Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Books, Movies, and TV: American Idol - 2010

Communities > Forums > Books, Movies, and TV
bookmark
Forum: Books, Movies, and TVReplies: 70, Views: 627
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
SherryLike
SE Arky
United States
(Zone 8a)

January 4, 2010
1:08 AM

Post #7424773

Two regulars from 2009 have asked for a new thread for 2010, so here goes. I believe the show begins on Jan 12, but I'm not certain. Whatever, I doubt there will be much action, until down the line; however, add this 2010 thread so that we will be ready, when, if the action begins. Happy Idoling 2010 !!!!!!!!!!

chrissy100

chrissy100
Sydney
Australia

January 4, 2010
2:37 AM

Post #7425070

When does it begin? I don't know because I am here in Australia.
I am broken hearted because my IQ box died and I lost all of AI 2009.
I hope Adam just soars upwards ...I don't think any series will ever equal 2009.
Thanks for the fun ^_^
SherryLike
SE Arky
United States
(Zone 8a)

January 4, 2010
3:56 AM

Post #7425291

Hey, chrissy!! Thanks for tuning in. Idol starts Jan 12 & 13, but I'm not certain of the time. The loss of one's IQ box sound serious & I hope you find a fix or cure, lol. If it is a recorder, I'll agree that it's awful when that happens!!!! Like you, I don't think any series will ever equal Idol 2009. Good to see you, happy 2010!!!!!!
Melissa_Ohio
Southwestern, OH
(Zone 6b)

January 4, 2010
4:21 AM

Post #7425372

I'm here, the previews so far look exciting. :)

I can't wait!

chrissy100

chrissy100
Sydney
Australia

January 4, 2010
4:36 AM

Post #7425402

Oh they replaced the box but I lost everything stored in it ...I lost Adam :(
Most of the Movies I will catch on repeats ...don't suppose they might repeat Idol 2009 do you?
previews good? sigh it's going to be hard to get excited but I do love new talent so I probably won't be able to help myself.
Happy New Year to everyone!
SherryLike
SE Arky
United States
(Zone 8a)

January 4, 2010
1:51 PM

Post #7426187

chrissy, I didn't intend to watch in 2009 and I was bored and totally uninterested until you-know-who entered the competition. And, while I really hated to see Paula leave, I look forward to Ellen being a judge. Maybe it will be a fun, funny year, and, who knows, it's possible to have more talent there this year than ever before...it's snowing here in Southeast Arky...

flowAjen

flowAjen
central, NJ
(Zone 6b)

January 11, 2010
2:16 PM

Post #7451348

Yeah, Ellen's a riot and I think the play between her and Simon ought to be real good.
I hope they show some more of the funny try outs, last year they seemed to breeze thru them too fast.

chrissy100

chrissy100
Sydney
Australia

January 11, 2010
8:43 PM

Post #7452685

Ok two reasons to watch ...
1) Helen as you say will be a hoot!
2) They have canceled Australian Idol this year :((((
I sort of guessed last year that may have been on the cards because there were lots of budget saving measures,short cuts etc. I am pretty sad about that because I love to see new talent.
It all started to go downhill when the voting thing was in question after Big Brother here was found to be ummm ...well lets just say it was canceled. The same station and the same mob did Australian Idol so there had been a large drop in voting.
I am now looking forward to American idol to fill the big gap.
Never will there be another year like 2009 though.
SherryLike
SE Arky
United States
(Zone 8a)

January 11, 2010
9:08 PM

Post #7452774

I love the KISS commercial, and laugh every time I see it...and, remember the 2009 Idol finale...
tomatofreak
Phoenix, AZ

January 12, 2010
2:55 AM

Post #7453853

I'm betting this will be the last season for Idol. http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/reviews/2010-01-12-idol12_ST_N.htm Fine with me if one of the networks figures out an entertaining way to bring new talent to the fore.
treelover3
Minneapolis, MN
(Zone 5a)

January 12, 2010
2:26 PM

Post #7454900

Fox Reality channel played the second to the last episode of season 9 of Idol last night where Danny was voted off and that left Adam and Kris to battle it out. I'm not sure when they will play the last episode since it's not network TV? (It's channel 250 on DirecTV.)

