12 MONTH BLOCK SWAP - MARCH

Fostoria, OH(Zone 5a)

REMINDER: THIS BLOCK GOES STRAIGHT TO MOJOQUILTER.

The 12 Month Quilting Block Swap for 2009-10 has begun!
Each month will be a seperate thread so we can keep track of the blocks, colors and the results.

Remember, each participant will choose a pattern and colors for the blocks she wants for her month. Each month, except the one that is yours, you will make a quilt block (and one for yourself if you choose) in the pattern and colors designated by that months' individual. Send the block to me and I will send all 12 blocks to the person whose month it is. No embroidery since some don't have that machine option, but you can choose from a variety of patterns.

Block Specifics:

1. All fabric should be 100% cotton. Please wash all fabric before making
block.
Fabric is completely up the individual as long as it is 100% cotton.
2. Do not use any spray starch on blocks, spray sizing is OK.
3. Remove all selvages before cutting fabric for blocks
4. Block should be 12.5 x 12.5 when finished.
5. Make 1 block to send and 1 block for yourself (optional).
6. Cut off date for your mailing would be the end of the month i.e. the June
block would need to be mailed not later than June 30th.
7. Remember, after you make a quilt we would love to see your results!!

You will be signing up for the entire year, so even if you get your blocks in the early months, remember you need to stick with us for the entire year. Others are counting on you. If something happens and you will not be able to complete a month or the 12 months, please contact the hostess as soon as possible. I realize that everyone has a life outside of the swap, but please try to plan, so that things will go smoothly.

The following are participants in this swap, their colors and months they will receive their blocks.

8. SENT Dec. - Fleursdefouquet -tradional Christmas colors; red, green, white,gold.
Debra will embrodiery your name in the middle of your block
http://www.quilterscache.com/S/SignatureStarBlock.html

9. SENT Jan. Cheriffic - burgundy, tan, white. Small prints; no solids
http://www.quilterscache.com/B/BirdofParadiseBlock.html

10. Feb. - BarefootT - blue for dark, yellow for light. Prints/TOT; no solids
http://www.quilterscache.com/J/JacobsLadderBlock.html

11. GOING DIRECT March Mojoquilter (Babeegirl) - Pastel batiks. On The Oregon Trail
http://www.quilterscache.com/O/OntheOregonTrailBlock.html

12. April - Abbisgranma - white on white background, scraps
http://www.quilterscache.com/R/RomanStripeBlock.html

13. May - Bettypauze -black, white, red. Make your favorite block or the block you choose for yourself.

#All blocks mailed to that month's lucky lady.

FEBRUARY, 2010, QUILT BLOCK

March is Mojoquilter's month (Sondra). You will mail your block DIRECTLY TO HER!
She will get her blocks all through the month (lucky lady!)

*Shuggins - Sheila
*Quilter5bdsr - Barb
*Qwilter - Jean
*Llilyfan - Susan
Ladydragon5 - Janice
Heavenscape - Jaye
*Fleursdefouquet - Debra
*Cherrific - Cheryl
Barefoot T - Thunder
Abbisgranma - Marion
*Bettypauze - Betty
*Taters55 - Linda Kay

This message was edited Jan 29, 2010 12:17 PM

This message was edited Feb 28, 2010 12:46 PM

This message was edited Mar 30, 2010 6:13 PM

Wichita, KS(Zone 6a)

I pulled a bunch of bali fq's I've been collecting to start deciding on a companion block. I plan on setting my swap blocks on point somehow. Still working on that :) here's what I have to work with to give an idea of pastel batiks. I guess pastel usually means baby pinks, greens and blues but I'm thinking tropical/carribean/sun and sand kind of colors. I went to Belize years ago and the houses there are all of these gorgeous pastel/bright colors and it was such a feast of color set next to the blue/turquoise of the sea. I always think of calypso music when I look at these colors! we definitely need margaritas too.

This message was edited Jan 27, 2010 11:36 AM

Thumbnail by Mojoquilter
(Barb) Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

Janice do you still have all the bags? Will you send mine on for me??

(thunder)Wildwood, FL(Zone 9a)

Sondra, are those colors what you want? because I was thinking much more "pale"....and do you want just three colors in the block???

Wichita, KS(Zone 6a)

you can make them paler according to what batiks you have if you'd like and you can also make them as wild as you want to with as many colors as you want to :) my fabrics in the picture aren't as vivid as the pic makes them out to be. Something to do with a setting my kid changed on the camera that i can't figure out how to change back. If I can ask for a preference, I would like the squares in the corner 4 patches to really stand out that make up the X, other than that the wilder the better:)

thank you

Wichita, KS(Zone 6a)

I mocked up a block on the design board for mine to satisfy my curiosity. I like it!

Thumbnail by Mojoquilter

YUP that's a keeper!!

Ferndale, AR(Zone 7b)

Pretty! Thanks for the photos and tips. I need all the help I can get when it comes to choosing fabrics. That seems to be the hardest part for me.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Great that you've posted the fat quarters, gives us a better idea of what to send..thought of you this morning as I wore my Oregon Trail jacket I made years ago...needed warmth and warmth I got..

If I don't go to the Garden Gallery at lunch might just go to the Knitting and Quilting Shop and pick up what's needed and get your block done as well as the Feb. block this weekend...

Suppose to 'curtail my activities' but surely Dr's can't count in sewing can they? lol

Wichita, KS(Zone 6a)

I still can't find the setting on the camera my kid changed. It makes the reds really really red. She was taking a sunset photo and wanted to pick up those colors or something. The colors of the block are more true I guess since there's not much red in there.

