Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: Old-Fashioned Parlor Plants: Plants in Historical films.

Communities > Forums > Article: Old-Fashioned Parlor Plants
bookmark
Forum: Article: Old-Fashioned Parlor PlantsReplies: 1, Views: 4
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
prestonpaints
Charlotte, NC
(Zone 7b)

January 13, 2010
12:52 AM

Post #7456815

When I watch period movies or television shows I always look to see what house plants the crew has put in the mis en scene. This article has offered some insight into that fascination of mine. Which plants are period appropriate and which don't belong, always a point of conversation as with any detail in a film setting. Particularly in the TV show MAD MEN, I wonder if they are getting the right plants at the right time? I see a lot of Ficus std. and pothos topiary.

gwen21

gwen21
Gurnee, IL
(Zone 5b)

January 13, 2010
2:21 PM

Post #7457927

You've brought up some very interesting thoughts! I always try to identify the plants in old photographs, but I don't think I've been as alert when it comes to television or movies-- I will be paying attention to those details from now on!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Old-Fashioned Parlor Plants Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
abutilon? carrielamont 4 Jan 4, 2010 10:27 PM
Aspidistra Nickseed 1 Jan 4, 2010 5:21 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America