It was interesting to see the top 3 finalists again and the welcomes they received from their communities when they went back home. I was kind of shocked that Adam seemed to have the least number of people to come out to welcome him home, of the three they showed. Between Danny and Kris, it was kind of a toss up as to who had the most people come out to welcome him home, but Danny may have had a slight edge over Kris.

I can hardly wait for tonight.
SherryLike
SE Arky
United States
(Zone 8a)

January 13, 2010
2:30 AM

Post #7457059

I did not plan to like the show tonight. So far, it's the best first night Idol I've ever seen.

flowAjen

flowAjen
central, NJ
(Zone 6b)

January 13, 2010
3:10 AM

Post #7457188

I want to see more of the funnier ones.

I like the guy you broke his wrists.
Melissa_Ohio
Southwestern, OH
(Zone 6b)

January 13, 2010
3:31 AM

Post #7457246

I liked it. I liked the first girl, with all the brothers with Downs and the last girl...

I know we all think it can never be as good as it was last season, but it's Idol, and we're Idol fans... we're going to like it. LOL Just different people to like, none may be as good as some on last season, but who knows! OH, I liked the guy who had Cancer too... didn't hurt that he's cute. :)

momcat
northeast, IL
(Zone 5a)

January 13, 2010
3:36 AM

Post #7457252

I liked broken wrist guy, and cancer guy, the boat guy wasn't bad either. That last girl was really good, I liked the one with the grandmother with alzheimers, too.

Melissa_Ohio
Southwestern, OH
(Zone 6b)

January 13, 2010
3:38 AM

Post #7457258

Yep, forgot about Grandma with Alzheimers, and boat guy.

flowAjen

flowAjen
central, NJ
(Zone 6b)

January 13, 2010
4:58 AM

Post #7457398

Oh yeah the boat guy.

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

January 13, 2010
2:31 PM

Post #7457958

I'm just cracking up at the nicknames we have to use cuz who's gonna remember anybody's name at this stage?!?! ROFL
I liked all those mentioned. There seems to have been an emphasis on nice, positive people. How about that Bosa with Nigerian parents (at least I knew that name) Nice family tho I don't know how far he'll get. I really enjoyed the show (course I used DVR to get past commercials and crowds shots) I was glad it seemed they didn't spend too much time on really baaaaad people. Sad to think, of this group of which we've liked several, likely not one of them will make it to the top 20 after hollywood.
momcat
northeast, IL
(Zone 5a)

January 13, 2010
2:47 PM

Post #7457999

I've never paid that much attention to the tryout part of AI before. Are those that they're doing these film clips of family and home life the ones that tend to move forward in Hollywood?

Obviously this part of the show was filmed months ago. Are the top 20 already really chosen, but kept secret?

Just curious,
Deb

flowAjen

flowAjen
central, NJ
(Zone 6b)

January 13, 2010
5:45 PM

Post #7458530

Everything in Hollywood in the beginning is pre recorded. Unless they change things around again( a couple of seasons ago the public voted who advanced) they know the top 20.
SherryLike
SE Arky
United States
(Zone 8a)

January 13, 2010
9:15 PM

Post #7459034

We've known for some time that a contestant from central Arky made the Hollywood cut. I know Simon doesn't like Posh, and I like Simon, but I like Posh - she jumped him & he couldn't take it, oh, well, he's wrong, I like her & didn't intend to. Ellen's gonna have to be good.

I thought Posh & Kara were good together, and funny, when they both fell for the cute guys, wrist boy, cancer boy, Godzilla (name of boat) boy, and nice boy that Simon didn't want to like, but did. I liked the girls you guys liked too, and especially that one beautiful girl that resembles Jordan Sparks, was very good.

I loved the contestants that dressed for the part, contemporary clothes in their own style, like wrist boy, from another decade, becoming hair, with their own personal style shining through. I saw more talent than I ever anticipated & I liked what I saw.

