Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
iloveperennials
Rochester, NY

January 11, 2010
1:02 PM

Post #7451138

I like you! You sound like my kind of woman...so, you're in Western NY..whereabouts? I'm in Rochester.
Kathleen
Panama, NY
(Zone 5a)

January 11, 2010
2:13 PM

Post #7451328

The farthest southwest corner in Chautauqua County - land of lake snows, although this week we seem to be in for a break of sorts.
Browser
Belfast, ME

January 11, 2010
2:48 PM

Post #7451465

Well, I thought I was the only one who felt this way! I live in Mid Coast Maine, after living 13 yrs in the upper Peninsula of Michigan. I'm an Oregon tho, rain is my winter, i can handle that. Tulips are up in March,then daffodils, then the Camilla bush blooms, oh how I love Camilla's.These days and months of end of cold, cold,cold drive me nuts, depress me no end because I'm a diabetic and can't eat a whole pie at one time. (like anyone does). And I don't go out till the temp reaches 35 degrees, minimum. My dogs just wait for dad to get home to get them out.
So too have sewing projects, quilting projects and housekeeping projects, but where, oh where is the energy to do them.
So glad to know I"m not the only one, maybe there's tons of us out there.
Hang in there, I know spring's coming, the landlord told me so!
Kathleen
Panama, NY
(Zone 5a)

January 11, 2010
2:57 PM

Post #7451486

lol, join the crowd - we're out here, just mostly quiet until spring and then who wants to comment on winter? Spring will come, really.
gardeningmaniac
Rockport, MA

January 13, 2010
3:10 AM

Post #7457187

Oh can I relate!! Something inside me snapped this winter and I have decided I can no longer take it! I am actually grateful for the winter rest from gardening but the dark, cold and snow totally crush my spirit. There are people (like my husband) who love winter but NOT ME!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Winter Blues Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
I can relate Dutchlady1 15 Jan 11, 2010 3:23 PM
thank you backspace 15 Jan 14, 2010 3:55 AM
Winter Blues grisaille 1 Feb 5, 2008 12:45 AM
Excellent! KyWoods 3 Jan 11, 2010 7:16 PM
Winter Dollykat 1 Jan 11, 2010 2:34 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America