good report. It's such a relief when everything comes back good. I get so up tight when I have to have a physical. I just know they are going to find something wrong!!
Ric, you had a hectic morning and soooo cold. We finally cooled off but nothing like that. Currently 58 degrees. That's at least a 20 degree drop from yesterday. Might have to be forced to turn the heat on LOL At least it feels more like Christmas. No bike ride today...don't do bike rides when the temp goes below 70 :-))) What a sissy huh??

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

December 16, 2009
9:32 PM

Post #7374899

Hi guys! Sorry for being away for so long. It's been snowing here since Monday night and the wind was blowing so hard...brrr! Yesterday morning the doggies wouldn't even come out from their dog houses to eat, I just put the bowls inside!LOL The roads were bad, ice and snow and I had to drive slowly. When we came home yesterday the roads were the same,only more snow and more cars...grrr! Lots of snow in front of our house and on the drive way, so both me and Cici came out to clean it. Ionut found a job as a sales man on the street. He is selling Christmas gifts, but with this weather we are concerned he might get sick. Yesterday he only stayed for 2 hours and they sent him home due to the bad weather. Today he didn't work at all. Terrible morning today. I've got stuck on my street in snow, just when we left for work. Lucky I got the shovel with me. Two neighbors came and helped , then we all cleared the way.
This is how it looked this afternoon in my yard when Cici and Ionut went out to shovel the snow.
Stay well everyone! Love the pics !
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

December 16, 2009
9:34 PM

Post #7374905

In front of our gate the doggies were expecting lunch.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

December 16, 2009
9:36 PM

Post #7374908

The dog houses place .

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

December 16, 2009
9:37 PM

Post #7374911

The smallest one was almost covered with snow. Seems that one of the doggies found the way inside!LOL

Thumbnail by adinamiti

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

December 16, 2009
9:54 PM

Post #7374970

Wow, Adina. Those are some drifts. Good thing the dog found a way in! LOL
rannveig

(Zone 5a)

December 16, 2009
10:50 PM

Post #7375156

Brrrr Adina - looks very cold!

Celia - great photos of Monty and Isis! lol

Another beautiful, calm and mild day here today. Mostly cloudy and a high around 40F. Feels like spring! :-) We're really enjoying it while it lasts, winter is due to make a grand comeback on Saturday ... can't say I'm looking forward to it.

Troll number 5 almost didn't make it last night ... almost fell a sleep before delivering the presents ;-) lol He brought the girls christmas ornaments - two red birds ... very pretty :-)

#5 is Pottaskefill, the third kitchen lurker. He has a thing for pots ... preferably with the leftovers still in them ;-) lol

Rann

Thumbnail by rannveig

rannveig

(Zone 5a)

December 16, 2009
11:11 PM

Post #7375221

And a toast to all of you - my wonderful DG friends ... thank you so much for your generous gift. Skl!

and Kelli - thank you for your gift to the girls. Skl! again ;-) lol

Good night! :-) Nr. 6 is on the move ...

At noon today - "morning" rays on Mt. Esja

Rann

This message was edited Dec 17, 2009 12:03 AM

Thumbnail by rannveig

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

December 17, 2009
12:13 AM

Post #7375386

Flip We have a whole flock? of peacocks down the street. They are beautiful, but can be a tad noisy LOL!
Cuckoo OMG! A flash freeze. WX comes up with new terms every year!
Rusty Awww too cute of Rusty and Rustie!
Flip I agree. I get really tired of the heat LOL! I know I know I live in Florida, but its not like I live in Miami!
Pepper I like the new PA center!
Ric I dont think Ive ever heard of anyone liking Des Moines in the winter LOL!
Celia- Montys whiskers are so long because he is so wide LOL! Thats how it was explained to me when I was a kid. LOL at Monty and Isis. Peanut would eat us out of the house if she could. They are known to their owners to be related to pigs/hogs.
Mau Glad to hear your appt went well! Good news! Great website
Flip I had to laugh at the no bike rides in temps less than 70*. Ill do 65*, but thats as low as I go LOL!
Adina Thats a lot of snow! Glad the dogs made it ok.
Rann Beautiful picture! So glad Selma only had it for a day. It was with me for 3 days.

55.8 F
Overcast
Humidity: 40%
Dew Point: 31 F
Wind: 3.8 mph
Wind Gust: 6.9 mph
Pressure: 30.27 in (Steady)
Clouds: Mostly Cloudy 3600 ft
Mostly Cloudy 15000 ft
Overcast 25000 ft
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 18 ft

Lake Wind Advisory in effect until 6 PM EST this evening... ummm must still be going on it's still up and it's 7:10pm

Tonight
Lowering and thickening cloudiness with a 20 percent chance of coastal showers. Low 53. Northeast winds 10 to 15 mph.

I forgot I was growing broccoli, now it's flowering. I can't eat it anymore so I forgot oops

Thumbnail by MySharona

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

December 17, 2009
2:37 AM

Post #7375736

Funny to see broccoli blooming in December!

Rann it appears you need a Coffe Serving Troll too! ;-)
Lovely mtn shot!

Adina that's a very warm dog house covered up like that.
Man you got some snow and wind!

One morning after a very heavy snow and wind we came out to 4' drifts off the back of the house.
And our dog was missing, dog house was empty.
Then I noticed a plume of stream coming out of the drift...
I yelled and the drift exploded.
LJ, our Sheep Dog was sleeping in the drift under the snow.

Cold but sunny here today.
16 at sunrise... probably 33 for a high.
Upper 30's/low 40's the next two days.
We should be near 50 Saturday when we head up for my Family Christmas.

Ric

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

December 17, 2009
2:47 AM

Post #7375770

That's too funny! LOL
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

December 17, 2009
3:05 AM

Post #7375839

Cold this morning and warm this afternoon. Teens then high 40s.

Richie Brothers had their auction today and I got to check it out for the first time. We provided the concessions and did catering for the top level people. It was fun and very exhausting. I ran pop all day and kept an eye on condiments. I was constantly running outside to get more pop to fill the cooler up. Get it filled then we would have a run on a certain kind and have to fill it right back up. It was a madhouse. But I enjoyed it and so did everyone else. But now I'm kinda walking crooked since my legs hurt. LOL.

Close up of part of the center. I wish we had gone around to the front of the building so I could get pics of it too but traffic around there is a nightmare so I just got this side. Here is a link with more info and a rendition of it.

http://www.kauffmancenter.org/TheBuilding/default.aspx

Thumbnail by pepper23

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

December 17, 2009
3:12 AM

Post #7375856

Adina: I think that winter has definitely arrived at your house. It has arrived here, too, only without the snow--just cold temps. It was supposed to get up into the mid 40's F today but it didn't make it out of the 30's--the coldest daytime we've had so far this season. Brrrrr. At least the wind wasn't blowing
so the wind chill wasn't bad.
Sharon: I've never seen broccoli "flower"--very interesting. You can't eat broccoli at all or you can't eat it now that it is flowering?
Ric: the snow evidently insulated your dog quite well plus I imagine he had a nice thick winter coat, too. :o))

It is Dyson dark and 30F on my back porch right now. I'm going to go put on my fleece "jammies" and crawl under the covers. Good-night all.

Friday wanted to help me play Free Cell today.

This message was edited Dec 16, 2009 9:14 PM

Thumbnail by marsue

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 17, 2009
4:52 AM

Post #7376058

Pepper, what was Richie Brothers selling ? They have sales here quit often.

Aren't monstrosities exciting. They are building a couple million dollar dry fertilizer mixing plant here. The building is huge. All concrete & wood. Looks like a train load of plywood going on the roof. It will serve a large area here. The co-op that is putting it up is in 4 different counties.

TV stand is getting stain & varnish today. Will deliver it Saturday. Woman was worried she wouldn't get it before Christmas.

May have a whole house of cabinets to do after 1st of the year. My brother bought an unfinished town house & will need kitchen, 2 vanities, & an entertainment/bookshelf unit. Almost 100% sure we will be doing it.

Bernie
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

December 17, 2009
2:06 PM

Post #7376699

Bernie: the lady should have no worries now that you are delivering the TV cabinet on Saturday. :o) Good luck on the townhouse!

Cold here today. Tomorrow is supposed to be in the mid-50's but the weather lady said just now that it will be our warmest day for a while.

# Today: More clouds than sun. High near 50F. Winds light and variable.
# Tonight: Mostly cloudy. Low 33F. Winds light and variable.
kiska

(Zone 3b)

December 17, 2009
3:54 PM

Post #7377047

Wild weather everywhere~
we flew out of Anchorage in the nick of time on Tuesday as there's been heavy snowfall and the hiway was closed shortly after my daughter dropped us off and she returned to Palmer.
The green grass here in Washington is beautiful; a bit rainy but was in the high 40's yesterday.
Thanks, Adina, for the birthday wishes. You've sure been busy w/snow, too.
Trolls are arriving and that's fun to see, rann.
Keep well, warm and safe.
Photo from Palmer a few days before we flew down here. Have yet to get the camera unpacked.
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

December 17, 2009
4:23 PM

Post #7377113

Whew! Lucky you, Kiska.

Mau, I play Free Cell regularly. That and a few others.

Great pics, Pepper. I liek the building. It looks a little like the Sidney Opera House.

Bernie, it's good to have work lined up. You do great work.

Ric, have fun with the family for Christmas.

30.3 F with 45 for the high.
Mostly Cloudy
Windchill: 30 F
Humidity: 81%
Dew Point: 25 F
Wind: Calm
Pressure: 30.40 in (Rising)
Visibility: 8.0 miles
Clouds: Mostly Cloudy 7500 ft
(Above Ground Level)

Thumbnail by kwanjin

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

December 17, 2009
6:14 PM

Post #7377336

Well now they are calling for our first significant snowfall tomorrow night and into Saturday.
Nothing major maybe 2".
For the last 4 years EVERY time we go up for Christmas at my Sister's we've had snow...LOL!
It's only 50 miles or so and not a Holiday weekend so it shouldn't be too bad.

Cool and sunny. 39 we might drag a few more degrees out of it.
Tomorrow mid 40's.

Ric

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

December 17, 2009
6:25 PM

Post #7377348

The temps have dropped very low here now to 19F, but this morning we had a bit of sun, then it snowed again.
My DD Andreea is here! We took her from the airport this morning and hurried back home because she was too hungry!LOL She craved for sauerkraut so I made some and it was delicious. She asked for a refill! She is so happy to be at home and we are too to have her with us for the holidays. I have to go and iron the sheets for her bed...sorry if I can't comment . You all take care of you!
Hugs,
Adina

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 17, 2009
7:07 PM

Post #7377434

20 here going higher.

Started messing around with veggie seed things today. It's getting that time of year to get things organized & start ordering. Tomato seeds need to be started mid January. Waited to long last year. Also went through the hot peppers trying to get the heat scale in line. To many they don't give the rating on. People understand numbers, but not "Well it's pretty hot". Each person has their own idea of "HOT".

Bernie

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

December 17, 2009
9:18 PM

Post #7377784

Be careful anyway, Ric. And have fun!

Adina, that's so exciting you get for so long!

Bernie, "pretty hot" to me would be hot enough! But you're right about peoples differing palettes.

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

December 17, 2009
9:45 PM

Post #7377859

It 64* here and nice day so I just finish on the deck and steps...

Thumbnail by JuJu55

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

December 17, 2009
9:52 PM

Post #7377876

I let Rusty and Rustie play on deck for little bit that Rustie is shake cold and start to play rough on deck! Rusty was trained Rustie to learn lesson about his yard! lol... See Rusty's ear back it mean his anger mean it very mean it...He won't hurt her... I keep eye on him cause never know it happen...
It get along good now and right now napper time!

Thumbnail by JuJu55

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

December 17, 2009
9:55 PM

Post #7377880

Rustie get ready go inside and I took this pix sure it good to see on deck...

Thumbnail by JuJu55

kiska

(Zone 3b)

December 17, 2009
10:21 PM

Post #7377955

Great job on the deck/steps, Rusty. The puppies are cute, too.
Adina~how nice to have DD home for the holidays~
rannveig

(Zone 5a)

December 18, 2009
12:42 AM

Post #7378326

Nr. 6 is Askasleikir. Food was served in wooden containers called Askur and the leftovers were served to the cats and dogs. That's when Askasleikir would try to snatch them.

A bit cooler today, still calm and partly cloudy. Temps around 35-40F today, currently 32F. Amazing weather! Unfortunately all good things must come to an end... supposed to get really cold over the weekend ...

Today was the last day of school ... tomorrow is a short day for the girls - a Christmas dance for an hour and a half. Don't have to get up early :-) They don't have to be there until 10 :-)

Really busy day today so I'm pretty beat! Selma's singing in a choir concert this weekend with a famous singer here in Iceland ... she's really excited about that! Just when I thought all the extra activities were done before Christmas ... rehersals every day now. At least it was the last day of music school today :-)

Ric - LOl on the coffee serving troll :-)

Have a good night!