Oh, the judges cleaned themselves up too, they all looked good & behaved better, and seemed more interested & happier to be there. Simon knew he was leaving but shoot that's okay, someone great will turn up to take his place & we'll start a separate thread for his new show. Then, we'll have two super shows on our agenda.

I'm really tickled I liked it last night & I hope tonight is even better...
Melissa_Ohio
Southwestern, OH
(Zone 6b)

January 13, 2010
10:17 PM

Post #7459206

I don't know Sally, I think that girl with the portuguese grandma just might make it through... it's hard to tell though, someone is liable to come along tonight that makes all of them pale in comparison.

I think there were several last season that we all liked from the audition that made it... Danny Gokey comes immediately to mind... they did a thing about his wife dying last year... he made it to the final 3... so you never know.

I know a couple of years ago, most of us liked Taylor Hicks from his audition on.

chrissy100

chrissy100
Sydney
Australia

January 13, 2010
11:28 PM

Post #7459391

Yes I am sucked in again!
Can't help myself ...I don't usually look at the auditions but wanted to see if there was another Adam in there ...sadly not.
There were a few characters though and some talent.
I think they show the backgrounds of these interesting characters (some have pretty good voices too).
Though he may never be a singer I loved the Italian guy who said he needed to lay down on the floor after eating with his large family.
I reckon he could be a great actor in a sitcomb situation or the Sopranos, he was great fun.
The "it" girl was pretty good.
Tyler with the broken wrists was interesting and a bit "different".
16 year old Katie with the grannie was sweet and could sing.
Justin with the history of cancer was a feast for the eyes and could sing too.
I loved Bosa and his mum.
Leah was the last one ...was ok too.
No one really rang the bell but it's early days.
We don't see everyone who went through either.
I really thought I would dislike Posh but she won me over.
The vibe was better, less nastiness.
So yes I will be watching the Auditions as well, trying in vain no doubt to find another Adam.
Melissa_Ohio
Southwestern, OH
(Zone 6b)

January 14, 2010
12:22 AM

Post #7459588

Is last night the only night Posh will be on there? they said at the beginning they had a lot of guest judges... I really liked her.

flowAjen

flowAjen
central, NJ
(Zone 6b)

January 14, 2010
1:12 AM

Post #7459747

Victoria was sweet, but can she eat something though, man she is SKINNY.

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

January 14, 2010
3:21 PM

Post #7461224

ROFL jen--sure is!!

Last night show didn't strike me near as ;nice' as the first one. Back to the annoyed bored judges, not much in the way of hopeful stories. Didja like the girl from Vonore TN? wow, auditioning in a 4 dollar dollar store dress. It will be nice thing if Idol can lift her or others from poverty and being trapped in such a situation. Maybe she's not really Hollywood bound but she may have a bkluegrass career Then theye had me fooled, thinking the next 'country boy' a tall skinny guy with bad teeth, would be surprisingly good too--NOPE!
I hardly remember anyone else. Well, the cop. The BFF girls with plastic- Barbie- face makeup--seriously the one who made it just BARELY made it. That could have been just for drama, to pass her.
SherryLike
SE Arky
United States
(Zone 8a)

January 14, 2010
3:55 PM

Post #7461331

General Larry Platt, 62, & 'Pants on the Ground' stole the show, very funny!!!!!

I didn't know the 4th judge, but she didn't bring much to the show, and the other three seemed to drift back to ho-hum. Apparently, Posh pumped up the first night show, they should have kept her, she & Kara complimented each other & they were energizing, which is badly on the judge row...

This message was edited Jan 14, 2010 10:00 AM
Melissa_Ohio
Southwestern, OH
(Zone 6b)

January 14, 2010
9:42 PM

Post #7462146

I found this

[quote]The audition phase of American Idol will run until February 2nd, 2010 and the show is bringing in guest judges up until the live show starts.

