Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Have no fear, Earthkind roses are here: Interesting

Communities > Forums > Article: Have no fear, Earthkind roses are here
bookmark
Forum: Article: Have no fear, Earthkind roses are hereReplies: 4, Views: 37
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
marti001
Somerset, KY
(Zone 6b)

January 6, 2010
5:09 AM

Post #7433503

As a rose lover I found this article interesting and informative. It helped me make up my mind about a few roses for my Zone6b garden.

I've always love Cecile Brunner climber. One nursery person told me that it only bloomed once and did not repeat bloom. The one I had in Calif repeated bloom until frost. Now I live in Kentucky and want another one for my yard here.
iris28
(dana)Owensboro, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 6, 2010
2:02 PM

Post #7434153

thanks... there is an everblooming cecile brunner cl. and a once bloomer . the cecile brunner in the article is the non climbing one . im not sure if the climbing one is a sport or not .. i have to check up on that. an example would be red eden and eden they have no relation parent wise but they have similar names. i think if it has cl after the name it is a sport.
marti001
Somerset, KY
(Zone 6b)

January 6, 2010
2:21 PM

Post #7434228

Thanks. Now I just have to find a reblooming Cecile brunner cl. I just love that rose. So neat and sweet looking. I had a miniature cecile brunner also, but left it in Calif as I could not fit anything more in my car when I moved out here.
iris28
(dana)Owensboro, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 6, 2010
2:31 PM

Post #7434279

i think chamblees has it ... i have 2 cecil brunner cl .. but im not sure if they are the everblooming.. i got them from chamblees and they are still young. so i have to look at the website to see if those are the ev. cecile b. cl . i cant access chamblees from this computer for some reason.. so ill check on the other later when dh quits playing the game
iris28
(dana)Owensboro, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 6, 2010
2:45 PM

Post #7434344

the only place that has the ev. cecile is heirloom.. it was introduced in 1996. the original was introduced in 1894 it has an occasional bloom later in the season. in cali its possible to have once bloomers repeat or to have occasional repeaters bloom more. in the zones with shorter growing season there is less of a chance so you may have had the original.
http://www.helpmefind.com/rose/l.php?l=2.891
everblooming
http://www.helpmefind.com/rose/l.php?l=2.2680&tab=1

This message was edited Jan 6, 2010 8:47 AM

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Have no fear, Earthkind roses are here Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Helpful and Encourging HoosierGreen 4 Jan 12, 2010 2:01 AM
This article is for the rose-averse vossner 2 Jan 11, 2010 1:45 AM
What about fragrance? 1973tr6 7 Jan 14, 2010 6:15 PM
Spice LeslieT 1 Jan 11, 2010 5:48 PM
A Good Place to Start Steve812 4 Jan 12, 2010 7:03 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America