Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Weather: February Weather, Is the snow done ?

Communities > Forums > Weather
bookmark
Forum: WeatherReplies: 237, Views: 1,313
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 10, 2010
4:10 PM

Post #7547760

Seems as though everyone has got plenty of snow this winter. Don't need anymore!

The pile you see in front of the van is about 30 ft front to back. One of our covered trailers is behind there.

Bernie

Thumbnail by CountryGardens
Click the image for an enlarged view.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

February 10, 2010
4:55 PM

Post #7547933

Thanks, Bernie.

No snow here. The sun is out every day. I'm enjoying it while it lasts.

32.9 F with 42 for the high.
Mostly Cloudy
Windchill: 33 F
Humidity: 65%
Dew Point: 22 F
Wind: Calm
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph
Pressure: 30.09 in (Steady)
Visibility: 10.0 miles
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Mostly Cloudy 6500 ft
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 4383 ft

Last Summer.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 10, 2010
6:13 PM

Post #7548212

Thanks for the new thread, Bernie! ^_^

It's grey and chilly here. It dropped below freezing again last night. I didn't cover anything, so I hope the garden is ok! It is going to start raining tonight, and it's not going to stop until Friday. Bleah.

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 11:53am CST (15 min ago)
Temperature 44 F 7 C
Dew Point 19 F -7 C
Humidity 36%
Pressure 30.37 in 1028.5 mb
Wind Speed Calm Calm
Wind Dir - -
Ceiling Unlimited Unlimited
Visibility 10 mi 16.1 km

Current Conditions Cloudy
6 hour min temperature ending 11:53am CST : 30.9F / -0.6C
6 hour max temperature ending 11:53am CST : 44.1F / 6.7C

Rest of today Partly cloudy in the morning then becoming mostly cloudy. Highs around 50. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph.
Tonight Cloudy. A chance of rain in the evening, then rain likely after midnight. Lows in the mid 30s. East winds around 5 mph. Chance of rain 40 percent in the evening increasing to 70 percent after midnight.
kiska

(Zone 3b)

February 10, 2010
6:55 PM

Post #7548331

CG~that's also a ton of snow to deal with. Thanks for the new thread.
nearly 10am; sunrise was 8:54 - mostly overcast but patches of blue showing through.
JW brings a smile with each photo~his hair is cute; any curls?
adina~that is a ton of snow to deal with. Very pretty, though.
Good news on the sale, ric.
Marylyn~hope you didn't lose any plants; Rain and more rain in your forecast; spring wildflowers should love it.
kwanjin~love that bright look back in time.

Thumbnail by kiska

Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 10, 2010
9:52 PM

Post #7548800

Where did all this wind come from?

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

February 10, 2010
10:00 PM

Post #7548820

Dyson, I'm begining to wonder about that too! It started a new storm here and it brought back the snow from the field and drifted the drive again...arrggghhh! When we got back home tonight we got stuck in a drift, then some neighbors helped us to get out. They advised us to drive backwards and park the car close to the main road, which we did...then walked all the driveway , through the drifts , to our home. I am beat! The drifts are almost back where they were the first time. Two cars are stuck on the drive and the neighbors left it there, after trying in vain to get out. Off to bed now!
Take care everyone and stay warm!
Adina
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

February 11, 2010
12:27 AM

Post #7549190

Thanks for the new thread, Bernie. that's some pile of snow!
I got out and shoveled some of the ice off my driveway this afternoon but that little project didn't last very long--not that I got all the ice off--it's just that I decided it was a wasted effort--LOL (the real reason was that I was tired!) My silly dog, Friday loves the snow. I think he would stay out in it until he froze but I don't let him stay out for more than a few minutes. Besides, I get cold before he does so I make him come inside. LOL

They have sort of changed our forecast. It is possible we could get some more sleet/ice tonight or tomorrow but this time the bad weather is forecast for the southern half of the state--strangely enough! The northern half of the state is supposed to remain dry. We are right in the middle of the state so we get it from both directions!

I was watching CNN a little earlier and they were talking about how the east coast is really getting hammered with a blizzard. Guess I shouldn't be complaining about the 6 inches of snow that we got.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

February 11, 2010
1:21 AM

Post #7549318

23 F
Feels Like: 17 F
Wind: From WSW at 4mph

Mostly clear tonight with temperatures steady in the upper teens. Winds light and variable.

Thumbnail by pepper23

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

February 11, 2010
7:49 AM

Post #7550188

I'm sorry to report another blizzard last night. It started just when we were on our way home and the wind brought all the snow back on the roads. Our drive got covered again with huge drifts and we got stuck as we were trying to drive home. Other neighbors were stuck too, ahead of us and others were behind us, with a van. We all tried to shovel, but it was hopeless...we managed to get our car out of that drift and drove backwards to the begining of our street where we found a place to park it...after I shovelled the place...ugh! No need to mention I was beat, especially after we walked through the drifts all the way home. We found the neighbors with the van stuck in a drift...they thought they could get through with their car, but they couldn't, so they turned back too. Another neighbor was stuck very close to our house and he left the car there all night..it's still there this morning.
Moreover, somehow the storm brought some snow beneath our roof and we heard some water dripping on our bedroom's roof, also in the kitchen, through a light fixture...I am so tired of this winter!!!!!!
Lucky it's much more warmer, the temps are up to 42!!!!!!!! Crazy weather!
I already had to clear off the doggies place, but they were great in their dog houses , even if the blizzard had brought lots of snow on them. They have some new carpets made of straw I put in there yesterday, so it must have been better for them.
Have to go and rest for a while, then I have the dishes to wash.
This is the thuja yesterday, all frozen at 1F(-17C). No wonder the blizzard was so strong with the change of temps!
See you later!
Hugs,
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

February 11, 2010
11:09 AM

Post #7550277

Mornin'! :D We still have some snow coming down, but nothing like what you have, Adina! We had high winds yesterday, but they have deminished.
Snow: 27F
Feels like: 14F
Barometer: 29.9 in
Dewpoint: 16
Humidity: 63%
Visibility: 10 miles
Precip in last hr: NA
Precip last 24 hrs: NA
Wind: 18 mph NW
Sunrise: 7:17 AM
Sunset: 5:58 PM
They've called the advisory off! Yippeeeee!!!!

Have a Great day! & Stay Warm & Safe!
Joey
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

February 11, 2010
3:06 PM

Post #7550694

Heelllllooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!! I'm swamped here at work, so can only visit for a minute.

Adina looks like we got the same amount of snow! There's still a lot to melt, but at least I'm out of the house!

I'll catch ya'll later, I've got to get to work and I've had too much coffee and now I'm all jittery. I feel like I could run around the block 10 times, but it's icy so I'd probably fall and break an arm. LOL

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

February 11, 2010
5:22 PM

Post #7551131

It snowed this morning but has now stopped and is melting. 35
kiska

(Zone 3b)

February 11, 2010
8:00 PM

Post #7551582

Adina~sorry to hear about the leaking in the house. And, so much snow/blizzards. Love your photo.
Sunrise was 8:51 this morning.
28*F
music2keep~wind and snow is not a good combination; glad it's died down a bit.
hi crissy~
pepper~beautiful sight/cold, too.
kwanjin~melting for good? Maybe spring is coming:)
Moose-taken a couple of years ago in the front yard.

Thumbnail by kiska

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

February 11, 2010
9:23 PM

Post #7551777

What's up with the no photos showing up? I heard on that other place that IB was changing something with the photos--looks like they haven't fixed it yet!

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

February 11, 2010
9:50 PM

Post #7551841

They are changing servers here. Should be done by the end of the day. I think some pics were lost if they were added during the change over. (changeover? change-over?) Anyway...

Kiska, the snow is all gone. Even the stuff in the shade. The mountains have plenty snow. They don't need more in the valley.

I found a crocus flower in the yard yesterday. Here is a bad cell pic of her. (If it shows)

Thumbnail by kwanjin

Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 11, 2010
9:54 PM

Post #7551878

Snow still deep here - at least I do not have to worry about mowing.
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

February 11, 2010
10:53 PM

Post #7552025

I think your pictures are begining to affect me. Today when I went to the grocery store, I saw a little pile of ice in the corner of the parking lot. It seemed so normal, then I realized that it is not. (Someone had dumped it there from their cooler or truck.)

We got 1/4 inch of rain on Tuesday.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 1:51 PM PST on February 11, 2010
61 F
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 52%
Dew Point: 43 F
Wind: 5 mph Variable

We are thinking that my itchiness is due to nerves. I have to relax more. I get too uptight and I'll admit that I'm not very tough emotionally.

This is chasmanthe. It is very invasive but kind of interesting. They came with the house. They will even survive in the Santa Monica Mountains, so that tells you how tough they are.

Thumbnail by Kelli

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

February 11, 2010
11:37 PM

Post #7552080

Still no pictures. I was going to post a picture of the birds in the snow eating the sunflower seeds I threw out but you will just have to imagine it. Kelli, that shouldn't be a problem with you. LOL

We might possibly get a little more snow tonight but it is mainly to the south of us. A DG friend of mine who lives in Monroe, LA said earlier today that it was snowing at her place. Go figure!
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

February 12, 2010
1:09 AM

Post #7552264

Hi Kiska!

Gorgeous HUGE pics you two!

Here's one of the State Capitol with snow on it from my cell phone

Thumbnail by crissyr

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

February 12, 2010
1:14 AM

Post #7552273

Downtown Little Rock on the street where I work.

Thumbnail by crissyr

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

February 12, 2010
3:19 AM

Post #7552537

Snowy this morning. Probably another inch at most. Sunny all day and pretty decent out.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

February 12, 2010
10:12 AM

Post #7552928

Hi guys!
No leaking anymore! I checked the roof and it seems there is an iron sheet which isn't well fixed and I think the blizzard threw some snow in there and then it melted...that is where the leak was from. Now we have something to repair...ugh!
The snow has melted a lot here, but the drifts are still too high on the drive. Still warm here, about 40F , but they forecasted another snow coming up this Sunday. I only hope it won't be so much as it was before.
This is where the leak was in the kitchen...you can see the marks on the ceiling.
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

February 12, 2010
10:19 AM

Post #7552929

The part of the roof where the iron sheet is up. It's above DS' bedroom and on the left is our bedroom and bathroom...you can see the windows. It seems to me it wasn't fixed at all.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

February 12, 2010
10:20 AM

Post #7552930

A closer look. It doesn't seem to have any hole in it.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

February 12, 2010
10:22 AM

Post #7552931

Part of the snow has melted.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

February 12, 2010
10:23 AM

Post #7552932

Our neighbor's car is still on the driveway.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

February 12, 2010
10:59 AM

Post #7552944

Mornin' All! :D The snow has died down, but are supposed to get some more...& my head says it's so! The high for today is only going to get around 25.
Cloudy: 21F
Feels like: 14F
Barometer: 30 in
Dewpoint: 12
Humidity: 68%
Wind: 6 mph NW
Sunrise: 7:15 AM
Sunset: 5:59 PM

Kelli, Love the bloom on your Aloe! Heck! I love your Aloe! ;) Nerves? Just 'breathe' & relax! Not always so simple, but the breathing seems to help.
Adina, Hate that you have a leak! :-O I hope that it's easily fixed. This surely has been a rough winter, huh? But at least your pups are happy w/ their new beds. ;)
Dyson? Did you get some sun yesterday? I saw a glimpse of it yesterday on the way home from work, but it never did shine here at home.
Celia! You have a Crocus! Yippeeee! Spring is comin'! :D
Kiska, I love how the moose love your yard! It's so neat. :)

Must get ready for work...
Have a great day! :D
Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

February 12, 2010
2:33 PM

Post #7553287

Good Morning!! It's supposed to be partly cloudy and in the mid 40's today, that will melt a lot of this snow!

Well, I'm at work fixing to get motivated, so I'll chat later!
kiska

(Zone 3b)

February 12, 2010
4:18 PM

Post #7553537

24 °
7am here; 11am on the East Coast. Sunrise at 8:48am.
Joey. We too, love having the moose wander around here. Love your black and white photo.
crissyr~are you motivated now?:))
Adina~glad you've discovered the source of the leak-but, for now, what a pain to deal with.
Kelli~that's funny ~ get well soon-more hiking to help w/relaxation?