Victoria Beckham was the first of the American Idol guest judges and she will be back later in the season after debuting in the Boston auditions segment. Beckham also will be involved in the Denver auditions on the schedule for February 2nd.

There are many other talented American Idol guest judges on the schedule for 2010 and the next one we’ll see is Mary J. Blige in the Atlanta auditions. Joe Jonas and Neil Patrick Harris are slated as 2010 American Idol judges for the Dallas auditions while Kristin Chenoweth will take over for Orlando.

Other temporary American Idol judges on the schedule are Shania Twain for Chicago and Katy Perry/Avril Lavigne for Los Angeles. [/quote]

I'm glad posh will be back.

chrissy100

chrissy100
Sydney
Australia

January 15, 2010
12:46 AM

Post #7462748

"Pants on the ground" will be a You tube classic ...it is already !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvCQsVcHN7c
I hope that works but if it does not ...just youtube it yourself.
I was reminded last night why I don't usually enjoy the auditions,
the judging perhaps had a lot to do with it.
I feel a sorry for the little Country girl in the cheap little dress ...I hope some good comes out of this for her.
Onward to the next one.
ceceoh
Columbus, OH
(Zone 6a)

January 15, 2010
5:58 AM

Post #7463464

Jimmy Fallon did a spoof of Neil Young performing "POTG". I hope they paid some royalties to the guy! :)
SherryLike
SE Arky
United States
(Zone 8a)

January 20, 2010
1:29 AM

Post #7477693

My grand's pal, Charity Vance, Little Rock, AR, will be on Idol tonight, she's very good...

Charity YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=En9zkD4E778

This message was edited Jan 20, 2010 8:04 AM

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

January 20, 2010
8:33 PM

Post #7479899

Go Charity!

I am SO hoping for success for the young lady with the disabled daughter, whose dad died during Season 7. Talk about talent PLUS commitment to her dream.

Shania seemed like kind of an airhead.

flowAjen

flowAjen
central, NJ
(Zone 6b)

January 20, 2010
8:34 PM

Post #7479902

That's Shania. She is an airhead.

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

January 21, 2010
7:38 AM

Post #7481303

After thinking some more, I feel Shania was a complete zero as a guest judge.
So any other reactions for this week? The girl with the face problem, the Jersey sisters, the autism-son guy, the robbed a bank with a BB gun guy? Has anyone kept a scorecard to see how many 'you're THE best audition of the whole season' people there are?

chrissy100

chrissy100
Sydney
Australia

January 21, 2010
9:50 AM

Post #7481387

I didn't enjoy it.
What a shame, I saw Shania like that ...loved some of her work in music but that has turned me off her.
Some great stories I suppose but the talent is just ok so far ...let's be real ...after Adam it's hard.
SherryLike
SE Arky
United States
(Zone 8a)

January 21, 2010
1:43 PM

Post #7481612

I guess I'm getting easy, I thought it was good, I liked the pretty judge, didn't know her, and I loved the Jersey sisters, the bank robber, the bebopper, others. Ever since I decided the show would end after Taylor Hicks, I decided that I don't know as much as I sometimes think, lol - BUT Taylor was the most entertaining, that session, for me (Chris Daughtery does not do it for me, but I greatly appreciate his talent and think he didn't win because the age people that did like him don't watch the show and, or vote.) I really like this startup year better than the year Jordan ?? won and, the year David Cook won, he was the only one I liked & he wasn't my type. So, this year, even tho Adam isn't there, it appears that there are some fun contestants on the way to Hollywood. Heavens, I hope so - I'm expecting ZERO, so justa bout anything works for me. But, life goes on & so does Idol, I'm so glad it's up and runnin' again...
tomatofreak
Phoenix, AZ

January 21, 2010
3:48 PM

Post #7481885

Speaking of Adam, did anyone catch him on Oprah this week, Tuesday, I think. Great interview. She gave him lots of time; the show was divided between Adam and Susan Boyle and he got over half the time. And of course his performance was flawless.
http://www.oprah.com/entertainment/Adam-Lambert-Exclusive-Interviews-and-Videos
I haven't watched the show - yet. Maybe when they go Hollywood, I sneak a peek.

