Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Cut Flowers and Floral Design: FlowerPot Cafe 2010 - #2

Communities > Forums > Cut Flowers and Floral Design
bookmark
Forum: Cut Flowers and Floral DesignReplies: 101, Views: 289
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

January 28, 2010
7:29 PM

Post #7505826

W
E
L
C
O
M
E

TO THE

F
L
O
W
E
R
P
O
T

C
A
F
E

We came from here -----> http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1065146/

Before I opened the new Cafe I was just about to say we FINALLY got some snow! So we'll have snow for maybe 6 weeks and then it'll be SPRING! And we know Spring is coming because it's seed starting time! I have some annual Hibiscus seeds starting to sprout :)

So come in out of the cold and have a hot drink (___)p

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

January 29, 2010
1:23 AM

Post #7506942

(___)D
dalfyre
Christchurch
New Zealand

January 29, 2010
6:38 AM

Post #7507809

fresh from my garden this morning...

Thumbnail by dalfyre
Click the image for an enlarged view.

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

January 29, 2010
2:38 PM

Post #7508412

Sweet dalfyre!
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

January 29, 2010
5:55 PM

Post #7509135

Thanks for the new cafe Steven.

Teresa (sp) that is really a pretty spring bouquet, every color of the rainbow, makes me want spring to be right around my corner!
SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

January 29, 2010
6:12 PM

Post #7509167

Teresa that is very pretty. Thankyou!

I'm trying to tell myself that if I look out the window I'll see spring.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

January 29, 2010
6:43 PM

Post #7509243

Well don't look over this way Steven cause you won't see it lol!
dalfyre
Christchurch
New Zealand

January 29, 2010
7:05 PM

Post #7509302

if you look out my window you will see a garden not sure if it is stilll high summer or autumn...
this summer has been over cast & cool.
Not always raining but not sunny either.
Great weather for some plants but the tomatoes are hating it.
I have one fruit on my beefsteak, two trusses (is that the right term?) of cherry tomatoes, & one small tomato on the Early Girl starting to turn pink...
my noid from last years crop has not even flowered.
normally I am giving two litre icecream containers away by now.
One year I kept the bistro at work supplied in sweet 100's for the salads.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

January 30, 2010
3:44 AM

Post #7510915

No spring here...snow!
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

January 30, 2010
9:16 PM

Post #7512940

Snow here as well and we weren't supposed to get any hah! I told Steve to turn on the weatherman channel and I bet they are talking about me and wondering how I knew when they didn't LOL! Well my bones know and the sky tells, why don't they ever consider that in their forecast?
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

January 30, 2010
11:47 PM

Post #7513429

They do.. there is a weathermap of just aches and pains.. go to the weather channel! Although I still dont go by that map either...my aches are a different forecast!

Well, I have a bunch of seed to catalog so I best get back to the office.
dalfyre
Christchurch
New Zealand

January 31, 2010
1:00 AM

Post #7513687

I have sunshine... so happy!
At last real summer weather, my tomato is turning red & I see it has a companion...
sad how excited I am by two tomatoes this year.
I wonder if our winter is going to be unusually harsh?
I know the Northern Hemisphere is copping it with way more snow & extreme cold.
Time will tell.
soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

February 1, 2010
6:55 AM

Post #7517796

We had sunshine this whole weekend too!!! Felt wonderful. Still too wet to do any garden cleanup though. Got dead gingers, dahlias, etc., all waiting to be cleaned up.
dalfyre
Christchurch
New Zealand

February 2, 2010
6:21 AM

Post #7521365

what remains of the elderberry tree...

Thumbnail by dalfyre

dalfyre
Christchurch
New Zealand

February 2, 2010
6:27 AM

Post #7521377

Fond Memories rose...

