Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Cats versus House Plants: Cats & Houseplants

Communities > Forums > Article: Cats versus House Plants
bookmark
Forum: Article: Cats versus House PlantsReplies: 3, Views: 22
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
orangegrovegirl
Port Saint Lucie, FL

February 1, 2010
9:28 PM

Post #7519598

I used to be owned by 6 cats but all my houseplants are out on my porch on a glass-topped table. The cats died of old age (except for one that got hit by a car when he was 10; after that, the rest became indoor cats). Now I'm owned by an 8-month old "kitten" who weighs over 11 lbs. and is hyperactive. Heaven forbid if he could get paws and fangs on my houseplants. I had to laugh when I read that citrus is supposed to be one of the scents not liked by cats. Over the weekend I went to a Kumquat Festival with my son and granddaughters and we brought back some kumquats (oval ones which were the ones I grew up with and another variety that is round and sweeter). Parker found the round ones, proceeded to get them out of their mesh package, and play with them through three rooms of my house. My husband found several but not enough to approximate what was in the bag. I had just read about the aerosol can in "Cat Fancy" mag. I think I'm gonna try that because Parker seems to love water. (I think there's a dog gene mixed up in him somewhere... he chews on cardboard and my wicker baskets, sits on his hind legs to "beg", carries toys in his mouth, follows us like a puppy, would drink out of the toilet if we didn't keep the lids down.)
threegardeners
North Augusta, ON

February 1, 2010
10:01 PM

Post #7519719

LOL

Parker sounds like an exceptional cat!
Illig1
Redwood City, CA

February 2, 2010
1:14 AM

Post #7520344

Parker's definitely a character!
dordee
Silex, MO

April 23, 2010
10:16 PM

Post #7731873

AT LEAST THEY KEEP LIFE INTERESTING FOR US.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Cats versus House Plants Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
fun article Dutchlady1 6 Feb 5, 2008 5:11 PM
Great Job Lee Anne! plantladylin 1 Apr 23, 2010 10:35 PM
Your friend Slant..aka Rugcat rugcat 1 Jan 27, 2008 1:59 AM
cats and house plants hihosilver63 1 Apr 23, 2010 10:33 PM
Cats and plants baileyweb 1 Apr 23, 2010 10:28 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America