Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Scallions from sets or seeds: Wonderful article!

Communities > Forums > Article: Scallions from sets or seeds
bookmark
Forum: Article: Scallions from sets or seedsReplies: 1, Views: 6
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
GardenSue777
Moyie Springs, ID

January 25, 2010
7:21 PM

Post #7495721

I enjoyed this article. I live in North Idaho (Zone 4) and LOVE green onions! I have grown Evergreen Hardy White here for several years...left in the garden over winter. It continues to grow into a larger clump every year. I grow a white top setting onion purchased from Abundant Daylilies and Perennials with great success... this produces abundant green onions and bulbs multiply. I harvest bulbs in August and replant bulbs in late Sept. and mulch with pine needles over winter. My Egyptian onions are trimmed to ground level after cutting off topsets and the young sprouts produced at ground level make excellent green onions. My yellow potato onions are always small here...
I will try White Spear Bunching & Deep Purple Bunching in Spring.
It is worthwhile to extend this green onion harvest!

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

January 26, 2010
2:48 PM

Post #7498349

Glad you enjoyed the article even though you sound quite knowledgeable already. Thanks for your added information!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Scallions from sets or seeds Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Timely! Hineni 20 Mar 17, 2009 9:08 PM
And . . . Potagere 26 Jan 26, 2010 3:05 PM
Composted scallions began growing annie_appleseed 1 Mar 17, 2009 2:22 PM
Already Grow Scallions asim_nawaz 1 Mar 19, 2009 2:21 PM
How do I know when to pick? AllysonB 1 Mar 29, 2009 12:47 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America