Photo by Melody
We rolled out several small fixes on January 29. If you encounter any problems, please report them in the designated thread in the DG Site Updates forum.

Peppers: Looking for Bhut Jolokia or Dorset Naga seeds for trade

Communities > Forums > Peppers
bookmark
Forum: PeppersReplies: 6, Views: 118
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
araness
Auburn, AL
(Zone 8a)

December 30, 2009
1:16 AM

Post #7408247

I'd like to trade (sorry all I have are tomato seeds) for either Bhut or Dorset Naga seeds. My husband has a few co-workers that miss the hot peppers they are use to in their homeland and I thought it would be a nice gift to present them with several plants.

Thanks
HERBIE43
Rutland , MA
(Zone 5b)

December 30, 2009
11:25 PM

Post #7411099

araness - i have been growing ultra hot peppers for two yers now. two yers ago i ried bhut jolokia with no success at all. last year i gree 7 pots and had great success with over 200 of the hottest peppers i have ever grown.

i have a few seeds (maybe two or three) which i would be glad to share with you
called 7 pot.

have you ever grown ultra hots?? they are quite finicky and can driveyou crazy while growing them.

i will be away until friday so if you are intersted d-mail me and give me your name and address and i will get them out to you. i don't need any seeds but thanks for offering.

frank

This message was edited Jan 1, 2010 2:46 PM
dreamfrutas
Rio de Janeiro
Brazil
(Zone 12a)

January 2, 2010
3:16 AM

Post #7418435

Hi

I have Bhut Jolokia seeds and I am interested to trade for other rare pepper seeds. What tomato varieties you have?

Carlos
araness
Auburn, AL
(Zone 8a)

January 2, 2010
11:16 PM

Post #7421043

Carlos

Thanks so much but I've found some...DG's are great for helping out.
savagegardener
Middleton, TN
(Zone 7a)

January 28, 2010
4:00 PM

Post #7505205

Where can one purchase some more of these seeds ? I had a few last year , grew them and they grew like crazy but never set fruit ... I would love to try again , get an earlier start , and grow again ...I will dig up next fall and put them in my GH , if needed to get them to fruit ... any other suggestions ?????

Can you still get them at The University of New Mexico ?
savagegardener
Middleton, TN
(Zone 7a)

January 28, 2010
4:04 PM

Post #7505221

never mind ...

found them ..

OOPS, it is New Mexico state university instead of University of new mexico . Here it is for those that might be interested in the hottest pepper in the world

http://aces.nmsu.edu/chilepepperinstitute/

VORTREKER

VORTREKER
POTTSBORO, TX
(Zone 7b)

February 9, 2010
12:20 AM

Post #7543027

savage--they do set fruit late--start early and put in green house

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Peppers Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Name This Sweet, Sweet Pepper Tplant 117 Apr 3, 2008 12:24 AM
pepper plants started HERBIE43 7 Oct 11, 2007 12:56 PM
Hungarian Hot Wax Peppers - What Do You Do With Them? Breezymeadow 21 Mar 20, 2008 2:58 AM
fish peppers up and growing HERBIE43 32 Jul 24, 2009 8:35 PM
Peppers resource thread - opinions & suggestions, please Terry 13 Aug 31, 2010 10:38 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2015 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America