Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: A Gift from the Heart, Across the Miles: Roses are wonderful

Communities > Forums > Article: A Gift from the Heart, Across the Miles
bookmark
Forum: Article: A Gift from the Heart, Across the MilesReplies: 1, Views: 7
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
3pmp
Slocan, BC
(Zone 3a)

December 29, 2009
2:31 AM

Post #7405576

My first link to roses was in Kamloops, BC where they grew wild along the roadside in town where I would walk along on the sidewalk in the summer time and catch the fragrance that they gave off. I have also heard the term Rose of Sharon are you familiar with this term. I think it was mentioned in biblical times. Let me know if you have information on that type of Rose. Happy New Year
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

December 29, 2009
2:44 AM

Post #7405610

Hi PMP...
What we call Rose of Sharon is actually a hibiscus, and the source of my name. The word Sharon is a Hebrew name, I think, meaning a plain or a plateau, or something similar.

I am not at my home computer, but when I get home next week remind me to send you a photo or two of my Rose of Sharon blooms...They grow heavily here.

Happy New Year, great to hear from you!
Sharon

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: A Gift from the Heart, Across the Miles Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
HAPPY ROSY HOLIDAY! Soulja 2 Dec 25, 2009 12:34 PM
Lovely! Badseed 3 Dec 25, 2009 1:09 PM
HANDS OVER AN OCEAN! NEILMUIR1 4 Dec 28, 2009 6:00 PM
Merry Christmas, Sharon! Potagere 3 Dec 26, 2009 4:00 AM
Happy Holidays!! senlarrs 1 Dec 25, 2009 4:39 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America