Thumbnail by dalfyre

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

February 2, 2010
6:54 AM

Post #7521413

OooO! what a lovely rose!
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

February 2, 2010
4:46 PM

Post #7522431

Lovely, so have any of you been following all the scuttlebut with the new owners of DG?
SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

February 2, 2010
5:11 PM

Post #7522525

[quote]scuttlebut[/quote]

HAHAHAHA! I'm not really worried, the new people seem to have good intentions. I just hope they keep the membership fee. I think it helps to keep out spammers and creepers.
SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

February 2, 2010
5:12 PM

Post #7522527

dalfyre, very nice rose! It's kind of odd to think that somewhere else in the world it's warm and roses are blooming.
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

February 2, 2010
6:10 PM

Post #7522658

Candee, what is the news on the new owners? As part o the "spammers and creepers" who don't pay for the membership any longer I have missed any and all announcements.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

February 2, 2010
7:02 PM

Post #7522835

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1073132/

SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

February 2, 2010
7:08 PM

Post #7522861

Sorry Zany! Thats not what I meant at all! Please don't take what I said in a bad/wrong way.
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

February 2, 2010
7:31 PM

Post #7522938

Candee, that is on a forum that is not available to non subscribers...which is why I was in the dark ;~)

SW, don't worry, I have a tough skin, a forgiving nature and a short memory that won't let me stay upset even if I wanted to! We are fine!
SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

February 2, 2010
7:58 PM

Post #7523036

great! :)
dalfyre
Christchurch
New Zealand

February 3, 2010
9:09 AM

Post #7524899

I'm not a subscriber either, there are a few good free forums that keep me busy enough - like this one ^_^
Have heard the odd comment about new owners - and out of context as they are for us non subscibers the comments can be very odd indeed...
dalfyre
Christchurch
New Zealand

February 3, 2010
9:24 AM

Post #7524912

and my garden surprised me with a gladioli...
had thought it was something else & shifted it from a dark spot behind the roses to the front with other bulbs/corms & it flowered.

Thumbnail by dalfyre

dalfyre
Christchurch
New Zealand

February 3, 2010
9:27 AM

Post #7524913

MeeMum offered me some gladdies, mini ones, now I have discovered I can grow them accidentally it might be time to take her up on that.
In fact I think the one in my garden probably came from MeeMum, she gave me a few mystery bulbs, none like this so it was neat surprise.

Thumbnail by dalfyre

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

February 3, 2010
1:59 PM

Post #7525275

Beautiful glad Teresa, lovin that color, really pops!
Didn't realize non scribers couldn't read the thread. Think the gist is there is a new owner for DG and Dave is no longer part of the Admin here. For those of us who started out with Dave many years ago, this is sad news.
SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

February 3, 2010
5:19 PM

Post #7525903

I think they're saying now he still is part of the admin but just has to answer to the new owners. But, heck, I could be wrong. I should probably shut it before I put my foot in my mouth again :)
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

February 4, 2010
3:02 AM

Post #7527587

New owner?? Huh? Jeez I take off a few days and whats this?
bigred
Ashdown, AR
(Zone 8a)

February 4, 2010
12:30 PM

Post #7528314

...and everything goes to heck in a hand basket...LOL
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

February 4, 2010
1:56 PM

Post #7528515

Owell, whachagonnadoo?
SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

February 4, 2010
4:53 PM

Post #7529157

The most that you could do is cancel your membership and stop using the site. Which I would hate to do as this site keeps me alive through the winter.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

February 4, 2010
5:38 PM

Post #7529292

I wouldn't do anything drastic Steven, this is the best gardening site, least right now and we helped make it that way. Businesses change hands every day, just sad that Dave didn't have a say in things. As it stands right now, Dave doesn't have any admin rights, he is a subscriber and will continue to be around the forums like all of us for as long as he desires.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

February 4, 2010
6:34 PM

Post #7529465

Well, I just peeked in on the "scuttlebutt" and I just hope they do not change things too drastically, about the only thing I do not like is the journal format.. it was over my head.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

