Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Sewing and Quilting: 12 MONTH BLOCK SWAP - MARCH

Communities > Forums > Sewing and Quilting
bookmark
Forum: Sewing and QuiltingReplies: 125, Views: 1,099
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
ladydragon5
Fostoria, OH
(Zone 5a)

January 27, 2010
4:57 PM

Post #7502195

REMINDER: THIS BLOCK GOES STRAIGHT TO MOJOQUILTER.

The 12 Month Quilting Block Swap for 2009-10 has begun!
Each month will be a seperate thread so we can keep track of the blocks, colors and the results.

Remember, each participant will choose a pattern and colors for the blocks she wants for her month. Each month, except the one that is yours, you will make a quilt block (and one for yourself if you choose) in the pattern and colors designated by that months' individual. Send the block to me and I will send all 12 blocks to the person whose month it is. No embroidery since some don't have that machine option, but you can choose from a variety of patterns.

Block Specifics:

1. All fabric should be 100% cotton. Please wash all fabric before making
block.
Fabric is completely up the individual as long as it is 100% cotton.
2. Do not use any spray starch on blocks, spray sizing is OK.
3. Remove all selvages before cutting fabric for blocks
4. Block should be 12.5 x 12.5 when finished.
5. Make 1 block to send and 1 block for yourself (optional).
6. Cut off date for your mailing would be the end of the month i.e. the June
block would need to be mailed not later than June 30th.
7. Remember, after you make a quilt we would love to see your results!!

You will be signing up for the entire year, so even if you get your blocks in the early months, remember you need to stick with us for the entire year. Others are counting on you. If something happens and you will not be able to complete a month or the 12 months, please contact the hostess as soon as possible. I realize that everyone has a life outside of the swap, but please try to plan, so that things will go smoothly.

The following are participants in this swap, their colors and months they will receive their blocks.

8. SENT Dec. - Fleursdefouquet -tradional Christmas colors; red, green, white,gold.
Debra will embrodiery your name in the middle of your block
http://www.quilterscache.com/S/SignatureStarBlock.html

9. SENT Jan. Cheriffic - burgundy, tan, white. Small prints; no solids
http://www.quilterscache.com/B/BirdofParadiseBlock.html

10. Feb. - BarefootT - blue for dark, yellow for light. Prints/TOT; no solids
http://www.quilterscache.com/J/JacobsLadderBlock.html

11. GOING DIRECT March Mojoquilter (Babeegirl) - Pastel batiks. On The Oregon Trail
http://www.quilterscache.com/O/OntheOregonTrailBlock.html

12. April - Abbisgranma - white on white background, scraps
http://www.quilterscache.com/R/RomanStripeBlock.html

13. May - Bettypauze -black, white, red. Make your favorite block or the block you choose for yourself.

#All blocks mailed to that month's lucky lady.

FEBRUARY, 2010, QUILT BLOCK

March is Mojoquilter's month (Sondra). You will mail your block DIRECTLY TO HER!
She will get her blocks all through the month (lucky lady!)

*Shuggins - Sheila
*Quilter5bdsr - Barb
*Qwilter - Jean
*Llilyfan - Susan
Ladydragon5 - Janice
Heavenscape - Jaye
*Fleursdefouquet - Debra
*Cherrific - Cheryl
Barefoot T - Thunder
Abbisgranma - Marion
*Bettypauze - Betty
*Taters55 - Linda Kay

This message was edited Jan 29, 2010 12:17 PM

This message was edited Feb 28, 2010 12:46 PM

This message was edited Mar 30, 2010 6:13 PM
Mojoquilter
Wichita, KS
(Zone 6a)

January 27, 2010
5:04 PM

Post #7502214

I pulled a bunch of bali fq's I've been collecting to start deciding on a companion block. I plan on setting my swap blocks on point somehow. Still working on that :) here's what I have to work with to give an idea of pastel batiks. I guess pastel usually means baby pinks, greens and blues but I'm thinking tropical/carribean/sun and sand kind of colors. I went to Belize years ago and the houses there are all of these gorgeous pastel/bright colors and it was such a feast of color set next to the blue/turquoise of the sea. I always think of calypso music when I look at these colors! we definitely need margaritas too.

This message was edited Jan 27, 2010 11:36 AM

Thumbnail by Mojoquilter
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

January 27, 2010
6:11 PM

Post #7502390

Janice do you still have all the bags? Will you send mine on for me??