Rann

Thumbnail by rannveig

rannveig

(Zone 5a)

December 18, 2009
12:59 AM

Post #7378371

you might get a kick out of this commercial, although the joke might be lost due to the language barrier ... it's for a phone company that's advertising "6 friends independant of phone service" which means you can pick 6 friends to call for less regardless of what phone company they do business with ... anyway it's kind of a Santa meets the Icelandic trolls ... friends were meeting for a Christmas party and the theme was the Icelandic Christmas trolls ... one of them shows up dressed as Santa and there's some debate whether it's a valid costume. At least he brought presents! There are three names you can hear pronounced: Stfur, Kertasnkir and Huraskellir. "Amerski jlasveinninn" is Santa Claus. And in the end "Gleileg jl" means Merry Christmas. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wsgRC6sR-0

Rann
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

December 18, 2009
1:25 AM

Post #7378430

Bernie, RB sold dump trucks, graders, concrete trucks, semis, what looked like well drillers or something similar, and a bunch other stuff I didn't see. It was a good auction. Lots of stuff and lots of bidders.

Today we reached 47 but we had a brisk wind which made it feel like middle 30s. Sun was shining but not doing much good. lol

Thumbnail by pepper23

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

December 18, 2009

Post #7378745

Rusty is still playing.
I notice that one foot in the air... that's a play gesture.
He's teaching Rustie how to know when it's play.
So time down the road it won't be play... lol!
LOVE the Deck!!!!

Adina how great to get your DD home for the Holidays.
Is she still living in Romania?

Rann that's pretty neat about the concert.
Should be a good time!
I got the Commercial... lol!

Pepper that's a sweet ride!

So far we have from Robyn:
Pineapple Upside Down Cake, Oatmeal/Clove Cookies, Oatmeal Caramelitas.
Snicker Doodles (which don't have Snickers in them... boo! and hopefully no Doodles...lol!)

So far I just have the Egg Custard cooling for the Ice Cream and the Sponge for the rolls.
Tomorrow is my Baking Day.

Got the Sewing Room all taped and mudded.
We won't do anything else in there till Sunday at least.

Looks like we may have some snow overnight... then a high near 50.
Still calling for some snow this Saturday but...

Ric

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

December 18, 2009
9:07 AM

Post #7379259

Ric, it was just about time to start working inside!LOL Yummy, so many delicious cookies and ice-cream, wow! My DD is living in Switzerland now and just came home for a month to spent the holidays with us. So funny about your dog sleeping under the snow!LOL
Kiska, thanks. Are you already in Seattle?
Rann, how wonderful to read about the Trolls! I'm so happy for the gift you received from our DG friends!
Sharon, the brocolli flowers are beautiful! Mine didn't get to make anything last summer, just leaves...ugh!
Rusty, such a treat to see your pics! Rustie is such a cutie!
Mau, good you stayed under the covers! Did Friday come with you or did he stay late playing?LOL
Celia, yes, lots of excitement here and it goes on as the snowstorm has started again and we have the other"storm" aka DD here!LOL Love the leaf picture!
Bernie, thanks for the tip of sowing the seeds in January. Are you planting the seedlings in a GH first or in the garden? Too funny about the "pretty hot" measurement!LOL
Pepper, good you had a fun job, but take care and rest more for your legs.

The snowstorm is back and we're even more "stuck" inside like we were the other day. Lucky I don' yhave to work today, but tomorrow I need to get to work in the morning and will stay there all day until 8 p.m. My DH and DS, hopefully with help from our neighbors who couldn't leave for work today will clean off the road so we can use it tomorrow. It is supposed to snow until 11 p.m. tonight. Temps are dropping down to 10F...brrrr!
I took some pics from the inside this morning.
First my DD, Andreea, eating when she arrived at home yesterday...her baby was hungry! She is eating al day long, makes me so happy she is feeling so good!
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

December 18, 2009
9:10 AM

Post #7379261

First pic from the backyard.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

December 18, 2009
9:13 AM

Post #7379262

Another one with the small cherry tree...poor thing!

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

December 18, 2009
9:15 AM

Post #7379264

More.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

December 18, 2009
9:17 AM

Post #7379267

Front door.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

December 18, 2009
9:20 AM

Post #7379269

We can't possibly get out of this door!LOL Lucky we have more entrances!

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

December 18, 2009
9:21 AM

Post #7379271

Poor thujas will get covered with snow!

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

December 18, 2009
9:26 AM

Post #7379275

Another entrance we can't use...we didn't use it anyway because I have "some" of the flowers there!LOL

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

December 18, 2009
9:30 AM

Post #7379278

And outside of this dood where DH and DS already cleared the snow the other day.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

December 18, 2009
9:33 AM

Post #7379280

The dog houses are buried in snow again and some snow was inside too.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

December 18, 2009
9:37 AM

Post #7379283

So I went outside and turned those two .

Thumbnail by adinamiti

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 18, 2009
2:09 PM

Post #7379580

Those seeded in January go into the greenhouse, hopefully early March.
Our outside tomatoes can't go outside until end of May. We seed them mid April.

Bernie

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

December 18, 2009
2:22 PM

Post #7379602

Thanks, Bernie, it's good to know.

It's still snowing here, but no wind, thank God. We went outside, with all the family, including the dogs and cleared the road for tomorrow when I'll have to go to work. If it'll be snowing too much I don'y know what I will do!!!!! I'll post some pics later. Now I'm cooking lunch.
Adina
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

December 18, 2009
3:30 PM

Post #7379761

Rusty: the two doggies are becoming good friends! :o)) Nice job on the deck.
Rann: the trolls are all mischievous! cute commercial-LOL--even if I didn't know what all they were saying. :o))
Pepper: neat photo--I'm assuming that is a roadster of some kind?
Ric: good luck with your baking day!
Adina: Brrrrr! that's a lot of snow! It's a good thing that all your doors weren't blocked. Your DD doesn't look pregnant but I'm sure she will soon! She's very pretty! I have found Romanians to be very handsome people. (My late DH used to have several Romanians that worked for him.)

Today Partly Cloudy
High 56F
Precip 20%
Wind: From WNW at 7 mph
Max. Humidity: 57%
UV Index: 3 Moderate
Sunrise: 7:11 AM CT
Avg. High: 51F
Record High: 74F (2006)

Tonight Partly Cloudy
Overnight Low 33F
Precip 20%
Wind: From NW at 10 mph
Max. Humidity: 71%
Sunset: 4:59 PM CT
Avg. Low: 30F
Record Low: 10F (1981)

A photo from October

Thumbnail by marsue

kiska

(Zone 3b)

December 18, 2009
3:47 PM

Post #7379799

Here in Yelm, Washington; 35*F this morning. Green grass, too.
Loved seeing you DD and all the snow pics, Adina. She is beautiful.
ric~everything sounds so good~
marsue~the October photo is perfect for this time of year.
rann~you will certainly be busy; the performance will be wonderful, I'm sure.
pepper~gorgeous "old" vehicle. They have a real beauty about them.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

December 18, 2009
3:54 PM

Post #7379822

Mau, thank you! I remember you told me about Romanians working for your late DH. Oh, such a sweet memory of last summer!
Kiska, are you going on the same itinerary you had last summer?
Here are all 3 working people!
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

December 18, 2009
3:57 PM

Post #7379833

Doggies looking worried(and tired) at the road we were going to clean!LOL

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

December 18, 2009
4:01 PM

Post #7379843

I drove the car to make a path and stopped where the drift was too high, so DH and DS had to make a path.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

December 18, 2009
5:13 PM

Post #7380013

Adina you need to hook a snow plow or your car to the dogs!
kiska can probably hook you up w/ some mushers! LOL!

All that open ground and wind have certainly piled up the snow.
Good Luck tomorrow!
I have to agree your daughter looks great! Congratulations again on the coming little one.

The wet stuff won't move into here until way late this evening.
We might get 2" up in Dayton by the time it's done tomorrow night.
But day time temps are supposed to be high today so I doubt there will be anything sticking to the roads.
Down here they are calling for under an inch of slushy snow...
It's already 38 going for 46 here and 44 up there.

My roll dough is rising and the Ice Cream is in the freezer.
I'll make a Carrot Cake and some Banana Bread later.
They are just mixer to oven breads... so take no time to prepare.
Robyn's making a Corn Cassarole and her Pumpkin/ Cream Cheese Roll Up presently.
My Mother's Oatmeal Raison Cookies are on the menu also.

I'm on 'Whoops I forgot...' duty too.
We always forget something at the store... LOL!
Ric

Early_Bloomer
Springboro, PA
(Zone 5a)

December 18, 2009
5:19 PM

Post #7380027

30F under cloudy skies here in NW Pennsylvania today. Could see some snow later this evening from that big storm heading up the Mid-Atlantic coast but since we're on the fringe it probably won't amount to much.

Adina...Looks like you have had a lot more winter there then I've had over here. Must be nice to have your own crew of "shovelers". Is there a Dept. of Transportation (that's what we have here) or something similar that plows the roads there?

pepper...Check out the hot-rod photography at the link below. The Christmas stuff is wonderful. This guy does some great Photoshop work.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ratrodstudios/

Ric...You have been working so hard that I've decided to give you Christmas eve and Christmas day off.
Knowing you, I doubt that you'll take me up on my offer though. :-)

Photo: This is an old 2mp photo I took years ago. I edited it in Photoshop the other day and was quite pleased with the transformation. Here's the "before" photo.

Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer

Early_Bloomer
Springboro, PA
(Zone 5a)

December 18, 2009
5:20 PM

Post #7380033

And here is the "after" photo.

early_bloomer

joannabanana
Calgary, AB
(Zone 3a)

December 18, 2009
5:27 PM

Post #7380059

Nice pictures everyone! I haven't had a chance to read all the posts...perhaps on the weekend.

It's been quite nice the last few days (above freezing) but I have been working on a jobsite indoors, so missed it. Our days are at their shortest---only 7 hrs 54 minutes

Currently -5C or +23F
Windchill: -11C or +12F
High today +2C or +36F
Condition: mix sun & clouds
Wind: SSW 15 Km/h or 9 mph
Relative Humidity: 68%
Pressure: 102.3 kPa or 30.20" falling
Dewpoint: -9.8C or +14.4F
Ceiling: unlimited
Visibility: 11 km or 7 miles

Calgary
Altitude: 1084 m or 3556 ft
Latitude: 51.12
Longitude: -114.04

Sunrise: 8:35AM
Sunset: 4:29PM (Sunsets have now started to be later, but the sunrise is later still)
Daylight Hours: 7 hrs 54 min

Happy Holidays!!
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

December 18, 2009
5:40 PM

Post #7380103

WOW Joanna! A HEAT wave!

e_b we are taking those two days off!
Dinner in Dayton... Lasagna! (I'm making the rolls today and freezing them.)
The Christmas Day here... Spaghetti! LOL!

Love the 'Shopping!'
Looks like a painting!

Ric

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

December 18, 2009
6:01 PM

Post #7380163

Not much here. Same old, same old...

32.4 F with 38 for the high.
Overcast
Windchill: 32 F
Humidity: 82%
Dew Point: 28 F
Pressure: 30.42 in (Rising)
Clouds: Mostly Cloudy 9000 ft
Overcast 13000 ft
(Above Ground Level)

Thumbnail by kwanjin

rannveig

(Zone 5a)

December 18, 2009
6:32 PM

Post #7380235

Beautiful day here today, sunny for a brief while around 1 pm, calm and cold, around 32F.

Ric - glad you "got it" :-) lol

Wow Adina - that's a lot of snow to shovel. Aren't the streets cleared by the town?

Mau - what a beautiful reminder of summer :-)

EB - both the before and after shots are beautiful :-)

Nr. 7 made it last night and brought the girls mini-manequines.
His name is Huraskellir (which literally means "door-slammer") and as his name implies, he likes slamming doors, preferrably creaky ones. Especially when everyone's asleep! lol

Rann

Thumbnail by rannveig

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

December 18, 2009
6:37 PM

Post #7380253

Rann after Huraskellir made his appearance last night did he slam the Door?
Just curious if that's part of the ...

Ric

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

December 18, 2009
7:30 PM

Post #7380352

Rann, such a funny Troll!
Joanna looks like you sent the freeze over here!LOL
Ric, good idea, I haven't thought of the dogs!LOL I thought of the car though, but DH said nothing hanging on the car! LOL
E_B, great transformation, love it! We have the City Hall which is responsible for that, but not for our street which is private...grrrr! So we have to manage it ourselves.
Celia, I miss summer too! I'll try to post a picture...have tried it before this and it didn't work, hope it works this time.
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

December 18, 2009
8:51 PM

Post #7380539

Well, I am very exhausted for 4 or 5 days to keep eye on both of my dogs! So, it seen get along good and final Rustie housebroken on newspaper which it mean she has go outside for potty! lol... She goes outside and she did on deck oh well, it not yet to old enough to know to get down on stairs still her legs shaking like cold so she zoom into house for warm lol... Cute for run!... Rustie is learn quickly that I talk to her the words mean of... So, it right pup for me as Rusty was pup in California ( he is now 6 yrs old)...

Get chilly tonight and maybe for rain and snow...

Rustie look at my camera's flashes...

Thumbnail by JuJu55

rannveig

(Zone 5a)

December 18, 2009
9:04 PM

Post #7380577

lol Ric - no he didn't ... he's always been very quiet at our house. They are supposed to be better behaved nowadays ... although they still have a mischievous streak ...lol

Pretty flowers Adina! :-)

Rusty - Rustie is such a cute pup :-)

A photo from this morning ... the ground was covered with thick frost so I took the camera for a drive and took a few pictures. Sorry the scenery is always the same ... might be getting boring ...