chrissy100

chrissy100
Sydney
Australia

January 22, 2010
1:04 AM

Post #7483834

I think I am running behind you by one day ...sorry the next one is tonight here.
yep I am being a bit fussy I guess it's the heat! ^_^
I do love young talent and I will settle down to it.
SherryLike
SE Arky
United States
(Zone 8a)

January 22, 2010
8:29 PM

Post #7486190

chrissy, the heat will definitely jade one's point of view, lol!! Hey, that's okay, assuming you'll put up with me next August, when it's hot as holy heck here. I watch HGTV & only see occasional shows re Australia and I'd love to see, hear more about your part of the world, any suggestions that I might catch on TV or other media??? When the spirit moves me, I listen to radio around the world, but I don't have an Aussie site...happy weekend to all!!!!!!!!!!!!

chrissy100

chrissy100
Sydney
Australia

January 22, 2010
11:21 PM

Post #7486570

How's this we are to go to 43C today in our old terms and your current terms
43 degrees Celsius = 109.4 degrees Fahrenheit
so you see with overnight temps of 39C last night a girl could be a bit picky ^_^
I did watch the third audition and I did like it much more.
Lots of sad stories out there I felt sorry for the young woman born with the deformed facial nerve ...humbles you when you see what people sometimes have to deal with.
the dad with the autistic son.
Lots of interesting things happening but no bells ringing for me yet.
never mind it's early days.
I listen to radio 2GB it's all talk back mostly but you may be shocked at how Australians get stuck into gov.etc.
Our News channel on Foxtel is Sky News ...I don't know if you get that or not.
Much of our content is American and British on the telly though we do have a good selection of local content.
I don't think American's understand our humour and can take it the wrong way some times. I see a great many aussies presenting news on your channels and we have lost many of our stars to America including the star of Avatar ...we haven't got the population to make someone a squillionaire here so the World lures our talent away.
here are but a few
http://www.hollywoodcultmovies.com/html/australian_connection.html
Of course it does not include everyone just some you may be familiar with.
We are a pretty cheeky mob ^_^

This message was edited Jan 23, 2010 10:23 AM
SherryLike
SE Arky
United States
(Zone 8a)

January 24, 2010
12:23 AM

Post #7489810

Hey, chrissy, I knew, and enjoy, just about all of the Aussie stars, tho I couldn't put a face with a few. I'm going to try 2GB, when my new speakers arrive, I enjoy listening around the world. Do many Aussies watch Idol and, or other shows here?? I love hearing about you & your country. Do you have a family/friends, etc, that watch Idol with you??
ceceoh
Columbus, OH
(Zone 6a)

February 10, 2010
1:31 AM

Post #7546162

Whoops! late getting here. Hi everbody!

I had not been following the first auditions very closely. I just learned that a local kid had made it to Hollywood, but he just wiped out in the L.A. auditions.

That girl with the guitar - Giselle? - was very impressive. Otherwise I need to catch up here. :)

chrissy100

chrissy100
Sydney
Australia

February 10, 2010
1:36 AM

Post #7546182

hi glad to have found you all again I thought we had gone missing ^_^
looking foward to catching up and comparing.
SherryLike
SE Arky
United States
(Zone 8a)

February 10, 2010
1:55 AM

Post #7546226

Charity Vance from Little Rock (the friend of my grands) made it & I LOVE the guy that sang the Paula Abdul song and the guy named KC James that sang and played guitar...

