Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Spaghetti squash: fun to eat and easy to grow: Winter sow Spaghetti Squash

Communities > Forums > Article: Spaghetti squash: fun to eat and easy to grow
bookmark
Forum: Article: Spaghetti squash: fun to eat and easy to growReplies: 1, Views: 16
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
birder17
Jackson, MO
(Zone 6b)

February 4, 2010
1:36 AM

Post #7527335

I winter sowed Sp. Squash last year. Every seed sprouted. I transplanted the plants in Spring. They took off with no resentment. I planted them with Butternut squash (winter sown) to climb up the same wire fence we made for the plants. The spaghetti squash pretty much took over. Produced a lot of squash and grew over the 9 foot or more fence/trellis. I am not going to plant Sp Squash this year as we prefer the Butternut. It's more versatile for cooking and to me, is more tasty--also more calories! It also over winters better than Sp Squash.
Aunt_A

February 4, 2010
2:36 AM

Post #7527483

birder17,

Very interesting! Thanks for reading and commenting. I do love Butternut squash w/ real butter, salt and pepper.

Side note: (We don't use margarine and haven't for 30 years. I just read that "margarine is but ONE MOLECULE away from being PLASTIC... and shares 27 ingredients with PAINT". I don't know how true that is, but it is interesting.)

Thanks again,

April

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Spaghetti squash: fun to eat and easy to grow Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Can you plant the seeds? bolino 6 Feb 2, 2010 11:52 PM
spaghetti squash article joeswife 14 Oct 29, 2012 4:37 PM
Cutting Spaghetti Squash Vavoom 7 Oct 29, 2012 2:21 AM
wow... thanks Catrscr 1 Feb 2, 2010 2:09 AM
Quick meal Gardennot 2 Oct 29, 2012 8:29 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America