Thumbnail by kiska

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

February 12, 2010
5:15 PM

Post #7553659

Jackie, yes, it's really a pain, but I hope we can fix that soon...as soon as the worker can come and fix it. Especially we're expecting more snow on Sunday...ugh! Great picture and an amazing view on the window. Did you take a picture of only that view on the right window?
Celia, hooray for the crocus!!!!!!!!
Crissy, great to see the State Capitol with snow on it!
Joey, aweee, look at Jack, what a big boy! Can you make him look at the camera?LOL I'm always making fun noises to get their attention!LOL
Kelli, sorry to hear you have the rash from the nerves...ugh! I hope you can relax more. Lovely bloom!
Mau, I'm coming over on the new website soon !
Still warm here, 39F/4C and the snow is melting.
Adina
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

February 12, 2010
7:57 PM

Post #7554089

Hooray, Adina--we'll be watching for you over there! So sorry about the leak--was it leaking through that light fixture? I hope not!! That would be dangerous!

Hi, everybody, hope you are all well. don't have time to comment on everything but at least I can see your photos now--couldn't yesterday.

It's 44° on my back porch and the snow is beginning to melt. Hooray!!!
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

February 13, 2010
1:00 AM

Post #7554807

32 F
Feels Like: 32 F
Wind: From NNE at 1mph

Clipper system coming in tomorrow. By Sunday evening could have up to 3 inches.
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

February 13, 2010
1:58 PM

Post #7555802

Snow is melting--hooray! Heading for a high today of 49° but 40% chance of rain this evening :o((

this is a powerful and inspiring, 3 minute video--hope you will watch it

http://www.212movie.com

This message was edited Feb 13, 2010 7:58 AM
Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 13, 2010
3:24 PM

Post #7556014

Neat Video - got another dusting of snow last night - got to go get more kerosene, running low but not out yet.
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

February 13, 2010
3:33 PM

Post #7556043

That is a neat video, thanks for sharing that Mau!

35.2 F
Overcast
Windchill: 35 F
Humidity: 92%
Dew Point: 33 F
Wind: 2.3 mph from the SW
Wind Gust: 2.3 mph
Pressure: 29.94 in (Steady)
Visibility: 6.0 miles
UV: 0.6 out of 16
Clouds:
Overcast 600 ft
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 410 ft

Today
Partly sunny. Highs in the mid 40s. Southwest winds 5 mph in the morning...increasing to 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon.

Tonight
Mostly cloudy. A slight chance of rain in the evening...then a chance of rain after midnight. Lows in the mid 30s. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph. The chance of precipitation 30 percent.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

February 13, 2010
3:43 PM

Post #7556084

Mau, the leak was aside the light fixture, but it came through it, into the glass lamp shade,which was filled with water. Cool video, thanks!
Today it reained in the morning , then the sun came out and the wind slowed down. The snow plow came and cleared off the drive...yiipppeee!
Adina

This message was edited Feb 13, 2010 11:43 AM
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

February 13, 2010
7:12 PM

Post #7556526

Adina, I'm glad you got the leak fixed.

[quote="kiska"]-more hiking to help w/relaxation?
[/quote]
I do not find that exercise helps with relaxation. What helps is to lay down and relax my muscles and clear my mind. I am making improvements in the itch department.

Someone asked if the rain will bring out flowers that I haven't seen in a while. I would say that in general, no. The rain should result in more flowers and they should last longer, but it takes fire to bring out the rare flowers and there hasn't been a fire in my usually stomping grounds for a couple years.

It is supposed to be hot tomorrow, genuinely hot, like 83F.

Updated: 10:51 AM PST on February 13, 2010
69 F
Clear
Humidity: 32%
Dew Point: 38 F
Wind: 5 mph Variable

some hiking pictures from yesterday
California peony

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

February 13, 2010
7:14 PM

Post #7556530

Ceanothus megacarpus - These are blooming along the roads for miles and miles.

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

February 13, 2010
7:15 PM

Post #7556532

canyon sunflower

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

February 13, 2010
7:17 PM

Post #7556534

purple nightshade

Thumbnail by Kelli

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

February 14, 2010
2:38 PM

Post #7558225

Morin'! :D We have snow, sun, snow, sun...
Snow: 21F
Feels like: 12F
Dewpoint: 10
Wind: 7 mph W
Sunrise: 7:13 AM
Sunset: 6:02 PM
UV Index: 1 Low
We also have a 'Special Weather Statement'...wind & blowing snow. ok.

Kelli, What gorgeous wild flowers! :D So there will be an 'explosion' of flowers? Great! :D
Mau, Great video! :D
Pepper...Spring is comin'!

Happy Valentines Day!

Thumbnail by music2keep

kiska

(Zone 3b)

February 14, 2010
3:34 PM

Post #7558336

Sunrise will be at 8:42; a little more than 2 hours from now.
22 °
A gain of 5m46seconds daylight.
kelli~It's good to know the itching is subsiding. Have you time for rest? Love the many wildflowers you've seen.
m2keep~what a day-interesting weather statement. Enjoy Valentine's day w/family; love the Valentine flowers/photo.
Adina~thank goodness for the snowplow operators:)) Nice to have your drive clear again, I'm sure. Yes, I took the pic of the view from the sunroom as I stood in the kitchen.
crissyr~looks like wind and rain will be the order of the day for your area.
marsue~will go see the video next. Sounds good.
Dyson~hope you've re-supplied the kerosene; used for heat? Years ago we had kerosene heat but it didn't work out.
Pepper~snowing yet today?

Thumbnail by kiska

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

February 14, 2010
3:46 PM

Post #7558369

Happy Valentines everyone!
Freezing this morning, but sunny all day and much warmer. They forecasted snow tonight...grrrr!
Kelli, great flowers! I get very relaxed when I'm watching a good movie.
Joey, what a beautiful bouquet!
Jackie, I saw it on the other website!LOL Such a beautiful view, but still so cold...brrrr!
Sending you all a snowdrop for Valentines!
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

February 14, 2010
4:13 PM

Post #7558451

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!!!!!!

Kiska we're supposed to be getting snow, or that's what they said last night. Right now it's:

46.2 F
Overcast
Windchill: 46 F
Humidity: 81%
Dew Point: 41 F
Wind Gust: 1.6 mph
Pressure: 29.94 in (Rising)
UV: 1 out of 16
Clouds:
Overcast 1500 ft
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 583 ft

Hmm, there's not a cloud in the sky.

Today
Cloudy. A chance of rain during the day. A chance of snow in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 40s. Temperatures falling into the lower 30s. Northwest winds 5 mph in the morning...increasing to 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon. The chance of precipitation 40 percent.

Mostly cloudy. A chance of snow in the evening...then a slight chance of snow after midnight. Lows in the lower 20s. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph. The chance of precipitation 40 percent.

We will see... I haven't looked at radar yet, I think I'll go do that now!
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

February 14, 2010
4:54 PM

Post #7558549

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!
Joey: pretty bouquet--thanks!
Kelli: lovely wildflowers. The only thing blooming around here are my African Violets, my poinsettias and my "Valentine's Cactus" and they are all house plants. Also one bloom on the peace lily. Nothing outside is blooming.
Kiska: you are gaining daylight!
Adina: pretty snowdrop. Glad you got the driveway cleared off!
My forecast is basically the came as Crissy's only I'm taking out the part that says "slight chance of snow after midnight" LOL
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

February 14, 2010
7:23 PM

Post #7558906

24 F
Feels Like: 14 F
Wind: From WNW at 11mph gusting to 16mph
Cloudy

No snow yet. Apparently the supposedly fast moving clipper is now taking it's sweet time cause it was supposed to hit yesterday and by now be snowing pretty good. Now this is what they are saying:

Widely scattered snow showers, ending around 2pm. Cloudy and windy. Temperatures steady near 24F. Winds NW at 15 to 20 mph. Chance of snow 35%. No significant snow accumulations through 6pm.

Map shows snow in area but it's not gonna be much.
Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 14, 2010
8:10 PM

Post #7558981

Bright, Sunny & around 40 slowly melting the snow away but it will take a few days. Restocked the Kerosene & picked up some seed starting mix so I can get some onion seed started.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

February 14, 2010
8:48 PM

Post #7559034

I love Spring!

47.7 F
Scattered Clouds
Windchill: 48 F
Humidity: 46%
Dew Point: 28 F
Wind: 1.0 mph from the NW
Wind Gust: 6.0 mph
Pressure: 30.26 in (Falling)
UV: 4 out of 16
Clouds: Few 4800 ft
Scattered Clouds 5500 ft
Scattered Clouds 8000 ft
Scattered Clouds 20000 ft
(Above Ground Level)

House finch couple.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

February 14, 2010
8:48 PM

Post #7559035

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

Great start picture Bernie!
We had snow...NOT!! I thought I'd throw that in since everyone else did inc. Kelli with her iced down parking lot :) The snow stayed North and West of us. I was really looking forward to a snow day LOL! We got a LOT of rain though.
Great pics of the wildflowers! Nothing is blooming here.
Adina - Glad you got that leak fixed. The joys (and expense) of home ownership, huh?
Kiska - beautiful picture!

Today is the warmest we've had in a couple of weeks 56*.

Jeff and Pea in her valentines dress :)

Thumbnail by MySharona

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

February 14, 2010
8:49 PM

Post #7559038

That's a cute pic Celia!

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

February 14, 2010
9:01 PM

Post #7559061

Yours is cuter! LOL

This message was edited Feb 14, 2010 2:01 PM
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

February 14, 2010
10:18 PM

Post #7559188

Unseasonably hot today

Updated: 1:51 PM PST on February 14, 2010
79 F
Clear
Humidity: 18%
Dew Point: 32 F
Wind: 13 mph from the NNW
Wind Gust: 17 mph

Thumbnail by Kelli

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 15, 2010
12:29 AM

Post #7559486

Well the whiteout is here. Took MIL home at about 2:30 PM. (She bought us all a Valentines Day dinner.) Road was getting bad with drifting across causing ice. 2 cars were sitting by the side of the highway with 3 patrol cars there. Not sure what happened, but the front of the pickup was in terrible shape.
Dumb drivers will not slow down. I drove 40MPH all the way home.
DW said she heard there was a 60 car pile up by Kansas City. So maybe the clipper got there.

Minnesota Gophers had a 13 point lead & fell asleep. Lost in overtime. They are now down the tube! No post season for them.

We got the big showcase put into the high school yesterday.
Nice job to have out of the way.
Bernie

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

February 15, 2010
12:54 AM

Post #7559533

The clipper produced a whiteout in Bonner Springs, KS on an I-70 bridge and it was a 40 car pileup. The whiteout came on suddenly and everyone hit their brakes then slid. They were so packed in there that a forklift couldn't have piled them up better. No major injuries though they did have to break windows to get some people out.

Finally snowing here but it's off and on.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

February 15, 2010
3:21 AM

Post #7559813

Oh, so glad no one was seriously hurt, Pepper!

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

February 15, 2010
3:30 AM

Post #7559835

Yeah, it was a close call though. Alot of the cars look like they could be totaled too.

Here' a flyover video of the crash: http://www.kmbc.com/video/22563421/index.html

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

February 15, 2010
3:34 AM

Post #7559840

Wow! Darrell and watched your video. Something else!

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 15, 2010
4:25 AM

Post #7559949

Well they killed one up here this evening. One car slid on the icey road & hit another head on. 6 others injured.
These nuts shouldn't be on the road in the first place, then they won't slow down.
State patrol put out a no travel advised earlier this evening. Now along with the wind it is snowing some. We have 2 or 3 feet of snow to blow around.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

February 15, 2010
4:34 AM

Post #7559956

The jerks think the rules don't apply to them. So sad they have to kill someone.
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

February 15, 2010
2:31 PM

Post #7560649

Wow, what a pile up that was! That's the reason I stay home when there is snow or ice on the roads!

Today, the sun is shining but our high won't go up past the upper 30's. However, the temps will continue to climb daily and by Friday we may be up to near 60°F!! That will be a welcome change. Most of the snow has melted but still areas of patchy snow/ice in the shady areas around here.