This message was edited Feb 10, 2010 12:51 PM

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

February 10, 2010
7:39 AM

Post #7547004

[quote="chrissy100"]hi glad to have found you all again I thought we had gone missing ^_^
looking foward to catching up and comparing.[/quote]

Same here! I missed the last two weeks of shows for various reasons, but saw it tonight. I love the humor Ellen brings to it. I know I heard Charity but can't remember her song. Some really good ones there. incl the Paula Abdul song guy, he was super! and was KC the "blues guitarist"? He was good. I was not surprised that the girl from Vonore TN didn't make it through I sure hope she got something positive out of the experience. I wonder if the ones who get 'profiled'
pastime
Waterman, IL
(Zone 5a)

February 10, 2010
1:45 PM

Post #7547364

I was hoping the girl from TN would make it, but she picked a really bad song. What made it worse, she had to follow the guy that sang that great rendition of the Paula Abdul song. That was a hard act for the TN girl to follow. He was outstanding. I like KC also and the waitress mom with all the tattoos. I gotta start remembering names!

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

February 10, 2010
2:21 PM

Post #7547460

Waitress Mom sang very well and was very likeable.
Surprising how BADLY some of them did! I guess the nerves at the whole new level makes a big difference.
SherryLike
SE Arky
United States
(Zone 8a)

February 10, 2010
9:26 PM

Post #7548740

Yes, some were not good - stage fright, I suppose, pressure, I can only imagine how difficult it is...and, I'm thinking they all have to dance too...whew!!

chrissy100

chrissy100
Sydney
Australia

February 11, 2010
4:19 AM

Post #7549811

We are seeing it tonight ^_^

flowAjen

flowAjen
central, NJ
(Zone 6b)

February 25, 2010
7:48 PM

Post #7587394

Anyone watching it?
SoCal
Huntington Beach, CA
(Zone 10a)

February 25, 2010
11:20 PM

Post #7587844

Yea, I'm watching it, but I don't know for how long. The judges said they have the 'best' singers yet...where are they, I don't hear them yet. I'm getting bored already.

flowAjen

flowAjen
central, NJ
(Zone 6b)

February 26, 2010
1:16 AM

Post #7588113

Me too, very boring! Can anybody say "last season"???
tomatofreak
Phoenix, AZ

February 27, 2010
12:39 AM

Post #7590428

I've been commenting along with others on the Am Idol and we - I, in particular - agree with you 110%. Did you see Alison and Kris sing last night? Alison is so good, it must have been hard for the girls to sit there and listen to real talent. If it doesn't get better, I'll be looking for something else to do. This bunch is as exciting as oatmeal.

flowAjen

flowAjen
central, NJ
(Zone 6b)

March 4, 2010
7:03 PM

Post #7605196

I watched some of the boys and only liked Lee, I would have rather watched paint dry.
LhasaLover
(Tammie) Odessa, TX
(Zone 7b)

March 5, 2010
2:00 PM

Post #7606885

I agree... very boring this year.. I really don't care if I watch at all. None of them interests me at all and honestly, I don't think any of them can really sing. I can't believe out of all that auditioned they could not find more interesting better singers than this group.

flowAjen

flowAjen
central, NJ
(Zone 6b)

March 6, 2010
9:50 AM

Post #7608600

I know!! I didn't even watch the girls and the results show, caught some excerpts on line and real glad I didn't watch them.

chrissy100

chrissy100
Sydney
Australia

March 6, 2010
2:05 PM

Post #7609031

I still haven't "loved" anyone yet ...early days I suppose ...the truth is we were spoilt by Adam last year, nothing will live up to that experience in my opinion.
I am trying hard to get excited but it's a bit hard so far.
I am enjoying helen though.

flowAjen

flowAjen
central, NJ
(Zone 6b)

March 6, 2010
5:30 PM

Post #7609413

I don't think that is it, there were a lot of good ones last year not just Adam. This year only 2 good ones and the song choices/arrangements are just LAME.

chrissy100

chrissy100
Sydney
Australia

March 6, 2010
5:54 PM

Post #7609483

ok well if I am really pushed* the girls ...that young lady with the guitar/ country voice went to the hospital.
Then the young woman with the silver shaggy hair.
The boys can't really pick them yet. Love that big bear of a guy just because he dwarfs everyone and seems like a good bloke. I think he will bring interest. The young fella with the mullet hairdo. I don't really know yet.
Yes perhaps if the song choices improve ...you are right there was a higher standard of performances from the first go last year.

chrissy100

chrissy100
Sydney
Australia

March 7, 2010
1:42 PM

Post #7611300

OMG ...screaming like a school girl!!!!!!