Thumbnail by rannveig

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

December 18, 2009
9:25 PM

Post #7380619

Rusty, glad they're getting along now. I love all the pics.

Adina, very pretty! I love that color. I want to plant more MGs in the Spring.

Rann, don't worry. It's not boring to those of us who don't get to see it every day. I look forward to each pic.
rannveig

(Zone 5a)

December 18, 2009
10:42 PM

Post #7380773

Thanks Celia :-)

The sun almost reaching over the mountain ... around 11:45

Thumbnail by rannveig

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

December 18, 2009
10:49 PM

Post #7380799

I'm glad you all like the agate. I never know what 'the peeps' are going to like, so I take pictures of everything. It seems strange that while most of you are struggling with cold and bad weather, I'm out picking up stones.

Happy Birthday, Kiska!

Hope you're feeling better, Sharon.

Great picture transformation, E_B

Ric, I haven't heard of any mudslides.

Cute pup, Rusty

Sally, no I don't transplant any of the plants. That's kind of illegal since they're in state and federal parks. I have been known to take seeds, though.

Cuckoo, I'll see about getting that box of dry heat out to you. ;-)

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 1:51 PM PST on December 18, 2009
78 F
Clear
Humidity: 17%
Dew Point: 30 F
Wind: 12 mph from the North
Wind Gust: 17 mph
Pressure: 29.94 in (Falling)
UV: 2 out of 16
Clouds: Clear -
(Above Ground Level)

We were in San Diego for a few days. I took 202 pictures, but don't worry, I won't post them all.

On Sunday we took a tour of Petco Park, which is the baseball stadium. On the left in this picture you'll see a building that says Western Metal Supply. That's a registered historic building and they couldn't tear it down when they built the stadium so they incorporated it into the stadium. They call the stadium an addition to the building.

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

December 18, 2009
10:51 PM

Post #7380811

view from the press box

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

December 18, 2009
10:54 PM

Post #7380821

a couple of big sluggers in the dugout

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

December 18, 2009
10:58 PM

Post #7380835

This is the visiting team clubhouse. It's a lot more spare than I would have expected. It's about as "plush" as someone's basement rec room.

Thumbnail by Kelli

kiska

(Zone 3b)

December 18, 2009
11:48 PM

Post #7380972

Good reading and photos as I post a pic of the Anchorage airport on Tuesday-now experiencing a world of difference here in Seattle area.
48*F Overcast -
Anchorage airport:
December 15- since then, the snow has piled high; over 6' in Valdez.

Thumbnail by kiska

kiska

(Zone 3b)

December 18, 2009
11:55 PM

Post #7380990

kelli~the baseball photos are great.
rann~never boring~I really would love to see Iceland someday.
rusty~he is so cute-glad you've nearly finished w/housebreaking.
adina~what a hard-working crew~that's tons of snow to move around. Beautiful summer pic, too.
E_B~very nice w/the before and after pics.
Seems everyone is busy w/preparations for holiday eats. Sounds so good.
Anchorage airport snow plows at work.
Dec. 15

Thumbnail by kiska

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

December 19, 2009
12:19 AM

Post #7381033

As Rustie is female not male! Rusty is male!

Thumbnail by JuJu55

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

December 19, 2009
12:39 AM

Post #7381077

EB: nice contrast between the "shopped" photo and the original--both are lovely.
Rann: glad #7 didn't slam the door at your house--LOL. That first photo of the scenery could be somewhere on the Kansas prairie--except for the rocks. Lovely sunrise photo, too.
Kiska: I suppose snow plows are a way of life in Alaska in the winter time--
Adina: nice photo of the morning glories--and yours, too, Celia! --almost makes me feel warm--LOL
Ric: have a good time at your family get-together tomorrow. Hope the weather cooperates!
Rusty: I hope you plan on having little Rustie "fixed" when she is old enough--unless you plan on having puppies!
Kelli: you and the other "slugger" appear to be having as good time. Interesting how they incorporated the metal supply building into the ball park.

Dyson dark here. It was actually fairly pleasant today--got up into the mid 50's.

I took Friday to have him groomed today. He is ready for the holidays--has candy canes on his bandana:

Thumbnail by marsue

rannveig

(Zone 5a)

December 19, 2009
1:00 AM

Post #7381128

Thanks Mau - aw, Friday looks ready for the holidays :-)

I think the horses are so pretty in their winter coats ... Hildur Eva was with me so we stopped to greet them :-)

Rann

Thumbnail by rannveig

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 19, 2009
1:35 AM

Post #7381220

Rann, love your pictures. Always nice to see other parts of the world.
What are the square ponds in those pictures?

Everyone. Someone brought up an old thread about Christmas. I had it made sticky in Jokes & Humor forum. Well worth reading.

We went out for supper tonight. Usually go once on a weekend, but with all the holiday doings, haven't made it for a while.

Bernie
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

December 19, 2009
1:58 AM

Post #7381265

High of 37 though we had a brisk wind again so it felt a heck of alot colder! Lots of flurries in the sky but majority of them didn't reach the ground.

E_B, I will check out the cars when I get a chance. I saved it so I could go back.
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

December 19, 2009
2:45 AM

Post #7381328

Rann it is fun to watch the subtle changes occurring there.
You are too close to it.
Stark countryside but there is a Majesty to it.
Is that a Gull in the picture?
Beautiful Horses!

Well we have a reverse weather front coming in.
It appears this one is from the southeast... that can get bad.
Usually we get our weather from the SW or NW...

We have a Winter Advisory... the further east you go the worse the weather.
WV, PA, OH tristate area is under a Warning... 8-12" of snow in some spots.
We might get 2"-4" here in 24 hours. Possible 2" by morning...
BUT Dayton has no Advisory and might get 1" total.
The whole thing is supposed to taper off by late tomorrow night.

We won't be leaving till 2:30 or so and I will be watching carefully.
By that time the roads should be fine.
It appears we'll actually be driving into better weather.
It will mostly be done by the time we leave to come home.
Course it doesn't take much to gum things up...LOL!

36 Currently and Drizzle.

Well all the Baking is done or finishing off.
Banana Breads have about 15 minutes left... then the second set of Rolls but they only take 10 minutes.
Dishes are done! Kitchen is Clean!
The HT calls! LOL!

BBL
Ric

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

December 19, 2009
3:03 AM

Post #7381377

I'll take a banana bread off your hands! LOL
kiska

(Zone 3b)

December 19, 2009
3:26 AM

Post #7381408

yummmm~~lots of good sounding cooking taking place.
uh-oh~Rusty, let Rustie know she is a beautiful little girl:))
Friday is looking very festive~
My 8 year old gdaughter is loving the photos, too.
rann~the horses are especially cute to her; she'd love a horse in her yard someday.
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

December 19, 2009
4:57 AM

Post #7381557

Ahhhh the HT felt good!
We did get a few moments of freezing rain when a wind kicked up.

Well so far we are in a pocket of warm... relatively.
It's snowing everywhere but s/w of this pocket we're in.
The pocket is collapsing so... LOL!

My friend vic down in NC is looking at a SERIOUS snow.
Maybe 12" by morning.
Plus they are now starting to get power outages...

Well off to read.
Everything is bagged up and ready to go.
Pepper unfortunately the breads don't travel well... well not that far anyway... lol!

Ric
Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 19, 2009
10:38 AM

Post #7381737

SNOW - more than I have seen in several years _ Have plenty of kerosene an a well stocked pantry, need to go no farther than the kitchen (about 18 feet from the computer). Guess I should start some bacon and eggs for the wife unit.

Everyone please take care, be safe and stay warm.

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

December 19, 2009
1:25 PM

Post #7381872

I gonna get Rustie "fixed" early age around 8 weeks old or little bit older either 3 or 4 months old and Rusty has his "fixed" already at 7-1/2 weeks old... and got all the shots, too... It was in California I got him on Pet Day Adopt... I don't want any more puppies to feed them cost of $$$...

Last night I let Rustie walk around at night and sleep under the blanket... So, today I look for something I don't want walk on poops! She did in kitchen on rug not newspaper so I going remove the rug out of the kitchen and use newspaper this time... Right now she sleep in bathroom which it warm and on white rug!

Rustie play my robe belt and I told her "No-No" then she back off to not play my robe belt! She did listen what I said... I glad she is right pup for me...

Thumbnail by JuJu55

rannveig

(Zone 5a)

December 19, 2009
1:39 PM

Post #7381893

Good morning!

It's cold this morning! -3C/27F and a cold wind to go with it ... they never report the windchill here for some reason ... it's just cold! lol
Clear sky with a few scattered pink clouds ... might see the sun for a while today :-) Frost in the forecast until Christmas I think, but no snow ... just clear skies (sigh) ... lots of snow up north.

Thanks Bernie - those squares aren't ponds ... they're fields. Probably just grass for making hay ... I think that's the only thing grown around here although I'm not sure.

Nr. 8 is Skyrgmur ... he brought the girls big chocolate pieces and self-ink stamps , Hildur Eva's with a frog pic and Selma's with a rabbit.
He likes skyr and lots of it ... skyr is a traditional Icelandic dairy food ... somewhere between a thick yoghurt and cream cheese ... very low fat and high in protein. It's very tangy so it needs to be sweetened ... I like it best with sugar, berries and heavy cream. It's also very good in health shakes with milk and frozen berries ... healthier that way ;-) lol

Rann

Thumbnail by rannveig

rannveig

(Zone 5a)

December 19, 2009
1:53 PM

Post #7381923

Thanks Kiska - Hildur Eva would like a horse too ... not in the backyard though! lol

After Selma's Christmas celebration at school was over at 1 pm I took the girls back to see the horses ... by then the sun was up! :-)

Rann

Thumbnail by rannveig

rannveig

(Zone 5a)

December 19, 2009
2:16 PM

Post #7381963

Thumbnail by rannveig

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

December 19, 2009
4:24 PM

Post #7382277

Sound like Rustie is fitting in perfectly!
Good for Her and You!

Rann what a Beautiful Series of Photos!
Sounds like the Girls are getting quite the Haul from the Trolls!
Maybe the weather people are afraid everyone would move out of Iceland if they posted the Wind Chills all the time...LOL!

We woke to about an inch of snow. Temps were 33 so it was wet snow.
Now it's 34 and we might have 1/2" left.
It has been snowing steadily but the roads and sidewalks are clear. Most yards showing grass.
It is snowing more heavily up in Dayton.
Radar shows it moving out about the time we leave to go up so...

A Friend up in Beavercreek is a Realtor/Landlord.
One of her tenants moved out suddenly..lol!... and left a Gas Grill...which she has offered to us for free.
Supposedly it's a very nice one so we'll swing by this afternoon and check it out.
Probably need to borrow Jon's trailer if it's a keeper.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

December 19, 2009
7:35 PM

Post #7382624

26.4 F with 36 for the high.
Mostly Cloudy
Windchill: 26 F
Humidity: 84%
Dew Point: 22 F
Wind Gust: 2.0 mph
Pressure: 30.45 in (Rising)
Visibility: 2.0 miles
UV: 1 out of 16
Clouds: Mostly Cloudy 18000 ft
(Above Ground Level)

A winter wonderland this morning.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

December 19, 2009
7:39 PM

Post #7382634

Everything was covered in frost.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

December 19, 2009
9:43 PM

Post #7382859

mild Santa Ana winds today, nothing too exciting

Updated: 12:51 PM PST on December 19, 2009
75 F
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 19%
Dew Point: 30 F
Wind: 13 mph from the North

pictures from San Diego Wild Animal Park
various antelope

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

December 19, 2009
9:44 PM

Post #7382862

giraffes

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

December 19, 2009
9:44 PM

Post #7382864

snooze time

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

December 19, 2009
9:46 PM

Post #7382866

roaawrr!

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

December 19, 2009
9:46 PM

Post #7382868

African pelican

Thumbnail by Kelli

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 19, 2009
9:47 PM

Post #7382870

Got the TV stand delivered.
With doors open.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 19, 2009
9:48 PM

Post #7382871

Doors shut.

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

December 19, 2009
11:11 PM

Post #7383096

Great job on the stand Bernie!!

It's cold here and we had flurries most of the day but not enough to leave even a dusting on the ground. The sky looks like it wants to dump snow on us but radar shows all clear there.
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

December 20, 2009
3:02 AM

Post #7383735

Wow what a coincidence Kelli.
I was just talking to guiltygirl out in Wildomar about that very place.
We stayed in Miramar for a few days did the Park and Zoo.
We loved both but there is something special about the Park and all that African looking terrain.
Do you have any shots of the Marabou Stork?
It was eating mice when we were there... ugly creatures!

Lovely Cab Bernie!
Just like our old one but yours is FAR better done.

Well we dodged a bullet.
We drove up and back in basically rain.
Traffic near the malls was bad and we did see two wrecks but those appeared to be driver error rather than weather related.
Snow showers did hit as we neared home but at 34 nothing stuck.
Light traffic mellow ride coming home.
Good food, Good time!

All the warnings and advisories have been canceled.
We're looking at slightly below normal Highs but above normal Lows for the next week.

Ric
rannveig

(Zone 5a)

December 20, 2009
12:25 PM

Post #7384478

Good morning!