# Today: Partly cloudy skies this morning will become overcast during the afternoon. A few flurries are possible. High 36F. Winds WNW at 10 to 20 mph.
# Tonight: A few clouds. Low 26F. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph.
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

February 15, 2010
2:39 PM

Post #7560673

It was snowing pretty good here too, but nothing but maybe an inch accumulated on the grass. That's some pile-up.

I heard that on the 2-lane highway going from Texarkana to Shreveport there was a head-on the day before yesterday, two people crossed the double yellow and hit Trace Adkins's tour bus head on. Trace wasn't on the bus but all the equipment and members were, it killed the two who crossed the double yellow, everyone on the bus was ok, some were taken to the hospital and released with minor injuries. I can't find a picture, probably because it was a fatal.

My tendinitis is acting up in my right thumb, no computer for me today! YIKES

Anyway, moving on...
30.4 F
Clear
Windchill: 21 F
Humidity: 66%
Dew Point: 20 F
Wind: 3.1 mph from the WSW
Wind Gust: 5.8 mph
Pressure: 30.03 in (Rising)
Clouds:
Clear -
(Above Ground Level)

Today
Partly sunny. Breezy. Highs around 40. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph in the morning...increasing to 15 to 20 mph in the afternoon.

Tonight
Mostly cloudy in the evening...becoming partly cloudy. Lows in the lower 20s. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph.
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

February 15, 2010
2:54 PM

Post #7560704

Here's an article anyway.

http://arklatexhomepage.com/content/fulltext/?cid=94622

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

February 15, 2010
10:02 PM

Post #7562096

42.9 F
Light Rain with 47 for the high.
Windchill: 43 F
Humidity: 72%
Dew Point: 34 F
Wind Gust: 4.0 mph
Pressure: 30.19 in (Steady)
Visibility: 9.0 miles
Clouds: Mostly Cloudy 2600 ft
Mostly Cloudy 3100 ft
Overcast 4500 ft
(Above Ground Level)

Seeds are planted in the GH. The experiment begins.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

February 15, 2010
10:23 PM

Post #7562163

It's official now: All 50 states had snow on the ground today.

24 F
Feels Like: 11 F
Wind: From WNW at 16mph
Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 16, 2010
12:31 AM

Post #7562452

Including HI?
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

February 16, 2010

Post #7562513

Well, my weather lady had it wrong it appears. She did a thing and said Mauna Lea got some snow today but now I can't find anything about it. I would have figured there would have been articles somewhere. Oh well.
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

February 16, 2010
2:30 AM

Post #7562803

Wow Pepper that's some Crash!

No chance of that here I don't think anyone's going over 10 MPH anywhere.

I have absolutely no idea how much new snow we have out there.
Every time I open the back door I pushed about 2".
They were saying it would slow down at some point tonight.
It's been in the 3/4-1" per hour mode all day.
Then w/ wind drifts and snow dumps off the roof there are areas 30" deep out back.
I was talking to Jon about 4:30 by the back gate.
The snow was just below my knees.
Now you can't see the tracks... lol!
Just looked at the traffic cams... best I saw was one lane open on one stretch of Highway.

Ric

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

February 16, 2010
11:11 AM

Post #7563442

Mornin'! No significant snow here...& it all melted off anyway.
Partly Cloudy: 21F
Feels like: 5F
Barometer: 29.7 in
Dewpoint: 9
Humidity: 58%
Wind: 24 mph W
Sunrise: 7:11 AM
Sunset: 6:04 P

Jack visiting the neighbors...

Thumbnail by music2keep

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

February 16, 2010
3:07 PM

Post #7563799

We hit the freezing mark again last night. I really hope my plants make it through this Winter!

I hate hearing of all the wrecks. I always think people would know better than to drive in those conditions, especially since they live through it year after year.

Celia - Let us know how the seed turn out!

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

February 16, 2010
4:38 PM

Post #7564008

Thanks, Sharon. I will.

Yes, even HI. I found a site that said that had a picture of the snow there. Mauna Loa gets it most winters.

36.0 F with 45 for the high.
Scattered Clouds
Windchill: 36 F
Humidity: 89%
Dew Point: 33 F
Pressure: 30.30 in (Falling)
Visibility: 5.0 miles
Clouds: Few 1500 ft
Scattered Clouds 3600 ft
(Above Ground Level)

The Zen Master.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

February 16, 2010
4:38 PM

Post #7564010

HI has the 10,000 + feet volcanoes that have snow caps on them year round, so I'd say the snow in all 50 states would be accurate! How crazy is that!!

37.2 F
Partly Cloudy
Windchill: 37 F
Humidity: 22%
Dew Point: 2 F
Pressure: 29.13 in (Falling)
UV: 3 out of 16
Clouds:
Few 4000 ft
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 600 ft

Today
Partly sunny. Highs in the lower 40s. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph.

Tonight
Mostly cloudy in the evening...becoming partly cloudy. Lows in the mid 20s. Northwest winds 5 mph.

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 16, 2010
5:21 PM

Post #7564119

I'm not a butterfly.
I don't have a new computer.
I'm still on dial-up.

The computer that was supposed to be delivered Feb.11th was delayed to the 18th. This Monday, it was delayed till the 25th. I'm sure next Monday we'll have another delay. We Googled ''Dell and delays'' and I am so mad. I'm trying very hard to hang on to my "Pollyiana." Instead of being on the computer every day since the 11th, I did do things around the house that needed to be done. :o/

27, sunny but cold. It's almost 60 on our plasticed in porch on the east. We barely got any snow this week.

Thanks for the comments everyone. (I caught up on the page I left on, so I need to just jump back in.)

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

February 16, 2010
5:25 PM

Post #7564124

BTW, Sally, the beebalm you sent me is still green!

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 16, 2010
5:34 PM

Post #7564148

Celia, that's great! I think you'll love the color if it didn't have time to bloom last fall.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

February 16, 2010
6:20 PM

Post #7564310

It didn't have enough time. I remember the pics you showed. I can't wait! Thank you!

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 16, 2010
6:25 PM

Post #7564328

Welcome :o)

I'm enjoying the quail too.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

February 16, 2010
6:27 PM

Post #7564335

LOL Cool! I'll get pic of the little plant later.
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

February 16, 2010
7:23 PM

Post #7564474

Well we got a little snow in the last 24 hours...lol!

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 16, 2010
7:26 PM

Post #7564481

You've got to be kidding! That's why February is the hardest month to get thru :o)
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

February 16, 2010
7:31 PM

Post #7564492

Usually we get the heaviest snows in January here.
By February we are routinely getting some 60 days...
We haven't seen the 40's in 10 days.

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

February 16, 2010
8:34 PM

Post #7564690

Back in my PA days, I used to think that February might be the shortest month, but it felt like the longest. February in the north has no redeeming qualities.
Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 16, 2010
11:25 PM

Post #7565070

Today it was - Bright, sunny, extremely cold with a lively breeze.
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

February 17, 2010
12:38 AM

Post #7565234

That's what we were here too Dyson. Crazy weather this winter, I just hope the Spring is mellow.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

February 17, 2010
1:20 AM

Post #7565339

27 F
Feels Like: 18 F
Wind: From WNW at 10mph
Partly Cloudy

Been cold all day due to wind. Looked like it wanted to snow for awhile too but it didn't. I want all the ice on the roads to melt first before we get anything more. Yards are mostly clear around here with patches but the back roads are a solid sheet of ice with a very thin layer of snow on them.
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

February 17, 2010
1:18 PM

Post #7566242

. . .and when spring does arrive we will be complaining about all the pollen in the air!! LOL

# Today: Sunny. High 49F. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph.
# Tonight: Generally clear. Low 27F. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph.
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

February 17, 2010
1:50 PM

Post #7566306

Not me!
Not allergic...LOL!

Ric

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 17, 2010
1:59 PM

Post #7566330

Bright sun.
Going for 35

Will be leaving with the load of cabinets a bit later.

Guy stopped in yesterday afternoon & ordered a vanity & linen closet.

We will have to work faster!

Bernie

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

February 17, 2010
2:36 PM

Post #7566431

Wow, Ric, another batch of snow! We got snow even in March some years!
Sally, sorry for the computer, I hope they bring it when they said they will this time.
Mau, that's me complaining about the pollen and the fluff!LOL
Celia, LOL at the Zen master!
Joey, it seems the snow doesn't bother Jack!

Warming up here about 42F and raining. My snowdrops came out of the snow like nothing happened!
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

February 17, 2010
3:39 PM

Post #7566579

Adina we had nothing like you or Bernie has had but it's a bunch for here.
Luckily it was powder snow this time.
Easy to move and no ice w/ it.

Our Snowdrops are buried under 24+" of drift as our our Hellebores.
Ric

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

February 17, 2010
3:51 PM

Post #7566605

Cooler today. 36 and holding. It's lightly raining on and off. Maybe snow later?

I'm not allergic, either, thank goodness. Darrell, however, is not so lucky.

Random pic. Money plant flowers from 2 year ago.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

February 17, 2010
4:09 PM

Post #7566653

36.9 F
Clear
Dew Point: 2 F
Wind: 4.0 mph from the North
Pressure: 29.16 in (Steady)
Clouds:
Clear -
(Above Ground Level)

Today
Mostly sunny. Highs in the upper 40s. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph.

Tonight
Mostly clear. Lows in the mid 20s. Northwest winds 5 mph.

LA LA LA LA LA LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Sun sun sun sun and more sun!!!!!
Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 17, 2010
6:02 PM

Post #7566923

Good afternoon! I've gotten behind again. We've had a string of sunny days with highs in the lower 50s, and clear nights with the highs in the 20s. brrr... We seem to be warming up this week, though. It is highly unusual for us to have nights below freezing in the middle of February! Hopefully this was our last cold snap... I'm ready to get the garden cleaned up and going again. :-)

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 10:53am CST (61 min ago)
Temperature 51 F 11 C
Dew Point 21 F -6 C
Humidity 31%
Pressure 30.35 in 1027.7 mb
Wind Speed 7 MPH 6 kts
Wind Dir Variable Variable
Visibility 10 mi 16.1 km
Current Conditions Clear
Remarks No remarks this hour.6 hour min temperature ending 5:53am CST : 28.0F / -2.2C

This afternoon Sunny. Highs in the lower 60s. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph.
Tonight Mostly clear. Lows in the mid 30s. West winds around 5 mph.
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

February 17, 2010
9:45 PM

Post #7567449

Do you know what I would give for 51*?
Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 17, 2010
10:45 PM

Post #7567612

No but this should be interesting.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

February 17, 2010
10:47 PM

Post #7567614

I know. LOL

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

February 18, 2010
12:13 AM

Post #7567854

LOL! :D
Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 18, 2010

Post #7567956

LOLOL
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

February 18, 2010
1:09 AM

Post #7567993

Updated: 1:51 PM PST on February 17, 2010
76 F
Clear
Humidity: 26%
Dew Point: 39 F
Wind: 7 mph from the South
Pressure: 29.89 in (Falling)
UV: 5 out of 16
Clouds: Clear

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

February 18, 2010
1:25 AM

Post #7568042

Crissy, what are you gonna give us for your 51* weather? LOL

33 F
Feels Like: 29 F
Wind: From NW at 5mph
Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 18, 2010
8:53 AM

Post #7568769

Details for Thursday, February 18
Partly cloudy. High 42F. Winds WNW at 10 to 20 mph.
Evening: Mostly clear. Low 27F. Winds WNW at 10 to 15 mph.

Dark

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

February 18, 2010
11:08 AM

Post #7568823

Mornin! :D
Cloudy: 28F
Feels like: 18F
Dewpoint: 19
Humidity: 69%
Wind: 14 mph W
Sunrise: 7:09 AM
Sunset: 6:06 PM

Have a Great Day!:D

I'm patiently waiting for this...

Thumbnail by music2keep

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

February 18, 2010
2:33 PM

Post #7569120

LOL Ya'll are funny! We're supposed to get in the 50's today without the wind chill Woo Hoo!!!!

36.7 F
Partly Cloudy
Dew Point: 1 F
Pressure: 29.19 in (Rising)
Clouds:
Few 25000 ft
(Above Ground Level)

Today
Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 50s. Southwest winds 5 mph.