Adam is here in Australia ...I am listening to him being interviewed.
Radio 2GB sydney.
what a darling!!!!!

Fainting ...PLOP> THUD> ^_^

It's Monday Morning 8.44 they have podcasts.

This message was edited Mar 8, 2010 8:43 AM
SoCal
Huntington Beach, CA
(Zone 10a)

March 7, 2010
2:44 PM

Post #7611446

lol @ chrissy...
Are you going to try to see him perform somewhere?

chrissy100

chrissy100
Sydney
Australia

March 7, 2010
2:59 PM

Post #7611482

I will need to check out wether he will be performing,
he is here promoting his album, they played "what do you want from me" *sighing with happiness here ...just wait until people get a load of Adam Lambert!!!*
Most don't know who I am speaking of.
I think that is about to change as he will no doubt begin to appear on out local talk shows and hopefully perform.
I will let you know when I know ^_^ ...Whoo Hoo!!!!!

chrissy100

chrissy100
Sydney
Australia

March 7, 2010
3:04 PM

Post #7611500

Oh I might have known he would be here for the gay mardi gra,
Here look
http://ontheflix.com/2010/03/07/adam-lambert-seen-performing-wild-dazzling-show-in-australia/

I wish I could but I think I would be trampled.
It's been a well kept secret until now.
treelover3
Minneapolis, MN
(Zone 5a)

April 13, 2010
5:10 PM

Post #7703526

Adam Lambert is on IDOL tonight and he's the mentor. Adam is the first Idol contestant to come back as a mentor. He's on right now, CDT. This is going to be a good show.

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

April 13, 2010
7:21 PM

Post #7703853

I really liked Tim tonight! Liked Crystal as always, so natural. Did not like Andrew or the young boy/Blue Suede Shoes- such a dated song. Not crazy about Siobhans, never a big fan of that song. did not get to see the others. Looking forward to if Adam will perform tomorrow.
momcat
northeast, IL
(Zone 5a)

April 14, 2010
4:53 AM

Post #7704384

I really liked Tim, too. I missed Siobhan, didn't like Andrew at all, but I haven't really liked him much from the start. I realize Crystal has a great voice, but I just can't get past her look. The piercing, the matted dreadlocks, the teeth, just make it hard for me to vote for her.

Deb

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

April 14, 2010
6:43 AM

Post #7704648

I understand what you're saying about Crystal. Tho I do like her, I have been unable to get over some previous extremely tattooed contestants. The performers appearance does have an impact---So when is Haircurtain Tim getting a new 'do?? David Archuleta looked cute with a slight change to his style.

SONG choice, people! Blue Suede Shoes is something that the music teacher (no disrespect intended!) would pick for the school variety show!
Melissa_Ohio
Southwestern, OH
(Zone 6b)

January 20, 2011
9:34 PM

Post #8321663

Are we talking about IDOL this year?

So far, I am LOVING the new judges. But, I was already a big fan of both of them. :)

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

January 21, 2011
6:04 AM

Post #8321982

Hi Melissa, I started a 2011 thread.
Melissa_Ohio
Southwestern, OH
(Zone 6b)

January 21, 2011
5:39 PM

Post #8323214

Where is it Sally?

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

January 22, 2011
7:55 AM

Post #8324039

Here Melissa
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1150474/
I was being unreasonably rude and lazy not linking before ! So sorry!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Books, Movies, and TV Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Edgar Rice Burroughs: At the Earth's Core dave 8 Jul 12, 2007 7:54 AM
Harry Potter?? evelyn_inthegar 63 Feb 23, 2008 5:25 AM
Stephen King's Dark Tower gardenwife 40 Dec 20, 2010 9:34 PM
What's The Story With Johnny Appleseed? VGMKY 13 Jul 26, 2008 2:00 AM
Fictionwise FREE ebooks drop 4 May 28, 2007 3:39 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America