February 4, 2010
6:46 PM

Post #7529506

Took me a while to get the journal format BB and by the time I mastered it, I lost interest LOL! I think I have one huge journal from 2002 and then a couple small ones and then none!
I guess time will tell about the changes, let me say that if we go down overnight never to be seen on the web again, I thank each and every one of you for your friendship! ^_^
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

February 4, 2010
7:40 PM

Post #7529658

Well, thats why I put my journaling on the trade list...I dint have time for messing with more
SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

February 4, 2010
8:08 PM

Post #7529744

I find the journal SO confusing! Everytime I figure it out, I totally forget the next time I try it again. So it doesn't get used any more. I keep track of plants I want on my Trade List which is far easier.

Thankyou Candee for your kind words! Ditto.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

February 4, 2010
8:18 PM

Post #7529780

Well, there you have it folks! LOL! The journal is too tough.

Well yano, the thought has just occured to me why did all this start on a thread for the scuttlebutt and not through an official announcement like through individual D-mail????
Could it be all rumor?

I put my 2c in on the open forum, likethat will do any good, but you'd a thought that they would have made some sort of official announcement to open THAT kind of discussion.

Well, I just hope maybe they would take it to a vote to the public her and let us help them, because after all its the users who make the forums. Twernt for us, they all would not have their website.
SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

February 4, 2010
8:59 PM

Post #7529932

[quote]Twernt for us, they all would not have their website. [/quote]

Well said Blossom!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

February 4, 2010
10:30 PM

Post #7530232

Well SW, ya better go tell it to them on the MOUNTAIN... I tried. And you can feel free to qoute me just as ya did there!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1073548/#new

rUN DONT WALK!
SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

February 4, 2010
11:28 PM

Post #7530377

I've said all I'm going to over there! Now I'm just waiting to see if the New Guy responds to my comment, which I addressed to him!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

February 5, 2010
5:01 AM

Post #7531322

I hear ya... just gotta wait and see what tumbles down. Jeez, I HATE CHANGE!
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

February 5, 2010
5:28 AM

Post #7531359

I can't get too heated up over it since it was Dave's choice to sell the site a few years back. The new owners then kept Dave as administrator and the change went smoothly. Now it has sold again as happens in business. Only time will tell what the new owners will do with it. Hopefully they will not make any drastic changes since it works so well and has grown into a substantial presence on the www.

The plant database, the bookworm, the ability to rate and read feedback on related businesses, the insect files and on and on... are what make this site what it is, We the people are where all that info comes from. The forums on the otherhand are fun and draw us addicts back day after day. Dave set up a very unique and amazing bit of software in the process. For that he has my respect and admiration. I know he is going on to new things and am watching his new site with a great deal of interest. I don't see it as a replacement for DG but rather as a new and exciting venture.

I would think that the new owners will want to make a few changes but what those will be is up to them. I'll continue to enjoy the garden for now and play the wait and see game. I think it only fair to give them a fair and open mind for now.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

February 5, 2010
6:10 AM

Post #7531415

Well, Im not getting heated up over it either.. I just want to know what happens to our data, our photos etc.

I can understand Dave making his changes. We as individuals need to do what we all need to do. Live changes and moving on is a part of that. It is sad, but true.

Daves to me, though has been like a pair of comfy shoes.. they fit nice, were good and get you where you want to be. Breaking in a new pair is like getting callouses!

So ok, BTW, what is his new website? Where do we go? Worst I can do is chek it out.

I do want to know though how we can transfer our data if we are having to move. Our journals and trade lists are important peices of each of us so one would think that those co with us if we go elsewhere.
soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

February 5, 2010
6:36 AM

Post #7531444

Zany - thanks for the background info. I am curious, like BB, about the new website you mentioned. What is it?
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

