Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Tropical Zone Gardening: Spray-N-Grow

Communities > Forums > Tropical Zone Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Tropical Zone GardeningReplies: 8, Views: 104
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Molamola
Christiansted, VI
(Zone 11)

February 5, 2010
3:15 AM

Post #7531049

I love this product! It makes wonderful difference in flowers and fruits.

BUT

Someone over on the Hibiscus forum, Malestrom(very sorry I cannot call your name! and I'm sure you-all know him) posted that Adeniums hate it. I saw the comment just after I'd really soaked my Adeniums, and sure enough, there went the leaves, yellow, then gone away. I guess the stubs will regrow leaves! wow.

So, I foolishly bought three Acai palms two years ago, and they haven't died yet, but they're staying small, growing slowly. I learned to keep them in a half inch of standing water. They're shivvering out on my deck now, much cooler here than along the Amazon River, I'm sure! And windier. And saltier. And Volcanic ashier.

Well, they are looking very unhappy too, and I think it's from the dousing I gave them with Spray-N-Grow.

Anyone have experience with this product on slow growing Tropicals?
LiliMerci
North of Atlanta, GA
(Zone 8a)

February 5, 2010
1:53 PM

Post #7531862

I use it and all my plants love them. However, I have not grown Adeniums before.
Braveheartsmom
Hillsborough , NC
(Zone 7a)

February 8, 2010
5:45 AM

Post #7540623

I haven't tried it, but now it's on my "must buy" list!
Molamola
Christiansted, VI
(Zone 11)

February 8, 2010
10:58 AM

Post #7540817

Desert Roses are turning out to be quite a challenge.
westraad
Xai Xai
Mozambique

February 13, 2010
5:41 PM

Post #7556363

i have heard they are, though i don't have one. they certainly look like interesting plants!!!
isaac
Molamola
Christiansted, VI
(Zone 11)

February 13, 2010
9:32 PM

Post #7556766

Isaac, you could probably grow them in the ground.
extranjera
Mérida, Yucatán
Mexico
(Zone 11)

February 15, 2010
3:58 AM

Post #7559902

I was having a hard time with my Desert Rose, it would get one leaf and it would turn yellow and fall off - forget blooms. I kept moving it around, and watering it less and less. I finally found a spot that gets direct sun all day and is up against a block wall that reflects even more heat, plus I put the pot up on a grate so it drains better and now - it is covered in leaves and blooms! I'm so happy with it. Keep moving it around till you find its 'spot' but also make sure it dries out between watering and has excellent drainage.
westraad
Xai Xai
Mozambique

February 15, 2010
5:07 PM

Post #7561186

OK, thanks, now i just have to find one!!
tropicbreeze
noonamah
Australia

February 16, 2010
12:22 PM

Post #7563499

I've an Adenium that's always over crowded by other plants and I dump loads of leaves around it, mainly for the other plants. It still keeps putting out some flowers. But it's definite it likes a lot of sun, good drainage, although it doesn't seem to need rich soil. If anything, it desn't like the compost/leaves I put around it.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Tropical Zone Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome! Terry 92 May 31, 2007 7:56 PM
Gardening In AUSTRALIA . Way Way South ! ginger749 170 Dec 6, 2012 8:33 PM
Fern erradication AlohaHoya 85 May 12, 2009 2:37 AM
plants - I promise! Islandshari 23 May 28, 2007 11:33 PM
dead bees on young crape myrtles tab2 5 Oct 31, 2009 3:58 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America