Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: The Medlar - Strange Fruit, What's Inside of You?: wonderful article

Communities > Forums > Article: The Medlar - Strange Fruit, What's Inside of You?
bookmark
Forum: Article: The Medlar - Strange Fruit, What's Inside of You?Replies: 1, Views: 8
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
thatswho
Endicott, NY
(Zone 5a)

January 18, 2010
6:12 PM

Post #7473323

Thanks for the intro to this interesting fruit. At 68, I thought there were no more surprises in temperate zone food plants for me. It is now on my list of trees I would like to plant.

And congratulations on your permaculture project!

My sister is founder and director of the Eco-Home Network. You may already know of her, because her place is in Los Angeles. Eco-Home™ is an on-going living research center that demonstrates ecological living in an urban environment. In addition to a vegetable garden, she grows more than 28 fruit and nut trees in her yard. http://www.ecohome.org/pages/index.html
You, and other readers, may find the site, library, and links, of interest. ...Harriet
AYankeeCat
Fairfield County, CT
(Zone 6b)

January 18, 2010
7:18 PM

Post #7473525

I got my tree through Raintree Nursery and is just as carefree as a fruit tree can be. It is grafted onto (I think) a quince rootstock and I keep trying not to let the quince grow along with it.:) I found it a book of unusual fruits and since I only have a tiny, tiny lot I couldn't put in many trees so I tried the medlar because it stays small. I am happy with my choice. I will check out your sister's site.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: The Medlar - Strange Fruit, What's Inside of You? Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Amazing! doccat5 18 Feb 6, 2008 4:00 AM
excellent! gradinar 0 Feb 9, 2008 8:06 PM
They Taste Lovely! NEILMUIR1 4 Jan 15, 2010 5:43 PM
You answered one question. ceejaytown 4 Jan 16, 2010 2:55 AM
Mushy and Fruity But Good oikostreecrops 0 Jan 18, 2010 1:57 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America