February Weather, Is the snow done ?

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Seems as though everyone has got plenty of snow this winter. Don't need anymore!

The pile you see in front of the van is about 30 ft front to back. One of our covered trailers is behind there.

Bernie

Thumbnail by CountryGardens
(Zone 7a)

Thanks, Bernie.

No snow here. The sun is out every day. I'm enjoying it while it lasts.

32.9 F with 42 for the high.
Mostly Cloudy
Windchill: 33 F
Humidity: 65%
Dew Point: 22 F
Wind: Calm
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph
Pressure: 30.09 in (Steady)
Visibility: 10.0 miles
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Mostly Cloudy 6500 ft
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 4383 ft

Last Summer.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Thanks for the new thread, Bernie! ^_^

It's grey and chilly here. It dropped below freezing again last night. I didn't cover anything, so I hope the garden is ok! It is going to start raining tonight, and it's not going to stop until Friday. Bleah.

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 11:53am CST (15 min ago)
Temperature 44 F 7 C
Dew Point 19 F -7 C
Humidity 36%
Pressure 30.37 in 1028.5 mb
Wind Speed Calm Calm
Wind Dir - -
Ceiling Unlimited Unlimited
Visibility 10 mi 16.1 km

Current Conditions Cloudy
6 hour min temperature ending 11:53am CST : 30.9F / -0.6C
6 hour max temperature ending 11:53am CST : 44.1F / 6.7C

Rest of today Partly cloudy in the morning then becoming mostly cloudy. Highs around 50. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph.
Tonight Cloudy. A chance of rain in the evening, then rain likely after midnight. Lows in the mid 30s. East winds around 5 mph. Chance of rain 40 percent in the evening increasing to 70 percent after midnight.

(Zone 3b)

CG~that's also a ton of snow to deal with. Thanks for the new thread.
nearly 10am; sunrise was 8:54 - mostly overcast but patches of blue showing through.
JW brings a smile with each photo~his hair is cute; any curls?
adina~that is a ton of snow to deal with. Very pretty, though.
Good news on the sale, ric.
Marylyn~hope you didn't lose any plants; Rain and more rain in your forecast; spring wildflowers should love it.
kwanjin~love that bright look back in time.

Thumbnail by kiska
Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Where did all this wind come from?

Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Dyson, I'm begining to wonder about that too! It started a new storm here and it brought back the snow from the field and drifted the drive again...arrggghhh! When we got back home tonight we got stuck in a drift, then some neighbors helped us to get out. They advised us to drive backwards and park the car close to the main road, which we did...then walked all the driveway , through the drifts , to our home. I am beat! The drifts are almost back where they were the first time. Two cars are stuck on the drive and the neighbors left it there, after trying in vain to get out. Off to bed now!
Take care everyone and stay warm!
Adina

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Thanks for the new thread, Bernie. that's some pile of snow!
I got out and shoveled some of the ice off my driveway this afternoon but that little project didn't last very long--not that I got all the ice off--it's just that I decided it was a wasted effort--LOL (the real reason was that I was tired!) My silly dog, Friday loves the snow. I think he would stay out in it until he froze but I don't let him stay out for more than a few minutes. Besides, I get cold before he does so I make him come inside. LOL

They have sort of changed our forecast. It is possible we could get some more sleet/ice tonight or tomorrow but this time the bad weather is forecast for the southern half of the state--strangely enough! The northern half of the state is supposed to remain dry. We are right in the middle of the state so we get it from both directions!

I was watching CNN a little earlier and they were talking about how the east coast is really getting hammered with a blizzard. Guess I shouldn't be complaining about the 6 inches of snow that we got.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

23 F
Feels Like: 17 F
Wind: From WSW at 4mph

Mostly clear tonight with temperatures steady in the upper teens. Winds light and variable.

Thumbnail by pepper23

I'm sorry to report another blizzard last night. It started just when we were on our way home and the wind brought all the snow back on the roads. Our drive got covered again with huge drifts and we got stuck as we were trying to drive home. Other neighbors were stuck too, ahead of us and others were behind us, with a van. We all tried to shovel, but it was hopeless...we managed to get our car out of that drift and drove backwards to the begining of our street where we found a place to park it...after I shovelled the place...ugh! No need to mention I was beat, especially after we walked through the drifts all the way home. We found the neighbors with the van stuck in a drift...they thought they could get through with their car, but they couldn't, so they turned back too. Another neighbor was stuck very close to our house and he left the car there all night..it's still there this morning.
Moreover, somehow the storm brought some snow beneath our roof and we heard some water dripping on our bedroom's roof, also in the kitchen, through a light fixture...I am so tired of this winter!!!!!!
Lucky it's much more warmer, the temps are up to 42!!!!!!!! Crazy weather!
I already had to clear off the doggies place, but they were great in their dog houses , even if the blizzard had brought lots of snow on them. They have some new carpets made of straw I put in there yesterday, so it must have been better for them.
Have to go and rest for a while, then I have the dishes to wash.
This is the thuja yesterday, all frozen at 1F(-17C). No wonder the blizzard was so strong with the change of temps!
See you later!
Hugs,
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Mornin'! :D We still have some snow coming down, but nothing like what you have, Adina! We had high winds yesterday, but they have deminished.
Snow: 27F
Feels like: 14F
Barometer: 29.9 in
Dewpoint: 16
Humidity: 63%
Visibility: 10 miles
Precip in last hr: NA
Precip last 24 hrs: NA
Wind: 18 mph NW
Sunrise: 7:17 AM
Sunset: 5:58 PM
They've called the advisory off! Yippeeeee!!!!

