Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Texas Gardening: Bulk Seeds in Houston??

Communities > Forums > Texas Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Texas GardeningReplies: 8, Views: 63
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

January 21, 2010
10:33 PM

Post #7483126

Hi! Do any Houstonians know where I can buy some flowers seeds in bulk? We have an event happening on Saturday and I ordered a bunch of seeds to divide into little packets for "party favors" - but they aren't going to get here in time. Rats!!

The bulk seeds at Lowes and Home Depot are 85% walnut hulls, so that won't work...

I tried Covington's (which is nearby.) They suggested Wabash, who seemed insulted that I would even suggest such a thing. (rolling eyes...) Any other ideas??
Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

January 23, 2010
1:52 AM

Post #7487017

Nothing, huh? bummer...
dgal
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9a)

January 23, 2010
3:03 AM

Post #7487246

Sorry for the non-reply, but I'm clueless. No wisecracks now. Hope to see you and other DG'ers from the Houston area sometime. I am just east of you in Baytown. I've been reading about a Roundup that happens each Spring, so maybe there will be one around here.

Don
Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

January 23, 2010
3:46 AM

Post #7487343

Hi, Don! We haven't had an RU in Houston for quite some time. It would be fun to do that again. :-)
dgal
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9a)

January 23, 2010
4:10 AM

Post #7487403

That would be great. I would love to meet everyone and be able to associate a face with a name. I just saw a quote on here that fits me to a tee. It said, "I'm and old man, but a young gardener". I am retired now, but busier than when I was working, but I am determined to get a garden in the ground this Spring. I have a fish pond and plan to water with the pond water. I'm told the nutrients in that water are great for plants.

Don
1lisac
Liberty Hill, TX
(Zone 8a)

January 23, 2010
4:33 PM

Post #7488577

That's a really good idea for party favors. Next time you may want to try www.wildseedfarms.com in Fredricksburg, TX
Just a thought
Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

January 23, 2010
11:32 PM

Post #7489676

I ordered the seeds from another place (I'll keep Wild Seed Farms in mind for the next time - thanks, Lisa!), but they didn't get here in time, so I was hoping for a local alternative where I could get some quickly. Oh, well... The event went just fine, and we'll use the seeds at the next one. :-)
AJNTEXAS
Beaumont, TX
(Zone 9a)

January 24, 2010
12:00 AM

Post #7489731

Native American Seeds is a good source for native wildflowerseeds. http://www.seedsource.com/
Fast shipping and excellent customer service. I e-mailed questions a couple of times and had a response within minutes.
Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

January 24, 2010
1:39 AM

Post #7489977

Thanks AJ!

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Texas Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
who grows peonies in houston area? vossner 20 Jun 18, 2012 7:58 PM
Texas Invasives List PvillePlanter 18 Mar 14, 2014 5:34 PM
Anyone Up For A Chat? dstartz 29 Jun 30, 2007 5:44 PM
DGrs in SW houston vossner 5 Dec 29, 2013 2:55 PM
Mock Orange in a big pot? mkjones 21 Aug 15, 2011 1:29 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America