Tonight
Partly cloudy in the evening...becoming mostly cloudy. Lows in the lower 30s. South winds 5 mph.
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

February 18, 2010
2:46 PM

Post #7569150

Well it looks like we may get out of the 30's for the fist time in two weeks.

Two vastly different forecasts out there.
TWC calls for mid 30's thru the weekend.
MyCast for 40 and slightly above.
I just want to see more Sun!

Ric
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

February 18, 2010
3:22 PM

Post #7569246

Crissy doesn't have to give anything for 51° LOL We have it and even up to near 60° tomorrow! Lots of sunshine, too! Woohoo!!!

Should be great weather for my luncheon for central Arkansas gardening friends on Saturday. Should be 10 of us if everybody shows up! We are so ready for this! Crissy's DH has even said he is coming with her! :o))
kiska

(Zone 3b)

February 18, 2010
3:37 PM

Post #7569287

Will say this very quietly as it's 40*/windy and raining.
The snow is dripping and sliding off the roof as some of you are colder. It's dark, but I'm sure it's an ice rink as the snow turns to ice on the driveway/roads. When it's this warm, is usually when schools close due to road problems.
Sunrise: 8:31
Sunset: 5:50 gain of 5m49seconds today.
Yesterday afteroon~slipping snow load.
Have a great day.

Thumbnail by kiska

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

February 18, 2010
4:45 PM

Post #7569428

34.3 F with 41 for the high. It's raining lightly. It's forecast to do so until Sunday/Monday.
Fog
Windchill: 34 F
Humidity: 90%
Dew Point: 32 F
Pressure: 30.08 in (Steady)
Visibility: 0.2 miles
Clouds: Mostly Cloudy 200 ft
Overcast 2100 ft
(Above Ground Level)

I'm patiently waiting for this.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

February 18, 2010
7:07 PM

Post #7569732

Celia! Wow! Is that your Cherry tree? Neat-O! :D
Kiska, Doesn't the snow sliding off your roof mess up your guttering? Ours is torn all to pieces. George picked off an icicle last week end that was almost as tall as him & he's 6'5". The guttering had busted/burst right in front of the kitchen window. And that's not the only place. :( Guess I'll need to make a trip to the Ins. office.
Mau, You have fun at your mini RU! What fun you will have! :D
Crissy! You Too! :D

Joey

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

February 18, 2010
7:11 PM

Post #7569742

Joey, it is my Yoshino cherry. Still waiting...tap, tap, tap...

Last April.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 18, 2010
7:32 PM

Post #7569806

See you in a few days!

Thumbnail by billyporter

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

February 18, 2010
7:36 PM

Post #7569819

Celia, I Love It! :D

Sally! We're waiting! :D I know your very axious.
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

February 18, 2010

Post #7570242

Joey Thank You!! It's actually a luncheon, not a RU. We just sit, pig out, and chat. I feel bad because I'm not bringing anything but I'm technically not supposed to. I want to do one of these luncheons so I'm thinking that if I bring Dave so he can see it he'll cave in and let me. Ha!
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

February 19, 2010
12:55 AM

Post #7570505

High of 50* today but we have rain and snow on the way. Rain tonight, snow mix over the weekend. YUCK!! The gravel (now mud) roads are finally driveable and now they will be icy again. I should say semi driveable. Potholes everywhere and they are deep but that's nothing new around here. LOL
Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 19, 2010
9:20 AM

Post #7571081

Dark - currently 34

Details for Friday, February 19
Sunny. High 46F. Winds WNW at 10 to 15 mph.
Evening: Clear to partly cloudy. Low 27F. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph.

Put 40 onion seed in a couple of old butter tubs yesterday 20 "Red Wethersfield" & 20 "Yellow of Parma" Have no idea if they are long or short day we will see if they do good here. Purchased the seed from "Seed Savers Exchange". As soon as I see a sprout I will start another batch of forty, I have two hundred seed total. Does anyone know how long it takes onion seed to germinate?

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

February 19, 2010
4:15 PM

Post #7571705

Pepper, be careful of those potholes. We've lost Volkswagons in some around here. ^_^

32.1 F wiht 41 for the high.
Mostly Cloudy
Windchill: 32 F
Humidity: 76%
Dew Point: 25 F
Wind Gust: 1.0 mph
Pressure: 29.96 in (Rising)
Clouds: Few 3200 ft
Mostly Cloudy 6000 ft
Mostly Cloudy 8500 ft
(Above Ground Level)

Thumbnail by kwanjin

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

February 19, 2010
4:48 PM

Post #7571795

LOL Celia!!

YYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY
55.6 F
Clear
Humidity: 17%
Dew Point: 12 F
Wind: 2.7 mph from the SSE
Wind Gust: 5.4 mph
Pressure: 29.04 in (Falling)
Clouds:
Clear -
(Above Ground Level)

Today
Mostly sunny. Highs in the upper 50s. South winds 5 to 10 mph.

Tonight
Mostly cloudy. A slight chance of rain. Lows in the lower 40s. South winds 5 to 10 mph in the evening...decreasing to 5 mph after midnight. The chance of precipitation 20 percent. Average rainfall less than 1/10 inch.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

February 19, 2010
4:51 PM

Post #7571799

Okay, jealous...

I'm over it. I have this.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

Early_Bloomer
Springboro, PA
(Zone 5a)

February 19, 2010
5:07 PM

Post #7571854

32 F with sunshine, clouds and blue skies this morning.

Pepper...The gravel roads around here get really bad in late winter/spring. The freezing and thawing leave a big mess.

Dyson...I ordered a bunch of heirloom seeds from rareseeds.com yesterday. Tomatoes, peppers, beans, etc. I've never started onion seeds though. I'm interested in how yours turn out.

Photo: Amish buggy on back road.

early_bloomer

Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

February 19, 2010
9:26 PM

Post #7572436

EB, that's nice and calming. Thank you.

I have an update on my BIL. He is now out of ICU and in a regular room. He is still very sick but table and talking. He's still a little confused but that's to be expected with what he's been through and the meds they are giving him. We visited him last night and he regaled us with a story on how his son bought tickets to the Olympics. When they took a ride on the plane to Vancouver, they told him they were in L.A. They got back on the plane and went to L.A. where they told him he was in Vancouver. He never got to the Olympics because "they locked me in my room and wouldn't let him out." None of which happened, of course. He's been right here the whole time.

They are making arrangements to transfer him to the VA hospital where they will give him continued care.
Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 19, 2010
9:47 PM

Post #7572488

Well... what a week! It started out fairly calmly... But Wednesday afternoon Joy and I were watching the Olympics in the living room. Katie had wandered off to go potty. She had been gone for a while, and I was just wondering where she had went when she suddenly ran into the living room - and then turned around and ran back down the hall. She did that about 4 times, obviously having a lot of fun playing whatever game she was playing... but eventually I thought I should probably go see what she was up to.

Ay yi yi...

The toilet tank (clean water, thank goodness!) had overflowed and overflowed and overflowed and... all over the bathroom floor. It was a good 2 inches deep. Katie had been having a great time splashing in it, and then running to the living room to warm her feet - that water was COLD!

The hallway carpet in front of the bathroom was wet enough that when I stepped on it, it splashed. The water soaked through the bathroom wall into the girls' bedroom closet, and through the other wall into the garage. I cleaned up the water with every towel we own, and turned off the water to the toilet. When Charles got home he pulled up the wet carpet. He stayed home from work yesterday and called the insurance company, and started pulling up baseboards. The insurance company contacted a water restoration company, who came out today and pulled up more baseboards and wall board, sprayed a bunch of antimicrobial stuff, and left 8 huge fans and a couple of dehumidifiers which will be running continuously all weekend. 2 of the fans are in the girls' bedroom, so they're probably going to have to camp out in the living room tonight. They'll like that. :-)

So now we need new carpet in the hall and the girls' room, and a bunch of new wallboard and new baseboards. The girls' room REALLY needed new carpet anyway. That was the only carpet we didn't change out when we moved in 8 years ago, and it is way past its time. :-P

We're thinking about doing stained cement in the hall and the kitchen (which has ancient ugly shabby linoleum (can you tell I don't like it??) that also needs to come up). We need to see how much it will cost, and how much of a hassle it would be to get installed. I would kinda like to do the stained cement all over the carpeted parts of the house, just to cut down on all of the dust, but I don't think Charles would agree to ripping out ALL of the carpet. I think the stained cement would be a lot easier to keep clean, though.. He gets several sinus infections a year, which I think would be greatly helped by less/no carpet. We'll see how he likes it if we can get it in the hall and kitchen, and maybe we can do the rest of the house eventually, too. :-)

None of this was actually in the budget for this month, but I expect we'll cope. It will be fun to have an excuse to redo the girls' room and the bathroom, anyway. :-)

Weather-wise, it has warmed up considerably and it is going to be even warmer this weekend. It's also going to rain, but that's just par for the course in Houston. :-)

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 2:53pm CST (51 min ago)
Temperature 59 F 15 C
Dew Point 50 F 10 C
Humidity 72%
Pressure 30.08 in 1018.7 mb
Wind Speed 8 MPH 7 kts
Wind Dir ESE 110
Ceiling 2000 ft 610 m
Visibility 10 mi 16.1 km
Current Conditions Cloudy
6 hour min temperature ending 11:53am CST : 50.0F / 10.0C

Tonight Mostly cloudy. Patchy fog after midnight. Lows in the upper 40s. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph.

This message was edited Feb 19, 2010 3:50 PM
Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 19, 2010
9:51 PM

Post #7572492

Celia, we crossed. I'm sorry to hear about your BIL! I'm glad he's in stable condition. We'll be praying for him while he recovers.
Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 19, 2010
10:03 PM

Post #7572519

Bright, Sunny and warm enough (52) that the snow is disappearing faster than anticipated.

EB thanks for reminding me to check and see if the seed tubs need moisture.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

February 19, 2010
10:18 PM

Post #7572536

Eeeek! But the bunny had fun playing in the water, didn't she?! LOL

And thanks, regarding BIL. He isn't well-liked in the family but I like him. He has a quick AND quirky sense of humor.

This message was edited Feb 20, 2010 4:54 PM
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

February 19, 2010
10:42 PM

Post #7572587

Celia, I hope your BIL gets to feeling better and more like himself soon. His story sounds like the crazy dreams I have.

Marylyn, how awful! In most of our downstairs, we have linoleum that looks like tile. (We couldn't afford real tile or wood when we moved in.) It has been a very good choice because we track in so much dirt from outside. I don't know if it helps at all in the dust department, but it doesn't get permanently soiled like carpet. Stained concrete in the house sounds very modern and chic. You're getting all "Architectural Digest" on us. ;-)

Today I got with the 21st century. I have a cell phone but it is mainly for emergencies and I have never had to use it. (Knock on wood.) However, we are having problems with our regular phone line and the phone company won't be out to fix it until next week. I had to make a phone call (not an emergency), so I used my cell phone. Amazing that I knew how to use it.

It might rain tonight or tomorrow.

Updated: 1:51 PM PST on February 19, 2010
59 F
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 67%
Dew Point: 48 F
Wind: 8 mph from the South
Wind Gust: 16 mph

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

February 20, 2010
1:28 AM

Post #7572919

36 F
Feels Like: 31 F
Wind: From E at 6mph
Rainy

Almost all the ice has finally melted off the mud roads and now we have more snow coming in. Grrr...

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

February 20, 2010
10:35 AM

Post #7573798

Hi, guys! It's getting so warm here, 57F!!!!!! We still have snow, but I hope it will melt up more today.
Celia, your poor BIL, what a nightmare for him! I'll keep him in my prayers for a quick recovery.
Marylyn, thank God it was only clean water, still what a mess! I hope you can get your stained cement on the floors.
Sally , I have snowdrops blooming! First sign of spring...yiipppeeee!
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

February 20, 2010
10:38 AM

Post #7573799

Closer look.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

February 20, 2010
10:42 AM

Post #7573801

The tulips are popping up!

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

February 20, 2010
10:46 AM

Post #7573804

Kelli, I forgot to congratulate you for the cell-phone! Great job!
My poor forsythia branch which I planted last summer tries to survive to all this snow!