Have a Great day! & Stay Warm & Safe!
Joey

Fayetteville, AR(Zone 7b)

Heelllllooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!! I'm swamped here at work, so can only visit for a minute.

Adina looks like we got the same amount of snow! There's still a lot to melt, but at least I'm out of the house!

I'll catch ya'll later, I've got to get to work and I've had too much coffee and now I'm all jittery. I feel like I could run around the block 10 times, but it's icy so I'd probably fall and break an arm. LOL

(Zone 7a)

It snowed this morning but has now stopped and is melting. 35

(Zone 3b)

Adina~sorry to hear about the leaking in the house. And, so much snow/blizzards. Love your photo.
Sunrise was 8:51 this morning.
28*F
music2keep~wind and snow is not a good combination; glad it's died down a bit.
hi crissy~
pepper~beautiful sight/cold, too.
kwanjin~melting for good? Maybe spring is coming:)
Moose-taken a couple of years ago in the front yard.

Thumbnail by kiska
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

What's up with the no photos showing up? I heard on that other place that IB was changing something with the photos--looks like they haven't fixed it yet!

(Zone 7a)

They are changing servers here. Should be done by the end of the day. I think some pics were lost if they were added during the change over. (changeover? change-over?) Anyway...

Kiska, the snow is all gone. Even the stuff in the shade. The mountains have plenty snow. They don't need more in the valley.

I found a crocus flower in the yard yesterday. Here is a bad cell pic of her. (If it shows)

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Snow still deep here - at least I do not have to worry about mowing.

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

I think your pictures are begining to affect me. Today when I went to the grocery store, I saw a little pile of ice in the corner of the parking lot. It seemed so normal, then I realized that it is not. (Someone had dumped it there from their cooler or truck.)

We got 1/4 inch of rain on Tuesday.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 1:51 PM PST on February 11, 2010
61 F
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 52%
Dew Point: 43 F
Wind: 5 mph Variable

We are thinking that my itchiness is due to nerves. I have to relax more. I get too uptight and I'll admit that I'm not very tough emotionally.

This is chasmanthe. It is very invasive but kind of interesting. They came with the house. They will even survive in the Santa Monica Mountains, so that tells you how tough they are.

Thumbnail by Kelli
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Still no pictures. I was going to post a picture of the birds in the snow eating the sunflower seeds I threw out but you will just have to imagine it. Kelli, that shouldn't be a problem with you. LOL

We might possibly get a little more snow tonight but it is mainly to the south of us. A DG friend of mine who lives in Monroe, LA said earlier today that it was snowing at her place. Go figure!

Hi Kiska!

Gorgeous HUGE pics you two!

Here's one of the State Capitol with snow on it from my cell phone

Thumbnail by crissyr

Downtown Little Rock on the street where I work.

Thumbnail by crissyr

Snowy this morning. Probably another inch at most. Sunny all day and pretty decent out.

Hi guys!
No leaking anymore! I checked the roof and it seems there is an iron sheet which isn't well fixed and I think the blizzard threw some snow in there and then it melted....that is where the leak was from. Now we have something to repair...ugh!
The snow has melted a lot here, but the drifts are still too high on the drive. Still warm here, about 40F , but they forecasted another snow coming up this Sunday. I only hope it won't be so much as it was before.
This is where the leak was in the kitchen...you can see the marks on the ceiling.
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

The part of the roof where the iron sheet is up. It's above DS' bedroom and on the left is our bedroom and bathroom....you can see the windows. It seems to me it wasn't fixed at all.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

A closer look. It doesn't seem to have any hole in it.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Part of the snow has melted.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Our neighbor's car is still on the driveway.

