Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: Cats versus House Plants: Hilarious article!

Communities > Forums > Article: Cats versus House Plants
bookmark
Forum: Article: Cats versus House PlantsReplies: 1, Views: 21
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

Bookerc1

Bookerc1
Mackinaw, IL
(Zone 5a)

January 27, 2010
3:08 PM

Post #7501876

I've finally resorted to keeping all my houseplants in one room (our enclosed porch) and keeping the door into the house shut as much as possible. One plant in particular seems to be appealing to the cat. I'm not sure of the scientific name, but my mom calls it an airplane plant. Our cat, Twitch, seems to think it is his own private salad bar. :) Every time I actually get little baby offshoots, he manages to sneak his way onto the porch and chew the whole plant down to stubs. Sigh. At least the cat hasn't seemed to suffer any ill effects!

Angie

volric22
Bradford
United Kingdom

February 2, 2010
2:43 PM

Post #7522019

Just checked in plant files... Airplane plant is what I know as spider plant.
I too have herd of cats; all eat it. esp when weathers bad & they don't want to go out to find grass. Not found any ill effects yet, they've been eating them for at least 4 years now.
I find it's only a problem in the winter when it's really cold out, because cats prefer to be out.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Cats versus House Plants Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
fun article Dutchlady1 6 Feb 5, 2008 5:11 PM
Great Job Lee Anne! plantladylin 1 Apr 23, 2010 10:35 PM
Your friend Slant..aka Rugcat rugcat 1 Jan 27, 2008 1:59 AM
cats and house plants hihosilver63 1 Apr 23, 2010 10:33 PM
Cats and plants baileyweb 1 Apr 23, 2010 10:28 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America