Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: Spaghetti squash: fun to eat and easy to grow: Winter sow Spaghetti Squash

Communities > Forums > Article: Spaghetti squash: fun to eat and easy to grow
bookmark
Forum: Article: Spaghetti squash: fun to eat and easy to growReplies: 1, Views: 16
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
birder17
Jackson, MO
(Zone 6b)

February 4, 2010
1:36 AM

Post #7527335

I winter sowed Sp. Squash last year. Every seed sprouted. I transplanted the plants in Spring. They took off with no resentment. I planted them with Butternut squash (winter sown) to climb up the same wire fence we made for the plants. The spaghetti squash pretty much took over. Produced a lot of squash and grew over the 9 foot or more fence/trellis. I am not going to plant Sp Squash this year as we prefer the Butternut. It's more versatile for cooking and to me, is more tasty--also more calories! It also over winters better than Sp Squash.
Aunt_A

February 4, 2010
2:36 AM

Post #7527483

birder17,

Very interesting! Thanks for reading and commenting. I do love Butternut squash w/ real butter, salt and pepper.

Side note: (We don't use margarine and haven't for 30 years. I just read that "margarine is but ONE MOLECULE away from being PLASTIC... and shares 27 ingredients with PAINT". I don't know how true that is, but it is interesting.)

Thanks again,

April

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Spaghetti squash: fun to eat and easy to grow Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Can you plant the seeds? bolino 6 Feb 2, 2010 11:52 PM
spaghetti squash article joeswife 14 Oct 29, 2012 4:37 PM
Cutting Spaghetti Squash Vavoom 7 Oct 29, 2012 2:21 AM
wow... thanks Catrscr 1 Feb 2, 2010 2:09 AM
Quick meal Gardennot 2 Oct 29, 2012 8:29 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America