Wichita, KS(Zone 6a)

I'm such a goof :) I got home last night and sewed together this block and I LOVE it! I have it right above my laptop and I sit here and gaze at it all gaga faced. I got the day off due to the snow, although we only got about 4 of the forecasted 10 inches so the roads aren't really that bad. I got the coffee made, I don't have to do my hair, and the sewing machine and iron are already on so I'm gonna sit here and sew to my hearts' content, looking like a wild-haired crazy woman!

Now I want a picture of THAT!!!!

Wichita, KS(Zone 6a)

well, I did brush the hair :) but I got my cozy sweatpants on and my Red Sox jersey with slippers. It don't get better than this!

(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Wow, love the colors in that block! Thanks for posting the colors you want.
LK

Sondra I can't remember what fabrics I used on yours. I sent it to Janice in December and have a memory like a sieve. Sure hope I got it right!!!

Wichita, KS(Zone 6a)

anything will be wonderful :) I made another one today lol...I'm going to make 9 and make lil' Miss Rian a big girl blankie and I found another stack of earth toned batiks! gotta try this one out in those. My doctor switched me to regular Ambien for my insomnia since my prescription insurance won't cover Ambien CR anymore and even though the past few nights have been a little restless with waking up with a headache at 3am, I'm finding that my focus is coming back and I have a lot more energy. I was on the Ambien CR for 3 years and it helps tremendously with sleeping the whole night through, but I had no clue it was still affecting me through the day. I guess I just got used to it. I'm hoping the headache is just a withdrawal symptom and temporary. I kinda like this newfound energy:)

This message was edited Jan 29, 2010 1:22 PM

Thumbnail by Mojoquilter

Those are so pretty! Love the colors!

Wichita, KS(Zone 6a)

here's one in purple hues

Thumbnail by Mojoquilter
Wichita, KS(Zone 6a)

I had these scraps hanging around for a couple of years so I used them for the triangle

Thumbnail by Mojoquilter
Wichita, KS(Zone 6a)

the middle

Thumbnail by Mojoquilter
Marietta, OH(Zone 6a)

wonderful! That last pic really shows the colors....

Fostoria, OH(Zone 5a)

I love the batiks! Makes me want a whole quilt out of them. All the fabrics are wonderful colors and shades. I have been staying away from the quilt shop since I am moving soon. Didn't want to get more to pack but looking at all those wonderful fabrics I have to get out and look for some of those batiks for the swaps.

Houston, TX(Zone 9b)

I finished my block for March. I will wait until March 1st and mail it off to Mojoquilter!

Wichita, KS(Zone 6a)

I received 2 terrific blocks yesterday from Linda Kay!

Taters55-received
Cherrific-received
llilyfan-received

This message was edited Mar 14, 2010 12:17 AM

Victoria Harbour, ON

Hoping to get March and April done this weekend, providing I don't get sidetracked..lol.. then, guess what..it will be my turn to received the treasured blocks..already decided to machine quilt each block as per the technique that one of you gracious ladies provided me with that will make the back and front complete in same process....anxiously awaiting my packet..don't panic though, I've about 30 projects ahead to do while waiting.....

Ooooh almost gardening time...

Houston, TX(Zone 9b)

I will be mailing mine this week. Then on to April's block!

Wichita, KS(Zone 6a)

yes it is Betty:) I was looking around outside this morning and my surprise lilies are up about 2 inches as well as some irises. I keep watching the calender hoping April 15th gets here. That's DG date when frost danger is over for my area. I have so many seeds to sow and figure out how to make a vegetable garden the dog can't get into.

Janice do you have a thread started for the last two months? I have all the blocks done, and will get them mailed out to soon! Do they get sent to you, or to the individuals?

Fostoria, OH(Zone 5a)

Please, Please, don't send me anything for the next two weeks! I am moving and don't want things to get lost. This next two weeks is the interium period.

When I get settled I will open a thread for April and May and you will be sending the blocks to me, as usual.

Sounds good, will be waiting for your new thread!
Good luck on the move!

(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

I sent Feb and March out on Sat they said you should have them Mon or Tues.

I sent them directly to the recipients Hope you like them

Cher

Wichita, KS(Zone 6a)

I received Cher's block today! love it! I have to say I am loving the deep purple and turquoise combinations that Cher's and Linda Kay's blocks have in them. 2 of my favorite colors!

Can't wait to see the pictures!

Houston, TX(Zone 9b)

I will be mailing my block on Friday.

has anyone heard from Betty? She hasn't posted anywhere that I can see in over 24 hrs and that is VERY unusual for her.

Victoria Harbour, ON

You found me Barb and thank you sweetie for worrying about me..wow it was quite the day yesterday, barely had time to breath, not all work, lots of play and shopping, outing with friends and many laughs..

Crossing over to Buffalo again this weekend so will mail my swaps/ my block and a few other parcels...

The March block will be included...

Wichita, KS(Zone 6a)

Looky at my girly girl! she has 4 teeth already! she and mommy went to the park today :)

love that wild hairdo!

This message was edited Mar 9, 2010 8:31 PM

Thumbnail by Mojoquilter

AAAWWWWWWW.......

Victoria Harbour, ON

Adorable! Wish I had me a little girl to spoil...

Here it is 4:30a.m. and guess who is working on her March quilt block..can't be late in sending...question, are we suppose to wait and send to Janice or mail directly?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images