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 20, 2010
11:22 AM

Post #7573825

Well I was just out on the porch and it seemed a little dark - cold and dry - hopefully the sun will warm things up enough to continue the melting trend,
Details for Saturday, February 20
Partly cloudy skies. High 52F. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph.
Evening: Mainly clear skies. Low around 30F. Winds light and variable.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Rocky+Mount&state=VA&site=RNK&textField1=36.9966&textField2=-79.8906

This message was edited Feb 20, 2010 6:59 AM
Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 20, 2010
2:16 PM

Post #7574092

And:

http://www.no-dig-vegetablegarden.com/germinationguide.html

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

February 20, 2010
6:04 PM

Post #7574578

Adina, your forsythia will make it. It has buds growing!

Pepper, sorry about he more snow thing.

Dyson, thanks for the link. That helps me, too.

33.8 F with 38 for the high. And it is a nice 65 in the GH.
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 62%
Dew Point: 22 F
Wind: 1.0 mph from the NW
Wind Gust: 7.0 mph
Pressure: 29.89 in (Steady)
UV: 2 out of 16
Clouds: Few 3000 ft
Mostly Cloudy 6500 ft
Mostly Cloudy 9500 ft
(Above Ground Level)

Monty and Isis will be glad when the sun gets this far.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 20, 2010
6:40 PM

Post #7574648

Like 50 - snow melting - a very good thing.
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

February 20, 2010
11:23 PM

Post #7575172

Celia: hope the BIL continues to improve. Did you mean "quirky" sense of humor? LOL

No snow, no rain, but no sun, either. Overcast all day but my central Arkansas DG friends and I had a good time together at the luncheon. There were 10 of us here today. You would have thought none of us had seen another person in two months from all the talking and laughing that was going on! LOL We all had a bad case of cabin fever but today helped to alleviate that somewhat. Rain coming in tomorrow afternoon and cooler weather later in the week. The almost spring-like temps were nice while they lasted!

I'm waiting for this.

Thumbnail by marsue

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

February 20, 2010
11:40 PM

Post #7575198

30* and snowing, sleeting and raining. When it snows we have golfball size flakes. Only been going on for about an hour. We have probably a half inch of snow and are expecting 1/4 inch of ice tomorrow. UGH!!

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

February 20, 2010
11:55 PM

Post #7575225

I changed it, Mau! I mean "quick". I added quirky because it IS!!! LOL
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

February 21, 2010
12:26 AM

Post #7575291

LOL, Celia!!
Marylyn: I meant to comment on the stained concrete--a good idea IMHO
It should help cut down on the allergies, etc. Won't your HO insurance pay to have the carpet taken up and the floor re-done? In our previous home, one morning when I got out of bed I stepped into about 2 inches of water. The electric water heater in our bathroom had rusted out and the whole bathroom and bedroom were flooded and even under the wall into the living room. We went through the whole scenario you described with the fans and etc. When the carpet and pad were dried out, they sent somebody to re-lay the carpet. The house was only about 6 years old when that happened so the carpet was still in good shape and the insurance company wouldn't replace it but it really didn't need to be replaced. Good luck, whatever you decide to do!

Kelli: congrats on making a call with your cell phone! LOL
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

February 21, 2010
1:08 AM

Post #7575436

Now have at least an inch of snow on the ground. Can't see the grass at all.

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 21, 2010
3:50 AM

Post #7575827

We got to 37 today for a short time. So *%@# much snow around it doesn't even drip off the roofs. A little soft was all. I hope it's gone by 4th of July. Fireworks might not do good in a snowbank.
Seriously, they are talking flooding for this spring. The worst will be the Red River on MN -North Dakota line. It runs north into Canada. It will thaw here long before it does up there. So the water has no place to go.

Minnesota put on a great show against Indiana tonight. 23 point victory, I believe. They get to play Purdue on Sunday. Going to be a though game.

I wish there were some DG people close by here to get together with. Last fall we traveled over to Wisconsin & had dinner with Maxine & also alnitro & marie_ were there. Had a great time, but it was to far for a one day drive.

Bernie
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

February 21, 2010
4:11 AM

Post #7575884

Marylyn I feel your pain.
We had a washer hose blow once... 2" all over the house and up onto the stair riser.

Well we hit the mid upper 40's today w/ full Sun for most of it.
The roof is now clean on the garage but here's this afternoon.

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

February 21, 2010
4:13 AM

Post #7575889

HELP ME!

Thumbnail by henryr10

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

February 21, 2010
3:37 PM

Post #7576757

Bernie: hope you don't have a problem with flooding this spring!
It is really nice to have so many DGers close by here in central Arkansas. We've become quite a close-knit group. :o))

LOL, Ric!!

Rain showers developing by 10am. The rain will become steadier later. Cloudy with temperatures rising to near 52F. Winds SE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 75%.
Today
PM T-Storms
High 53 F
Precip: 90%
Tonight Cloudy
Low 40 F
Precip: 20%
kiska

(Zone 3b)

February 21, 2010
3:50 PM

Post #7576782

Dark~dry~26*
Yesterday our 3 oldest gson came over and scattered sand/gravel on the driveway and pulled, with a snow rake, snow off the roof. A big help and a good kid. Was in the high 30's, I opened windows and doors for a while for a breath of fresh air for the house.
Sorry about your water mess, Marylyn. Concrete floors would be cool on barefeet in summer; sounds good. Glad you're glad to have the chance to remodel, too.
Celia~funny story, but sorry it's due to his meds. Glad he's doing better.
Adina~from snow to spring growth at the same time; great to see.
ric~it's on the move:)) heads up. love the above photo.
E_B~beautiful photo/ scene.
kelli~cell phones do serve a purpose at times, don't they; I sure don't leave home w/out it anymore.
marsue~love the daffodil-what a good day you must have had yesterday.
pepper~has the snow tapered off? What a mess of weather.
Gson sanding the driveway yesterday.

Thumbnail by kiska

kiska

(Zone 3b)

February 21, 2010
3:51 PM

Post #7576786

hi Marsue. Very nice to have those DG connections.

Thumbnail by kiska

Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 21, 2010
3:56 PM

Post #7576797

Bright Sunny and warming - should be near 60 today. With any luck most of the snow will be gone - except the larger piles created by the plows.

Going to start some pea seeds in the kitchen today (Green Arrow).

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 21, 2010
7:48 PM

Post #7577266

Flooding won't bother us. Our garden might be under water for a time, but OK by the time we plant.
Sunny here today.
Been working in the shop.

We want to have the big kitchen job done by the 5th of March.

Bernie

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

February 21, 2010
8:28 PM

Post #7577339

It's been cloudy today and raining in the afternoon, but still warm, 50F. Today it's my DD's BD, she is 26.

Kiska, good for you to have such a good help! Look at that ice! How is Frank?
Ric, wow, so much snow on the roof, coming down like Jackie's a while ago! LOL at the poor bird!
Mau, so nice to meet DG friends! I'm expecting some daffs like that too! I planted the bulbs last fall.
Celia, yes, it has buds! Here's a closer look.
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

February 21, 2010
8:29 PM

Post #7577342

And here's my DD and her belly at the movie's...she saw Avatar!LOL

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 21, 2010
9:11 PM

Post #7577409

59 or 60 according to the tempothingy on the front porch.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

February 21, 2010
9:39 PM

Post #7577442

Snowstorm by KCI right now and another one forming just southwest of here. Right now I think it's just raining and has been all day. But we have ice on the trees and the snow we got last night is now more like sleet. Slick but not solid.

30 F
Feels Like: 20 F
Wind: From N at 12mph

Next 6 hours: A steady snow will continue to fall through mid evening. Cloudy with increasing winds. Temperatures reaching the upper 20s. Winds N at 15 to 20 mph. Chance of snow 70%. About one inch of additional snow through 9pm.

Under a Winter Storm Warning and the radar shows us under snow. So it must be snowing here now.
faeden
SF Bay Area, CA
(Zone 9b)

February 21, 2010
9:48 PM

Post #7577457

I received an email that I thought those of you who've been inundated with snow this year might appreciate. Here's what it said, followed by the attached picture:

"Summer's almost here ...we can now see the deer moving around in our back yard here in Fayette County."

Thumbnail by faeden

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 21, 2010
10:54 PM

Post #7577588

What state is that in ?
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

February 21, 2010
10:55 PM

Post #7577589

There is a Fayette County in PA.
faeden
SF Bay Area, CA
(Zone 9b)

February 21, 2010
11:25 PM

Post #7577643

Yes, it came from Fayette County, Pennsylvania. Sorry for not mentioning that.
kiska

(Zone 3b)

February 22, 2010
2:37 AM

Post #7577943

34*- USA/Canada hockey game is nearly over-good game I'm listening to.
hi faeden-poor deer~that's a lot of snow to wade through to find food. What a sight.
Adina~DD looks great; she's so pretty, too. Frank is doing well, another week and he can begin to put pressure on his foot.
CG~March 5th will be here soon-bet the project looks great.
Dyson~love reading that it's bright and nice there.
36*~Frank and gson enjoying the day yesterday.
We have the deck cleared of snow and it's so much easier for Frank to get out now.

Thumbnail by kiska

Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 22, 2010
4:37 AM

Post #7578195

LOLOL, faeden!! What a great photo!

Thanks for all of the sympathy! You all are great friends. ^_^ (I haven't been in Texas long enough for "y'all" to come naturally yet. LOL) We've been too busy this weekend to do much more than bookmark a webpage or two. Tomorrow the water restoration guys will take away the 8 fans and 2 dehumidifiers (we are not looking forward to our next electric bill!), and the insurance company will send out a contractor to do an inspection. After that, we will find out how much the insurance company is willing to replace. Then we'll start doing price and review comparisons between the stained concrete, and wood laminate, and carpet, and see what we can afford and seems like the best idea.

It has been such a nice weekend, weather wise!! Warm and breezy with occasional rain sprinkles.. I was really hoping spring was hear to stay - it is by this time in February MOST years!!! But no, another chilly front is coming through this week and we have another chance of SNOW Tuesday night! That's really crazy!!!

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 9:53pm CST (42 min ago)
Temperature 57 F 14 C
Dew Point 55 F 13 C
Humidity 96%
Pressure 29.81 in 1009.6 mb
Wind Speed 3 MPH 3 kts
Wind Dir WSW 250
Visibility 10 mi 16.1 km
Current Conditions Clear
6 hour min temperature ending 5:53pm CST : 66.0F / 18.9C
Rest of tonight Partly cloudy in the late evening and early morning then becoming mostly clear. Areas of dense fog in the late evening and early morning. Lows in the upper 40s. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph.
kiska

(Zone 3b)

February 22, 2010
2:28 PM

Post #7578638

30*
Dark-sunrise will be at 8:19; (3 hours from now). Coffee smells good.
Marylyn-a big day at your house; what do the bunnies think of all the activity?
I strung trail-marker tape across the front entrance and it's going to block it till Springtime:))
The snow has broken down the currant shrubs, but they are sturdy so hopefully they'll be ok.

Thumbnail by kiska

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

February 22, 2010
3:42 PM

Post #7578865

Adina LOVE those flowers, and DD does look great!

I love everyone's pics, they're all good!!

Kiska looks like you're getting above freezing now.

We had thunderstorms off and on all day yesterday so nothing got done, and because of all those snow days we had getting all those Fridays and Mondays off this weekend seemed like it didn't happen.

38.3 F
Overcast
Windchill: 38 F
Humidity: 43%
Dew Point: 17 F
Wind: 2.7 mph
Wind Gust: 3.1 mph
Pressure: 28.66 in (Rising)
Visibility: 7.0 miles
Clouds:
Overcast 1800 ft
(Above Ground Level)
Today
Mostly cloudy. Highs around 50. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph in the morning...becoming north 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon.
Tonight
Mostly cloudy. Lows in the lower 30s. North winds 5 to 10 mph.

Alright, going to get some work done here. See ya'll later!

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

February 22, 2010
4:16 PM

Post #7578940

Adina, great pic of your DD!!! She looks so happy! And I love the bud pic.