Clear skies with skattered clouds again today ... that cold wind still blowing and 27F ... basically the same as yesterday! lol

I finally finished the chocolates yesterday ... made 7 different kinds so it took quite a while. My tasters have OK'd them all ;-) lol They'll be Christmas presents ... but there'll be plenty (too much!) left for us as well. Now I have to bake a fruit cake for my parents and the last cookies and then I'm done with the baking. Do you have Sarah Bernhard cookies over there?

Here's a question from Selma she asked me this morning: Do kids over there only get presents from Santa Claus or do they also get presents from their family?

Ric - glad you had a safe trip and a good time! All those baked goods you and Robin made sure sound delicious! :-) LOL on the Wind Chill comment ...

Kelli - great photos from the animal park ... great close up of the lion!

Bernie - the TV stand looks great.

Nr. 9 brought the girls Christmas ornaments ( swans to hang on the Christmas tree) and lollypops. His name is Bjgnakrkir and his favorite food is sausages so you'd mainly find him hanging around the smoke house...

Have a good day!

Rann

Thumbnail by rannveig

Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 20, 2009
12:37 PM

Post #7384501

Cold - right at freezing, the snow is deep and I will attempt to clear some of it off the vehicles for tomorrows run to the jobs (no need to travel today). Lots of the kerosene left, no major loss of electric yet and the pantry is holding up well, thinking of steak & eggs for the morning meal.

Chocolates? - Rann you do have my address don't you?

Care to all -

Thumbnail by Dyson

Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 20, 2009
2:16 PM

Post #7384669

Good morning! Rann, our girls just ("just" isn't exactly the right word... they get a lot of gifts! LOL) get presents from family, and none from Santa. I think most kids who do "do" Santa, also get presents from family.

It's a bit cool here this morning! There were rumors about another winter storm front coming through this week, and maybe we would have a white Christmas, but it's not looking likely.

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 7:53am CST (21 min ago)
Temperature 36 F 2 C
Dew Point 33 F 1 C
Humidity 89%
Pressure 30.34 in 1027.5 mb
Wind Speed Calm Calm
Wind Dir - -
Ceiling Unlimited Unlimited
Visibility 10 mi 16.1 km
Current Conditions Clear
6 hour min temperature ending 5:53am CST : 32.0F / 0.0C

Today Sunny. Highs in the lower 60s. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph in the morning becoming southeast in the afternoon.
Tonight Clear. Lows in the upper 30s. South winds around 5 mph.
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

December 20, 2009
3:23 PM

Post #7384803

Rann I don't know if the Girls will be reading this so let's just say it this way and you can read it to her.
--------------------------------------------
In answer to Selma's question:
We got presents from Santa only at home and after a certain age Mom and Dad took over.
Usually the Parents take over after the youngest child reaches that age...
I'm the oldest by 6 years so Santa brought me stuff way later than most kids I knew.
Lucky kid eh!?!

----------------------------------------------
Rann in our house until the end Mom and Dad signed all our presents.
From Santa...
It was a way of touching our childhood Mom told me once.

BTW I found a way for you to get the wind chill easily.
I assume you can access The Weather Channel's web site.
They didn't have your town but they did have Reykjavik.
Current weather
Partly Cloudy 28 Winds from the N at 24 MPH Wind Chill 14
or -2 C Winds from the N at 39 km/h Wind Chill -10 C

I looked up the Cookies Rann...mmmmmmm...
Here's a funny site on making them.
http://www.bakeittilyoumakeit.com/the_red_bucket_diaries/2008/05/sandra-bernhard.html

We woke up to crunchie snow this morning.
Maybe 1/4" total. So we got home before everything iced up.
Currently 32 we might hit 36 and see some sun later in the afternoon.
9:26 hours of daylight.. we have been bouncing between 9:25 and 9:26 for the last two days.
So we have reached the end of the shortening days.

Looks like 42 for Christmas.

Ric

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 20, 2009
3:49 PM

Post #7384865

3" of snow early this morning. 20 with sunshine now.

Hey, Ric, how about those Cowboys ? Saints have been lucky lately.
To bad Vikings weren't p[laying them last night. Sack total would have been out of sight.

Vikings don't play until evening today.

Bernie
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

December 20, 2009
4:27 PM

Post #7384949

I watched a bit of it Bernie and Tivo'd so I can take time to see the whole thing.
I agree w/ your Saints critique.

Today will be the defining game in the two Ohio teams' season.
Either the real Bengals will show up and make a deep run into the Playoffs ...
w/ Chris Henry's death this week.. or?
The Browns (my team) appear to have turned a corner.
8 sacks against Pittsburg last week playing stellar defense, from most penalized team to one of the least, top 3 in special teams... 'maybe' have a quarterback...lol!
Mangini has dumped the 'Stars' and kept the players... W/ it appears Holmgren coming in...
the next 3 games are crucial to his survival as coach.

Grey Cold and Calm...
Camera Time! lol!

Ric

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

December 20, 2009

Post #7385378

Cold and foggy!

25.8 F wioth 35 for the high.
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 89%
Dew Point: 23 F
Wind: 1.0 mph from the NW
Wind Gust: 3.0 mph
Pressure: 30.30 in (Falling)
Clouds: Few 500 ft
Mostly Cloudy 18000 ft
(Above Ground Level)

Thumbnail by kwanjin

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

December 20, 2009
8:42 PM

Post #7385539

Rusty: little Rustie is a very smart puppy--glad she is the right pup for you!
Celia: "Jack Frost" is certainly nipping around in your area!
Bernie: good looking tv cabinet--the lady was surely pleased with it?
Ric: glad you and Robyn had a good time with the family and made it back home without any problems from the weather.
Kelli: enjoying the photos from the animal park. We didn't make it to that park when we went to see the San Diego zoo.
Rann: at my house, when I was growing up, we got toys from
Santa and the other gifts, such as clothes, etc., from our parents. It was the same way when I had small children, too. Different families do different things about that--some homes get all their gifts from Santa--just depends on the particular family. and then there are more and more families, like Marylyn's, that don't celebrate the "Santa" part of the holiday, preferring to keep things focused on the true meaning of Christmas, which, after all, is "Christ's Day".

Today Sunny
Right Now 47F
Feels Like 43F
Wind: From S at 8 mph
Humidity: 55%
UV Index: 1 Low
Sunrise: 7:12 AM CT
Avg. High: 51F
Record High: 76F (1967)
Tonight Clear
Overnight Low 32F
Wind: From WSW at 6 mph
Max. Humidity: 76%
Sunset: 5:00 PM CT
Avg. Low: 30F
Record Low: 7F (1996)

This ceramic tree has been in my family for almost 50 years. It was made for my mother by a friend of hers and when my mother died, it came to me.

Thumbnail by marsue

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

December 20, 2009
8:49 PM

Post #7385563

Mau we have the same tree.
Made by my exMIL 35 years ago or so... given to my DM

Ric
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

December 20, 2009
9:03 PM

Post #7385734

How nice, Ric! My aunt had a tree just like it, too, only hers was pink! (She was really big into pink--even had a pink aluminum tree for years--with pink ornaments all over it! LOL) I'm not sure what happened to that pink ceramic tree when my aunt died unless my sister gave it to one of her daughters.

edited to ask a question: Ric, do you know where I can get more of those gold (look almost orange) "bulbs"? Actually, my tree has a big light bulb that fits underneath the tree and the "bulbs" are just plastic that allow the light to glow through them. I have several that are missing and there don't seem to be any ceramic shops around anymore where I can purchase them.

This message was edited Dec 20, 2009 3:07 PM
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

December 20, 2009
11:12 PM

Post #7386027

Ric, I don't remember the marabou stork.

Rann, growing up, we got gifts from Santa and relatives. I don't remember if we only got toys from Santa or if it could be anything. (If I had kids, I would give them fewer Christmas presents but I'd make sure that they were all fun things. No socks and underwear for Christmas presents. Those are only slightly more fun than homework.) My parents told us that they had to pay Santa for the gifts and that is why we couldn't always get everything that we asked for. I have never heard of anyone else's parents saying that.

Marilyn, I'm sure there is some place online where you can buy those bulbs. I do a search on ceramic Christmas tree bulbs. You might have to get enough to redo the whole tree in order to make sure the color is all the same.

Updated: 2:51 PM PST on December 20, 2009
70 F
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 26%
Dew Point: 33 F
Wind: 6 mph from the South

more pictures from Wild Animal Park

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

December 20, 2009
11:13 PM

Post #7386029

African succulent garden

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

December 20, 2009
11:14 PM

Post #7386031

Baja garden

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

December 20, 2009
11:15 PM

Post #7386037

Calfornian garden

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

December 20, 2009
11:18 PM

Post #7386042

general overview of the park

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

December 20, 2009
11:20 PM

Post #7386044

a view in a different direction

Thumbnail by Kelli

rannveig

(Zone 5a)

December 21, 2009
1:17 AM

Post #7386354

Ric - that link is hilarious! lol I never realised they were that hard to make ... my recipe certainly isn't THAT tricky! Time consuming, yes, but definately worth the trouble. They are absolute "must haves" on Christmas. The girls LOVE them! :-) Selma asked me to make a double batch so there would definately be enough ... not sure that's going to happen! lol Thanks for the weather info ... I'll check it out, looks like it could save me a lot of time ;-) lol

Kelli - great photos. Love the African succulent garden ... really neat!

Mau - love the ceramic tree ... Hildur Eva thinks I should get one too ;-) lol

Celia - pretty! :-)

Thank you all for your answers to Selma's question, very interesting to hear your different versions. Here kids get presents from their parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles etc. so if the family's big it's a lot of presents ... and a lot of presents to buy if there are a lot of kids in your immediate family. With our recent split, my Christmas shopping list got considerably shorter as I only have to find presents for my side of the family ... 5 nieces and nephews, my parents and siblings.

My ex will spend Christmas Eve with the me and the girls ... I hope it will help to make this Christmas better for them. He's even offered to help me clean the house ... which I think was pretty sweet of him.

Here's another horse photo from Friday ...

Rann

Thumbnail by rannveig

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

December 21, 2009
1:48 AM

Post #7386442

Here is a supplier of ceramic Christmas tree lights http://www.ceramicartspace.com/ceramics187/store.html
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

December 21, 2009
2:40 AM

Post #7386584

Temps were varied pretty widely across the state. Around here at my house we reached around 42. But the further north you went the colder it was. I was in Milan today visiting family and it was right around the freezing mark all day but no wind. And they still had patches of snow on the ground.

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

December 21, 2009
2:53 AM

Post #7386615

Here you go Mau.
http://www.ceramicartspace.com/ceramics187/store.html
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

December 21, 2009
2:55 AM

Post #7386620

LOL!
Guess great minds think alike Kelli.
I should have refreshed my page before responding.

The Stork was down by the 'Village'.
He was eating mice thrown by a handler, reached down a snatched a lizard and threw it at the crowd.
They may have 'retired' him to the Zoo...lol!

Ric

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

December 21, 2009
2:57 AM

Post #7386623

Mau, Mr. Frost certainly has made a home for himself here.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

joannabanana
Calgary, AB
(Zone 3a)

December 21, 2009
2:57 AM

Post #7386624

Rann,

Love your pictures of the horses. It reminded me of a funny (well I thought it was funny) happening a number of years ago. I used to travel (by car) extensively throughout central and northern Alberta. The company that I worked for had a technical specialist that was sent from California to Alberta for a little road trip in the middle of winter. We had to drive 3 hours from one city to another, so there was time to chat about the scenery. The subject of cows came up, since most the trip is thru agricultural terrain. There were all sorts of questions about what the cows ate, where they slept, did they go "in" at night, what were they doing in a field of snow etc. I asked what's with all the cow questions. He (Mr. California) had never seen such furry cows. A few months later I had phoned him and he happened to be in Alaska. I asked him how furry the cows were up there. He sure thought that was funny.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

December 21, 2009
2:59 AM

Post #7386629

That IS funny, Joanna! LOL
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

December 21, 2009
3:05 AM

Post #7386642

Thanks again for the shots Kelli.
I have to dig our slides out and start scannning them.

To everyone if you are ever in the San Diego area you HAVE to get a dual pass.
And budget a full day for each Park.
Admission to both parks, free train ride in the WAP and free double decker bus ride at the SDZ.
AND 2 Sky Lift Tickets.
The chair ride over the Zoo is insane!
Course so are the escalators taking you up out of the valley too...
You can literally spend a week just in Balboa Park.
We spent 3 days there and did not have enough time.

We never broke freezing today.
Watched the Browns game streaming so I couldn't Tivo... that killed the afternoon...lol!

Ric
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

December 21, 2009
3:23 AM

Post #7386695

Hey at least you could watch the game Ric!! LOL. Chiefs didn't sell out so they had a blackout for 75 miles around. Grrr...
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

December 21, 2009
4:02 AM

Post #7386790

Pepper ALL the games are streamed on Justin.TV.
Just have to watch a sometimes bad feed on your computer.

I forgot about your being in KC... Sorry!
But hey the Chiefs helped set three records today! For the Browns... lol!