February 5, 2010
12:35 PM

Post #7531680

Funny you should mention the photos and posts BB. Reminds me why I came to Daves. Do you recall the beginning Zany. I was using a garden site, have long since forgotten the name, and I had photo albums of almost every photo I had ever taken, thousands. Dave and several others from here were all members. One day I logged on and found all my albums GONE! No photos nothing, I had a fit as did many others. The company offered us the option of purchasing our photos from them on Cd's which I promptly did as I had not backup of the photos. Meanwhile I got an email from Dave inviting me to come visit his new venture Daves Garden, I think there were about 100 of us or so that ventured there and well the rest is history. So as for your photos BB, you may want to start right clickin on your entries and saving them to your computer for future reference, better to do it now especially if we get a surprise and you don't have any copies or backup!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

February 5, 2010
12:51 PM

Post #7531700

Well, I just posted to the new owners.. YA WANNA BUY MY PICS.. they are for sale for the right price.. negotiations are open. Sheesh. I guess maybe its just time to start my own website. Write my own book and be done.
SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

February 5, 2010
6:19 PM

Post #7532632

I've never had my pics stolen from me (yet) so I can't say how that feels, but theres not much we can do now except wait and see. I hope everyone stays around here though, it would be a shame to have anyone go over this "scuttlebut" :)
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

February 5, 2010
8:10 PM

Post #7532960

Pictures posted here remain the property of the person who posted them but by posting them we agreed that the site has the right to use them for promotional purposes in addition to their use here on the site. That did not change with the change in ownership. They have no more or less obbligation to maintain them than Dave did the day he first set up the site. As with any site, there is the chance they will be lost or deleted. Any pictures you have posted should be backed up by you for safe keeping.

No site anywhere will give you a guarantee that they will not lose your photo's or anything else you may post. Like any site it may be closed, hit by a virus and wiped out, Have their servers struck by lightening or...

I personally wish the new owners a long and profitable run with their new acquisition. As it has been pointed out before, much of the sucess of this site is directly from the contributions of it's members. Panic and flight could result in the very things we least want to see happen. Please stay calm and give them a chance.
SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

February 5, 2010
8:16 PM

Post #7532981

I agree Zany!

Right now, I'm trying organize all my perennial seeds in a spreadsheet...man is it ever a pain! And I don't even have THAT many perennial seeds...I'm cringing at the thought of doing the annuals list...
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

February 5, 2010
11:14 PM

Post #7533500

Well, I just plain need a break and a hot cup of tea. Winter has returned to my neck of the woods and well gonna be a day or two before its anything but white with 3-4 or more predicted. So reality check here. All is not what is on the internet.

Personally I have not made any decision on leaving DG. I have however given the other side of the fence a look. Im in ponder mode. To click or not to click... that is the question! Its not a matter to where the grass is greener for me.

Seems people want me on both sides. To that I am deeply flattered. I am grateful to my friends here and what need I say more at this time. For the moment ya'll know where you can find me. Nothing has changed that. If my vine travels to the other side, just consider it Im reaching out for more space to bloom and wander.

So for now, lets just all raise a glass, mug or cheeto and toast the moment. It was a great man, Bob Hope his name was that said it best and bless his big hearted soul,
He said... Thanks for the memories. And while there are still memories to be made, old Blossom says this, Cheerish each moment. Live, love and laaaff.

And for Gods sake, dont a one of ya mess yer keyboards!
SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

February 6, 2010
12:03 AM

Post #7533666

I'll take the cheeto.

*crunch*

Ooops...it's gone before I could toast.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

February 6, 2010
12:53 AM

Post #7533886

...}...

(___)?
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

February 7, 2010
6:09 PM

Post #7538681

What a time for the snowblower to break down. Worked a bit yesterday then quit and I been shoveling ever since.

Thumbnail by haighr

SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

February 7, 2010
6:12 PM

Post #7538688

UGH! Candee...that is nasty!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

February 7, 2010
6:53 PM

Post #7538829

Haighr, dont give yourself a heart attack shoveling.

Git your butt in here for a cuppa! After you warm up a bit, honker down and
make sure your provisions are stocked. There are two more storms on the way. The second one is barking at my door tonite or tomorrow and the third coming up from the 4 Corners. Third one sounds like a nasty one. Both heading up the trough to the east coast.

