Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Tropical Zone Gardening: in mourning

Communities > Forums > Tropical Zone Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Tropical Zone GardeningReplies: 15, Views: 214
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
westraad
Xai Xai
Mozambique

January 10, 2010
5:55 AM

Post #7447894

this week our very precious 13 year old dog died. it looks like her liver stopped working, and we did all we coud, but she was suffering so much so we put her to sleep. we loved her so much, she was such a sweet dog! we got her when I was 3 years old, so she was always part of my life. I miss her terribly. I am writing from my celphone because our internet is off. when its n again i'l post a picture of her. I know many of yu are also dog lovers and will understand.
isaac
Braveheartsmom
Hillsborough , NC
(Zone 7a)

January 10, 2010
7:27 AM

Post #7447996

Oh Isaac! I am so very sorry for your loss. I know just how bad you feel right now and how much you are missing her.

I send my love,

Jenn
tropicbreeze
noonamah
Australia

January 10, 2010
11:43 AM

Post #7448090

Sorry to hear that Isaac. But 13 is pretty well a lifetime for some dogs. Treasure your memories. Life is a journey. You'll meet and part with many travel companions on your way. When I wasn't much older than you I met an old man in the outback who left me with this thought, "We meet to part, and we part to meet again". It's stuck in my mind ever since.
LouC
Desoto, TX
(Zone 8a)

January 10, 2010
2:11 PM

Post #7448282

Oh, dear Isaac. We do indeed understand. I had to put down my Hannah of 16+ years and I should have done it long before. It is a merciful thing for an animal. In my long years I have had many dogs. Realized one day that their average lifespan is about 10-12 years. In the normal course of things, I will have more animals should I live that long. Currently, I have an 8 year old Schi -Tzu and a 2 year old Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. We always have 2 dogs and they seem to overlap the loss of another. It still hurts and you will miss your companion for a long time. You might consider a puppy and start the adventure anew. (((((((((((((hugs)))))))))

Christi

Jenn, still thinking of you.

meadowyck

meadowyck
Brooksville, FL
(Zone 9a)

January 10, 2010
2:31 PM

Post #7448314

Isaac

you have come to the right place many of us have been through what you are now experiencing.

I lost my beloved Blessing last February to liver cancer and her mother, Acacia one week later. Now Blessing half sister and Acacia's other daughter Sarah isn't doing well... Oh the joys and sorrows of life.

You will never forget your companion and friend and the memories are wonderful for that

But know you are in the company of those who totally understand your pain.

I'm sorry you are having to experience this part of life.

Janet
Susie2
Brazoria, TX
(Zone 9b)

January 10, 2010
10:48 PM

Post #7449673

I totally understand, as I lost my beloved cujo due to liver failure after 14 years of constant companionship. He will never be forgotten and always missed but we have so many good memories with and of him. It was 5 years prior to that our daughter died of JD and he was her pride and joy. It took us 2 years before we could even think of having another dog. We rescued a tiny chihuahua 3 years ago and will not go anywhere without him. Once a dog lover, always...To this day,DH and I still think of him and all of the beautiful memories we have but are now making more loving memories of the newest addition.
I love the thought from tropicbreeze. My daughter has now met up once again with her companion and we are on another journey with our newest.
My condolences and best wishes...
Susie
Molamola
Christiansted, VI
(Zone 11)

January 11, 2010
6:40 AM

Post #7450796

So sorry. I understand, having lost my dear pet some years ago. I still miss him.

And I hope to see him again!
balaitalisai
Pasig City
Philippines

January 11, 2010
9:45 AM

Post #7450908

Hi isaac,

I am sorry for the loss of your dear dog...My male whippet is also sick of dog flu and is in bed for rest and to keep warm.
I know exactly how you feel...

Odette

Thumbnail by balaitalisai
Click the image for an enlarged view.

katiebear
mulege
Mexico

January 11, 2010
4:00 PM

Post #7451722

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. While you will probably always miss him I hope the pain of his death will pass soon, leaving you with the good memories.

love,
katie
Texasgal77
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9a)

January 11, 2010
5:15 PM

Post #7452025

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I will be praying for you.

Jeanne
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

January 12, 2010
1:11 AM

Post #7453533

Sorry to hear about your dog passing. At least you helped her go peacefully.
westraad
Xai Xai
Mozambique

January 15, 2010
6:48 PM

Post #7464666

thank you so much for your prayer and support, you are all so sweet.
We miss peanut a lot, but we know it was her time to go. sometimes i forget she is gone and get ready to get her food, and then i remember. for the last three years she has been constantly living on painkillers, as she hurt her back. most people would have put her to sleep a long time ago, but we never could. i still miss her, and i hope to see her again.
i would have gotten another dog to help fill the void, but my mom absolutely refuses because she says she doesn't want to have another dog die again. in the last two years we had lost 4 dogs, 2 of them were hers, so it was pretty rough on her. we still have 4 dogs, so i am glad for them. one is a Jack Russell, 12 years old and the picture of health. i hope she will be around for a while. the other small dog is not a year old yet, and is a terror! then i have two large dogs outside, and i love them both a lot.
below is a picture of our beloved Peanut, she will always be remembered by us, her family.
isaac

Thumbnail by westraad
Click the image for an enlarged view.

rjuddharrison
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

January 18, 2010
6:54 AM

Post #7472189

Sorry to hear that Isaac, they are our family!
westraad
Xai Xai
Mozambique

January 19, 2010
4:04 PM

Post #7476117

Thanks Randy, they are indeed!
CindyLynne
West Palm Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

January 21, 2010
5:02 PM

Post #7482070

Im so sorry for your loss, ours pets sweet souls only bless our lives for such a short period of time, and bring so much love and laughter to us.

Cindy
westraad
Xai Xai
Mozambique

January 24, 2010
1:01 PM

Post #7490985

Thank you so much Cindy! we miss her, but are starting to adjust without her.
isaac

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Tropical Zone Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome! Terry 92 May 31, 2007 7:56 PM
Gardening In AUSTRALIA . Way Way South ! ginger749 170 Dec 6, 2012 8:33 PM
Fern erradication AlohaHoya 85 May 12, 2009 2:37 AM
plants - I promise! Islandshari 23 May 28, 2007 11:33 PM
dead bees on young crape myrtles tab2 5 Oct 31, 2009 3:58 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America