White Celosia spicata?

Chapel Hill, NC(Zone 7b)

Does anyone know where I can find seeds for a white C. spicata. I know it is in the Flamingo series, but don't remember the rest of the name. Those spicatas are so cool.

Thanks,
Clementine

(Daniel) Mount Orab, OH(Zone 6b)

I grew a very unusual pink/red one this year, I got labeled as 'Flamingo Feather'.>

Thumbnail by DMgardener
Chapel Hill, NC(Zone 7b)

Thank you, DMgardener. I know I can get seeds for Flamingo Feather from Johnny's Seeds, and possibly elsewhere too, but I saw the completely white one in a book and forgot to write down the name. Did you grow yours from seeds? Winter sown perhaps?

I hope someone else might chime in.

(Daniel) Mount Orab, OH(Zone 6b)

I just threw half a seed head in the ground in Early June and they were flowering like there was no tomorrow in just 2 months! LOL!!

I will try and find that White Celosia spicata...

Chapel Hill, NC(Zone 7b)

And I will be looking too, and when I find it I will let you know.
C.

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

Clementine, I have white that showed up among my Flamingo Feather reds, that reseed each year. I've been pilfering through my seeds, could have sworn I'd saved some from the white ones, but haven't run across them yet. If I do I'll let ya know and send you some.

Chapel Hill, NC(Zone 7b)

Hey, sage, that is awesome. I'd love to have some. I'll see if I have something to trade you.
Thanks a bunch.
C.

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

I'm still riffling through my seeds trying to find them, could have sworn I had saved some! The snow should be melting today (finally, above freezing for the first time this year!), and I'm going to see if any seed heads are still out there.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

William Dam Seeds (www.damseeds.com) have Flamingo Feather which is a pink & white bi-colored plume. They list it as a Wheat Celosia. spicata type.

Chapel Hill, NC(Zone 7b)

Haven't written in a long time, what with Christmas, sick, and lots of snow, cold and rain. I finally broke down and got seeds from Johnny's Seeds. They are WHEAT CELOSIA 'FLAMINGO FEATHER'. I'll be happy with them, the ones I saw in South Carolina were really outstanding (in more ways than one). I wonder whether I made a mistake when I thought that there was a purely white variety.

Thanks for thinking about this for me.
C.

Norfolk, VA(Zone 8a)

I have white, red and pink which reseeds each year. They are about 4 feet tall and are an insect magnet. Literally buzzing with swarms of bugs all day. For this reason it would be beneficial to plant them around the vegetables to draw in pollinators. I saved mixed seeds, so can offer them, but this year since I've joined Dave's I am going to do much more seed saving, and will save the separate colors.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images