The second feels like a very high pressure system and if my aches and pains are barking at me right, the third will be very cold. Aint so much the snow that will be the issue, it will be the weather after it falls and the ccccold! Then the thaw. PA has 24-28" there. We got 3-6" in drifts here, with the next waaaaft of 3-5" more coming. BUt by the time it comes your way.. dont know what it will add.

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

February 7, 2010
10:39 PM

Post #7539551

Man, I am inside for now, can't get out to get to work tomorrow and like you said another storm coming Tues into Wed. Thanks for the cuppa, I went over and tried to help our neighbor dig out as well and it is funny cause her husband can't shovel and I won't let Steve shovel much cause he is so screwed together, so there we are two little chicks out there with shovels .
Sounds like we all need to duck this coming week. I tried to get some snow off my arborvitae it is smashed and lost a big limb on my lilac and tried to get some heavy stuff off other things, but I can hardly navigate through this stuff. I remember when I was a bit lighter on my feet and didn't fall in knee deep but no longer the case. I am well up my knickers in this stuff!

Thumbnail by haighr

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

February 7, 2010
11:58 PM

Post #7539750

Well. so far so good here. It was sunny, it warmed a little and a little of the white stuff but not to make a hoot of difference. I can feel the cold front in my bones and its not fun.

I had dinner and was just about to take a nap. I think I will make another cuppa first though.

The weather seems to be the "hot" topic.
SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

February 8, 2010
12:52 AM

Post #7539882

Thats a heck of alot of snow Candee!

I don't really know what else to talk about other then the weather...OH! I know! I've been on here WAY TOO MUCH the last few days! This and the other site have me addicted.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

February 8, 2010
12:56 AM

Post #7539898

Well im just plumb tired!
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

February 8, 2010
1:45 AM

Post #7540059

Bad weather tends to keep me at the computer more also. But bad for me right now is 45-55 degrees and scattered showers not the white stuff you are dealing with. BRRRR!
SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

February 8, 2010
1:48 AM

Post #7540077

I never noticed Zany but you're in zone 9! Lucky you! I love rain, especialy spring rain :)
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

February 8, 2010
2:28 AM

Post #7540177

It has been warm enough for a lot of the trees to bloom. Right now it is mostly the decorative plum trees but the fruiting plum is looking like it will burst out in a few days. It happens every year. They bloom and then we get another couple of storm fronds that will destroy all the lovely flowers. Most years it is just long enough for them to be pollinated and still get a crop but sometimes it blows the flowers off befor they get a chance. I tend to think of them as natures notice that there is more winter coming and spring will arrive much later...
soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

February 8, 2010
6:07 AM

Post #7540656

Hold off those blooms, Zany. I have not sprayed the nectarine yet for peach leaf curl!!! I always have good intentions of spraying at the proper intervals, but time gets away. And now, trying to find a window of three days (and it has to be on the weekend) of dry weather is hard with all this rain. And - you have to spray before the blooms open so I need winter to stick around a little longer. LoL. As a rule, I do not like to spray, but it is a fact of life that if you want peaches or nectarines, you have to spray for peach leaf curl. All my other fruit trees - cherry, lemon, tangerine, persimmon, apricots - they are all fine with just some fertilzer once a while.

Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

February 8, 2010
6:46 AM

Post #7540680

Well, I hope the rain will ease up a bit for you. We are expecting very light rains tomorrow but they may slide past us and hit the valley instead. I wish I could stay in one place long enough to enjoy my own fruit trees! Apples, pears and plums and persimmons do wonderfully here. The rest are borderline at best and rot more often than the thrive.

We make up for it with artichokes and strawberries.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

February 8, 2010
9:06 PM

Post #7542538

WEll we went out today least around the block and things are a mess. 30 " of snow fell and another storm coming tomorrow perhaps with another 10". No work today as my work was closed, good cause there is not way I can make it across those mountains, not sure when I will get back to work with more coming? ugh!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

February 9, 2010
5:43 AM

Post #7543835

Well Haighr, so far the storm has not hit us yet, so maybe, just maybe you will not get as much as they are talking and the derned thing will fizzle out!