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

January 27, 2010
11:34 PM

Post #7503355

Sondra, are those colors what you want? because I was thinking much more "pale"...and do you want just three colors in the block???
Mojoquilter
Wichita, KS
(Zone 6a)

January 27, 2010
11:59 PM

Post #7503423

you can make them paler according to what batiks you have if you'd like and you can also make them as wild as you want to with as many colors as you want to :) my fabrics in the picture aren't as vivid as the pic makes them out to be. Something to do with a setting my kid changed on the camera that i can't figure out how to change back. If I can ask for a preference, I would like the squares in the corner 4 patches to really stand out that make up the X, other than that the wilder the better:)

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

January 28, 2010
12:17 AM

Post #7503471

thank you
Mojoquilter
Wichita, KS
(Zone 6a)

January 28, 2010
5:09 AM

Post #7504252

I mocked up a block on the design board for mine to satisfy my curiosity. I like it!

Thumbnail by Mojoquilter

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

January 28, 2010
12:30 PM

Post #7504648

YUP that's a keeper!!
fleursdefouquet
Ferndale, AR
(Zone 7b)

January 28, 2010
2:42 PM

Post #7504928

Pretty! Thanks for the photos and tips. I need all the help I can get when it comes to choosing fabrics. That seems to be the hardest part for me.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

January 28, 2010
3:32 PM

Post #7505064

Great that you've posted the fat quarters, gives us a better idea of what to send..thought of you this morning as I wore my Oregon Trail jacket I made years ago...needed warmth and warmth I got..

If I don't go to the Garden Gallery at lunch might just go to the Knitting and Quilting Shop and pick up what's needed and get your block done as well as the Feb. block this weekend...

Suppose to 'curtail my activities' but surely Dr's can't count in sewing can they? lol
Mojoquilter
Wichita, KS
(Zone 6a)

January 28, 2010
3:43 PM

Post #7505098

I still can't find the setting on the camera my kid changed. It makes the reds really really red. She was taking a sunset photo and wanted to pick up those colors or something. The colors of the block are more true I guess since there's not much red in there.
Mojoquilter
Wichita, KS
(Zone 6a)

January 29, 2010
2:16 PM

Post #7508331

I'm such a goof :) I got home last night and sewed together this block and I LOVE it! I have it right above my laptop and I sit here and gaze at it all gaga faced. I got the day off due to the snow, although we only got about 4 of the forecasted 10 inches so the roads aren't really that bad. I got the coffee made, I don't have to do my hair, and the sewing machine and iron are already on so I'm gonna sit here and sew to my hearts' content, looking like a wild-haired crazy woman!

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

January 29, 2010
3:26 PM

Post #7508615

Now I want a picture of THAT!!!!
Mojoquilter
Wichita, KS
(Zone 6a)

January 29, 2010
3:51 PM

Post #7508721

well, I did brush the hair :) but I got my cozy sweatpants on and my Red Sox jersey with slippers. It don't get better than this!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

January 29, 2010
4:39 PM

Post #7508922

Wow, love the colors in that block! Thanks for posting the colors you want.
LK

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

January 29, 2010
6:06 PM

Post #7509153

Sondra I can't remember what fabrics I used on yours. I sent it to Janice in December and have a memory like a sieve. Sure hope I got it right!!!
Mojoquilter
Wichita, KS
(Zone 6a)

January 29, 2010
6:54 PM

Post #7509265

anything will be wonderful :) I made another one today lol...I'm going to make 9 and make lil' Miss Rian a big girl blankie and I found another stack of earth toned batiks! gotta try this one out in those. My doctor switched me to regular Ambien for my insomnia since my prescription insurance won't cover Ambien CR anymore and even though the past few nights have been a little restless with waking up with a headache at 3am, I'm finding that my focus is coming back and I have a lot more energy. I was on the Ambien CR for 3 years and it helps tremendously with sleeping the whole night through, but I had no clue it was still affecting me through the day. I guess I just got used to it. I'm hoping the headache is just a withdrawal symptom and temporary. I kinda like this newfound energy:)

This message was edited Jan 29, 2010 1:22 PM

Thumbnail by Mojoquilter

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

January 29, 2010
7:20 PM

Post #7509345

Those are so pretty! Love the colors!
Mojoquilter
Wichita, KS
(Zone 6a)

January 30, 2010
1:32 AM

Post #7510531

here's one in purple hues

Thumbnail by Mojoquilter

Mojoquilter
Wichita, KS
(Zone 6a)

