Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Growing Palms from Seeds: Soils, Containers, Heat and Humidity: Growing palms from seeds

Communities > Forums > Article: Growing Palms from Seeds: Soils, Containers, Heat and Humidity
bookmark
Forum: Article: Growing Palms from Seeds: Soils, Containers, Heat and HumidityReplies: 4, Views: 38
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
tabby7
Alford, FL

December 28, 2009
2:57 PM

Post #7403806

Here in Florida I have countless palm seedlings sprouting from seeds "planted" by our industrious squirrels.

Great article - and photos. Always enjoy your posts.
JoParrott
Richland, WA
(Zone 7b)

December 28, 2009
5:12 PM

Post #7404100

This is a great article-How can I save it? I have some fresh dates and plan to attempt sprouting some.
tecoma
Near Cartagena
Spain

December 28, 2009
7:45 PM

Post #7404470

What are these grubs that have eaten away the inside of a magnificent,10 foot tall Furcrea and consigned it to the garbage fire???Anybody know as I have another Furcrea in the garden and I donīt want to lose it as well.

Thumbnail by tecoma
Click the image for an enlarged view.

palmbob

palmbob
Acton, CA
(Zone 8b)

December 29, 2009
3:24 AM

Post #7405717

wow.. don't know.. we don't get that many grubs here in So California... just fig beetle grubs and they don't look like those
WormsLovSharon
Las Vegas, NV

December 29, 2009
5:10 AM

Post #7405912

I have small plants emerging around my palms all the time from dropped seeds. Can I dig therm up and start them in your medium. By the time I remove them they have one pron (sp?) about 6 inches long. I pull at least 50 during a summer period of time. Currently I have been throwing them in the compost pile. Maybe i could grow them and then plant them in the HOA greenbelt.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Growing Palms from Seeds: Soils, Containers, Heat and Humidity Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Growing palms part 2?? otterear 1 Jan 6, 2010 3:42 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America