It looks like colder weather will be coming here though.

Hey who made da salad??!!

YUMMMM!

Thumbnail by BLOSSOMBUDDY

Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

February 9, 2010
6:44 AM

Post #7543912

30" of snow! More coming!!! I think I remember now why I never moved away from Californias coastline ;~)
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

February 9, 2010
1:46 PM

Post #7544278

Just was outside...I keep thinking spring.. but... the nose twitching aint working...

Break out the hot chocolate... plug in the zambonies...

SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

February 9, 2010
5:52 PM

Post #7545012

Well...we're supposed to get what they're calling a "snow storm"! 4 inches of snow. I think it'll be the most we've had all winter.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

February 9, 2010
6:17 PM

Post #7545092

Its been coming down.. tiny powderflakes.. nothing to get hung about or so it appears. I am debating to plow though.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

February 9, 2010
9:34 PM

Post #7545487

Well we have blizzard conditions out at the moment, who's got the ice cream as I spent the day doing some cooking just in case we lose power with this one with the heavy winds. They say we may ger another 20+ inches. Steve got the snow blowr thawed and hoping it will work as I am tired of shoveling! Now let's have some pie!

Thumbnail by haighr

SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

February 9, 2010
9:38 PM

Post #7545494

Ooooooooo...*drool*...that pie looks SOOOO good!

I can reach out but I cant take it...my hand just hits the screen...
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

February 10, 2010
12:17 AM

Post #7545923

Well I just came in from plowing...I will take a hot choco and what ever I can fork in my mouth! YUMMMY pie! Thanks!.
bigred
Ashdown, AR
(Zone 8a)

February 10, 2010
12:57 PM

Post #7547238

I made some chicken fajitas on whole wheat tortillas the other night. Sorry...no pictures...ate it all...LOL. Making a wilted spinach salad for today's garden club meeting/luncheon.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

February 10, 2010
1:01 PM

Post #7547249

I would hate to be on the east coast...but yano, I cant think of a better place for snow than in Washington. They can have it. COurse, with all the hot air there, it shouldnt last long. LOL!
bigred
Ashdown, AR
(Zone 8a)

February 10, 2010
1:26 PM

Post #7547307

no blooms this time of the year but here last year's attack of the killer bubbles

Thumbnail by bigred

bigred
Ashdown, AR
(Zone 8a)

February 10, 2010
1:30 PM

Post #7547321

again...last year ..Styrax japonica "Pink Chimes"

Thumbnail by bigred

bigred
Ashdown, AR
(Zone 8a)

February 10, 2010
1:33 PM

Post #7547332

happy little pig in a bed of larkspur seedlings

Thumbnail by bigred

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

February 10, 2010
2:33 PM

Post #7547485

Aaaaaah shadup! LOL

Reality check going on here... me thinks either the wind or the quake shook my lectric snake out of the plug and da tank froze...

bigred
Ashdown, AR
(Zone 8a)

February 10, 2010
3:29 PM

Post #7547622

No...You shaddup*G*

my favorite combo in the butterfly garden

Thumbnail by bigred

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

February 10, 2010
5:26 PM

Post #7548049

I think our deer are headed over to your flower patch there Peggy, so better take cover.

Thumbnail by haighr

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

February 10, 2010
5:33 PM

Post #7548077

Still undetermened if the tank heater is working.. grrrr...

Know one thing though, ran out of potting soil.. now thats cause to panic!

Im sending the suspected warr-er chaw-er down to you though patty!

SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

February 10, 2010
10:02 PM

Post #7548826

AWWW!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

February 10, 2010
10:10 PM

Post #7548845

One of yours there SW???!