Ric

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 21, 2009
4:42 AM

Post #7386902

Somebody just finished a game with Carolina. I don't know who played, but it wasn't the Vikings.
Oh well, after 40 years of Vikings football you are used to this kind of let down. Remember we lost 4 Super Bowls & numerous playoff games.
That's why everybody has a fish house & goes fishing through the ice in late December & January. It is way more e3xciting than watching the Vikings!
Bars do real good, because everybody trying to drown their sorrows after the lousy game.

20 yet tonight. Above average temps. Love it! everyone of these makes the winter shorter.

We went over to daughters house this afternoon & put sheetrock on the wall between the garage & house. They are going to get insulation tomorrow & warm the place up!

We took a job putting crown moulding around a room at a house in Mankato. Doing it tomorrow. Over 110ft around the room & 25 corners. Figuring the whole day to do it.

Bernie

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

December 21, 2009
8:31 AM

Post #7387127

Good morning everyone! We went through another snowstorm on Saturday night and we had , of course, more snow to shovel...grrr!
Today it's sunny, but freezing. The tems have dropped to 4 during the night..brrrr!!!!Today we are going with Andreea to the doctor for a scan which will show if the baby is a boy or a girl, I can hardly wait!
Today appeared my article about the pinecone candle holders. You can see it here :

http://davesgarden.com/guides/articles/view/2743/

Mau, what a wonderful Christmas Tree! I hope you can find the bulbs for it!
Ric, that's a lot of work, but it worths it! When are you leaving?
Kelli, great pics! The animals look awesome! And love the cactuses and succulents!Were those red flowers?
Celia, that is some frost! Cool pics!
Rann, my story about Santa Claus in Romania is the same , only that it's a slightly difference. During the years of communism we weren't allowed to be religious and Santa Claus had a different name. In Romanian we aren't calling him Santa , but Old Man and he was called the Freezing Old Man. After the falling of communism in 1989(BTW, tomorrow will be 20 years since) he came back to the children as Santa Claus. While I was a kid, I got my presents always under the tree and mom said they were left there by the Freezing Old Man.

Hugs,
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

rannveig

(Zone 5a)

December 21, 2009
10:55 AM

Post #7387211

Good morning!

Windy and cold this morning ... wouldn't mind not leaving the house at all today.
According to the weather channel this is our weather ... sounds about right. Partly cloudy, 28F ... feels like 14F. Wind 10-20 mph from north. High 29F, low 27F (this could be why they never bother listing highs and lows here either ...) Sunrise at 11:23, sunset at 3:30. According to their 10-day forecast there's a possibility of snow showers on the 23rd! :-) There's still hope!

Joanna - that is a funny story :-) Didn't know they'd keep cows outside during winter ... they stay inside here. Even the sheep are inside, just some horses that are still outdoors.

Nr. 10 brought the girls glitter pens. His name is Gluggaggir (window peeper). He's not as particular as the others, he likes to do some window shopping before he decides what to take ... and then maybe comeback later to get it ...

Rann

Thumbnail by rannveig

rannveig

(Zone 5a)

December 21, 2009
11:05 AM

Post #7387224

Here's a video from last night's concert. I told you earlier Selma's choir was singing in a concert with a well-known singer here in Iceland. It was great ... great experience for the girls. It was so exciting for them to meet her. She represented Iceland in the Eurovision Song Contest in 2008 so to them she's like a super star! lol http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1099367424308 Selma's in the center of the back row.

Another photo from Friday... long shadows at high noon ;-)

Rann

Thumbnail by rannveig

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

December 21, 2009
2:07 PM

Post #7387539

23.9 F with 31 for the high.
Overcast
Windchill: 24 F
Humidity: 89%
Dew Point: 21 F
Pressure: 30.23 in (Falling)
Visibility: 1.0 miles
Clouds: Overcast 300 ft
(Above Ground Level)

Thumbnail by kwanjin

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

December 21, 2009
2:17 PM

Post #7387578

I hit SEND way before I was ready.

Happy Birthday, Rusty!!!

Rann, that cat is showing Gluggaggir a thing or two! LOL Selma looked like she was having a good time. Is that the young lady who was in competition you told us about? Your horse pics a re great!!!

Adina, love the article today. All the items looks so fun to make.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

joannabanana
Calgary, AB
(Zone 3a)

December 21, 2009
2:34 PM

Post #7387683

Happy B-Day Rusty!

The forecast has changed a bit and we may have another dump of snow over the next couple of days. Temps are about -10C, which is +14F.

Here's a picture of our farm, about 6 hours drive NE of Calgary. A real "fixer upper"

Thumbnail by joannabanana

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

December 21, 2009
3:37 PM

Post #7387839

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Rusty!!
Hope you and the Pups have a Great Day!

Let me get thus straight Joanna... it's not cold enough in Calgary so you have a farm 6 hours NE?
What will you raise Musk Ox or Reindeer?

Happy Solstice!
Today is Winter Solstice. The longest night and shortest day...
(9:25 hours of sunlight here)
They had a big ceremony up at Fort Ancient this morning.
Built originally about 2000 years ago by the Hopewell Indians and then expanded by the Fort Ancient Tribe is an 18000 foot long earthworks w/ walls up to 35' tall.
Originally it was thought to be a defensive structure, hinse the name.
Then a Summer trading post... turquoise from AZ, shells from ME and bones/tools from the Western Plains Indians have been found there.
No winter living quarters from the Hopewell or Fort Ancient eras though.
Then a small village was found outside the walls.
After satellite mapping and ground surveys and a lot of brush/tree removal it's thought it's true nature has been discovered. It's a Solar and Lunar Calendar.
Notches in the wall line up w/ a mound in the center and mark various astronomic events.
This morning the sun rise lines up w/ the furthest south notch when viewed from the center mound.

So several local Native American tribes hold their Winter Cermonies there now.
A giant bonfire is lit on the mound as the sun rises.
Come Summer Solstice a huge Tribal gathering and festival will be held.

Here's a sampling of some of the Earthworks and Mounds.
http://www.safetgallery.com/MoundPix/MoundFrameset.html
http://www.cmnh.org/site/Img/AboutUs/Pressroom/EarthWorks/fullsize/1.jpg

33 here and we appear to be going back to our normal temps after today.
Low/Mid 40's for a high Mid/Upper 20's for a low.

Ric
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

December 21, 2009
6:02 PM

Post #7388230

Hi everyone! I'm just lurking and enjoying everyone's pictures, Adina look at all of that snow! I don't have anything to look at except bare trees and dormant grass. Ur dogs are so cute!

It's gorgeous today, high 50's and bright sun!
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

December 21, 2009
9:10 PM

Post #7388612

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, RUSTY! Have a great day!

Crissy is correct. It is gorgeous here today--it was 59*F on my back porch just a little bit ago. Friday and I enjoyed some time outside and Friday especially enjoyed a roll in the grass but, good doggie that he is, he shook off all the dead grass before we came inside. LOL
Thank you, Kelli and Ric for the link to the bulbs for my ceramic tree. I am going to order a bag of 100 multi-colored bulbs for use in future years. My daughter also has one of these trees so she and I together can both use the bulbs.
Rann: I'm glad Hildur Eva liked my ceramic tree. Maybe she will get one herself one of these years.! Sure hope so! glad to hear that the girls' father will be spending some time with the girls and you on Christmas Eve.
Joanna: funny story about the "furry cows" LOL
Rann: you certainly have some "furry" ponies over there--I've enjoyed the photos! The trolls are still up to their mischief, I see. Glad the girls are being good, though. ;o))
Ric: interesting story about Fort Ancient. We have a place here called Crowley's Ridge which has mounds where ancient tribes lived. There is another place called Toltec Mounds. The history of both places is very interesting.
Celia: Isis appears to be very playful in that 2nd photo but just "chillin' " in the first one. :o)) P.S. You can keep Jack Frost up there--I don't like him!! LOL--except the photos he creates are pretty to look at!
Adina: Which is it for your DD--a girl or a boy? Nice article about the pine cone candle holders. You put a lot of work into the candle holders and into the article!

Tonight: Partly cloudy skies. Low 38F. Winds light and variable.
Tomorrow: Cloudy skies early. A few showers developing later in the day. High around 60F. Winds SSE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30%.
Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 21, 2009
9:23 PM

Post #7388642

Happy Birthday, Rusty!!!

GREAT article, Adina!! :-)

I loved the furry cow story, Joanna! LOL

I like glitter pens, too, Rann. :-)

We're almost done Christmas shopping finally... I still need to buy one more thing for Joy (the movie Up!), a few stocking fillers (probably underwear and socks... sorry, Kelli! ;-) I already bought the fun stuff for the stockings!) and candy to fill in any remaining empty space, and something from the bunnies for Daddy (I'll take them to Home Depot - it's easy to find parking there, and he can always use another flashlight or fun tool. LOL) I actually haven't shopped for all of our nieces and nephews yet, but I also haven't finished the photo montage DVD thingy that I send out to their parents yet, either, so they're just going to get late gifts from us. They're pretty used to that! LOL I've had a project for church that I've been working on and has eating up my remaining brain cells and all of my computer time. The project (or at least the part that was due today) is done now, so I need to get to work on the "movie"!

It's nice outside!! We're going to have a chilly front later in the week, but then the highs will still be in the 50s. Back to our normal (non-snowy) December weather!

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 2:53pm CST (28 min ago)
Temperature 66 F 19 C
Dew Point 45 F 7 C
Humidity 46%
Pressure 30.17 in 1021.8 mb
Wind Speed 12 MPH 10 kts
Wind Dir S 180
Ceiling 4800 ft 1463 m
Visibility 10 mi 16.1 km
Current Conditions Cloudy
6 hour min temperature ending 11:53am CST : 34.0F / 1.1C

Rest of today Mostly sunny in the late morning and early afternoon then becoming partly cloudy. Highs in the mid 60s. South winds 5 to 10 mph.
Tonight Partly cloudy until late night then becoming mostly cloudy. Warmer. Lows in the lower 50s. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph.

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

December 21, 2009
9:24 PM

Post #7388644

Right now it 63*...

Got my truck fix done today and it was pretty bad on tie-joint arms and rubber thing to hold the arm on tie-joints...

Thanks for my b-day and it will be no cake for me! Oh well, I just stay home and rest also play Rustie for while that it was my b-day pup! lol... Rusty is good thing to help me to teach my pup to know around yard and house... She get smart everyday to learn new word to know what's it I keep talk -teach... Rustie is not ready to jump off the deck yet still whine! So, she have to learn patient not whine! lol... (too small to get back up there!)

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

December 21, 2009
11:18 PM

Post #7388925

Happy birthday, Rusty!

Celia, your cat looks like me. I layed down after lunch and slept for two hours. I guess I wore myself out in San Diego.

It looks like it could rain but they aren't calling for anything.

Updated: 2:51 PM PST on December 21, 2009
62 F
Overcast
Humidity: 41%
Dew Point: 38 F

pictures from Sea World

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

December 21, 2009
11:19 PM

Post #7388927

dolphin

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

December 21, 2009
11:21 PM

Post #7388934

The walrus cracks me up

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

December 21, 2009
11:22 PM

Post #7388936

another Christmas tree

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

December 21, 2009
11:23 PM

Post #7388938

orkas

Thumbnail by Kelli

FlipFlops
Brunswick , GA
(Zone 9a)

December 22, 2009
12:33 AM

Post #7389110

Happy Birthday Rusty...enjoy your pups!!!
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

December 22, 2009
1:59 AM

Post #7389371

Happy Birthday Rusty!!

It's pretty decent here today. High of low 40s mostly sunny.
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

December 22, 2009
3:33 AM

Post #7389596

Rusty I hope you had A GREAT BIRTHDAY!!!!! Looks like you are thoroughly enjoying your birthday pup, as cute as she is and all!

Awww Sea World, I love Sea World, haven't been there in years. In fact, the last time I was there I was in high school, had to spend 4 days at the park. We were there for a band competition and there were 4 days between the times we played and the only place the instructor took us was Sea World, great idea for one, maybe two days, but by the third day we were just sitting around on the grass, and the 4th day was way way boring. I've been to San Diego lots of times after that, just did everything else but Sea World. LOL

I have got to get off of the computer and put my foot up. Darn thing!

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

December 22, 2009
10:39 AM

Post #7390095

Happy belated birthday Rusty! I'm sorry I missed it yesterday!
I have to give you the news: IT'S A BOY!!!! He is well, I'll post some pics of the scan later. It was so sweet to see him on the screen...so emotional!
We celebrated with champagne!LOL
I'll comment later when I'll be at the office.
Adina
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

December 22, 2009
3:23 PM

Post #7390509

AAAWWWWWWW Adina, that's awesome! Can't wait to see the pics!

52.7 F
Overcast
Humidity: 63%
Dew Point: 40 F
Pressure: 29.91 in (Steady)
UV: 0.0 out of 16
Clouds:
Scattered Clouds 2800 ft
Mostly Cloudy 3400 ft
Overcast 7500 ft
(Above Ground Level)
kiska

(Zone 3b)

December 22, 2009
3:25 PM

Post #7390512

Good morning everyone~have spent my time enjoying the photos and comments. Here in Yelm, WA, it's 37*F,, not yet sunup.
Belated "Happy Birthday, Rusty">

Thumbnail by kiska

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

December 22, 2009
3:25 PM

Post #7390513

Today, Rustie's her first sore left hind foot! Somehow, Rusty and Rustie was playing then she came up to Rusty then she chase him and got her foot slip down to the step and she start to whine hurt yipe! So, I pick her up and check on her hind foot which not broken just muscle sore so she goes under the blanket and keep warm for now and I keep eye on her...

