Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
hatchedk
Godfrey, IL

January 8, 2010
9:45 PM

Post #7443095

Hi! My name is Karen and I am a board member of the CSA at La Vista in Godfrey, IL. We are in the unfortunate position of having no head farmer for the 2010 growing season. At the recommendation of another CSA, I am posting in attempt to spread the word about our CSA.
I hope this is an appropriate place to post this, if it is not, I apologize!

CSA Head Farmer
Head Farmer opportunity to begin 8th season at a vibrant CSA located on the bluffs of the Mississippi River in Godfrey, Illinois on the fringe of the St. Louis metro area. Our CSA has grown over the last seven years to a current membership of 135 full shares. Our mission includes contributing a percentage of our produce to low-income families and local pantries.

We have 4+ irrigated acres with barn, greenhouse, office and well-maintained equipment. The farm produces around 65 different vegetables, flowers, herbs and strawberries using sustainable growing methods.

The Head farmer is responsible for planning, growing, marketing and educating the community with volunteer assistance from shareholders and committees. Our CSA is Board governed and has an active volunteer and supportive membership. We are seeking a skilled farmer with supervisory experience to work with paid assistants and/or farm apprentices.

The right applicant will be ready to join our community and step into this full time, year long, head farming position practicing organic farming methods. Competitive salary and full benefits package offered. Contact Danette Watt at dwatt33@hotmail.com or 618-467-8827. Visit http://www.lavistacsa.org for pictures and more information.

This thread has 4 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. Take a tour of our site and learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!

Other Market Growers Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Sat., June 21 Markets CountryGardens 40 Oct 5, 2010 5:25 AM
Odor-free Bone Meal? Will wildlife still uproot plants? PlanterRik 8 Jun 24, 2009 2:31 PM
Question on growing food for sale (organic) hczone6 28 Oct 1, 2007 7:52 PM
water melons,cantaloupes CricketsGarden 8 Sep 1, 2007 8:39 PM
Backyard nursery TXSWETIE 183 Jul 2, 2007 9:13 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America