-
AuthorContent
JoParrott
Richland, WA
(Zone 7b)

December 31, 2009
1:06 AM

Post #7411410

I have just purchased an HP Slimline PC(640gb hd, 6gb ram/windows7Premium. I am pretty happy with it so far, but have some aggrevations that I wonder if someone can solve. 1- Removing desktop icons for "homegroup" & "Libraries"- I have Googled and tried the steps that are suggested, but none of them work- short of going into the registry, which I am not comfortable doing. And 2- How to remove the arrows on desktop shortcuts- I had found a neat little program for Vista, but it won't run in 7. If anyone has solutions, I would appreciate them- Happy New Year, everyone---

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

December 31, 2009
8:49 PM

Post #7413901

Jo -- i dont have "7" but did a quick google.. did you see this page?
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/3659-desktop-items-hide-show.html
Susie2
Brazoria, TX
(Zone 9b)

December 31, 2009
11:11 PM

Post #7414318

Just got a Windows 7 last week and am having a problem reviewing everything. I have stayed with it since last Friday everyday and am getting really "googlyeyed". I have been with XP since it came out and was really confortable with it but I received a new PC(emachine) as a gift. I have been reading everything windows has on the website and have been making progress but am really having a problem with photo libraries. I know it will be okay once it dawns on me what I am not doing right but for now frustration is on me. I haven't had your problem with icons so I can't help with that. I am waiting on my aha moment. Hopefully, it will come to me soon.
Good luck and enjoy your new pc as I am.

Susie
JoParrott
Richland, WA
(Zone 7b)

January 1, 2010
1:50 AM

Post #7414963

Thanks, tcs1366- I scrolled down and found what I needed-and it worked! Here's the link I used to remove both the homegroups & library icons-
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/919-desktop-icons-add-remove.html

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Computer Talk Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Hotmail help Calalily 13 Jul 17, 2008 11:51 AM
Screen Capture Programs holty 16 Feb 8, 2010 2:13 AM
This 'problem' is driving me nuts! hczone6 10 Feb 11, 2014 4:24 PM
Laptop recommendations Gwendalou 10 Jul 30, 2007 10:12 PM
G Mail Invitations PudgyMudpies 43 Dec 28, 2007 12:12 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America