Thumbnail by JuJu55

kiska

(Zone 3b)

December 22, 2009
3:26 PM

Post #7390517

Crossed~
Wonderful news, Adina~;
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

December 22, 2009
3:29 PM

Post #7390526

CONGRATULATIONS Adina and of course to Andreea!

Great LumberJackie Shot!

Snowing steadily for the last 3 hours.
NO accumulation... 34

Ric

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

December 22, 2009
3:39 PM

Post #7390549

Thanks for my b-day!

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

December 22, 2009
4:55 PM

Post #7390735

KellI; I enjoyed the photos from Sea World.
Rusty: I hope little Rustie's foot is all better now.
Adina: congratulations on the boy--any names picked out yet? Isn't it amazing to be able to see that little one "in utero"?
Jackie: did you fell that log you are sitting on? LOL

Today our high is supposed to be around 60F--unseasonable warm. However, it is cloudty and we are expecting rain beginning tonight--30% chance with a low of 50*F. Tomorrow the high is to be 60*F and 100% chance of rain. Tomorrow night's low should be around 55*F--again unseasonably warm and the high on Thursday to be also 55*F with more rain. Christmas day will be cooler--in the 40's. No snow expected due to the warm temps.

I'm leaving tonight to drive up to my daughter's house in Harrison, Ar. My oldest grandson--her son-- will be going with me. Actually, he will be doing the driving and we will be leaving after he gets off work. Our family get-together will be late Christmas Eve afternoon. My grandson and I will be returning late Christmas Eve night.
I wish all of you a blessed time with each of your families this Christmas season!
Merry Christmas everyone!

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

December 22, 2009
5:37 PM

Post #7390891

Have a good time, Mau!!!

Yippee, a boy!!!

26.3 F with 35 for the high. It's snowing.
Overcast
Humidity: 90%
Wind Gust: 3.0 mph
Pressure: 29.77 in (Steady)
Clouds: Overcast 400 ft
(Above Ground Level)

Thumbnail by kwanjin

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

December 22, 2009
6:31 PM

Post #7391034

Have a safe trip Mau!!!!

We'll head up Thursday morning but be back early.
Seems we FINALLY convinced them to have an early Christmas Eve Dinner.
W/ everyone going to church or working we rarely ate before 8PM and usually didn't get home until about midnight.
This time it's a 1:30 meal... so we should be home by 7 at the latest.
We're doing a spaghetti dinner here Christmas Day.

We had about an hour of light rain now it's all moved out of the area.

Kelli thanks for posting that picture of Mike Holmgren. lol!
Guess he won't be at the zoo much any more... he's working for Cleveland now!

Ric
Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 22, 2009
7:27 PM

Post #7391170

Ric, does Cleveland have a Sea World, too?? LOLOL (Yes, I know who Mike Holmgren is!)

The girls were oooing and aaaahing (and giggling, too) over the walrus photo, Kelli. :-)

Adina, how exciting!! :-)

That's a great photo of you, Jackie!

It's warm and drizzly here. The bunnies and I are about to go shopping for presents for Daddy and for groceries for the rest of the week. I'm not sure what we're going to eat for Christmas... My oven is mostly dead, so maybe I'll do crockpot lasagna.

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 12:53pm CST (31 min ago)
Temperature 69 F 21 C
Dew Point 62 F 17 C
Humidity 78%
Pressure 29.95 in 1014.3 mb
Wind Speed 14 MPH 12 kts
Wind Dir S 170
Ceiling 2500 ft 762 m
Visibility 9 mi 14.5 km
Current Conditions Light Rain
Remarks Trace precipitation last hour.
6 hour min temperature ending 11:53am CST : 57.0F / 13.9C

Rest of today Mostly cloudy with isolated showers. Highs in the lower 70s. South winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 20 percent.
Tonight Cloudy. A chance of showers in the evening, then a chance of showers and isolated thunderstorms after midnight. Patchy fog after midnight. Warmer. Lows in the lower 60s. South winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 30 percent.
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

December 22, 2009

Post #7391193

LOL, Ric!

My mom said the Sea World in Ohio has closed down. Can't make ends meet because it can't stay open all year, I guess. We used to go there when I was a kid. That was my first experience with tide pools. They had a tide pool touch tank that I loved. I never really thought about where tide pools were in real life, but I knew there were none in Florida. When I moved out here, I found real tide pools, and even though I was an adult by then, it still was beyond cool.
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

December 22, 2009
8:27 PM

Post #7391287

LOL!
Yep and they no longer have them at the Cincy Zoo...
That's OK he can go across the river to the Newport Aquarium.
He'd look cool in the Shark Tube!
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

December 22, 2009
10:36 PM

Post #7391567

Congratulations, Adina and family!

The kid next door is home from college. He's been playing the stereo outside all afternoon. Hopefully this won't go on every day for the next two weeks.

Updated: 1:51 PM PST on December 22, 2009
56 F
Partly Cloudy
Humidity: 20%
Dew Point: 15 F
Wind: 17 mph from the North
Wind Gust: 30 mph

This is a building in San Diego that I liked. It's some kind of county building.

This message was edited Dec 22, 2009 2:37 PM

Thumbnail by Kelli

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

December 22, 2009
11:40 PM

Post #7391717

I don't have a clue who Mike Holmgren is so I guess that makes me "clueless in Cabot"~~ LOL

My grandson will be picking me up around 7 p.m. for the drive to his mom's house (my daughter). It just started raining here but my daughter just told me by phone that they aren't expecting any rain until tomorrow so hopefully we won't have to drive up the mountain in the rain. In any case, my grandson, who is 24, will be driving and he is a careful driver who obeys the speed limit (at least when I am with him) :o))
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

December 23, 2009
1:52 AM

Post #7392001

High of 47 and sunny this morning but clouds quickly rolled in and took place. Have rain coming in tomorrow which will stay til sometime Thursday when it should change over to snow. West and Northwest of us have all kinds of warnings out for blizzards and other weather advisories. If you have to go west of me you might want to stay home. lol
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

December 23, 2009
2:38 AM

Post #7392092

Hope you are well on your way Mau.
Happy Driving and Stay Safe.

All the Christmas shopping is done.
Cookies are being baked.
I'll do a few more banana breads tomorrow.
And a garlic bread... we're done! LOL!

37 here... maybe 40 tomorrow.
Looks like near 50 for Thurs-Fri... rain.

Ric

This message was edited Dec 22, 2009 9:54 PM
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

December 23, 2009
2:48 AM

Post #7392115

Are you sure the banana bread can't handle shipping to here? LOL
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

December 23, 2009
2:55 AM

Post #7392134

LOL!
Maybe after the Holidays I'll give it a shot Pep!

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

December 23, 2009

Post #7392160

Christmas is at my niece's this year. She's doing all the work, so, all we have to do is show up and eat. Two things I'm really good at. LOL
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

December 23, 2009
4:44 AM

Post #7392372

LOL!

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

December 23, 2009
4:46 AM

Post #7392378

:-)

Thumbnail by kwanjin

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

December 23, 2009
4:47 AM

Post #7392381

Buddha looks very patient, as a buddha should.

Look at this. We have a wind chill.

Updated: 7:51 PM PST on December 22, 2009
48 F
Partly Cloudy
Windchill: 39 F
Humidity: 36%
Dew Point: 22 F
Wind: 32 mph from the North
Wind Gust: 40 mph

while I'm here, some more San Diego pictures
These are from the Maritime Museum

This is the ferry Berkley. It was used up at San Francisco for over 50 years.

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

December 23, 2009
4:48 AM

Post #7392385

It kind of looks like a church

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

December 23, 2009
4:49 AM

Post #7392389

stained glass windows

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

December 23, 2009
4:50 AM

Post #7392396

I get the impression that back in the day, people expected things to be beautiful as well as functional

Thumbnail by Kelli

rannveig

(Zone 5a)

December 23, 2009
12:34 PM

Post #7392675

Hi everyone!

Sorry I don't have time to comment ... I'm waaaaayyy behind schedule so today will be a mad race to the finish line.

Here's our weather courtesy of the weather channel:

25F, feels like 10F. Cloudy, ENE winds at 15-25 mph. 40% chance of snow showers ... our weather service has snow in the forecast too so there's still a chance of some of the white stuff before Christmas! :-) I wouldn't mind if it held off until late tonight ... I was late getting the Christmas cards in the mail so I have to deliver them myself, the recipients are scattered all over the greater Reykjavik area so it'll take a while! lol 3 I'll have to drop off in the mail though ... might have to wait until after Christmas not sure I'll have time to do it today.

Have a good day!

Rann

ps. today's troll is Kjetkrkur ... he went straight for the good stuff, the smoked lamb, which is our traditional Christmas dinner meat. Usually served on Christmas day now.

Thumbnail by rannveig

rannveig

(Zone 5a)

December 23, 2009
12:39 PM

Post #7392680

Here's yesterday's troll (nr. 11): Gttaefur. He has an enormous nose and with it he can smell his favorite, "leaf bread" from miles away. The "leaf bread" is a traditonal pastry that's essential with the smoked lamb ... thin wheat cakes, decorated with a traditional "leaf" pattern and deep fried. I was planning to make some from scratch, but didn't have the time so we're having storebought this year ...

Almost 2 hours behind schedule so I better get cracking ...

Rann

Thumbnail by rannveig

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

December 23, 2009
1:33 PM

Post #7392765

It raining now and 54* mild day...

I have a hard time to call dog's name which is word same name so I name her JuJu so she did come to me and other name is Rustie, she won't come cause Rusty is name he come to me so Rustie got new name now JuJu... (Sound crazy! Like woman who JuJu work GMA archor it sound good name for my pup! lol...) So, JuJu get along very good as yesterday I check JuJu's foot which is her toenail got hurt I notice her nail crack so she live! lol... She happy with me for new name!

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

December 23, 2009
2:14 PM

Post #7392879

I love JuJu's new name! It's very cute and so is she.

Hope you catch up! Thanks for taking a moment to catch US up on the trolls.

28.4 F with 29 for the high. It snowed yesterday about 3".
Light Snow
Windchill: 28 F
Humidity: 82%
Wind Gust: 5.0 mph
Pressure: 30.10 in (Rising)
Clouds: Mostly Cloudy 3600 ft
Overcast 5500 ft
(Above Ground Level)

From last year.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

December 23, 2009
2:30 PM

Post #7392912

Rann thanks for taking the time from your busy schedule to update us on the Trolls.
Hope you get caught up today.
Sorry about the Laufabrau I know that's a Family tradition.
Oh well there's always next year... or maybe a New Years treat?

For those of you not here last year heres a link.
http://jol.ismennt.is/english/laufabraud-joe.htm

Celia I still love that shot.
They look like two old men on a park bench talking about the weather...

Gray and 36 here Winds ENE 5 MPH.
We'll be around 40 today and tomorrow.
Rain and 44 for Christmas.
No sun till Monday at the earliest.
It does appear next week will be Sunny though.

Ric

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

December 23, 2009
2:35 PM

Post #7392933

"Yes, sir. Reminds of the time back in aught 5 when it snowed two feet in a single day."
"That was '04, ya old fool."
"Naw, was '05..."
"It was '04! I remember because the Boss and the Boss's husband said..."
"Awww, you don't know nothing!"

Thumbnail by kwanjin

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

December 23, 2009
2:47 PM

Post #7392973

LOL! Yep that's it exactly!
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

December 23, 2009
3:32 PM

Post #7393086

Hi everyone!!! I unfortunately don't have time to catch up so I'm waving at everyone!

54.3 F
Overcast
Humidity: 94%
Dew Point: 52 F
Wind: 3.1 mph from the SSE
Wind Gust: 3.6 mph
Pressure: 29.85 in (Rising)
Clouds:
Overcast 900 ft
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 583 ft

Today
Showers and isolated thunderstorms. Highs in the mid 60s. Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph. The chance of precipitation near 100 percent. Average rainfall 1/2 to 1 inch.

Tonight
Breezy. Showers and thunderstorms. Locally heavy rainfall possible. Lows in the lower 50s. Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph in the evening...increasing to 15 to 20 mph after midnight. The chance of precipitation near 100 percent. Average rainfall 2 to 3 inches.

http://vortex.accuweather.com/adc2004/pub/includes/columns/topheadline/2009/newse122309.jpg
Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 23, 2009
4:46 PM

Post #7393226

Good morning, everyone! :-)

The ferry photos do look like a church, Kelli!

LOL at the cats' captions, Celia!

JuJu is a great name, Rusty. :-)

Hang in there, Rann!

Marilyn, Mike Holmgren was a football coach for several different teams. He just became the president of the Cleveland Browns. I think he'd be a better coach than an office guy (the office thing didn't seem to work out for him in Seattle), but what do I know?

It's warm and windy here right now, but the chilly front is moving through this afternoon - which just means we will be slightly less warm and really wet for the rest of the day.

