Photo by Melody

Article: A Della Robbia Centerpiece for Your Holiday Table: Very nice

Communities > Forums > Article: A Della Robbia Centerpiece for Your Holiday Table
bookmark
Forum: Article: A Della Robbia Centerpiece for Your Holiday TableReplies: 3, Views: 11
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

December 17, 2009
5:00 PM

Post #7377198

Wow, never knew the term della Robbia. I have been to Williamsburg and seen the wreaths at Christmas. Thanks for going the extra mile with your detailed instructions and photos.
Another fruit they used was osage oranges. But they are VERY heavy. I don't think they could work in a centerpiece except resting on the table or directly on a sturdy base. They are a fun kind of lime green color and free if you have the trees nearby.

Thumbnail by sallyg
Click the image for an enlarged view.

LarryR
South Amana, IA
(Zone 5a)

December 17, 2009
10:00 PM

Post #7377895

Hi Sally--Thanks for your comments and your mention of osage oranges. Takes me back to when I was a young boy, and the wickedly thorny trees were planted close together in rows to form living fences for cattle. A few survive to this day.

I may just try a della Robbia piece with osage oranges. I'll cut the oranges in half (you only see the front side anyhow) and can still use nails to affix them to the arrangement. Perhaps an understated piece in different shades of green...

Thanks for the idea! Best--Larry☼
foodiesleuth
Honomu, HI
(Zone 11)

December 18, 2009
2:04 AM

Post #7378545

I've always enjoyed de la Robbia style wreaths, swags and centerpieces...Thank you, Larry for your clear instructions!
LarryR
South Amana, IA
(Zone 5a)

December 21, 2009
3:25 AM

Post #7386702

You're welcome, Sonia. Whenever I write an article with instructions on how to do something, I always worry that I may not have been clear enough on this point or that. Thank you for the positive clarity feedback! :-)

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: A Della Robbia Centerpiece for Your Holiday Table Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Neat idea Oberon46 0 Dec 18, 2012 5:27 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America