January 30, 2010
1:33 AM

Post #7510537

I had these scraps hanging around for a couple of years so I used them for the triangle

Thumbnail by Mojoquilter

Mojoquilter
Wichita, KS
(Zone 6a)

January 30, 2010
1:34 AM

Post #7510542

the middle

Thumbnail by Mojoquilter

Kizmo

Kizmo
Marietta, OH
(Zone 6a)

January 30, 2010
2:12 AM

Post #7510638

wonderful! That last pic really shows the colors...
ladydragon5
Fostoria, OH
(Zone 5a)

February 2, 2010
3:21 PM

Post #7522149

I love the batiks! Makes me want a whole quilt out of them. All the fabrics are wonderful colors and shades. I have been staying away from the quilt shop since I am moving soon. Didn't want to get more to pack but looking at all those wonderful fabrics I have to get out and look for some of those batiks for the swaps.
shuggins
Houston, TX
(Zone 9b)

February 24, 2010
4:12 PM

Post #7584230

I finished my block for March. I will wait until March 1st and mail it off to Mojoquilter!
Mojoquilter
Wichita, KS
(Zone 6a)

February 28, 2010
2:27 PM

Post #7594212

I received 2 terrific blocks yesterday from Linda Kay!

Taters55-received
Cherrific-received
llilyfan-received

This message was edited Mar 14, 2010 12:17 AM

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

March 1, 2010
2:58 PM

Post #7596723

Hoping to get March and April done this weekend, providing I don't get sidetracked..lol.. then, guess what..it will be my turn to received the treasured blocks..already decided to machine quilt each block as per the technique that one of you gracious ladies provided me with that will make the back and front complete in same process...anxiously awaiting my packet..don't panic though, I've about 30 projects ahead to do while waiting...

Ooooh almost gardening time...
shuggins
Houston, TX
(Zone 9b)

March 1, 2010
3:07 PM

Post #7596744

I will be mailing mine this week. Then on to April's block!
Mojoquilter
Wichita, KS
(Zone 6a)

March 1, 2010
3:07 PM

Post #7596748

yes it is Betty:) I was looking around outside this morning and my surprise lilies are up about 2 inches as well as some irises. I keep watching the calender hoping April 15th gets here. That's DG date when frost danger is over for my area. I have so many seeds to sow and figure out how to make a vegetable garden the dog can't get into.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

March 3, 2010
2:10 PM

Post #7601973

Janice do you have a thread started for the last two months? I have all the blocks done, and will get them mailed out to soon! Do they get sent to you, or to the individuals?
ladydragon5
Fostoria, OH
(Zone 5a)

March 4, 2010
3:21 PM

Post #7604167

Please, Please, don't send me anything for the next two weeks! I am moving and don't want things to get lost. This next two weeks is the interium period.

When I get settled I will open a thread for April and May and you will be sending the blocks to me, as usual.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

March 4, 2010
4:58 PM

Post #7604851

Sounds good, will be waiting for your new thread!
Good luck on the move!

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

March 8, 2010
10:01 AM

Post #7613165

I sent Feb and March out on Sat they said you should have them Mon or Tues.

I sent them directly to the recipients Hope you like them

Cher
Mojoquilter
Wichita, KS
(Zone 6a)

March 8, 2010
5:46 PM

Post #7614354

I received Cher's block today! love it! I have to say I am loving the deep purple and turquoise combinations that Cher's and Linda Kay's blocks have in them. 2 of my favorite colors!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

March 8, 2010
8:03 PM

Post #7614711

Can't wait to see the pictures!
shuggins
Houston, TX
(Zone 9b)

March 9, 2010
4:57 AM

Post #7615218

I will be mailing my block on Friday.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

March 9, 2010
4:58 AM

Post #7615219

has anyone heard from Betty? She hasn't posted anywhere that I can see in over 24 hrs and that is VERY unusual for her.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

March 9, 2010
6:50 AM

Post #7615499

You found me Barb and thank you sweetie for worrying about me..wow it was quite the day yesterday, barely had time to breath, not all work, lots of play and shopping, outing with friends and many laughs..

Crossing over to Buffalo again this weekend so will mail my swaps/ my block and a few other parcels...

The March block will be included...
Mojoquilter
Wichita, KS
(Zone 6a)

March 9, 2010
6:30 PM

Post #7617151

Looky at my girly girl! she has 4 teeth already! she and mommy went to the park today :)

love that wild hairdo!