Kelli has a windchill and we have a heat index. LOL

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 10:27am CST (3 min ago)
Temperature 72 F 22 C
Dew Point 64 F 18 C
Humidity 78%
Pressure 29.80 in 1009 mb
Wind Speed 21 MPH
G 28 18 kts
G 24
Wind Dir SSE 160
Ceiling 4300 ft 1311 m
Visibility 10 mi 16.1 km
Heat Index 76 F 24 C
Current Conditions Cloudy
6 hour min temperature ending 5:53am CST : 64.0F / 17.8C

Today Cloudy. A chance of showers and thunderstorms in the morning, then showers likely and isolated thunderstorms in the afternoon. Some thunderstorms may be severe in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 70s. South winds 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 50 percent in the morning increasing to 60 percent in the afternoon.
Tonight Showers and thunderstorms. Some thunderstorms may be severe. Cooler. Lows in the lower 50s. Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 80 percent.
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

December 23, 2009
4:57 PM

Post #7393257

Well it's 37 outside but the Sun is actually peaking thru at times.
I just went out cleaned the yard and pulled some leaves out of the pond.

The Gas guys will be here Tues AM to change over our lines.
I had the main man show me where they will be digging.
This weekend I'll go out and lift the plants in that area.
It's basically ferns and Hosta there so this is a good time to be pulling them anyway.
Plus they are shallow rooted ... I figure on pulling 1' square pieces out and stacking them.
Once they are done... a few hours supposedly... I can just plop them back in...

My baking is done.
The last banana breads should be coming out in a few minutes.

Ric
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

December 23, 2009
5:23 PM

Post #7393316

We had an uneventful trip up the mountain last night except for seeing several deer along the road--all of which refrained from jumping out in front of us--thank goodness! My grandson had a deer to jump out in front of his Mustang one morning early a couple of months ago and the result was several thousands of dollars of damage to his vehicle. Ever since then, my grandson is really leery of any deer he says alongside the road--it makes him really nervous. We were in my car, which is larger than his Mustang but still, any collision with a deer could do a lot of damage.
Ric: spaghetti for Christmas dinner--now there's a new tradition! LOL We will be having chicken marsala at my house on Christmas evening so I suppose that is not too different from spaghetti :o))
Kelli: You have a wind chill? Amazing! I'm enjoying the photos of the ferry--it does look like a church. Imagine expecting things to be beautiful as well as functional--what a concept! *grin*
Celia: Isis and Monty haven't changed--still as regal as ever Funny captions, indeed!
Rann: the trolls' behavior hasn't improved, has it--stealing the smoked lamb and the leaf bread!! Shame on them!
Rusty: I love JuJu's new name--had to laugh when I read that! I am sure JuJu Chang would be honored to know that you named your pup after her. :o))
Marylyn: thanks for filling me in about Mike Holmgren--now I don't feel "out of the loop" but I'm sure that won't last long since I don't keep up with sports of any kind--except for the occasional ice skating show on tv. :o))
Crissy: waving back at'cha~~~~~~~~~~~

My grandson, granddaughter, daughter and I are heading to Branson, MO (about 45 minutes from here) to do some last minute shopping--mine is all done, I'm just going along for the fun of it. It's sort of a tradition with my daughter--she loves waiting till the 23rd of Dec. every year and then doing it all in one day! (I thought I raised her better than that! LOL)

Harrison, AR forecast--pretty much the same as Crissy's except for the temp and the elevation.
52.5 F
Light Rain
Humidity: 96%
Dew Point: 51 F
Wind: 3.0 mph from the SE
Wind Gust: 13.0 mph
Pressure: 30.11 in (Falling)
Clouds:
Few 300 ft
Mostly Cloudy 2400 ft
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 1459 ft
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

December 23, 2009
5:24 PM

Post #7393318

Ric: we crossed. Banana bread--yumm!

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

December 23, 2009
5:26 PM

Post #7393324

Hi everyone and thanks for your kind words!
Sorry I can't comment now, I just finished another article and I have to do the cabbage rolls at home tonight. I'm having a day off tomorrow, but will be working on Saturday again.

My DD thought of calling the baby Nicholas for now. Will see if this will be the name.The due date is June 1st.
It's getting warmer here, 33F, the snow is melting. Not so good for the view on Christmas day, but good for us drivers.
Here are some pics of the scan, I hope you can figure out what it shows!LOL
Take care everyone.
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

December 23, 2009

Post #7393328

Another one.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

December 23, 2009

Post #7393331

The last .

Thumbnail by adinamiti

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

December 23, 2009
5:32 PM

Post #7393350

baby pics!!! LOL Thanks, Adina. Figured it out just fine.
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

December 23, 2009
8:26 PM

Post #7393739

43 (Wind Chill 37) a HEAT WAVE! LOL!

Adina I don't see the Family resemblance... :-)

Well I finally had time to break out the camera we bought about 18 months ago...lol!
We bought it primarily to move the 100 or so 8MM and HI 8MM tapes we've made over the years over to DVD.
It will take a while and I for sure need an adapter or two.
I'm hoping to finally be able to show you some of the zoo tapes we've made.
Plus somewhere we have a cool video of running through a sand storm on the way to San Diego.
Shot in the 'Kelli' style thru the windshield it's pretty scary.
Also a tape at the SD Zoo shot from the Chair Lift...
But as I say it will be a while and I'm sure I'll need to pick a few brains here.

Baking is DONE!
Ric

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

December 23, 2009
9:56 PM

Post #7393914

Merry Christmas to Everyones!

Thumbnail by JuJu55

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

December 23, 2009
11:54 PM

Post #7394149

Windy again today. Maybe there will be a wind chill after dark.

Updated: 2:51 PM PST on December 23, 2009
65 F
Clear
Humidity: 16%
Dew Point: 17 F
Wind: 16 mph from the North
Wind Gust: 23 mph

Today we went to Descanso Gardens. In the past they did some decorating for Christmas but this year they did very little. DH was sorely disappointed. However, we did see a deer. We rarely see them with antlers.

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

December 23, 2009
11:55 PM

Post #7394152

The camellias are starting to bloom.

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

December 24, 2009
12:04 AM

Post #7394166

I think I like the spotted ones best

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

December 24, 2009
12:25 AM

Post #7394218

The wind had the ash and dust from last summer's fire all stirred up. It looked really bad in certain areas. At Descanso, it smelled like smoke a little. This flower has a little bit of ash on it.

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

December 24, 2009
12:27 AM

Post #7394222

I am not downwind from that area so at my end of the valley, the air is clear and dry and the details of the mountains really stand out. If you've ever been to the desert, you know what I mean. (no picture of that)

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

December 24, 2009
12:27 AM

Post #7394225

last one

Thumbnail by Kelli

Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 24, 2009

Post #7394468

WATCH THAT DOGGY DOOR

Could you imagine coming home from work

to find this tiny creature napping on your

couch with your dog?

Guess who came home for dinner?

It followed this beagle home, right through

the doggy door. This happened in Maryland

recently. The owner came home to find the

visitor had made himself right at home.

This hit the 6 o'clock news big time.

Send this to all your

animal lovers and

give them a big smile.

Thumbnail by Dyson

Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 24, 2009

Post #7394471

and

Thumbnail by Dyson

Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 24, 2009
2:11 AM

Post #7394500

Awww... How sweet! :-)
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

December 24, 2009
2:27 AM

Post #7394532

Warm and raining all day. High of around 50. Now low 40s and foggy in areas.

Tomorrow morning our high will be in the 40s and rainy. Sometime in the afternoon temps will be dropping fast and should be in the 20s in no time. Rain will become sleet then snow. I've heard we can expect 3 inches at most and over 5 inches by the time the system rolls thru. Will have to wait and see.
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

December 24, 2009
3:20 AM

Post #7394668

Merry Christmas Rusty!
Pretty Tree!

Thanks Dyson!

Thanks for the Descanso pics Kelli!

Winding down here.
Everything is baked/cooked.
Packages are wrapped.
We load in the morning and head out about 10 AM... Hopefully... LOL!

Ric

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 24, 2009
4:17 AM

Post #7394804

East wind 15MPH
Snowing. 3" since 5PM

We are ready! Have no where to go & lots of food on hand.

We will be working in the cabinet shop full time now. We got the ladies little house project done this morning.
Working on 2 cabinets for one lady. A small kitchen for a basement rec room. A set of new doors for existing cabinets. The doors go in a 70's house. The cabinets are well constructed, but have hideous doors. This is about the 5th or 6th house we have worked on with the same deal. What was with cabinet makers back then ?

Bernie
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

December 24, 2009
4:18 AM

Post #7394806

JuJu, that's way cute Rusty!

Rain rain rain and more rain. Arkansas now has the most rainfall for the year ever recorded in history, I'll take that over tornadoes any day!

Kelli is that a 4 point I see there?

LOL Dyson, that's too cute!

Marilyn I know you will but I have to say it anyway, please please please be careful driving home, this is one nasty storm.

I used to have 14 Camilia bushes in CA, they were my grandmother's prizes for winning quilting contests. I had the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and maybe the 4th one. The spotted were always my favorite too.

There's a tornado warning in south west AR, actually I think there are two of them now. Praying everyone makes it ok and I think it's too cold here for tornadoes, it's 54* outside.
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

December 24, 2009
4:22 AM

Post #7394820

LOL Bernie! What was with the coloring too?
Early_Bloomer
Springboro, PA
(Zone 5a)

December 24, 2009
7:29 AM

Post #7395199

I want to wish all of my friends here on Dave's Garden a wonderful Christmas and a safe, happy and productive New Year.

early_bloomer

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

December 24, 2009
12:08 PM

Post #7395331

Good Morning! :D I finally got my computer back!

I want to wish everyone a Blessed Christmas & a Terrific New Year!

(not mine)

Thumbnail by music2keep

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

December 24, 2009
12:20 PM

Post #7395346

There's no way to possibly catch up...but now you can't keep me off! :D
We will have our 1st white Christmas in...I can't tell you how long! And we've Never had this much snow! We got 15" last Friday night & will keep it until it rains on Saturday.

E_B, Love the reflection in your garden! :D

Your JW fix...

Thumbnail by music2keep

rannveig

(Zone 5a)

December 24, 2009
12:34 PM

Post #7395372

Good morning!

Calmer today finally and still very cold. 27F, feels like 17F. Wind ENE 10 - 20 mph ... seems calmer looking out the window but we're pretty sheltered here. Partly cloudy. There's a big storm forecast tonight for the northern part of the country ... blizzard warning for the mountain roads, but we should be in the clear here in the SW.

I stayed up until 5 am ... didn't sleep well at all, Hildur Eva woke up just before 9. It took me ages to fall asleep again, but I think I managed to get at least an hour more sleep ... still I'm pretty tired. All the important stuff is ready ... just have to vacume and wash the floors and cook tonight's dinner. It's the same thing every year ... very strong traditions here. Smoked pork on Christmas Eve ... the traditional smoked lamb on Christmas day with "laufabrau" (thanks for the link Ric!). I'm making lobster soup for starters tonight and pinapple fromage for desert (already made). Lunch is also set ... we have rice pudding with an almond hidden in one of the bowls ... whoever gets it gets the almond price. Served with canned strawberries or Cherry sause and cinnamon sugar. Makes the wait until Christmas arrives at 6 pm sharp a tiny bit easier for the girls. Christmas Eve is the longest day of the year if you're a kid here ... for the grown ups it flies by! lol The girls will be getting pretty big presents this year ... I felt a need to compensate for all the misery going on. Since I could (I still have a bit left of my savings), I decided to be pretty generous with their presents. I've cut down elsewhere instead. Your generous gift made it easier for me to give them what they'd wished for :-) Thank you again. With their dad here tonight I hope it will be a happy night for them.

I wish you all a very Merry Christmas! Hope you enjoy the festivities with your families!

Big hugs to you all!

Rann

Thumbnail by rannveig

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

December 24, 2009
12:43 PM

Post #7395381

Wow! I remember baby deer few years ago... It's was male and feed with milk then took deer to Florida for zoo...

I love camellias I have grew some in California, too! And I have now red camellia just buds ready to bloom very slowly this winter...

JuJu get off the deck's stair and try to get back up to the stair and sit there until I came out and check on her lol she couldn't get up there... She get good now...Poor Rusty get little bit cranky! lol... Only play outside not inside get not enough room to roam around...

It's now raining then later on will be winter advisory afternoon...

FlipFlops
Brunswick , GA
(Zone 9a)

December 24, 2009
1:45 PM

Post #7395502

Can't possibly keep up with y'all at this time. But I want to wish each of you and your families a very Merry Christmas and a healthy, happy New Year. We are leaving for Virginia early Christmas morning to spend our holiday with our DD and her family. Also our mothers live in VA with our sisters. Will catch up later!!!!!

Suppose to be 72 here on Christmas but we will be heading north brrrrrrr! brrrrrr!
Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 24, 2009
1:52 PM

Post #7395521

It is going to be on the cool side, but not too painful:

Edited to say: From the intellicast web site.

This message was edited Dec 24, 2009 9:03 AM

Thumbnail by Dyson

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

December 24, 2009
2:30 PM

Post #7395629

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all of You!
Just wanted to say that for all of you who will be logging off and traveling.

I'll be traveling soon but back here by evening.

Rann that is a PERFECT Portrait of the young ladies!
Tell them a Merry Christmas from Robyn and I please.

e-b I love that shot!

