Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: New Year's Resolutions for Gardeners: My 3 New Year's Gardening Resolutions:

Communities > Forums > Article: New Year's Resolutions for Gardeners
bookmark
Forum: Article: New Year's Resolutions for GardenersReplies: 7, Views: 57
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

Gymgirl

Gymgirl
SE Houston (Hobby), TX
(Zone 9a)

December 31, 2009
6:10 PM

Post #7413544

I resolve to:
**Install the automatic sprinkler system that's been sitting in the box since last June...
**Construct the wood tomato cage that's been cut out since last July...
**Sit back and enjoy more when I'm out, rather than constantly "doing" something when I'm out...
can2grow
Valparaiso, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 4, 2010
1:59 AM

Post #7424960

Good resolutions! I especially like your last one.
Happy New Year.
Meehlticket
Daphne, AL
(Zone 8b)

January 4, 2010
4:51 PM

Post #7426803

I like your new year's resolutions...but I would add my own personal, "I resolve to keep my garden gloves ON while gardening." Makes them easier to find!

Gymgirl

Gymgirl
SE Houston (Hobby), TX
(Zone 9a)

January 4, 2010
6:39 PM

Post #7427183

Meehl!
I just bought 2 boxes of rubber gloves from Sally's Beauty supply. I HATE wearing gardening gloves, 'cause I like interacting with the soil. But, I also hate the fingernail thing. So, the rubber gloves fit really close and allow me to experience the best of both worlds -- the semi-feel of the earth, and clean fingernails!

I wear the gardening gloves over the rubber gloves, till I'm ready for some real "hands on" work!
craftyelaine
Northfield, OH

January 5, 2010
1:58 AM

Post #7428857

Like all your resolutions - It seems I have so much to do especially when you work full time and do everything yourself (hubby not real interested in garden creating) that you don't get to enjoy what you do have. Every summer you work up something - so anxious to make some positive plans for this year.

Need to use the garden gloves MORE - fingernails get to be a real mess
bonehead
Cedarhome, WA
(Zone 8b)

December 31, 2012
8:18 AM

Post #9371267

I resolve to carve out and prioritize one hour of garden time daily - which will require rain gear for me. Just do it.

I resolve not to stress about weeds, even the ever-present buttercup offers up pretty little flowers.

I resolve to edge all my beds early on, that clean edge makes all the difference and it usually holds for most of the season.

I resolve to set up more sitting areas, particularly in my wild areas, to just listen to the birds. Well, maybe pull a weed or two...

carrielamont

carrielamont
Bedford, TX
(Zone 8a)

December 31, 2012
9:32 AM

Post #9371321

So...benches in the weediest areas? :-)
bonehead
Cedarhome, WA
(Zone 8b)

December 31, 2012
12:40 PM

Post #9371486

Yeah, pretty much! We have open fields and various woodlots. I am slowly trying to tame down some of that wildness and a bench here or there would likely get me to focus a bit better. Or just enjoy the native flora.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: New Year's Resolutions for Gardeners Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
I wish others would! NEILMUIR1 3 Jan 4, 2010 1:58 AM
Repairing sprinkler systems et al keferraro 0 Dec 31, 2012 4:06 AM
Choose low-maintanance plants Gardeningman 0 Dec 31, 2012 4:40 AM
My resolutions... legallyheidi 0 Dec 31, 2012 9:16 AM
2013 Gardening Resolutions carolcooper54 1 Jan 3, 2013 4:33 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America