This message was edited Mar 9, 2010 8:31 PM

Thumbnail by Mojoquilter

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 9, 2010
9:03 PM

Post #7617623

AAAWWWWWWW...

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

March 10, 2010
2:31 AM

Post #7617904

Adorable! Wish I had me a little girl to spoil...

Here it is 4:30a.m. and guess who is working on her March quilt block..can't be late in sending...question, are we suppose to wait and send to Janice or mail directly?
shuggins
Houston, TX
(Zone 9b)

March 10, 2010
4:45 AM

Post #7618067

Good Morning! This month gets mailed directly.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

March 10, 2010
4:53 AM

Post #7618081

Sondra - she is just too cute for words!!! What a sweetie.
fleursdefouquet
Ferndale, AR
(Zone 7b)

March 10, 2010
5:29 AM

Post #7618153

She is a cutie! Looks like she had a lot of fun at the park. How old is she?
Mojoquilter
Wichita, KS
(Zone 6a)

March 10, 2010
5:57 AM

Post #7618226

13 months :)
ladydragon5
Fostoria, OH
(Zone 5a)

March 10, 2010
7:37 AM

Post #7618499

I'm going to go ahead and and post the April and May threads since you are all chaffing at the bit! I can't believe we are in the last few months of this swap. We have gotten some beautiful blocks with wonderful patterns that stretched our sewing skills and gave us new patterns for our files. Are we talking again next year?

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

March 10, 2010
7:39 AM

Post #7618508

Of course!!!!!! I'm willing...

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

March 10, 2010
7:42 AM

Post #7618517

ooohhhh Janice, May will be my month..

Just as excited as can be..

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

March 11, 2010
9:01 AM

Post #7621195

My March block is ready to post..going to Buffalo tomorrow morning so will post from your side of the border...

1 more to go - April..trying to get it done tonight so both can be mailed then I can sit pretty and wait for mine to arrive - May's my month and I'm as excited as can be...
Mojoquilter
Wichita, KS
(Zone 6a)

March 13, 2010
10:17 PM

Post #7627585

received a beautiful block from Llilyfan! thank you :)

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

March 14, 2010
5:12 AM

Post #7627847

Mailed mine from Buffalo yesterday so you should be receiving it at beginning of week!
Mojoquilter
Wichita, KS
(Zone 6a)

March 15, 2010
12:27 PM

Post #7631168

I'm going to make a received list that's not buried so far up :) this is to help me keep from getting confused and losing track!

Taters55-received(2)
Cherrific-received
llilyfan-received
Bettypauze-received
Shuggins-received

This message was edited Mar 15, 2010 7:46 PM

This message was edited Mar 21, 2010 8:01 PM
Mojoquilter
Wichita, KS
(Zone 6a)

March 15, 2010
5:46 PM

Post #7632020

got a gorgeous block from Betty! thank you :)
shuggins
Houston, TX
(Zone 9b)

March 16, 2010
4:59 AM

Post #7632831

Mine went out yesterday.
ladydragon5
Fostoria, OH
(Zone 5a)

March 16, 2010
8:07 AM

Post #7633253

I have arrived! I reached my new home late on Saturday and spent Sunday putting things together. Now everyone has gone home and I have a mountain of boxes to clean out. Spend yesterday working on the kitchen and I am not a happy camper. I designed the last one and it was perfect. This one is large but things are spread out and I don't seem to have the right size cabinet/drawers to put things in. I work all day and by 7:00 I was pooped! but I got the kitchen done.

The dog is causing all kinds of problems. She wont go to the bathroom in the back yard and insists on going on my new carpet. This house is too big and open to keep her confined or to watch her every minute. Last night I lost it when she had pooped 4 x's and peeped 7 x's all in the house. I put her out and she comes in and does her business inside! We are going to have one dead dog if this doesn't stop, but quick. I am tired and cranky and she is confused and we both need to just relax a little.

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 16, 2010
8:59 AM

Post #7633354

awwww Janice...she is just nervous and confused...she will adjust, just needs time to get used to the new place...she has only known your other place as home

don't over work...so what if you have boxes every where!!! you take it easy...

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

March 16, 2010
10:05 AM

Post #7633485

Janice before you know it you'll both feel right at home..have courage dear friend!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

March 18, 2010
3:31 AM

Post #7637911

Morning all, just have to share...

