-
AuthorContent
Floriane
Villelongue-dels-mon
France

December 28, 2009
10:34 AM

Post #7403441

Does anyone know if this rose would thrive here in the south of France? The temperature range can be quite wide, can go up to 40 C in summer, but rarely goes below freezing in winter. Last year was an unpleasant exception but most things survived, including the orange trees. Most likely problem is drought, but I would take care of it & we have automatic watering. Having had two hurricanes last year, with much costly devastation & some loss of life - although nothing like Katrina - I think we would like to help others who have suffered, now that we understand a bit of what it is like when the power goes off, the world outside turns upside down & you see your roof go sailing by.
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

December 29, 2009
1:42 AM

Post #7405419

Floriane,
Thanks for your interest in the Peggy Martin rose. Since this is the first time I've had this rose, it would be better if you directed your questions to Ben Hill who gave me the rose, and whose article ran along with mine.
You have a great description of a storm,too.
Thank you!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: A Gift from the Heart, Across the Miles Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
HAPPY ROSY HOLIDAY! Soulja 2 Dec 25, 2009 12:34 PM
Lovely! Badseed 3 Dec 25, 2009 1:09 PM
HANDS OVER AN OCEAN! NEILMUIR1 4 Dec 28, 2009 6:00 PM
Merry Christmas, Sharon! Potagere 3 Dec 26, 2009 4:00 AM
Happy Holidays!! senlarrs 1 Dec 25, 2009 4:39 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America