Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

p. Moranensis in winter leaf

Poughkeepsie, NY(Zone 6a)

p. Moranensis in winter leaf

Thumbnail by tommyr2006
Arlington, TX

How hard are the pings to grow? I would like to try one and am wondering which is easiest?
C

Try a Moranensis like mine. They seem easy. Any tropical Ping should do fine for you I think. Google Tropical pings.

Tampa, FL(Zone 9b)

I do better with the tropical pings. I grow them on the window sill with a light hanging over them. Wouldn't need a light, if any windows in my house allowed light in.

It took me years to get the right species to be able to grow them. I agree Moranensis are the easiest and there's a bunch to choose from. I tried my natives and they die the fastest. :)

I never saw this message originally. What a beautiful plant.

I just got a P. "Tehuacan", which is beautiful with a tinge of pink. Really lovely. I hope to keep it alive. I also got a P. rotundiflora, which is tiny and pretty. I got them both from cobraplants.com Really lovely plants. They arrived on Thursday.

north coast nsw, Australia

Heres my pinny, it sits on the ground in my orchid greenhouse in a tray of water and gravel (raising humidity as it evaporates). Not sure which it is but it has flowered once and produced one baby i removed and gave to a friend.

Thumbnail by breeindy
Tampa, FL(Zone 9b)

That is a beautiful plant. I hope to get pictures of my plants to post in the near future. I got a couple nice ones recently.

Kind of looks like a Moranensis. Here's a recent one of mine:

Thumbnail by tommyr2006
Arlington, TX

I envy anyone who has a green house. My dream is to set up an area with a lot of grow lights and shelves in my dining room area.
C

I wish I had a greenhouse.....

Tampa, FL(Zone 9b)

Me too. If I had a greenhouse, I could keep more Nepenthes.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.