Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: The Benzoin Tree: Fascinating!

Communities > Forums > Article: The Benzoin Tree
bookmark
Forum: Article: The Benzoin TreeReplies: 5, Views: 19
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
imapigeon
Gilroy (Sunset Z14), CA
(Zone 9a)

January 26, 2010
1:15 AM

Post #7496839

As always...I assumed benzoin was some kind of nasty chemical byproduct...LOL! I'm one of those people who's allergic to peanuts, so I know what you mean about reading labels. M&Ms of any stripe? Not for this girl!!!

You might try dark chocolate for your cough, m'dear. I've had great results with it for coughs, as have my two former co-workers with asthma.
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/363620/the_best_cough_medicine_to_stop_a_chronic.html
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

January 26, 2010
1:20 AM

Post #7496856

Janet, dahlin', dontcha know by now that I use dark chocolate for most everything that ails me? I am a smart woman, I know all the best cures!! ...chuckle.

I was surprised about benzoin as well, not something that grew in the mountains, that's for sure. But thanks for reading the article and for reminding me of the dark chocolate. I'll be checking out the link.

You stay dry out there!
leaflady
Hughesville, MO
(Zone 5a)

January 26, 2010
1:30 AM

Post #7496884

I knew it was a plant product but honestly thought it was from the mint family. Thanks for educating us.
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

January 26, 2010
1:40 AM

Post #7496914

Hi EveMae,

I guess if I'd ever thought of it, I might have thought it was mint as well, but honestly, I don't think I had even heard of it. Now I see it listed as an ingredient in a lot of things.

Hope you are staying warm tonight. It sure turned cold rather suddenly here today..
Thanks!
Elena
Middle, TN
(Zone 6b)

January 26, 2010
4:32 AM

Post #7497428

Personally as a chocoholic, I would much prefer eating the 8 bars of chocolate to taking cough medicine. Hi everyone. You know me, I'm always snooping aournd when chocolate is mentioned. Good article, Sharon. I have never had problems with coughs so I've never noticed the name Bensoin on labels but you can bet I will be watching for it now, if only to tell someone how much I know about the subject. Hope I have someone with me that I can show off to though.
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

January 26, 2010
5:15 AM

Post #7497564

Giggle...
Good to see you, Elena.
Thanks.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: The Benzoin Tree Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
A beautiful tree zhinusmom 9 Jan 26, 2010 4:15 PM
I Thought Everyone Read Labels! NEILMUIR1 86 Feb 3, 2010 11:43 PM
What? I never heard of it! gloria125 2 Jan 27, 2010 12:02 AM
Benzoin & the old vaporizor scottsmom 1 Feb 1, 2010 5:02 PM
Reading Labels pixilated 1 Feb 1, 2010 5:00 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America