Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Have no fear, Earthkind roses are here: Spice

Communities > Forums > Article: Have no fear, Earthkind roses are here
bookmark
Forum: Article: Have no fear, Earthkind roses are hereReplies: 1, Views: 10
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
LeslieT
Bellaire, TX

January 11, 2010
5:32 PM

Post #7452085

I've grown most of these roses in Houston and was one of the Texas rose growers polled for recommendations for EarthKind roses years ago. One point I'd like to make about Spice is that it will bloom in partial shade. I'm growing one under a Live Oak Tree that has been pruned up. The bush does get some south and western sun, but it's close to the tree and has to contend with the oak's roots as well. It's amazingly healthy and full of blooms. I've never seen any disease on it.
Leslie
iris28
(dana)Owensboro, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 11, 2010
5:48 PM

Post #7452149

thanks thats something rose growers are always looking at: will it take some shade? it s important because there are roseaholics that have used every bit of full sun and have to move into the shade some lol

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Have no fear, Earthkind roses are here Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Interesting marti001 4 Jan 6, 2010 2:45 PM
Helpful and Encourging HoosierGreen 4 Jan 12, 2010 2:01 AM
This article is for the rose-averse vossner 2 Jan 11, 2010 1:45 AM
What about fragrance? 1973tr6 7 Jan 14, 2010 6:15 PM
A Good Place to Start Steve812 4 Jan 12, 2010 7:03 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America