Photo by Melody

Article: The Petrified Forest National Park: Frozen Forever in Sparkling Stone.: Best time of the year to visit?

Communities > Forums > Article: The Petrified Forest National Park: Frozen Forever in Sparkling Stone.
bookmark
Forum: Article: The Petrified Forest National Park: Frozen Forever in Sparkling Stone.Replies: 1, Views: 7
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
WayneandSandy
Hollywood, FL

January 25, 2010
2:33 PM

Post #7494599

Great story and would love to see it myself. What is the best time of year to visit here temperature wise. I know it can get quite hot in that region.

Wayne
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

January 25, 2010
3:59 PM

Post #7494981

I'm glad you're thinking of heading out that way. Photos can't convey the beauty of the SouthWest.

If you don't want hot, you have to go in winter.. we were there in mid-spring, and I'm pretty sure it was over 90'... summer of course is hotter yet. There are a lot of easy walkways, though, so even in more brutal heat you can get around to the main areas; just keep drinking your water! :-)

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: The Petrified Forest National Park: Frozen Forever in Sparkling Stone. Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
wood irisMA 12 Jan 23, 2010 1:39 AM
petrified wood marti001 7 Jan 23, 2010 1:38 AM
Loved my Trip MitchF 1 Jan 23, 2010 1:36 AM
Petrified Forest national Park mcash70 1 Jan 23, 2010 1:34 AM
A rare subject Noturf 1 Jan 25, 2010 4:00 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America