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Mornin' All! :D The snow has died down, but are supposed to get some more....& my head says it's so! The high for today is only going to get around 25.
Cloudy: 21F
Feels like: 14F
Barometer: 30 in
Dewpoint: 12
Humidity: 68%
Visibility: 10 miles
Precip in last hr: NA
Precip last 24 hrs: NA
Wind: 6 mph NW
Sunrise: 7:15 AM
Sunset: 5:59 PM

Kelli, Love the bloom on your Aloe! Heck! I love your Aloe! ;) Nerves? Just 'breathe' & relax! Not always so simple, but the breathing seems to help.
Adina, Hate that you have a leak! :-O I hope that it's easily fixed. This surely has been a rough winter, huh? But at least your pups are happy w/ their new beds. ;)
Dyson? Did you get some sun yesterday? I saw a glimpse of it yesterday on the way home from work, but it never did shine here at home.
Celia! You have a Crocus! Yippeeee! Spring is comin'! :D
Kiska, I love how the moose love your yard! It's so neat. :)

Must get ready for work...
Have a great day! :D
Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep

Good Morning!! It's supposed to be partly cloudy and in the mid 40's today, that will melt a lot of this snow!

Well, I'm at work fixing to get motivated, so I'll chat later!

(Zone 3b)

24 °
7am here; 11am on the East Coast. Sunrise at 8:48am.
Joey. We too, love having the moose wander around here. Love your black and white photo.
crissyr~are you motivated now?:))
Adina~glad you've discovered the source of the leak-but, for now, what a pain to deal with.
Kelli~that's funny ~ get well soon-more hiking to help w/relaxation?

Thumbnail by kiska

Jackie, yes, it's really a pain, but I hope we can fix that soon...as soon as the worker can come and fix it. Especially we're expecting more snow on Sunday...ugh! Great picture and an amazing view on the window. Did you take a picture of only that view on the right window?
Celia, hooray for the crocus!!!!!!!!
Crissy, great to see the State Capitol with snow on it!
Joey, aweee, look at Jack, what a big boy! Can you make him look at the camera?LOL I'm always making fun noises to get their attention!LOL
Kelli, sorry to hear you have the rash from the nerves...ugh! I hope you can relax more. Lovely bloom!
Mau, I'm coming over on the new website soon !
Still warm here, 39F/4C and the snow is melting.
Adina

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Hooray, Adina--we'll be watching for you over there! So sorry about the leak--was it leaking through that light fixture? I hope not!! That would be dangerous!

Hi, everybody, hope you are all well. don't have time to comment on everything but at least I can see your photos now--couldn't yesterday.

It's 44° on my back porch and the snow is beginning to melt. Hooray!!!

32 F
Feels Like: 32 F
Wind: From NNE at 1mph

Clipper system coming in tomorrow. By Sunday evening could have up to 3 inches.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Snow is melting--hooray! Heading for a high today of 49° but 40% chance of rain this evening :o((

this is a powerful and inspiring, 3 minute video--hope you will watch it

http://www.212movie.com

This message was edited Feb 13, 2010 7:58 AM

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Neat Video - got another dusting of snow last night - got to go get more kerosene, running low but not out yet.

That is a neat video, thanks for sharing that Mau!

35.2 F
Overcast
Windchill: 35 F
Humidity: 92%
Dew Point: 33 F
Wind: 2.3 mph from the SW
Wind Gust: 2.3 mph
Pressure: 29.94 in (Steady)
Visibility: 6.0 miles
UV: 0.6 out of 16
Clouds:
Overcast 600 ft
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 410 ft

Today
Partly sunny. Highs in the mid 40s. Southwest winds 5 mph in the morning...increasing to 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon.

Tonight
Mostly cloudy. A slight chance of rain in the evening...then a chance of rain after midnight. Lows in the mid 30s. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph. The chance of precipitation 30 percent.

Mau, the leak was aside the light fixture, but it came through it, into the glass lamp shade,which was filled with water. Cool video, thanks!
Today it reained in the morning , then the sun came out and the wind slowed down. The snow plow came and cleared off the drive...yiipppeee!
Adina

This message was edited Feb 13, 2010 11:43 AM

Adina, I'm glad you got the leak fixed.

Quote from kiska :
-more hiking to help w/relaxation?

I do not find that exercise helps with relaxation. What helps is to lay down and relax my muscles and clear my mind. I am making improvements in the itch department.

Someone asked if the rain will bring out flowers that I haven't seen in a while. I would say that in general, no. The rain should result in more flowers and they should last longer, but it takes fire to bring out the rare flowers and there hasn't been a fire in my usually stomping grounds for a couple years.

It is supposed to be hot tomorrow, genuinely hot, like 83F.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 10:51 AM PST on February 13, 2010
69 F
Clear
Humidity: 32%
Dew Point: 38 F
Wind: 5 mph Variable

some hiking pictures from yesterday
California peony

Thumbnail by Kelli

Ceanothus megacarpus - These are blooming along the roads for miles and miles.

Thumbnail by Kelli

canyon sunflower

Thumbnail by Kelli

purple nightshade

Thumbnail by Kelli

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images