Kiska, Frank looks tons better. I'll bet he's glad to have that huge bandage off.

For some reason, I'm feeling a little guilty that we don't have any snow. (NOT!!!)

It's 22 with 37 for the high.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

February 22, 2010
7:56 PM

Post #7579490

Yucky overcast day here. Sun is supposed to shine again by Wednesday.
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

February 22, 2010
8:56 PM

Post #7579662

Kiska, the picture of your DH and GS out on the deck is nice, but it makes me feel cold. Sitting still like that, I would last for about 5 minutes, max.

Adina and Rann, is anyone from Romania or Iceland in the Winter Olympics? I've been look for people from those countries but haven't seen any.

We got an immeasurable trace of rain overnight.

Updated: 11:51 AM PST on February 22, 2010
60 F
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 38%
Dew Point: 34 F
Wind: 12 mph from the North

a few hiking pictures - the town is Simi Valley

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

February 22, 2010
8:58 PM

Post #7579679

wishbone bush

Thumbnail by Kelli

Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 22, 2010

Post #7580023

40, Light rain, slowly affecting the snow. Come-on spring!
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

February 23, 2010
1:26 AM

Post #7580441

22 F
Feels Like: 12 F
Wind: From NW at 9mph

Next 6 hours: Mostly cloudy with temperatures slowly falling to near 19F. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph.

Lots of ice around here. Looks like an ice storm hit without the damage.

Thumbnail by pepper23

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

February 23, 2010
2:26 AM

Post #7580552

If you are ready for spring, then check this out. Hold down your mouse button and move your cursor across the black screen

http://www.procreo.jp/labo/flower_garden.swf

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

February 23, 2010
11:19 AM

Post #7580910

Mornin'! All! We still have some lingering rain & right much snow left.
Fog: 39F
Feels like: 39F
Barometer: 29.7 in
Dewpoint: 37
Humidity: 93%
Visibility: 3 miles
Wind: 0 mph
Sunrise: 7:02 AM
Sunset: 6:11 PM

Mau, Thanks for the link! That was fun! You are getting so computer savvy! :D
Kelli, Simi Valley looks neat. Is is heavily populated? Lots of hills in the valley...
Pepper, Looks very cold there. Take care.
Dyson, Are you going to start flower seeds? I've got lots to start, but not sure when to start them. Are you going to bring any to the RU?
Marylyn, So sorry to hear about the flood! :-O I know you won't let it get you down...just another 'adventure'! :D
Celia, LOL! Shame on you for not wanting snow! ;)

Some of you have seen this, but ... here's my 'guitat hero'! LOL

Have a Great Day!
Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

February 23, 2010
2:53 PM

Post #7581298

LOL!!

That big yellow thing in the sky is back! Neener Neener Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeener!!!!!!

32.4 F
Scattered Clouds
Windchill: 32 F
Humidity: 25%
Dew Point: 0 F
Wind: 2.7 mph from the NNE
Wind Gust: 3.1 mph
Pressure: 28.75 in (Rising)
Clouds:
Few 12000 ft
Scattered Clouds 25000 ft
(Above Ground Level)
Today
Partly sunny. Highs in the mid 40s. North winds 5 mph.
Tonight
Partly cloudy. Lows in the mid 20s. Northwest winds 5 mph in the evening...increasing to 5 to 10 mph after midnight.
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

February 23, 2010
4:01 PM

Post #7581449

Spitting snow here and 36
Looks like for the next 3 days that will be the deal.

Ric

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

February 23, 2010
4:44 PM

Post #7581551

Crissy has her day-ball back!!! Yeeeeeeeea!!!

JW!!! LOL Such a cuite!

Thanks, Mau. I love that!

Kelli, thanks for the pics. As always, they're great!

29.1 F with 42 for the high.
Partly Cloudy
Windchill: 25 F
Humidity: 48%
Dew Point: 12 F
Wind: 4.0 mph from the SSE
Wind Gust: 12.0 mph
Pressure: 30.42 in (Falling)
Clouds: Few 20000 ft
(Above Ground Level)

Marylyn, I ,somehow, can't muster up the guilt for not wanting snow anymore. ^_^

Thumbnail by kwanjin

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

February 23, 2010
8:30 PM

Post #7582090

Celia, LOL!
Kelli, great view of the city! We have/had some guys at biatlon, bob and sleigh.
Pepper, sorry for all that snow and cold.
Mau, thanks for the flowers, so cool!
Jackie, I hope your currant shrubs will be OK.
Crissy, thanks. Grrr, thunderstorms!
It's so warm here, still 55F and sunny. But I'm still afraid to say that Spring is here!LOL
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 23, 2010
9:44 PM

Post #7582238

[quote="kwanjin"]

Marylyn, I ,somehow, can't muster up the guilt for not wanting snow anymore. ^_^[/quote]

Yeah, me neither. We've had our taste of winter this year, and I'm ready to go back to our usual weather! LOL The temp is 41 (5C) and dropping fast right now, and it's raining pretty hard. The rain is supposed to turn into snow some time this afternoon/evening (hopefully not just in time for rush hour traffic!), and we might get up to an inch of accumulation. Charles is in central Texas on a business trip right now, and they're getting 3" of snow there... He has always lived in Houston, so he's a little nervous about driving in "so much snow." (giggling...) Hopefully spring will come NEXT week!

Wow, Joey, JW is getting SOOO big!! He's still adorable. I love his smile. :-)

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

February 24, 2010
1:21 AM

Post #7582902

22 F
Feels Like: 11 F
Wind: From NW at 11mph
Next 6 hrs: Decreasing cloudiness with temperatures slowly falling to near 15F. Winds NW at 15 to 20 mph.
31* high today
Low of 7* tonight

Thumbnail by pepper23

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

February 24, 2010
2:22 AM

Post #7583056

Joey, Simi Valley is a medium-sized place, around 100,000 people, give or take.

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

February 24, 2010
11:14 AM

Post #7583694

Mornin! :D I'm running late, so this will be short & sweet...
Cloudy: 36F
Feels like: 28F
Barometer: 29.8 in
Dewpoint: 25
Humidity: 64%
Wind: 9 mph NW
Sunrise: 7:01 AM
Sunset: 6:12 PM

Kelli! 100,000! Is that all! :D Our entire town doesn't consist of 2,000. But it looks like a gorgeous place. :)
Marylyn, Thanks. I think his smile is contagious! :D

Have a Great Day!

This message was edited Feb 24, 2010 6:15 AM

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 24, 2010
1:46 PM

Post #7583876

Howdy Do Everybody!

Short story long, we got our computers last Thursday, set them up, but decided to wait till Monday to call the phone company to help us hook up to the wireless router.

We got familiar with the settings over the weekend, making changes here and there.

When all was said and done Monday, with the phone company, and we were hooking up... we found that Dell didn't send us computers with wireless cards.

So, we figured out what we needed and ran to Best Buy yesterday to get cable to hook them together. That meant moving my kitchen around to hook everything up to wire, But I like how that turned out. (We had also ordered a wireless printer)

We had to thread 100' of cable from his den to my kitchen to get connected. We were finally both online by 3:oopm yesterday. I spent the rest of the afternoon vacuming and putting the house back together.

What a world of difference between 10 years of Microsoft ME and dial-up! I'm very happy and am able to open your pictures in a flash!!

Welcome Faeden!

Sorry to not comment, but I read everything, and have sympathy for you Marylyn, and Celia, for BIL. Adina, love the snowdrops!

It's a cold 6 degrees here and now!

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 24, 2010
2:03 PM

Post #7583916

Good work!
It's nice when someone reminds me of how slow dial up is.
I've had wireless so long I am spoiled. So once in a while it is a bit slow I complain. I should just remember how slow it can be on dial up & smile.
Bernie
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

February 24, 2010
2:49 PM

Post #7584041

Excellent BP!
If you ever decide to get your wireless up and running on your 'puters a wireless card is no trouble to install.
BRRRR!

Celia LOVE that cat's eye view!

We had a skiff of snow last night.
Sun up was blindingly bright!
We're still about 10 low for the normal highs but surprisingly the lows are about average.

Robyn's had a design in mind for a dead end on our Kitchen Cabs.
So over the weekend I put this together from some scrap I had laying around.
She'll put her Homer Laughlin pitchers there.

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

February 24, 2010
3:20 PM

Post #7584104

Hi Everyone!!

Windows ME! I completely forgot about that waist of an OS! LOL!!

I'm going to have to start posting responding posts as I read like I used to, I don't have the memory to remember what everyone said!

31.1 F
Partly Cloudy
Windchill: 31 F
Humidity: 23%
Dew Point: -2 F
Wind: 0.0 mph
Pressure: 18.41 in (Rising)
Clouds:
Few 2500 ft
(Above Ground Level)

Today
Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 40s. North winds 10 to 15 mph in the morning...decreasing to 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon.

Tonight
Mostly clear. Lows in the lower 20s. Northeast winds 5 mph.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

February 24, 2010
3:24 PM

Post #7584115

Oh! I forgot to give an update on BIL. He has been moved to the VA hospital and will get the care he needs to get stronger and better. He's more coherent and talking to everyone. He doesn't think he's in Vancouver anymore.

34.4 F with snow and 38 for the high.
Overcast
Humidity: 49%
Dew Point: 17 F
Wind Gust: 5.0 mph
Pressure: 30.11 in (Rising)
Clouds: Few 5000 ft
Mostly Cloudy 8000 ft
Overcast 9500 ft
(Above Ground Level)

BP, I can't remember if I showed you the beebalm you sent me.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

February 24, 2010
3:28 PM

Post #7584121

Looks like winter has returned for a lot of us! :o((

Ric: love the corner "nook"--a great place for displaying those pitchers. Be sure to get a photo for us once they are in place.

Our high today will be in the low 40's. Sun is shining but it is still cold. Low down in the 20's tonight. Possibly some snow on Friday but mainly in the western part of the state. Hope it stays there!

Celia: we crossed--glad your BIL is improving!

This message was edited Feb 24, 2010 9:30 AM
kiska

(Zone 3b)

February 24, 2010
3:33 PM

Post #7584132

29* Dark
hi to everyone-and loved seeing what's happening.

Thumbnail by kiska

kiska

(Zone 3b)

February 24, 2010
3:34 PM

Post #7584133

crossed too, marsue~have a great day.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

February 24, 2010
3:54 PM

Post #7584179

It's snowing.

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 24, 2010
3:56 PM

Post #7584187

I got part of my new desk done.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

February 24, 2010
3:59 PM

Post #7584195

Very nice!

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 24, 2010
6:19 PM

Post #7584558

Oh Bernie, I would cry if I had to go back to slow. I have real empathy for those who still have it. I've been waiting since 2006 to be on DSL. Ever since I signed on Dave's.

Ric, we are old. DH didn't want to have to remove the case, tho we had to do it long ago on the Gateway. We even have the strap needed to ground against shock. Right now, we're up and running, so we're happy. I love Robyn's idea. What a great way to fill in empty space! I'd like to see the pitchers when they're in place.

Chrissy, I can laugh now. We ran it for 10 years. It's the only computer I knew. A month after we had it we got the black screen of "send it to Gateway to be fixed" screen.

Celia, I'm glad BIL is better. I like quirky people. They have a unique character and there will never be another person like them. Look at George Burns, Jack Benny, The Marx Brothers. Our town character was Red. I really miss him. He died a while back at a good old age. He used to use horses to pull a wagon around. We got a shetland pony from him. (Monarda) Even if you did, it looks even better when it loads in fast :o) Sleep, creep, leap!

Howdy Kiska! Love the stream!

Bernie, very nice desk!

I need to unload the camera and post my new work station too.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

February 25, 2010
1:23 AM

Post #7585490

19 F
Feels Like: 19 F
Wind: From NNE at 4mph

A bitterly cold day but no winds so it was tolerable. Ice is finally melting off the trees so it doesn't look like a winter wonderland anymore.

Thumbnail by pepper23

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

February 25, 2010
4:19 AM

Post #7586017

I like quirky people, too. I had better, else, I couldn't live with myself! LOL

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 25, 2010
11:53 AM

Post #7586405

It's Dyson Dark and Kiska Cold at 6 degrees and the ''Snow Moon'' is waxing gibbous.