Had a bit of a mishap several months ago with one of my blocks, was on my way to post it and when I got to the post office I didn't have my envelope..it was curb side garbage so I must have thrown it in the garbage bag... that made me late with sending my block...

What a glorious day it was yesterday...arrived home at 5:30 and decided to pick branches and winter debris before we get more snow and do some burning...ahhhhh just in the side garden was more to burn...hmmmm an envelope...

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

March 18, 2010
3:34 AM

Post #7637914

Sitting pretty inside was my 'quilt block' not a mark on it..guess I must have set it on the top of the car with my coffee while I unlocked the door and it blew off as I drove off..couldn't figure out when I got to the post office where in heavens name it could be..

Guess my plowman came and it was under a snowbank until now...

Don't know how with these winds that it didn't blow away but it didn't...lol

Just thought I'd share!

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

March 18, 2010
4:11 AM

Post #7637947

What a beautiful block!!! Debra must have loved it!!!!!!
ladydragon5
Fostoria, OH
(Zone 5a)

March 18, 2010
10:27 AM

Post #7638625

What a wonderful story! That sounds like something I would do. So glad you finally found the package and the block was all good. Now you have a nice reminder of us. The melting snows show off all kinds of goodies.

One of the things I do miss about my Lansing house is that all of the bulbs will be popping out. I had lots of tulips, jonquils and other spring bulbs and they were a really pretty show. I hope someone sees them and wants them...and the house along with it.

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 18, 2010
10:58 AM

Post #7638692

nice block Betty, make a tote bag with it!!!!

Love the cutting board too!!!

Sondra, seeing as you are getting blocks direct...how about showing them to us??!!!
Mojoquilter
Wichita, KS
(Zone 6a)

March 18, 2010
12:38 PM

Post #7638858

sure !
Mojoquilter
Wichita, KS
(Zone 6a)

March 21, 2010
6:00 PM

Post #7646495

received a beautiful block from Shuggins!

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 21, 2010
7:52 PM

Post #7646768

sew...where's the blocks????
Mojoquilter
Wichita, KS
(Zone 6a)

March 21, 2010
7:57 PM

Post #7646780

on the cabinet shelf:) gimme a minute
Mojoquilter
Wichita, KS
(Zone 6a)

March 21, 2010
8:02 PM

Post #7646784

here ya go :)

Thumbnail by Mojoquilter

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

March 22, 2010
7:26 AM

Post #7647509

Those are going to look so pretty when finished! Please keep on posting the pics as you get them?
Mojoquilter
Wichita, KS
(Zone 6a)

March 22, 2010
7:57 AM

Post #7647573

I will:) not sure if I'll put sashing between them or set them on point.

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 22, 2010
8:19 AM

Post #7647622

[quote="Mojoquilter"]on the cabinet shelf:) gimme a minute
[/quote]

ROFLMBO ^_^ you too funny girl...thanks for the morning smiles !!!

and thanks for the picture...I have some fabrics, I thought would be perfect...then of course I started second guessing myself...now I know they will work!!
Mojoquilter
Wichita, KS
(Zone 6a)

March 22, 2010
8:55 AM

Post #7647723

hey Thunder, did that email I sent you come through? it was kinda big so I wasn't sure if it would or not.

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 22, 2010
10:10 PM

Post #7649401

Sondra, the e mail was fine...I had not had the chance to read it all through...I did now tho and will send you an e-mail.
Mojoquilter
Wichita, KS
(Zone 6a)

March 23, 2010
6:25 AM

Post #7649834

thank you for the awsome feedback!

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 23, 2010
8:16 AM

Post #7650163

^_^
ladydragon5
Fostoria, OH
(Zone 5a)

March 30, 2010
3:02 PM

Post #7667807

Ok, here it is the end of March and I for one, have not finished my block. I have it all cut out but the move got in the way and I need to find some time to finish it up and get it int he mail!

How about the rest of you? Are you all done and mailed and am I the tail fo the donkey? Say there Mojo...how are they coming in and when are we going to get to see what you have. Remember, pictures are required! LOL

REMEMBER: you need to send the April and MAy blocks to me at my new address. It is on the exchange. I will be collecting them, as usual, and sending them on the Marion and Betty. As always, we have saved the best ladies and blocks for the end.
Mojoquilter
Wichita, KS
(Zone 6a)

March 30, 2010
3:09 PM

Post #7667820

So far this is the received list, but there's no hurry :)

Taters55-received(2)
Cherrific-received
llilyfan-received
Bettypauze-received
Shuggins-received
ladydragon5
Fostoria, OH
(Zone 5a)

March 30, 2010
3:11 PM

Post #7667824

Well, looks like I am not the only one that got behind on my sewing. Thanks for letting me know and I will note those up above. The rest of us had better get it in gear!!

