holy moley! we're home

Victoria, TX(Zone 9b)

We are back home settling in. Ransom decided grain was optional this past week at the show farm. Great staff and great care. Got him to eat a time or two after some probios in his tummy. Might need to make that stuff a travel habit.

The show taping was high stress, but worth it. We worked over crossrails a few times, but Ransom got anxious which scared me. So we dropped back to ground poles and worked on crest release. I also learned the difference between half seat, 2 point & jump position. Got to try a nifty Myler bit I wouldn't mind using all the time. He got smooth in it but half halts worked a bit better in it.

The taping crew insisted day 2 ride tape looked better than day 1. I can't wait to see it on tv. I was the only English rider in the 6 pair cast. Neat!

I will blog a lot about the week. Hotel was *supposed* to have wireless but my laptop had other plans. Can't wait to share the details of the trip with ya'll. *smirk* I even got bf on a farm horse for a short trail ride! Just the 2 of us out wandering the farm trails. I was the "lead guide". Cool!! On one of their horses at that! I didn't even ride my own for the trails. =)

Medina, OH

Sounds like you had a great time. Glad it went well and everyone got home safe and sound. The trail ride sounds like it was a great stress reliever. S.

South Hamilton, MA

I don't know if we can see the TV, but let us know where it is. Great that you are both safe home. Maybe regular shows won't be as stressful now.

Victoria, TX(Zone 9b)

Routine shows are going to be nothin'. =)

I had to laugh... in the first part of my taping, the film crew was barking at other participants & the barn staff...

They were standing in camera range watching & making the ride look staged. lol! most other riders nobody watched. me? I was watched all rides. *giggle* Makes shows no biggie now.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

Glad you all are home safely. Cable doesn't carry RFDTV, bummer. Hope you post alot on your blog and here.

This message was edited Feb 5, 2010 3:01 PM

Victoria, TX(Zone 9b)

No worries. I will.

Especially now that I'm home... in gosh awful detailm

They make those shows look soooo easy..... In reality not so much.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

It's always harder than it looks!

South Hamilton, MA

Good to see your blog start. I left a happy comment but as I'm not registered you may not get it. Don't think that Ransom will comment though.

South Hamilton, MA

Read the blog through Feb.10. Interesting that is trot was 'rough'. Maybe the way he was trained or during his jumping career, they worked more at a canter. You didn't see him then, so would not know. Oh yes, best combinations experience horse, less experienced rider or inexperience horse & experienced rider. J-2 had the first combination for jumping. GD is learning to jump on an inexperienced barrel racer. she will get along faster with an experienced horse at school, but considering circumstances are both doing well. she has lost her trainer who is doing something else, but she & pony club mom are doing pretty well.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

Alice(horse) is an experienced barrel racer, not an experienced jumper. They do ok, Alice likes something to do.

This message was edited Feb 10, 2010 6:29 PM

South Hamilton, MA

Right I was in a hurry for dinner & mistyped. experienced barrel racer=inexperienced jumper. Angel Song, I hope that you are an inspiration for others to ride english when the tape is shown. Is it going to show different disciplines at one program or is it a series of programs?

Victoria, TX(Zone 9b)

It's a series of shows. Five or six episodes, each episode is a different horse/rider pair.

Here's a recap of the TX-6

Hard to catch
Jumping lessons
Hard to cinch
Sidepassing Western
Learning to slow the canter
Learning to pick up leads

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Please let us know what show and when. I get RFD and would love to see you on the big screen.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Same here.

Victoria, TX(Zone 9b)

Release Date
April 28
On RFD TV
4:30 CDT

Rerun schedule can be found on
http://www.rfdtv.com

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Thanks. I'll try my best to remember.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)