Pepper, what a beautiful ice picture!

Celia, I like your sense of humor!

My work station, aka, my kitchen

Thumbnail by billyporter

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

February 25, 2010
2:56 PM

Post #7586662

LOL Celia!

Glad BIL is doing better and doesn't think he's in Vancouver anymore.

Nice desk!

Glad that ice is melting, I love winter wonderlands and all, they're very pretty, but I've about had it with this cold crap! And apparently I'm on something and don't know it. When I got up I told Dave, "I need to get Tiga for food." Then a little later I put on my watch and noticed that the battery died at 11:20pm last night, I said, "I need to get a watch for my batter today at lunch." OK!!! I'm talking backwards today, what else is new!

Well, here we go again!
34.7 F
Partly Cloudy
Windchill: 35 F
Dew Point: -0 F
Wind: 2.2 mph from the ENE
Wind Gust: 3.6 mph
Clouds:
Few 25000 ft
(Above Ground Level)
Today
Mostly sunny. Highs in the upper 40s. East winds 5 mph in the morning...increasing to 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon.
Tonight
Mostly cloudy. A slight chance of snow and rain after midnight. Lows around 30. East winds 5 to 10 mph in the evening... decreasing to 5 mph after midnight. The chance of precipitation 20 percent after midnight.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

February 25, 2010
5:22 PM

Post #7587021

I'm with you, Crissy. Can we have somebody turn up the heat a notch out there, please?

37.2 F with 43 for the high. 60% chance of snow.
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 91%
Dew Point: 35 F
Wind: 1.0 mph from the NNW
Wind Gust: 6.0 mph
Pressure: 30.19 in (Steady)
Clouds: Few 500 ft
Mostly Cloudy 4000 ft
Mostly Cloudy 9000 ft
(Above Ground Level)

Thumbnail by kwanjin

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

February 25, 2010
8:02 PM

Post #7587420

Yea! Who ordered this cold crap anyway?

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 25, 2010
8:59 PM

Post #7587568

Thanks Chrissy, my drafting chair was so tall it wouldn't push in under the desk. DH had to make new legs and hasn't got around to staining them yet. Don't we all have days like that :o)

Celia, does someone not like his whisker pulled?

We ran to town this morn and got groceries. We eat for another week!

30 degrees and sunny right now. We're going to get cold with wind chill to 10 degrees below! I'm staying in!

An icicle with hoarfrost.

Thumbnail by billyporter

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

February 25, 2010
9:34 PM

Post #7587643

BP, how 'cool' is that? I love it! Monty likes to chew on his whiskers when they fall out. I don't know. He's quirky, too.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 25, 2010
9:47 PM

Post #7587666

Windy - Cold - Cold Wind - I have sweet peas and onions sprouting in the kitchen. Hope the snow melts off soon.
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

February 25, 2010
11:43 PM

Post #7587875

Celia Mr. MontyMan always makes my day! What would you give for 51*??? Hmmm?? LOL! Glad to hear your BIL is doing better. Praying for a quick recovery.
Ric Need some more snow? Youve a bunch this year.
Joey beautiful pic! I bet you are pretty tired of the snow too.
EB neat pic!
Marylyn the stained cement is a great idea and not very expensive. A lot of people are doing it here. I hope you get all that damage taken care of soon. Its happened to me beforewhat a mess. And why is it always the bathroom???
Adina I cant believe how warm you are! Youre warmer than us now. Great flower pics!
Kiska A new term for me snow rake. That was sweet of your DGSs to help out. Frank looks much better than he did a month ago. Glad to see he is healing well.
Adina Your DD looks happy and wonderful!
Faeden LOL!!
Pepper Its been a while since Ive seen that much ice. Remember the ice storm last year?
Joey JW just gets bigger and cuter! Hes adorable! How is Jack doing?
Sally Im so glad you got the computers all set up! And its so neat and tidy. I wont show you a picture of mine. Id probably die of dts.
Bernie Your desk looks great!
Dyson The garden begins! Thats great about the seeds!

Clear
Windchill: 42 F
Humidity: 28%
Dew Point: 15 F
Wind: 8.3 mphfrom the South
Wind Gust: 13.5 mph
Pressure: 30.01 in (Rising)
Clouds: Clear -
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 18 ft

Lake Wind Advisory in effect until 5 PM EST this afternoon...
Freeze warning in effect from 3 am to 9 am EST Friday...
Tonight
Mostly clear. Lows in the upper 20s. West winds 5 to 10 mph. Lowest wind chill readings 22 to 27. yay...

We had about a week of 50s, 60s and even one 70* day. It was gorgesous and now the pollen is rampant. We've lost 3 plants to the freezes. The Willow is dead too due to the freezes. The trunk split. We're taking it out this weekend. I've spent a lot of time in the yard cleaning the beds and cutting back dead stuff. Amazingly the camellia has survived and the buds have remained. Here it is in all it's glory.

Thumbnail by MySharona

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

February 25, 2010
11:44 PM

Post #7587876

And the camellia is the reason we didn't put blinds on the window. beautiful view!

Thumbnail by MySharona

kiska

(Zone 3b)

February 26, 2010
12:30 AM

Post #7587995

26*F snowing- not dark.
bp~loved the view of your desk/area. Nice to see where you are. The hoarfrost icicle is great.
The "stream" is my driveway:))
mySharona~how pretty~the flowers look wonderful through the window.
great pics from all-

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 26, 2010
10:42 AM

Post #7588753

10* and cold, but it dowsn't feel like the 10* below zero wind chill we're supposed to be feeling. Course, I was only out long enough to feed the neighbor's outdoor cat who lives here :o)

Celia, he is one of a kind :o)

Dyson, my thoughts have been turning to the garden too. I can start the cabbage, peppers, etc. in late March and tomatoes and such in mid April. Yesterday I broke down and bought vine ripened cherry tomatoes in the mesh bag. Oh,my, gosh. They tasted real!

Sharon, smiling, it's mostly tidy. I can't work in a mess. I just removed the kleenex box and a couple other picture spoilers. Should have hidden the wires better, but what can you do? I'll bet getting out and working in the yard felt so good! The camellia is perfect! Now that is a gorgeous view, inside and out!!

Kiska, LOL. I wasn't sure what I was looking at.

I can't remember if I used ''Kitty Fight'' before or not.

Thumbnail by billyporter

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

February 26, 2010
2:56 PM

Post #7589073

A cat that chews his whiskers when they fall out. That's very interesting! LOL Tiga was sitting in the middle of the bathroom with me when I was taking a shower and she started yelling, I have no idea why she was yelling but she was, it was hilarious!

Today's Tiga's birthday, presumably!

BP that is gorgeous!

40.1 F
Overcast
Windchill: 40 F
Humidity: 21%
Dew Point: 3 F
Clouds:
Scattered Clouds 4000 ft
Mostly Cloudy 8000 ft
Overcast 12000 ft
(Above Ground Level)
Today
Mostly cloudy. A slight chance of snow in the morning. A slight chance of rain during the day. Highs in the mid 40s. East winds 5 to 10 mph. The chance of precipitation 20 percent.
Tonight
Mostly cloudy. Lows around 30. Northwest winds 5 mph.
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

February 26, 2010
3:15 PM

Post #7589125

Sounds like Monty needs some chewing gum!
It comes in Milk, Salmon and New Grass currently, Catnip Flavor was taken off the shelves for some reason and Hair Ball never really caught on...

Looks like we will finally be seeing some relief from the cold.
Mid 40's maybe all next week.
Some MORE snow today.

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10

kiska

(Zone 3b)

February 26, 2010
4:13 PM

Post #7589247

7am; dark; 16*; snow mist. Lots of new snow yesterday freshened the scenery.
Love the kitties pics and comments; they are so entertaining w/out even trying.
keep warm, bp.
crissy-your weather is going to be mixed up, isn't it? Happy b'dy to Tiga.
ric~cool tracks.
Some new glass pieces.

Thumbnail by kiska

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

February 26, 2010
4:53 PM

Post #7589357

Kiska, how pretty!

Happy Birthday, Tiga!!! Rotten kitty...

Ric, I may have to get Isis to try one of the new Diet Flavors!

37.9 F with 47 for the high! Yea!
Mostly Cloudy
Windchill: 33 F
Humidity: 58%
Dew Point: 24 F
Wind: 6.0 mph from the South
Wind Gust: 18.0 mph
Pressure: 30.31 in (Falling)
Clouds: Few 4500 ft
Mostly Cloudy 20000 ft
(Above Ground Level)

I ran across the pic from last year and had to share it again.

This message was edited Feb 26, 2010 10:11 AM

Thumbnail by kwanjin

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

February 26, 2010
5:09 PM

Post #7589386

Tiga will be so happy to hear about the birthday wishes!!

Too cute Celia!

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 26, 2010
5:54 PM

Post #7589494

Happy Birthday Tiga! How old are you?

Thanks Chrissy !

Ric, I've never heard of chewing gum for cats. The snow is getting ugly now.

Kiska, gorgeous glass!!

Celia, ''hiding'' cats crack me up!

My daughter just called. Her MIL had a phone call from her Grandson, crying and talking so she could hardly understand him. He said he and his college friends were in Canada. They had gotten "lippy" with the border guards and were in jail. He needed her to go to Western Union and send him $2500.00. She said ok. Then she got a call from a person saying they were representing him and she needed to wire more money to England.

She said ok, but thought it was sort of funny since he was going to college, but they told her they just went on a lark. At the bank, they told her not to send the money.

This all came over her cell phone. She's on a shared plan with her son, the father of the Grandson. She had tried to call her Grandson after the two calls, but he wasn't picking up his phone. So, she wasn't sure what was going on. Anyway, he hadn't called her and wasn't in Canada. They reported it to the police so there is a record of it.

They used his name and knew she was the grandma.

This same scam has happened a few days ago in another town over from us. Tell your familes to watch out. Have a safe word to identify family members.

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 26, 2010
6:14 PM

Post #7589537

This same thing was warned about last year during spring break.
I like the crying & talking so she could not understand him part. I suppose if the fool talked plain, you would know it wasn't the grandson.

They need to put tracking on cell phones like they do internet. Then they can catch up to these people & throw them in jail, river, somewhere they won't bother anybody any longer.

Cold day again.
The weather liars have been predicting BEAUTIFUL weather for this weekend. Not much nice about 20 with heavy clouds!

I predict spring should get here & all the snow be melted by the 4th of July.

This is global warming!

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 26, 2010
6:22 PM

Post #7589568

Thanks for the confirmation Bernie. I like the part about the river :o)

I was going to add, if I can save one person, I'll be happy. Since the other was reported in the police reports in the local paper, it's a real scam and not a college friend trying to take a nice person's money.

The MIL isn't a gullable person. But she is a Grandma and logic flies out the window when a decent non-trouble making kid seems to be in trouble.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

February 26, 2010
6:32 PM

Post #7589595

I'm so very glad the bank personel were on the ball!

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 26, 2010
8:42 PM

Post #7589840

Isn't that the truth! That's the perks of banking in your hometown. They know you and you're comfortable sharing your troubles with them. They were the voice of logic she needed. Luckily she had quite a drive to find a Western Union too.
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

February 26, 2010
8:55 PM

Post #7589870

Yes it is! Smart of her to check with the bank. I'm worried about her grandson though, is he alright?
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

February 26, 2010
8:58 PM

Post #7589875

Oh I'm sorry!! Tiga's 14 years old.

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 26, 2010
10:55 PM

Post #7590156

Her Grandson was fine. He just happened to not answer the phone at that time.

Tiga's had many birthdays!
Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 26, 2010
11:14 PM

Post #7590202

Darkining, cold and windy, many onion and pea sprouts, need to start cauliflower seeds but I am quickly running out of room.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

February 27, 2010
1:16 AM

Post #7590522

29 F
Feels Like: 29 F
Wind: From E at 3mph
Clear-Full Moon

Next 6 hours: Mostly clear with temperatures falling to the low 20s. Winds NNW at 5 to 10 mph.