You should have gotten a bag from me with blocks from three of the ladies that sent theirs very early. Did you get those or should I root through my boxes to see if they are still here?

This message was edited Mar 30, 2010 6:15 PM

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

March 30, 2010
4:08 PM

Post #7667922

Thanks for checking Janice. I hope they didn't get lost but if they did I can make another.
Mojoquilter
Wichita, KS
(Zone 6a)

March 30, 2010
4:14 PM

Post #7667937

never got those Janice, I bet they are hiding in the dishes :) did the move go well?

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 30, 2010
9:31 PM

Post #7668585

Sondra, so Happy you are not in a hurry, as I am hanging my head in shame...I am not quite done...
I don't have moving...or thinking of moving...or any such thing as an excuse, Just have not gotten there yet...mine will be out late...but not by much...
fleursdefouquet
Ferndale, AR
(Zone 7b)

March 31, 2010
2:01 PM

Post #7670035

Sondra, I'm late, too ... as usual. Has been a busy month. Thought I'd get it done this past weekend but I will have to admit - the weather was beautiful and I spent the time outdoors. Call it a mental health weekend. LOL

Need to find a time/place to set my machine up again. Put it all away in prep to take it to the shop and take the embroidery lessons for my Christmas blocks. First, I had to reschedule. Then, the instructor got sick and canceled. Haven't gotten it rescheduled yet. Bummer - cause April is one of my busiest months at the med center. We are teaching or testing 15 days out of the 22 work days so far. That's a lot for this part-time job.

Marion - how did your festival go????
Mojoquilter
Wichita, KS
(Zone 6a)

March 31, 2010
2:33 PM

Post #7670098

ladies, don't worry a bit about it :) my son finished bootcamp and helicopter mechanic training for National Guard, came home to Dallas, got a job with FEMA and his first apartment finally. The next thing I work on will be his patriotic blocks that everyone sent now that he has more than a footlocker to his name :) he also got a golden retriever girl puppy! maybe I ought to hold off sending his quilt until she's out of the chewing phase lol...
fleursdefouquet
Ferndale, AR
(Zone 7b)

March 31, 2010
4:10 PM

Post #7670305

and housebroken! LOL

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 31, 2010
9:03 PM

Post #7670980

oh no..you just got to make her a quilt of her own!!!
ladydragon5
Fostoria, OH
(Zone 5a)

April 1, 2010
7:48 AM

Post #7671727

So glad that he is finally settled and you can help him furnish the apartment. He will have his hands full with a puppy as I can attest. I love her to death but she can be a hand full. She loves to chew on anything especially my panties and socks so I know she would love to chew on a quilt! So you may want to wait to put that RWB quilt together.
Mojoquilter
Wichita, KS
(Zone 6a)

April 1, 2010
8:02 AM

Post #7671767

oh by the time I get it done she should be all grown up :)
ladydragon5
Fostoria, OH
(Zone 5a)

April 1, 2010
8:11 AM

Post #7671785

The lost has been found! The March blocks were in their bag with April and May. Guess I thought I would mail them when I had mine done but didn't get to that before the move. I'll be finishing up that block and will send them next week.

I used ot have a great PO sub station right near me that I could drive in and the guy knew me with all my swaps. Now I have to go into the "big" PO and do all that. Not as handy but this is a small town so not too much traffic. The drive-thru was nice...will miss that part.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

April 1, 2010
3:01 PM

Post #7672614

That's great Janice. I'm glad they are still safe.
ladydragon5
Fostoria, OH
(Zone 5a)

April 9, 2010
12:25 PM

Post #7692391

I finished my blocks and they should go in the mail today or tomorrow. I am including Barb and Jean's blocks, too. Those came a long time ago and so I have them. Who else is missing?
Mojoquilter
Wichita, KS
(Zone 6a)

April 12, 2010
5:53 PM

Post #7700734

Janice I received the package today! here are all the blocks received all laid out. Love em!

Thumbnail by Mojoquilter

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

April 12, 2010
7:28 PM

Post #7700974

Those look very nice, love all the colors!

