AuthorContent

ROSES_R_RED

ROSES_R_RED
Mount Bethel, PA
(Zone 6a)

December 28, 2009
6:52 PM

Post #7404351

Lately, my computer slows down after a while. I know that I have a lot of junk on it so I tried to speed it up with "Driver Cure" and "Reg Cure" and optomizing. I have taken off the icons on the start up bar and that also helps.

Sometimes, when I shut down and restart, I get the message "recovering from a blue screen error" which sounds like something really bad.

If my computer keeps recovering from a blue screen error, even after I update drivers and use a registry cleaner, would a new program (and hardware) like Logitech Webcam, or Skype have anything to do with the problem?

Thanks

Teri
bugme
Barnesville, GA
(Zone 7b)

December 28, 2009
7:00 PM

Post #7404365

Teri, a real computer person will be able to help you I'm sure, however, I've had a problem also with mine telling me "a script on this page cannot be shown due to low memory" or something similar. On a regular basis I delete temporary files and de-frag. I've also removed all of my pictures to a flash drive. All of this did help. DH says "get a new computer" but, I'm loathe to spend the $$$. We did recently buy an external hard drive with lots of space on it and my plan is to remove EVERYTHING to the hard drive and then put back only what I want. Hope you get your screen problem fixed.
hcmcdole
Powder Springs, GA
(Zone 7b)

December 28, 2009
7:35 PM

Post #7404437

What OS are you running? A Blue Screen usually sits there until you reboot and might point to the problem. The culprit could be the last thing you installed or a hardware issue. Luckily I haven't seen any in a long time since I moved to XP.

Here is an article on Vista Blue Screen.

http://ezinearticles.com/?Windows-Vista-Blue-Screen-Error&id=693332

As for memory running low it sounds like a much older OS. Back when Windows ME was around, it would often display memory or resources being low. Even adding more memory didn't help. It was just a terrible OS.

ROSES_R_RED

ROSES_R_RED
Mount Bethel, PA
(Zone 6a)

December 28, 2009
8:09 PM

Post #7404540

Thanks Bugme and hcmcdole.

I'm running Windows XP. I do have all my pictures backed up and an external drive. I hesitate to delete them from my computer because then I will have NO back up. I need to play with this some day when I have lots of time to delete and reinstall practically everything that I put into it this year.

Need a day with lots of time and patience. When????????/

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Computer Talk Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Hotmail help Calalily 13 Jul 17, 2008 11:51 AM
Screen Capture Programs holty 16 Feb 8, 2010 2:13 AM
This 'problem' is driving me nuts! hczone6 10 Feb 11, 2014 4:24 PM
Laptop recommendations Gwendalou 10 Jul 30, 2007 10:12 PM
G Mail Invitations PudgyMudpies 43 Dec 28, 2007 12:12 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America