Photo by Melody

Article: Yarrow - a Star is Born!: Ornamental vs therapeutic

Communities > Forums > Article: Yarrow - a Star is Born!
bookmark
Forum: Article: Yarrow - a Star is Born!Replies: 1, Views: 27
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
MihaelaCureleanu
Tirgu Jiu
Romania

December 29, 2009
1:05 PM

Post #7406318

In my country, yerrow is considered to be one of the most important and potent plant.
it us used for:
- breast troubles - external and internal
- female genital problems - external
- stomach and liver problems - internal
- kidney problems - internal
- dermatological problems - external

i took the liberty to translate a small article on yarrow:
Achillea millefolium has usages in helping healing scars, antiinflamatory, and antyhemorragy. it is one of the most formidable plants in order to treat open wounds, cysites, and hemorragyc dihareeas or inflamatory affections. its actions are soft and witha lagre specter of action.

Internal: it is a mild anti- allergen, (blocks hystamine action) , anti astmatic ( helps relxing the smoth muscle in the bronchic tree, helps expectoration), potent antiinflamatory, mild intestinal antiseptic, mild antiseptic for kidneys, week carminatice (flowers are used to reduce volume of intestinal gases), very potent gastric, intestinal and reno-urinary cicatrizant, INTERN), cicatrizant gastric, intestinal si reno-urinar foarte puternic, poent colagog (increases 4 times gall secretion), mild emenagog (favorize menstruation - flowers especially), good tonic digestive.
external actions: very potent antialergic, mild antibacterian, potent antiinflamatory, help healing of scars.

Usages:
Intern: gastric and duodenal ulcer, hyperaccidic gastrites, bleeding hemorroids, epistaxis, adjuvant in hemopthisy, internal bleeding, difficil digestion, dispepsy, internal gases. also used in amenorea, entero-renal syndrome, (hemorragic) cistite, high blood pressure, cardio-renal edems, nefrites and pielo nefrites. it can be used in astm and astmathyform bronchytes. It can be used for a number of feminine problems as painfull and heavy menstruations, painfull sweling of breasts before menstruation, celulites, uterin spasms, etc. can be used also for varicosity, hemorroids pectoral angines, pneumonias and pleurresyas, troubles with blood vessesl

EXTERN: - difficult wounds, bleeding hemmorroids, skin ulcers, epistaxis

If these are the gifts of this wondrous plant, why to change it?
Liquidambar2
Mount Vernon, KY

August 14, 2010
6:58 PM

Post #8040317

I have put it in a tea. I thought later that perhaps I was crazy to do this! Who knows it could be dangerous, and I was just taking the word of an herb book. I liked it though. There is something about it yarrow tea that seems to soothe the throat.

Have you ever drank it?

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Yarrow - a Star is Born! Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Wow! adinamiti 12 Dec 28, 2009 8:21 PM
Great phicks 0 Dec 27, 2009 12:31 AM
Yarrows zone5dirt 3 Aug 20, 2010 6:01 PM
Love the new pink shades! Nineg 1 Aug 14, 2010 7:02 PM
Wonderful article! GardenSue777 0 Dec 28, 2009 9:36 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America