-
AuthorContent
jomoncon
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 9a)

January 25, 2010
3:34 AM

Post #7493532

Today, I cooked a boneless leg of lamb that came out delicious. This was my first one - my DH & I just wanted something we hadn't had before. It was about 4 pounds, and after DH & I ate, and I brought a plate to an elderly neighbor, we have more than half left over.

Other than making sandwiches, how else can I use the leftovers? Can I treat it as I would leftover beef? Or is it more like pork or chicken?

Jo-Ann
AlohaHoya
Keaau, HI
(Zone 11)

January 25, 2010
5:24 AM

Post #7493855

Left over lamb goes really well with stronger spices as it has a good flavor. Curries are my favorite way to use lamb!!!
luv2wok
Dutchess Counnty, NY
(Zone 5a)

January 26, 2010
2:40 PM

Post #7498321

Hello Jo-Ann, Do you make fried rice? If yes, make curried lamb fried rice, lamb and curry go very well together.

greenhouse_gal

greenhouse_gal
Southern NJ
United States
(Zone 7a)

January 28, 2010
12:51 AM

Post #7503572

We like curry with lamb. Sometimes I just use the Near East Mediterranean Curry rice and then add small chunks of lamb with peas, carrot slices, and maybe some zucchini and broccoli, or you can start with plain or brown rice and just add the flavors.

If I only have a small amount of lamb I often make Scotch Broth, which is a soup with lamb and barley. That's really good, too. We love lamb.
NEILMUIR1
London
United Kingdom

January 28, 2010
11:06 AM

Post #7504557

Dear jomoncon, why not make a shepherds pie, that is the classic for leftover lamb.
A lot of recipes tell you to use fresh lamb, but that is not the traditional way to do this at all.
It was made from the leftover lamb from Sunday dinner, and the vegetables.
You simply mince the lamb that is left up; fry some onions till they are soft, add things like cooked carrots (chopped up), some stock, herbs and garlic.
Then put that it all in an oven proof dish. Boil some potato's and mash them with butter, and simply put that over the top of the meat and veg.
With a fork make some lines all over the top of the potato's and place in the oven at 400F, until the potato's are nice and brown.
There is thousands of recipes for this on the internet, but the proper way is to use the leftover meat!
Regards.
Neil.

outdoorsman1
Burbank, CA

February 1, 2010
10:28 PM

Post #7519798

I think making it with curry sounds best!!!!!!! It is just so delicious. Let us know how it comes out if you decided to do it this way :)

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Cooking Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Cooking Questions Answered MistyMeadows 385 Dec 3, 2009 5:25 AM
Classic Cooking Answers`& Advice TwinLakesChef 8 Mar 9, 2010 4:23 PM
Memorable kitchen mishaps McCool 81 Jul 25, 2007 4:28 AM
Kraft Food's "Food & Family" magazine... WUVIE 20 Apr 2, 2009 3:09 PM
Wanted: No Fail Sponge Recipe leelovespigs 45 Dec 2, 2009 6:08 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America