Barn Faces

(Zone 5a)

A little winter fun. I'd love to see your faces

Thumbnail by billyporter
Savannah, MO(Zone 5b)

Love to see these old barns and often wonder about their history, construction, storms they've experienced, the owners, etc. Billy these are awesome old barns.......... The wood that barns were constructed of too is interesting. Old barn wood is so cool. Glad to find your thread!!
Cuckoo

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

I'm glad you started this thread, Sally. It will be interesting to see if you get the same kind of comments on your barn photo here as you did over on the weather thread! LOL I have a couple of pictures of old barns but they don't have "faces"
on them because the loft doors were closed.

Deep East Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

I've often thought those to look like faces with shocked expressions and love that! Thanks for sharing your photos. None in this area but hope to see more. pod

Richmond, TX

Around here even the old barns are boring. No imagination.

(Zone 5a)

Hi, Cuckoo! Always nice to see you! Thanks!

Thanks Marsue, we may have to go to show me your barns if no one else has any with faces.

Howdy Podster! Nice to see you too! Keep looking!!

Porkpal, I looked thru all my photos and this was the only face I had, and I just got this one the other day. I made DH stop so I could take it!

I hope everyone keeps a look out. Old barns are neat and there aren't many left.

Richmond, TX

I'll keep looking and hoping.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

I do have a photo of an old barn in my area. I never thought of it as having a "face" but when I went back and looked at it, I suppose you could say it does have a face of sorts. Since I took this photo, the barn has started leaning somewhat so it could be saying: "Help me, I'm falling!"

Thumbnail by marsue
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I think it's yawning, Marilyn. With one eye is open, and the other one closing. 'Night-night, Barn!

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

LOL, Marylyn--you may be right!!

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Either that or he's yelling, "Get these creepers off me!"

I think these doors look like two men wearing derby hats. "Cheerio, old chap!" (No, in case you are wondering, that is not a typical CA barn in any way.)

This message was edited Jan 21, 2010 12:22 PM

Thumbnail by Kelli

"Oh, my. The hitching post is falling down again. Oh, well." (This is a typical CA barn.)

Thumbnail by Kelli

"Ooo! Ooo! Here they come! Is that new roofing material in the back of the truck?"

Thumbnail by Kelli
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

LOL at your captions, Kelli! I think that first barn is the nicest barn I have ever seen--including the derby hats! :o))

This is one of my favorite barns. It is on Hwy 65 just north of Marshall, AR. Everytime I drive up to my daughter's house in Harrison, AR, I really enjoy looking at this barn. When they bale the hay and the meadow around it is full of round bales of hay, it is really a pretty scene. So far I haven't been able to get a photo of the barn with hay around it because there is usually too much traffic for me to slow down enough to take a picture.

Oops--I forgot to add the caption: "Oh, this grass is tickling my feet!"

This message was edited Jan 21, 2010 5:15 PM

Thumbnail by marsue
(Zone 5a)

Marsue and Kelli, I love your barns and captions! All are unique!

And I was afraid no one was going to find any pictures to add.

Gloucester County, VA(Zone 7b)

My picture is a newer barn (only 29 years old) and still being actively used as a horse barn.....
My quote: How do you like my "Pom Poms" as I cheer... more snow... rah rah rah!
My translation, more work Boo Hoo Hoo!

It was an attractive snow this weekend... but I'm ready for it to be gone!

Thumbnail by nini1953
(Zone 5a)

Nini1953, I love your quote! I love all old ''looking'' barns and your's are nice!

Laceys Spring, AL(Zone 7a)

I love old barns. Saw this one near Delphos OH last summer when we were there for my husband's class reunion. It seems to be loudly singing, "God bless America, land that I love. Stand beside her and guide her...."

Thumbnail by OutsidePlaying

This is the other side of the barn. Someone told us the owner painted it for Ohio's bicentennial a few years back and has kept it up.

Thumbnail by OutsidePlaying
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Wow, that is a beautiful barn! The owner has done a great job of maintaining it.

Savannah, MO(Zone 5b)

Red is always a favorite color of mine for a barn. Calendars often have red barns or sheds that are captured in pictures with lots of green crops and animals near the barns. l do like all of these barn pictures above and the curving roofs on some of them. we have an Amish built barn in our area that is a few years old that is very large and simple out of this world. It is privately owned.
Cuckoo

Do you have a picture of it? I'd like to see it even if it doesn't have a "face".

Savannah, MO(Zone 5b)

Hi Kelli! No I don't have one but I do have connections to the owner and I've seen and been in it. It's so cool I wish I could live in part of it!! I will be in it late this spring(May) and will have my camera and extra new batteries with me. It has the wooden pins, loft, ladders, etc.
Cuckoo

(Zone 5a)

OutsidePlaying, I got behind while we were waiting for new computers. Those are beautiful barns, and well kept! I love the paintings they do on them now.

Cuckoo, red is the best color! Old barn board is my second favorite. I would love to see photos of the barn too!!

I look at every barn we come across, but no more faces. Feel free to post any neat barn, face or not.

How about ''Barn No More''

Thumbnail by billyporter
Savannah, MO(Zone 5b)

Billy....That old barn is painted brightly with "Frosty White"! That would be a hard one to match up at a paint store. Many old barns were used to panel basements and dens and the weathered paint and native woods of oak, walnut, etc. would show through almost like a work of art(depth, texture, colors, etc.)only the artist here was nature.
Cuckoo

(Zone 5a)

There is nothing prettier than weathered barn board. It goes for a high price around here.

Richmond, TX

That barn has a face - a sad face.

(Zone 5a)

Oh my gosh Porkpal, I didn't even see it. Awwww, poor little barn.

(Zone 5a)

More old barns

Thumbnail by billyporter
(Zone 5a)

Both barns aren't too far from town.

Thumbnail by billyporter
(Zone 5a)

Plenty of windows, LOL!

Thumbnail by billyporter
(Zone 5a)

I love the paint showing on this one.

Thumbnail by billyporter
(Zone 5a)

This one is unusual.

Thumbnail by billyporter
(Zone 5a)

Another face. I think he's worried about the hole in his "hat"

Thumbnail by billyporter
Richmond, TX

Great pictures of cool old barns!

Enjoyed the new pictures!

(Zone 5a)

Thank You!

I'm suprised there aren't a lot of barns being posted. I love each one for what it is.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

good photos, BP! Love the "worried barn" LOL

(Zone 5a)

Thanks, I did too! But I didn't know it till I got home and unloaded the camera, LOL!

The front.

Thumbnail by billyporter
(Zone 5a)

On the same farm.

This message was edited Jun 28, 2010 5:38 AM

Thumbnail by billyporter

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images