Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Strawberries and Snow: I love strawberries

Communities > Forums > Article: Strawberries and Snow
bookmark
Forum: Article: Strawberries and SnowReplies: 1, Views: 11
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Elena
Middle, TN
(Zone 6b)

February 2, 2010
2:10 AM

Post #7520541

I could eat strawberries all the time and not get tired of them. Daddy had a huge strawberry patch when we were kids and I used to go out there and eat my fill whenever they were ripe and I thought in was in heaven. It used to amaze me how big they could get and how juicy and sweet. Mother always made enough strawberry jam to last all year and froze enough berries for strawberry shortcakes all winter. Gosh, oh, gee! Wish I had some in the freezer and I would eat them right now.
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

February 2, 2010
2:12 AM

Post #7520552

Yep, it was just like that, but I talked my grandmother into making strawberry cakes for me all the time, so I ate all the strawberries before winter was over. I loved those strawberry cakes made from jam or frozen. I would have included her recipe if I could have found it.

I crave it even now!

Thanks Elena, great to hear from you.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Strawberries and Snow Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
I want some now too Quilter5bdsr 1 Feb 2, 2010 1:11 AM
Strawberries.... zhinusmom 2 Feb 13, 2014 7:53 AM
Feb. is strawberry-craving month Hemophobic 7 Feb 2, 2010 4:36 PM
Strawberries and Events That Happen! NEILMUIR1 17 Feb 16, 2010 3:08 AM
O Yes Our Beluved Snow! dahlianut 7 Feb 8, 2010 4:40 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America