Photo by Melody

Article: A Gift from the Heart, Across the Miles: HANDS OVER AN OCEAN!

Communities > Forums > Article: A Gift from the Heart, Across the Miles
bookmark
Forum: Article: A Gift from the Heart, Across the MilesReplies: 4, Views: 43
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
NEILMUIR1
London
United Kingdom

December 25, 2009
11:29 AM

Post #7397355

Our Dearest Sharon, our most kindest regards over a cold ocean!
But don't worry our spring will soon be here and the flowers will be in bloom, in mass profusion again! Then our work will show as the daffodils and the tulips arise, to show their splendor.
At the moment my witch hazel is wonderful and the smell is beyond belief in the very cold air, its spidery flowers glinting in the snow, for even in the cold, nature has its own surprises!
Look forward to an English cream tea, you never know what might happen?
Gregg sends his Regards as they will all be over later, so do my parents and lst but not least so do we.
I have treated Sarah's cats to a wonderful Christmas breakfast, so they are indeed most content, at the moment.
Alfie is coming over shortly, so we shall see what he thinks of his jeep toy?
A most Happy Christmas, and indeed a Prosperous New Year, to you
Our Kindest Regards to you and your family, from a cold England.
Neil & Sarah, plus the cats.
p.s. my parents also send their best wishes!
My friend was trapped in a train going to Scotland it was -14F in the train and -22 F in Aberdeen (Scotland), last night which was colder than Alaska.
Although my great Army friend who is in Norway says it it is only - 40 F there which is warm, and the Northern lights have been brilliant. Who needs Christmas lights with them?

gloria125
Greensboro, AL

December 25, 2009
4:16 PM

Post #7397719

Hi Neil. Hi Sharran! What a lovely rose story. I had a similar rose which I gave cuttings for. The one's I gave away are doing great, but the poor original has died!~ Its time to ask some of those children to come back home!

The Northern Lights are one of those things you get homesick for when you live in the South. The Northern Lights, the Fall colors of the leaves in the woods --- and the fog horns on the St. Lawrence River where I lived for a few years in college.

Merry Christmas everyone!
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

December 25, 2009
4:34 PM

Post #7397762

Hi Neil and Gloria,
I came whooshing into Chicago's Union Station at about 11 last night. Amtrak was a fun ride. Seeing Christmas lights through the window of a fast moving train was a bit unusual, it looked as if they were streaks of light all heading south as I headed north. It was a fun and fast trip. But it is so cold and windy here.

Thanks about the Rose story article, it was fun to write.

You all have a happy Christmas, stay well and be safe.
Thanks,
Sharon
Petalpants
Corpus Christi, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 28, 2009
2:16 PM

Post #7403721

Merry Christmas, Sharon! And Happy New Year also, since 2010 seems to want to burst thru before its time! Your Rose article and Ben's story were great separately, but printed as a duo was even more awesome and heartwarming. Thanks for sharing your memories with us. Enjoy your trip, stay warm (if possible!), and have a safe ride back home again. May love, peace, and hope be with you always~
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

December 28, 2009
6:00 PM

Post #7404245

Thanks, petal!
Sure is white here, but beautiful! The snow looks like diamonds twinkling in the sunlight.
Am on my iPhone now, so I'll only wish you a very happy new year!
Be safe and well!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: A Gift from the Heart, Across the Miles Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
HAPPY ROSY HOLIDAY! Soulja 2 Dec 25, 2009 12:34 PM
Lovely! Badseed 3 Dec 25, 2009 1:09 PM
Merry Christmas, Sharon! Potagere 3 Dec 26, 2009 4:00 AM
Happy Holidays!! senlarrs 1 Dec 25, 2009 4:39 PM
Merry Christmas! CountryGardens 3 Dec 25, 2009 10:23 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America