Grey, Cloudy and 36 here.
We'll see middle 40's... low 40's where we're going.

Ric

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

December 24, 2009
2:33 PM

Post #7395638

Here's the new in Joplin come true for Christmas Day:

http://www.joplinglobe.com/local/local_story_357201903.html

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of you!

Rusty56, Rusty and JuJu

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 24, 2009
2:50 PM

Post #7395678

Cloudy.
Bright.
All is snow covered. 5" overnight.
Looking out our front door this morning.

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

December 24, 2009
3:36 PM

Post #7395775

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

Rain Rain and more Rain! It's been tornadoing all night in SE Texas and Texarkana, then it moved into Louisiana and southern Arkansas, and it's still raining here. Arkansas now has the most rainfall ever recorded in history, it broke record last night around 6pm and the radar has been yellow and red all night long, so we're going be way over the record by the time this is over. I-30 is closed in places too because it's flooded, I couldn't get to work if I had to today! There is the strangest sounding thunder out there right now...

Rann your girls are so gorgeous! They are going to be delighted to have their dad there with them today.

Rusty thanks for posting that link, now I know what's going on in Joplin where my dad lives!

Thumbnail by crissyr

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

December 24, 2009
6:08 PM

Post #7396102

Merry Christmas to all !Have a wonderful Christmas with your family!

Ric, you are too funny! I sure hope to see the family resemblance when he will be born!LOL
Joey, great you are back! What did little JW ask from Santa to bring him?
Kelli, wow, such wonderful blooms! So nice to see other colors than white!LOL
Rann, same tradition here of having a clean house and lots of meals to cook! I'm so happy you and the girls will have a wonderful Christmas. What a lovely picture of the girls!
E_B, what an awesome picture! Thanks for the wishes, same for you and your family!
Dyson, that story and pics are too cute, thanks for sharing!
Flips, have a safe drive and a great time with your family!

It's getting warm here, up to 42 and the snow is melting, but still enough to have a white Christmas. The tree is up and the presents are waiting to be wrapped up. This will be tomorrow morning for us, not on Christmas Eve like you in US. My cabbage rolls are in the oven, sausages are in the fridge and the pork roast is waiting to get in the oven.
Happy Holidays everyone from me and my family! My DD has a seasonal PJ!LOL
Hugs,
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

December 24, 2009
6:46 PM

Post #7396170

27 and the sun came out!

I have the "can't catch up" syndrome some seem to have today! LOL

Happy Holidays to all!!!

Thumbnail by kwanjin

Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 24, 2009
7:42 PM

Post #7396277

Everyone stay safe warm and dry - this is the first "White Christmas" I have seen in many a moon.

Best to all.

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

December 24, 2009
11:41 PM

Post #7396720

Final it came now... JuJu and Rusty went outside for that and it freezing rain and snow 30*...

Thumbnail by JuJu55

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

December 24, 2009
11:44 PM

Post #7396727

JuJu's first slippery deck! lol...

Thumbnail by JuJu55

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

December 24, 2009
11:45 PM

Post #7396729

Crissy, that is neat about the camillias. I've never tried them. For a long time I thought that it might be too hot at my house, but that isn't true. Now I don't know where I'd put one.

Adina - Hello Kitty slippers, LOL

Joey, JW must be all wound up by now. (circa 7PM your time)

I doubt there was ever a white Christmas here, but growing up we rarely ever had one anyways, so that isn't important to me.

No wind today. We'll probably get frost overnight - not a freeze, just frost.

Updated: 2:51 PM PST on December 24, 2009
69 F
Clear
Humidity: 21%
Dew Point: 27 F
Wind: 6 mph from the ESE

Merry Christmas everyone!

Thumbnail by Kelli

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

December 25, 2009
2:58 AM

Post #7396954

It's well below freezing here, very windy, and we have a thick layer of ice on the ground and are expecting anywhere from 3 to 10 inches of snow. Blizzard warnings for Jackson county which is where KC is and winter storm warnings for my county which is the next one to the east.

I've locked my hubs and covered my mirrors on my truck. My truck is the only vehicle that will be able to get around for awhile. My mom's Escape is 2WD and does well in bad conditions but we try not to push our luck with it. My dad didn't bring the big truck home so he's stuck with his little 2WD Ranger which we found out last winter won't drive on ice. lol. Lots of ballerina moves instead.

Everyone who's getting hit by the storm stay safe and warm!!!
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

December 25, 2009
4:38 AM

Post #7397126

Stay Safe those of you in the 'Zone'!

Merry Christmas to ALL!

Nice dry mellow drive up and back.
We got back about 8:30.
Rain started about 11... we'll be getting 1/2-1" by morning.
No snow as it's 48...lol!

Our son snuck in from Des Moines and surprised us up in Dayton.
He then called everyone coming and wished them a Merry Christmas and sorry he couldn't make it in to town.
Needless to say he got smacked around a lot when they finally saw him...
He's staying here tonight and at his buddy's house tomorrow night.

Ric
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

December 25, 2009
12:18 PM

Post #7397395

Good Morning, everyone! MERRY CHRISTMAS to all of you! I hope you all have or already are having or, if you live in Iceland, have had a wonderful day with your family and friends.
Dyson: nice photos of the fawn with the dog. :o))
Kelli: enjoying the pictures of the flowers--makes it feel like spring!
Rusty: nice tree!
Lovely photos, EB and Joey! Awww, JW is as cute as ever, Joey! Glad you got your computer back!
Adina: your DD has cute house shoes! LOL
Ric: how nice that your son was able to make it home for Christmas!
My grandson and I made it back from my daughter's house safe and sound last night. We drove through some pretty heavy rain and changed our route home so we wouldn't get caught with water across the road in lower lying areas. By the time we got to within 50 miles of my house, the rain had stopped completely, thank goodness! We didn't encounter any water over roads anywhere. The wind started blowing pretty hard later in the evening and it is still blowing. No precipitation, though, in my area. It was 24*F on my back porch at 5:30 a.m.

We had a lovely get-together at my daughter's house yesterday. We had our dinner around 1 p.m. because everyone had to be at relatives' homes on "the other side" of the family either today or later in the evening yesterday. In addition to Christmas, we celebrated my birthday (Dec. 8th) and my great-grandson's birthday (Dec. 23). This was the cake which my daughter had made for us--LOL Well, the outside was for Ethan, who turned 7 yrs. old, but the inside was for me--it was chocolate!

Thumbnail by marsue

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

December 25, 2009
12:23 PM

Post #7397402

This is me with my 3 great-grandkids, Ethan, Eli, and Ella--ages 7, 5, and 3. (Ella recently got bit on the face by a dog but fortunately no permanent damage has been done.)

Thumbnail by marsue

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

December 25, 2009
12:24 PM

Post #7397405

and this is me with my DD, Michelle

Thumbnail by marsue

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

December 25, 2009
12:40 PM

Post #7397422

Merry Christmas everyone! Quiet day here...it was just about time!LOL My kids have been at a club last night, but they came back home at 3 a.m. because DD was sleepy...ha, ha! She will have to get used to sleep at nights!LOL
We wrapped up the presents when all got up, then ate a Christmas breakfast. Now DH and the kids are sleeping again and I'm watching "Hitch"...very good movie!

Kelli, what a gorgeous flower bed ...poinsettias and snapdragons, so unusual for me! I'll have to take some pics of my poinsettias today. Thanks for saying Hello to the Kitty slippers!LOL Andreea has all kinds of stuff with the Kitty, even a lighter which she gave to me...so cute!
Ric, glad you make it home safe. Funny about your DS!LOL
Pepper, take care with that storm!
Rusty, Juju is a pretty name too! She is so cute!
Celia, love those decorations!
Here's my DD with the new cap Santa brought her.
Have a great day everyone!
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

December 25, 2009
12:45 PM

Post #7397431

White Christmas Day!

Rusty and JuJu playing each together in 3" snow on deck 18*...

Rusty's 3 yrs. of snow...

JuJu's first snow touch! lol...

This message was edited Dec 25, 2009 6:47 AM

Thumbnail by JuJu55

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

December 25, 2009
12:56 PM

Post #7397440

Good Morning! MERRY CHRISTMAS
The wind is blowing nicely & no ice! just a little rain. We're in the 2 counties that didn't get the freezing rain. :D And yes, there's plenty of snow on the ground. I need to get my camera out of the car so I can show you snow pics. We haven't had a good snow like this in years, let alone at Christmas...when I was little!
Mau, thanks, glad you made it home safely & had loads of fun to boot! :D Shoot! I hate that I missed your birthday! Happy belated Birthday! I think I missed a couple more of my peeps b'days, too. :(
Ric, What a very nice surprise! I think I would have slapped him on the back a few times, myself! (hehe)
Kelli, JW has been something else. They did Christmas out at his great grandma's yesterday...Emily couldn't get him to go to sleep until about 10:00pm last night. Every body will be here about noon. Garrett has to work at the farm today, but gets a 2 hour lunch break. Then it's party time! :D I LOVE your Poinsetta's! Wow!
Pepper, please take care. I've been following your weather...a humdinger so far. Stay safe!
Dyson, Glad that you are having the White Christmas, too! :D Kinda like having Christmas in February! ;)
Adina! Love the baby pics! :D I know you are so excited! :D JW, sat on Santas lap last week (for a few seconds), but he did manage to blurt out that he wanted "Thomas the train". The child is 'toy-poor' LOL!

Well, I need to finish up the lunch. Have a GREAT CHRISTMAS DAY!
Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 25, 2009
2:00 PM

Post #7397516

I took the liberty to start a new thread.
Here it is;
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1064903/
Bernie
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

December 25, 2009
2:20 PM

Post #7397546

Merry Christmas, un Crăciun fericit, gleileg jl and hyv joulua!
Hope those were right...lol!

Well at 48 obviously we aren't having a White Christmas...

Mau and Adina lovely Family shots!

Rusty I love seeing first snow Pet pictures!
JuJu looks VERY confused...

Joey lovely!
Glad you got a White Christmas and no Ice!!

We'll be doing a small early dinner here.
Just chicken breast sandwiches and leftovers.
Our Son Mat took off to see his buddies around town.
He'll do a major dinner at his girl friend's house this evening.
There return plans are up in the air.
Sometime tomorrow... but they are going to time it so they miss the worst weather.
It's about a 9 hour drive.
Des Moines is getting hit hard by another Winter Storm today but it should have moved out by tomorrow.

Well off to get some of the Christmas Prep mess cleaned up...

Ric

This message was edited Dec 25, 2009 9:21 AM

Thumbnail by henryr10

rannveig

(Zone 5a)

December 26, 2009
12:54 AM

Post #7398333

Good afternoon and Merry Christmas!

I wrote this earlier today ... forgot to hit the send button ;-) lol

We slept in today ... past noon in my case ... it's 4:30 and I'm still in my pyjamas! lol A lazy day of R&R, just the way I like it :-) Last night was great ... the girls were happy and everything went well. They stayed up til almost 3 am playing with their presents ... an overdose of excitement and food. Got everything they'd wished for and then some ... Selma was pretty high strung and had a few meltdowns ... she'd been so worried everything would go wrong ... but it didn't :-) I managed to get the house in shape for the most part ...at least where it mattered.

We had a semi-white Christmas ... a dusting of snow on the ground, not enough to cover everything, but still enough to brighten things a bit. Our current weather curtesy of the weather channel: 34F/ 1C, feels like 25F/ - 4C. Mostly clear skies, wind ENE at 13 mph /21km/h / 6 m/s, humidity 44%, Sunrise was at 11:23 am, sunset at 3:33.

Hope you all are having a great day with your families! :-)

The girls got to open the first present between courses ...

Hugs,

Rann

Thumbnail by rannveig

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

December 26, 2009
1:59 AM

Post #7398430

That's WONDERFUL Rann!
Glad everything worked out for the good.
The Girls certainly look Happy!
This was the tough Holiday and you can finally relax... you deserve the R&R... enjoy!
Now that Selma knows how well Christmas went she can carry a lot more confidence into the rest of the coming year... gives you a good... "I told you it would be alright" ... ;-)

We spent a good portion of the day getting the 'Battle Zone' cleaned and arranged for our Family Dinner.
Our Sons came over about 3 PM and stayed till about 7.
We had Stir Fried Chicken Sandwiches, I made Kaiser Rolls, and a few side dishes.
Nothing fancy.
We did use the newly drywalled Sewing Room as the Dining Room...lol!
Everything was GREAT!

Mat will be heading back to Des Moines w/ his Buddy and Family tomorrow night.
Looks like all the Winter Weather will be over by tomorrow morning out there so it should be smooth sailing.
All the HWY's out there are pretty much closed today...

It was windy here today again but 48!
We even saw a little Sun so we went out on the deck and watched the Fish SLOOWWLLYY swim around in the Pond...LOL!

Ric

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Weather Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Boring Hurricane Boards? Floridian 106 Jul 24, 2011 12:43 PM
Big Feb Storm CountryGardens 54 Mar 3, 2007 2:39 PM
Yipee It's March!! Daily Weather sugarweed 206 Mar 9, 2007 4:58 AM
Deadly Tornado hits Alabama henryr10 22 Mar 5, 2007 5:01 PM
Help!!! Something's eating the moon!!!! Resin 10 Mar 6, 2007 4:42 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America