Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Photo Editing Fun - Page 22

Palo Alto, CA(Zone 9a)

Ok, folks, this is a continuation of this thread:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1059903/

More photo editing fun, anyone?

How about a winter tree kaleido with rainbow effect?

Thumbnail by Jubilada
Palo Alto, CA(Zone 9a)

I hate to admit how many hours I took to do this project (with the help of some instructions, of course). Spent some hair-pulling moments, but I think it almost looks real. (The wood surface is one of my husband's work benches, and the graphic is a scanned art nouveau butterfuly stencil.)

Thumbnail by Jubilada
Memphis, TN

Thanks for the new thread, Jubilada. Before I clicked on your image, I thought it was a microscopic look at an eyeball. You really gave those winter trees some life there! Great color capture.

In response to TAR's suggestion on the previous thread, I use PSP primarily but also dabble with an older version of PhotoShop. I'm not sure what I have that others would be interested in, but through the years I have collected maybe a couple of hundred background tiles that are compatible with PSP that I could share. Those are always helpful and I have lots of colors and styles. They can be used for making frames, borders or backdrops. Here's something I did some time back with one of them (wood).

Let me know, anyone.

Thumbnail by HelloMissMary
Memphis, TN

Jubi, I am so so SO impressed with that! What an authentic-looking piece of art! Your hair will grow back.

Kingston, OK(Zone 7a)

Nice work. Love the wood things. Have lots of background wood and lots of frames. Jubi just had to try your butterfly. HOW DID YOU DO IT.
Anyway here is one that is raised on top of the wood. LOL Like yours much better.

Thumbnail by TARogers5
Kingston, OK(Zone 7a)

Made the CD for all wanting to participate. E-mail me your Address
Example of plug in and a cutout of a ship that is on it.

This message was edited Jan 16, 2010 4:58 PM

Thumbnail by TARogers5
Memphis, TN

Another example of background tiles -- both the frame and the "wall" were done using them.

Kingston, OK(Zone 7a)

Mary they do give it a nice look. Would be nice to add to a CD.

Memphis, TN

If anyone is interested, let me know. I've used them for PowerPoint slideshows, too. They make nice backgrounds or can be used to fill areas, such as borders as well.

Palo Alto, CA(Zone 9a)

Miss Mary, I think I'd be interested ... I do some power point stuff now and then, and I bet they'd easily translate to PhotoShop as well ...

TAR, I'd tell you how I did that in PhotoShop but it probably wouldn't mean much. I tried to approximate it in PSP, with only nominally successful results ... as you can see. I used layers, made the butterfly layer "darken" at 90 opacity, and added some 3-D effects (chisel, cutout and inner bevel) and finished off by doing an unsharp mask on the whole thing, and then as an afterthought added a light source. If you're interested in the "precise" adjustments and numbers, I'd be happy to tell you ... but you might do just as well fiddling around on your own ...

Thumbnail by Jubilada
Kingston, OK(Zone 7a)

Mary I would be interested.
Jubi I agree with you PSP will not do it.
Photo I used Redfield software free version.
Same as above using ripples on the photo and frame.

This message was edited Jan 16, 2010 8:09 PM

Thumbnail by TARogers5
Memphis, TN

TAR, that's excellent!

Palo Alto, CA(Zone 9a)

So, TAR, would your CD include the "Redfield software free version," and does that only work with PSP?

Kingston, OK(Zone 7a)

Yes and it is a photoshop or PSP plug in.
If you want to download it direct and more http://www.redfieldplugins.com/Downloads.htm

Palo Alto, CA(Zone 9a)

Thanks for the link, TAR!

Memphis, TN

MoMo is anxious for some signs of Spring.

TAR, this frame was made using one of the free backgrounds on the link you provided. Thanks.

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Whew, you all are working way over my head these days, super stuff. Not sure what it is you are discussing sharing on CD, but sure I wouldn't have anything of much interest as I am not too advanced in techniques and have all I can do to figure out what I have on hand lol!
Those wood works are really good. Must say that Steve and I actually do woodworking and I thought it was something you had chiseled at first look!

Palo Alto, CA(Zone 9a)

TAR, those Redfield plugins are WAY fun ... I used one of them to make a tile to make this frame ... many possibilities ... just what I need, more ways to fritter away time ... thanks again!

Thumbnail by Jubilada
Memphis, TN

Some of them are really nice, aren't they? I really like the fractals on that site but it isn't (of course) freeware.

Palo Alto, CA(Zone 9a)

Here's something using one of the "ripples" filters from Redfield ... let's say it's Consuelo "pond"ers the tree ...

Thumbnail by Jubilada
Kingston, OK(Zone 7a)

Now we are on the roll again. LOL My fault Huh?
I had to play too.

Thumbnail by TARogers5
Palo Alto, CA(Zone 9a)

Oh, Wow TAR, that's absolutely outlandish! Fabulous!

Memphis, TN

Great one, TAR. Was that done using the fractal plugin?

Kingston, OK(Zone 7a)

Ya that was the one. On a dark photo you can clone out what you dont want. DEMO
Sure can mess up a good photol LOL

Thumbnail by TARogers5
Memphis, TN

What a hoot!

Kingston, OK(Zone 7a)

Mary I give you your cat.

Thumbnail by TARogers5
Palo Alto, CA(Zone 9a)

Totally cool, TAR. So you bought the fractal plugin, eh? It's mighty tempting!

Kingston, OK(Zone 7a)

:No I did not buy yet. Thinking about it though. I used the clone tool to remove the demo signs.

If you want to buy look at this page. http://www.flickr.com/groups/redfieldfractalius/discuss/72157609848179506/

20% OFF

This message was edited Jan 18, 2010 8:39 PM

Memphis, TN

TAR, that's about what MoMo looks like after camping out for a while under the bed!!!

Kingston, OK(Zone 7a)

Morning fun

Thumbnail by TARogers5
Kingston, OK(Zone 7a)

Afternoon fun.

Got my discount code from Redfield this morning. That was fast.

This message was edited Jan 19, 2010 6:30 AM

Thumbnail by TARogers5
Kingston, OK(Zone 7a)

I got it 20% off
A quick Black and white of your photo

Thumbnail by TARogers5
Palo Alto, CA(Zone 9a)

Well, that's pretty unusual, TAR! Thanks for the info and the link. I'm tempted, but still thinking ... just how much more ammunition do I need in my arsenal of time frittering devices? Hmmmmm ......

Kingston, OK(Zone 7a)

Mybe this will tempt you. LOL

Thumbnail by TARogers5
Kingston, OK(Zone 7a)

This is the before photo

Thumbnail by TARogers5
Kingston, OK(Zone 7a)

L:ast take on the Pagoda

Thumbnail by TARogers5
Palo Alto, CA(Zone 9a)

Well, TAR, that looks so interesting and entertaining ... but I'm going to resist for the time being ...

Kingston, OK(Zone 7a)

But you can do more. LOL
Check out the differance it can make on a normal photo.
Not counting the sky.

Thumbnail by TARogers5
Memphis, TN

I just used a sepia filter on this one and took the whites to the nth degree.

Palo Alto, CA(Zone 9a)

Miss Mary, that's VERY nice! Like that sparkly water and the sepia subtlety.

TAR, I don't think that Fractalus is exactly my cup of tea ... prefer the Plastoid and Texturization3D ...

Example using the Plastoid for framing effect ...

Thumbnail by Jubilada

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.