Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Peppers: Free Aji Dulce seeds

Communities > Forums > Peppers
bookmark
Forum: PeppersReplies: 5, Views: 214
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

dreaves

dreaves
Hutto, TX
(Zone 8b)

January 31, 2010
7:29 PM

Post #7515839

I mentioned on another thread that I have some extra Aji Dulce seeds after buying from Southern Exposure Seed Exchange. I packaged them up into 15-seed baggies and discovered that I had about 90 spare seeds. I still have 5 packets available. Send me a D-Mail (PM) with your mailing address and I will send you a packet of the Aji Dulce seeds. I don't see any reason to waste the seeds. If I can't save seeds from the plants this year, then I will just have to order fresh seed next year anyway. I'll edit this message when the seeds are gone.

David R

ALL GONE as of Feb 9.

UPDATE: I sprouted some of the seeds on a wet, folded, coffee filter in a baggie. I have about 80% sprouted in the first week. The baggie was on a seed-starting heat mat, set at 85 degree (F). These seem to be decent seeds, so everyone that has received should get some seedlings sprouted.

This message was edited Feb 9, 2010 7:27 AM

Thumbnail by dreaves
Click the image for an enlarged view.

critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

February 6, 2010
5:15 AM

Post #7534607

I'm applauding your generosity... but just FYI, I've had no trouble germinating pepper seeds that were 5 or 6 years old.

:-)
faronell
Henderson, NV
(Zone 8b)

February 11, 2010
11:44 PM

Post #7552099

You've got mail,
FaroNell
(Lee)
Ozark
Ozark, MO
(Zone 6a)

February 18, 2010
12:32 AM

Post #7567892

I see dreaves is out of Aji Dulce seeds, but I've got plenty of them and will continue his offer. Just Dmail me your mailing address.

critterologist - these are your Aji Dulce II peppers, from seeds you kindly sent me in last winter's seed coop. I don't know if they're exactly the same strain dreaves was offering but they sure are good, and I saved lots of seeds from 2009.

Also, if anybody else wants some Maui Purple Pepper seeds, also saved last fall, I've got lots of those too - just let me know.
donbo7011
Brooksville, FL

March 15, 2010
6:04 AM

Post #7630306

Try pre-soaking the seeds in Gibberellic acid, 24-48 hrs in a closed container. (about 500-1000ppm). These seeds will sprout really fast(with heat mat and seed starting mix). Less than a week.
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

March 15, 2010
5:38 PM

Post #7632001

Nice offer, Ozark, thanks! I saved those seeds from the 2008 season... the seeds I grew out for those plants came from Flip! It's fun how these things get passed around.

Don, I wouldn't mess with Gibberellic acid unless I had some really old seeds or so few rare seeds that I needed to throw everything in my arsenal at them to get them to sprout. Soaking them for a few hours in warm water with a little hydrogen peroxide or chamomile tea and then putting the seed starting tray on the heat mat should work fine. Many of my peppers germinate in as little as 3 days with that method... I've got seedlings that will definitely want transplanting by/before this weekend, when they'll be just 2 weeks old. That's pretty good. :-)

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Peppers Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Name This Sweet, Sweet Pepper Tplant 117 Apr 3, 2008 12:24 AM
pepper plants started HERBIE43 7 Oct 11, 2007 12:56 PM
Hungarian Hot Wax Peppers - What Do You Do With Them? Breezymeadow 21 Mar 20, 2008 2:58 AM
fish peppers up and growing HERBIE43 32 Jul 24, 2009 8:35 PM
Peppers resource thread - opinions & suggestions, please Terry 13 Aug 31, 2010 10:38 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America