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

April 12, 2010
10:02 PM

Post #7701499

Mine is still missing... :( it is cut out, waiting to be sewn...I have not done any sewing in days, and days...so sorry :( will get to it soon...

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

April 13, 2010
7:15 AM

Post #7702114

Aren't they pretty...bet you are oooohh'ing and ahhhh'ing all the way to the sewing machine
Mojoquilter
Wichita, KS
(Zone 6a)

April 13, 2010
7:46 PM

Post #7703921

I received a beautiful block and a fat quarter from heavenscape today, thank you!

Thumbnail by Mojoquilter

fleursdefouquet
Ferndale, AR
(Zone 7b)

April 14, 2010
7:09 AM

Post #7704709

Am I the only one left? Sondra, please forgive me. I've never been this late. Seems we've been out of town so much that I'm not getting this done or a lot of other things, either. Can't get my machine set up. We will be gone this weekend, too. My husband will be away next weekend on a hiking trip and I should have some time to myself. Hope to get yours and Marion's both done then.
Mojoquilter
Wichita, KS
(Zone 6a)

April 14, 2010
7:29 AM

Post #7704757

don't worry a bit about it :) I probably won't get around to putting anything together till early summer. This time of year is just about as busy as the time between Thanksgiving and Christmas if not busier. My stargazer lilies are coming up beautifully, I should have at least 20 to 30 blooms this year. The irises are coming back but no stalks for flowers as of yet. It may take them another year to bloom. I think I saw one coneflower seedling poking up this morning but I didn't have my glasses on so it could have been anything :)

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

April 14, 2010
9:29 AM

Post #7705035

Deb, mine is not done yet either...so you are not alone...
ladydragon5
Fostoria, OH
(Zone 5a)

April 15, 2010
8:07 AM

Post #7707283

This seemed to be a bad month for all of us. Those bright gals who worked ahead are just puttering out in the gardens and laughing at us who are still working away. I did get Marions done the same time as this one so all there is to do is Betty.
I found some neat drawers to hold fabric. With this new big room for my sewing I have an embarrassment of riches. I don't know whether to put the sewing table up under the window against the wall or try and make it island style. I have lots of ideas and they float around...I'll decide on something. Can't afford to do much buying right now anyway but it is sure fun to dream.
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

April 15, 2010
9:01 AM

Post #7707418

I am not finished either. Between the festival and the nice spring weather--welll what can I do but hang my head in shame... :-(

Debra, the festival was great on Saturday, I got to met BarefootT (Thunder) and oh what a lovely sweet person she is!!!!!!! Gardenglory (Pam and daughter, Tracey) also came and they were life savers on Thursday and Friday--well all weekend for that matter. They even sat for the floral exhibits when we didn't have anyone and helped in the Children's area when they were without volunteers.

Rained Sunday and all ----well you insert the words as it broke loose. Horrible to say the least!!! My DIL had a booth with vintage children's clothing and she did extremely well for a new vendor. Insert huge grin!! I thought of you and your wedding last year as as I said--I had that chocolate ice cream for both of us. LOL

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

April 15, 2010
11:32 PM

Post #7709233

I am finally done !! it will be out in the mail later..(Fri)

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

April 16, 2010
5:34 PM

Post #7711320

Well it is winter here again. I have a long weekend soooooooo I am gonna get caught up. Most of Sat will be putting my sewing room back together than down to business.
Cher

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

April 16, 2010
9:13 PM

Post #7711764

Block did not get to po today..it will get there tomorrow...
Mojoquilter
Wichita, KS
(Zone 6a)

April 20, 2010
6:56 PM

Post #7722490

got Thunder's block today :) it looks great! thank you !

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

April 20, 2010
11:24 PM

Post #7723158

Sorry I took so long, first block I was late on,and I feel terrible about it... :(
Mojoquilter
Wichita, KS
(Zone 6a)

August 14, 2010
7:43 PM

Post #8040430

I can't remember if I posted a picture of my blocks. here they are!

Thumbnail by Mojoquilter

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

August 14, 2010
11:03 PM

Post #8040655

looks great !!!
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

August 15, 2010
3:37 AM

Post #8040730

I'm always amazed at how different a block can look just by using different fabrics.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

August 15, 2010
5:57 AM

Post #8040865

So true Jean and now I'm trying to remember which one was the one I made!!!!!

