Checking out WS. A question

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

A friend pointed me in this direction and WSing sounds intriging (sp?). I have 2 questions to begin with. 1) Can you WS regular garden veggies like i usually grow under lights? 2) How do you sow the seeds in milk jugs through the little whole in the top of the jug? I have lots more questions but I'll limit it to these 2 right now. thanks.

SE Houston (Hobby), TX(Zone 9a)

Ok girlie. Jump over to the WSing forum and look for the thread "2010- rolling right along." Start @ the top. All the info is there and pictures, too! And your answers are 1) YES and 2) It's sow unbelievably easy a Caveman wouldn't even bother! Here's a sampler of what you'll find on that thread. These are some of my WSed veggies.
I'll never grow inside under lights again!
Linda

Thumbnail by Gymgirl

Ok CajuninKy, one more pic. Your seedlings don't grow out the top - you split the jug open on three sides and make a lid with a hinge.
Linda

Thumbnail by Gymgirl
Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

This just sounds too good to be true. Do I understand this right? I can plant cukes, maters, eggplants, ect in gallon jugs now, leave them sitting in a spot with morning sun and they will sprout when the time is right for them. then i plant them out...when?

Yep.

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Plant them out at the regular time? Just like if I raised them under lights?
Will they get to big for the jugs very quickly?

Cajun did you go to the wintersown.org site? This is the official site that discusses everything having 2 do with winter sowing seeds. All your answers and more can be found there!
Linda

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Thanks. I'll check it out as time permits. This sounds promising.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images