Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Buying, Transplanting, and Caring for Bareroot Plants: excellent

Communities > Forums > Article: Buying, Transplanting, and Caring for Bareroot Plants
bookmark
Forum: Article: Buying, Transplanting, and Caring for Bareroot PlantsReplies: 2, Views: 14
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
marti001
Somerset, KY
(Zone 6b)

February 1, 2010
12:16 AM

Post #7516739

Gave me some information that I didn't know about handling bareroot plants. As I have some coming in the mail, this will help me start them out right. I'm used to a more sander soil in Calif so this red clay of Somerset is making me work at composting it. Wish I could afford a truck load of sand to mix with it.
tcfromky
Mercer, PA
(Zone 5a)

February 8, 2010
3:19 AM

Post #7540303

Hey Marti! Thanks for reading.

You can pick up some playground sand relatively cheap. That'll amend your clay soil nicely.

TC (from KY, Green County)
marti001
Somerset, KY
(Zone 6b)

February 8, 2010
6:08 PM

Post #7541954

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll check into that today. It would sure help.

Marti

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Buying, Transplanting, and Caring for Bareroot Plants Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
That was helpful to read sassy1936 1 Feb 8, 2010 3:17 AM
Good as always.... VGMKY 1 Feb 8, 2010 3:16 AM
WHERE WOULD I FIND? Montana2955 1 Feb 1, 2010 4:57 PM
Bare Root Plants rutholive 1 Feb 8, 2010 3:15 AM
I hope someone sees this soon... DramaBB82 1 May 27, 2010 5:23 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America