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

August 15, 2010
8:55 AM

Post #8041194

took me a while to figure out mine!!!!

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

August 15, 2010
12:51 PM

Post #8041542

They're beautiful together, Sondra.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

August 16, 2010
8:15 AM

Post #8042986

They are amazing.. did the same, kept thinking, now what fabric looks familiar and then saw some 'off points' and said 'aha' know which is mine..lol

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

August 16, 2010
7:57 PM

Post #8044274

I played with my blocks today...sorta...I created a Jacob's ladder block, in my eq7. went through the fabrics library, and tried to duplicate the blocks Y'all sent...and now I am fooling with placing the blocks into a quilt design...I will post some pictures when I get a little further along...
Mojoquilter
Wichita, KS
(Zone 6a)

August 16, 2010
8:10 PM

Post #8044306

cool! I'm learning to build a round robin style using the borders, it makes me psycho...must go find booze now.

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

August 16, 2010
8:13 PM

Post #8044314

I am most definitely not ready for psycho border designs !! ^_^
ladydragon5
Fostoria, OH
(Zone 5a)

August 17, 2010
7:33 AM

Post #8044929

At quilting club the other night a lady had a lap quilt that was made from the selvage edge of lots (and I mean lots) of quilts. She just used the border that had the fabric name, designer name, etc. on it. She used a chevron design. It was the neatest thing I had ever seen. I would never have thought of using just that throw away piece but leave it to a quilter to come up with a way to use the smallest scrap.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

August 17, 2010
7:55 AM

Post #8044973

look forward to seeing what you've done with your blocks!

Janice, sounds as though she was very creative!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

January 6, 2012
12:47 PM

Post #8956967

Well it's been some time since I received my red/white/black blocks from you all, decided over the holidays I'd put 8 together and make a bed runner...voila!!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

January 6, 2012
12:48 PM

Post #8956972

Hmmm wouldn't let me add photo, perhaps because it's an old thread..oh well, know your blocks found a good home

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

January 7, 2012
11:01 AM

Post #8958162

HOW did I miss this thread these 2 years and HOW on earth did I pass it up? I can't figure that one out! Maybe I was just too overwhelmed with a new job and trying to get moved into here. Don't remember...

Wish I could see your pictures! Anybody else get them together and wanna try sharing a picture??

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

January 7, 2012
1:12 PM

Post #8958286

Will post my project in a bit

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

January 8, 2012
4:02 PM

Post #8959651

guess I don't have it opened, will take another photo later

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

January 8, 2012
5:11 PM

Post #8959739

WOW that is striking!

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

January 8, 2012
5:18 PM

Post #8959752

sadly, I have not yet done anything with these blocks :( You are not the only "block collector" Doc...

they are on the list for completion this year...we will see...it is a VERY LONG list!!!

FLStu

FLStu
Lowell, IN
(Zone 5b)

January 8, 2012
6:29 PM

Post #8959849

WOW... I agree... Betty, striking. Would definately have joined that one. Love the differing blocks. Thunder, if they need a home...LOL

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

January 9, 2012
10:19 PM

Post #8961484

Stu, my blocks in this swap are blue, yellow and white. Jacobs ladder blocks not black and white and red. I did do a swap with those colors,sorta...I asked for black and white, with a touch of either red or green.
I have part of them together... this picture shows some of the blocks, don't have photo of parts together on this computer.

Thumbnail by barefootT

ladydragon5
Fostoria, OH
(Zone 5a)

January 10, 2012
8:17 AM

Post #8961761

That swap was so much fun and I would do it again in a minute. Everyone was so good about getting things in on time and poor Betty was the last, if I remember right, so she had to make and wait until the very end to get her blocks. We done good ladies!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

January 10, 2012
9:27 AM

Post #8961853

Janice, just glad I wasn't last to receive blocks...lol

I did get a few in other colors and will use them in a quilt..

I sure did enjoy it a lot, and did learn techniques..

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Sewing and Quilting Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Quilt Block Exchange cont..... Luluguid 76 Dec 22, 2010 6:07 PM
Looking for a Shopping Cart Cover Pattern???? red_princess_71 17 Jan 4, 2010 9:44 AM
Necktie Skirts & Purses SandiTX 4 Oct 7, 2008 3:15 AM
Lascaux.....and brush water melody 27 Feb 29, 2008 7:46 PM
Free Accessory Patterns Yuska 13 Apr 18, 2008 9:11 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America