Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Article: Winter Blues: Winter blues in Texas

Communities > Forums > Article: Winter Blues
bookmark
Forum: Article: Winter BluesReplies: 0, Views: 19
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Zone8Gardener
San Antonio, TX

January 14, 2010
7:46 AM

Post #7460590

Your winter blues story cheered me up tonight after crying all day upon finding my little parakeet dead in her cage. She was elderly and probably died a natural death, but it was very sad. About the winter blues - fortunately, my husband was willing to move away from Minnesota to a warmer and sunnier place. MN was gray and dreary most of the winter and the cold was unbearable for my asthma. Texas can be dreary too in winter, but without the cold and snow. The bad thing here is that peonies and lilacs don't grow well so I live without them. To wake up our winter landscape, I plant things that have red winter color, but there are also many things that stay green all year, so there are always things to see and always signs of life such as buds ready to sprout on the rose bushes and blueberry bushes in January. Someone once said that to garden is to have hope (or faith in the future?). It's true. As for cleaning projects, we all have these challenges and understand. Too much stuff and will it ever be used? If I can't find a place to store it, it goes.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Winter Blues Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
I can relate Dutchlady1 15 Jan 11, 2010 3:23 PM
thank you backspace 15 Jan 14, 2010 3:55 AM
Winter Blues grisaille 1 Feb 5, 2008 12:45 AM
Excellent! KyWoods 3 Jan 11, 2010 7:16 PM
Winter Dollykat 1 Jan 11, 2010 2:34 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America