Oh well, I changed my mine, he/she is a keeper. If I can get that close to a wild rabbit.. that says something! Its been around for a long time. Must be my animal magnetism moojo going again.

Well, soups on.. who ordered the BBQ Bird, smashed and juiced?

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

February 10, 2010
10:16 PM

Post #7548855

and salad...

bigred
Ashdown, AR
(Zone 8a)

February 11, 2010
12:07 PM

Post #7550338

let's not be winter house bound looking at food...we need FLOWERS

Thumbnail by bigred

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

February 11, 2010
12:14 PM

Post #7550352

easy fer you to say.. my houseplants aint blooming much.

Gimme those!
bigred
Ashdown, AR
(Zone 8a)

February 11, 2010
12:24 PM

Post #7550370

these are from last year...I'm pining for spring

house plants...Mini African violet

Thumbnail by bigred

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

February 11, 2010
12:58 PM

Post #7550427

I wish I could grow those. Ok.. just fer you I gandered at my "weeds" in the house.. so here you go..todays pics...I think you sent me a pileof them and they went by the way of the cereal killer..

Coleus.. wizard variety.. never mind the water spots.. that is how hard my water is! UGH!

bigred
Ashdown, AR
(Zone 8a)

February 11, 2010
1:06 PM

Post #7550441

I got some kind of fungus in my AV and lost a bunch of them. Ones I have left aren't looking to spiffy. Hopefully they'll perk back up in the spring.

Butt-load of epsicia/Flame Violet seedlings on my light bench. Pod plant is my own hybrid "Pink Pearl x..."whoes yer daddy?" I had Faded Jaded,Silver Skies,Kiwi,Tropicla Topaz and Strawberry Patch all growing close to it so..whoes yer daddy can be any one of them...or maybe self

This message was edited Feb 11, 2010 7:07 AM

Thumbnail by bigred

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

February 11, 2010
1:27 PM

Post #7550474

Do you have chocolate soldier? I had that one and loved it to peices...um literally... peices...of cereal... But it was gorgy while it lasted@

Well speaking of lasting.. heres a rear moment.. My poinsetta from Christmas is still alive! Its alive I tell ya.. what the heck did I do wrong?! LOL!

bigred
Ashdown, AR
(Zone 8a)

February 11, 2010
1:42 PM

Post #7550496

No only have the ones listed

My favorite jonquil/daff...Erlicheer(last year). This smells sooooo good.

Thumbnail by bigred

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

February 11, 2010
1:45 PM

Post #7550504

MOre coleus..

bigred
Ashdown, AR
(Zone 8a)

February 11, 2010
2:02 PM

Post #7550541

Uh-oh! Where'd our pictures go?
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

February 11, 2010
2:44 PM

Post #7550634

OOooooh DANGIT! Broken links.. me too.

Where they go?

OOOOH Master of the PC on this web.. we need your assistance...
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

February 11, 2010
2:54 PM

Post #7550661

OK MASTER! Thank you!

The links are werking fer me now.. How bout you Patty????

Can ya just see these in yer garden???

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

February 11, 2010
3:02 PM

Post #7550684

SPOKE TO SOON!

Still red xing Here and on the trade list.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

February 11, 2010
3:03 PM

Post #7550687

Time to open a new cafe... going over to the ZAMBONIE one.. this threads too long!
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

February 12, 2010
10:41 PM

Post #7554461

Huh? Where are we going?
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

February 13, 2010
1:17 AM

Post #7554856

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1074312/#new

ZAAAAMBONIE!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Cut Flowers and Floral Design Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the Cut Flowers and Floral Design Forum dave 40 Apr 24, 2008 2:40 PM
Starting us off Wvdaisy 36 Apr 24, 2007 9:24 PM
My Tropical displays. celt33040 8 Apr 23, 2007 12:26 PM
Articles and tips about processing cut flowers.... gemini_sage 23 Aug 7, 2012 4:11 AM
Vases Lenjo 83 Jul 31, 2008 2:11 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America