Communities > Forums > Article: A Gift from the Heart, Across the Miles
Forum: Article: A Gift from the Heart, Across the MilesReplies: 1, Views: 7
Add to Bookmarks
Slocan, BC
(Zone 3a)

December 29, 2009
2:31 AM

Post #7405576

My first link to roses was in Kamloops, BC where they grew wild along the roadside in town where I would walk along on the sidewalk in the summer time and catch the fragrance that they gave off. I have also heard the term Rose of Sharon are you familiar with this term. I think it was mentioned in biblical times. Let me know if you have information on that type of Rose. Happy New Year
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

December 29, 2009
2:44 AM

Post #7405610

Hi PMP...
What we call Rose of Sharon is actually a hibiscus, and the source of my name. The word Sharon is a Hebrew name, I think, meaning a plain or a plateau, or something similar.

I am not at my home computer, but when I get home next week remind me to send you a photo or two of my Rose of Sharon blooms...They grow heavily here.

Happy New Year, great to hear from you!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: A Gift from the Heart, Across the Miles Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
HAPPY ROSY HOLIDAY! Soulja 2 Dec 25, 2009 12:34 PM
Lovely! Badseed 3 Dec 25, 2009 1:09 PM
Merry Christmas, Sharon! Potagere 3 Dec 26, 2009 4:00 AM
Happy Holidays!! senlarrs 1 Dec 25, 2009 4:39 PM

Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2015 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America