Ice has melted from our muddy roads and now I have to dodge deep potholes. We need gravel bad!!!
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

February 27, 2010
2:49 AM

Post #7590922

LOL!
I'd love to hvae them call here.
We told our Son's the same thing Dad told me... You get arrested you get Yourself out.
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

February 27, 2010
2:50 AM

Post #7590924

BP: nice set-up for the new computer! Wow, what a scam they almost pulled off on your MIL! So glad she didn't wire the money!
Bernie: the new desk is NICE!
Kiska: lovely plate and candle holder!
All you "peeps" here are so talented!

Here in central Arkansas we made it up to 52°F today although we were only forecast to be in the low 40's!! However, in the mountainous regions of western Arkansas, they had 3 inches of snow today!
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

February 27, 2010
3:18 AM

Post #7590983

Just heard from my Friend Nancy in Brooklyn, NYC.
At least 18" of new snow in her yard since yesterday.
Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 27, 2010
10:29 AM

Post #7591577

No new snow here - been too cold to complete melting the old stuff off. And it is dark.

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 27, 2010
12:02 PM

Post #7591614

Ric, I agree. Too many kids get bailed out and don't learn a thing. Luckily this Grandson is a good kid. If he had just answered his phone when she called, none of it would have gotten so far.

Thanks Marsue, I'm a lot more comfortable in my own kitchen :o)

Ditto Dyson on the weather.

It's 12*, breezy and cold. A rabbit was by the tree eating up the corn the squirrels drop from the cob. He was too suprised to move for a few seconds. (We feed the neighbor's outdoor cat who lives her. LOL)

Moon bright!
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

February 27, 2010
2:29 PM

Post #7591833

About 2" of polite snow (none on the roads) last night.
Still snowing but lightly.
They are talking mid 40's and rain tomorrow.
Then off and on showers, sunny and mid 40's all the rest of the week.
Maybe we've seen the last of this stuff.

Here's Wu yesterday in that brief window of Sun we had.

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

February 27, 2010
3:38 PM

Post #7592016

Well, Uuummmm, I don't mean to brag, bbbuuuuuuutttt

50.0 F
Clear
Windchill: 48 F
Dew Point: 38 F
Wind: 0.0 mph from the West
Pressure: 30.02 in (Steady)
Clouds:
Clear -
(Above Ground Level)
Today
Sunny. Highs in the lower 50s. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph.
Tonight
Mostly clear. Lows in the upper 20s. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph in the evening...becoming north after midnight.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

February 27, 2010
6:51 PM

Post #7592394

Ric, your deck shows up again! Who's there in the swing?Great job with the kitchen cupboard.
Sally, congratulations for the new computers! It looks great in your kitchen...and the kitchen too! Love your furniture and the tiles. So glad your MIL didn't wire the money! That was scary...grrr!
Sharon, wow, wow, wow!!!!!! What a gorgeous camellia! Great view from your window!
Celia, I'm so happy your BIL is feeling better! Great pics of Monty!
Crissy, Happy 14th Birthday to Tiga!
Jackie is that your drive? Cool glas dishes and vase. I have a few my DD made when she was in highschool...I never mentioned she went to a highschool with this specialization of glass making. They mostly painted the glass objects, but she was very talented. Too bad she didn't like it that much, but they didn't have jobs for them anyway.

It's been raining today and a bit windy. Only 4C=40F today, a bit chilly, but so good after so much freeze.
It's been such an exausting week...it feels great to be home for the week-end!
I just finished an article but I'm worried it won't be approved in time to appear on the March 1st.
I found this Scilla bifolia near the snowdrops...made me so happy, I didn't know I have it!
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 27, 2010
7:44 PM

Post #7592476

Wu Hoo :o)

Ric, it's so nice to see deck instead of snow. Even on a cold day we can tuck into a sunny corner in the sun and get some fresh air.

Awww Chrissy, that's pretty nice weather for February.

Adina, thank you! Being in the kitchen means I'm closer to the snacks, LOL! It's still great that your daughter has the talent to do it. I'm impressed! Aren't suprises wonderful? I love scillia! Mine are a deep blue and called Blue Flag.

I'm still tweaking the settings on my computer. I love this thing!

This is the path I added to the rose bed last fall. We took the grandkids to get a load of pea gravel and they had little buckets they filled, a wagon to pull their buckets with, and they helped fill it in. It's just dirt here.

Thumbnail by billyporter

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

February 27, 2010
9:42 PM

Post #7592714

35 F
Feels Like: 27 F
Sunny
Wind: From NW at 11mph

Next 6 Hrs: Sunny with temperatures falling to the low 20s. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

February 27, 2010
9:59 PM

Post #7592746

Tsunami warning for Hawaii: They are still waiting on it to hit but have seen signs that it's coming. Advisory for coastal areas of Alaska also.
Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 27, 2010
11:48 PM

Post #7592974

Sunny and 40 here today still not melting fast enough - I am way to far north for this time of year. But I am getting way to old to pick up and relocate with the seasons.
Early_Bloomer
Springboro, PA
(Zone 5a)

February 28, 2010
6:10 AM

Post #7593779

29 F and snowing heavily this morning. It's really piling up again! The snow blower is getting a workout.

Ric...Bare wood? You obviously don't have nearly enough snow there! I have deer in my backyard quite often. They like to check out the apple trees. I had a coyote cross in front of me while I was driving home tonight. It was moving fast and when I got to the place where it crossed there were a lot of very fresh deer tracks. The deep snow is hard on the deer.

billyp...Your garden looks great. I sure am anxious to have some of that color around here again. I'm glad your DD's MIL didn't fall for that scam. Sounds like she would have if the bank wasn't on the ball.

Kiska...Your glass work looks great. I picked up a kiln a couple of weeks ago. Not too sure what I'm going to do with it yet. My son's doing a double major in college--Graphic Arts and Ceramics--and it was too good a deal to pass up.

I saw that deer photo a couple of years ago. Some one sent it to a newspaper here in Pa. and claimed it was from the area but it turned out to be from somewhere in western Canada--if I remember correctly.

I took a few photos driving into work Sat. but the camera is out in the truck and I'm not wading through the snow to get it tonight so I'll post one from last month instead.

early_bloomer

Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer

Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 28, 2010
10:49 AM

Post #7593980

Cold, dark, the wind has died down. need to start Cauliflower seeds but have not been able to clear a spot yet.

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

February 28, 2010
12:08 PM

Post #7594034

Mornin'...It's still snowing here, but not amounting to much. It's blowing away almost as fast as it's falling. The temp is @ 32, but ti feels like 23.
Went to pick up Garrett's new truck up in Wheeling & faught snow all the way to Fairmont. I-79 was terrible. There was 6" of snow in the left lane most of the way.There was a snowplow that had hit the guard rail, w/ rear end down over the embankment & broke off his blade. Actually I-77 was in the best shape of all.
There were blizzard warnings up everywhere ~ Pochohuntas Co. (WV), Wythe Co. (VA) & Tazwell Co. (VA). All of which are right around me.
E_B, Glad that your snow blower is still working! :D This winter has been very hard on the deer. I have seen so many dead yearlings this year...on the move because of no food.
Sally! So glad that you have your new 'puter'! :D Love your new walk! :D You know what I did? I copied & pasted what you had typed about the scam & sent it to all my friends (via e-mail). What will they do next?!!! But Thanks for the info.
Adina, You've got more flowers sprouting! Yeay!
Dyson, LOL! Are you running out of room? :D I probably will too. I stopped at Lowe's yesterday on the way home & found a neat little GH for only $39! & I picked up somemore seed starter trays. I got some fluorescent lights from work (that they were going to throw away), so now I think I'm ready to start 'sewing'! :D
Ric, Wu looks quite comfy...she's such a beautiful dog.
Bernie, I certainly Hope that the snow is gone by then!, but at this rate ... who knows!
Pepper, stay warm...& hopefully spring will be here shortly.
Have a Great Day!
Joey

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 28, 2010
12:21 PM

Post #7594050

16* and cold again.

Thanks Bernie! We had corn in January too. Mostly in low spots that couldn't be picked till it froze. A couple of weeks ago they were running the corn dryers across the road. Very unusual.

Dyson, are you starting under lights or on the windowsill? I'm going to try cabbage and brussels sprouts again. last year they all had dampening off. My fault.

The finished Rosebed path

Thumbnail by billyporter

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 28, 2010
12:30 PM

Post #7594058

Joey, we sort of cross posted. Right in the middle of everything, DH came out to show me the latest thing he figured out, and I got behind. Wow, we haven't had any new snow for a while now. Spring IS just around the corner! Hang in there :o) That's sad about the deer. They eat gardens and flowers, but you never want to see them starve. We've had a lot hit by cars. 5 deer in just 3 miles of highway. (Timber crossing)

Yeah, spread the word on the scam. Funny, when there is ''danger'' logic goes out the window a lot of times.

What luck on the throw away lights!

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 28, 2010
1:09 PM

Post #7594092

Anybody see Americas Most Wanted last night ? They were after a guy that would offer you a big loan over the phone. All you had to do was give him your bank acct number & he would direct deposit it for you. Of course he was way better at withdrawal than depositing.
People are so stupid to fall for that!

5 going for 35 maybe. To much snow for it to get warmer. Sunny.

I had a flood this morning. Brand new faucet in the bathroom. Turned on the hot side, cold handle blew off & water geyser was happening. Got a shower trying to reach the shutoff under the sink. Light bulbs burst because of the cold water hitting them. Will be taking it back to Menards later & raising heck for selling inferior product. Looks like a brass thingy broke off.

Talking about Menards, flier yesterday has sheetrock for $3.89 a sheet & R11 insulation for $4.99 a roll. That's extremely low price. I paid around $6 for sheetrock & nearly $10 for the insulation last fall.
Bernie

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 28, 2010
5:45 PM

Post #7594592

I wish no one fell for any of it, but it will never go away.

Oh no, another flooded bathroom! Our year old faucet wore a hole on top. DH tried soldering it and wrapping that in gorilla tape. It lasted for a while. I'm so sick of inferior products.

We're at 32*. Fairly nice. I went out and burned wastebaskets a while ago.
Dyson
Rocky Mount, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 28, 2010
9:49 PM

Post #7595126

This place was built so long ago - the main house in 1900 and can only guess when the apartment was built on. there is an old "claw foot" bathtub, I have had to replace washers in it but the hardware is holding up.

40 something and the first day I could navigate (on foot) to the back edge of the yard without walking through / stepping on snow. maybe winter will be over once again.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

March 1, 2010
1:30 AM

Post #7595678

34 F
Feels Like: 28 F
Wind: From NNE at 7mph
Clear

Next 6 hours: Increasing clouds with temperatures slowly falling to near 31F. Winds NE at 5 to 10 mph.
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

March 1, 2010
2:38 AM

Post #7595824

Love that shot E_B!

Cold and light snow most of the day BUT we will, it appears, stay above freezing tonight!

Here's a shot from today.

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

March 1, 2010
4:23 AM

Post #7596048

New month, new thread.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1078716/

Please do not post here any longer.
Bernie
gsytch
New Port Richey, FL

March 8, 2010
2:45 AM

Post #7612355

Here in Central Florida, we are hoping winter is saying goodbye. According to the NWS, it has been the coldest winter season since 1958, 3rd coldest overall. My yard is toast from all the cold! Yesterday was a sunny, pleasant 66F and yet still 10 degrees below normal, and we were happy! That is how bad it has been. I am seriously rethinking my landscape. If it were just a cold snap, that is one thing. But, its been so cold, so long I have not been able to get outside much and so there is more cleaning to do. My beautiful, 30" Mango Tree looks horrible, as does my 30' Triangle Palm, for example. Both will survive, but right now its ugly. They are "hoping" for 70's this week. We sure need it...Greg in New Port Richey FL (about an hour N of St Pete on the Gulf)
Early_Bloomer
Springboro, PA
(Zone 5a)

March 8, 2010
7:40 PM

Post #7614641

Hey Greg...Welcome! We have moved.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1078716/

early_bloomer

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Weather Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Boring Hurricane Boards? Floridian 106 Jul 24, 2011 12:43 PM
Big Feb Storm CountryGardens 54 Mar 3, 2007 2:39 PM
Yipee It's March!! Daily Weather sugarweed 206 Mar 9, 2007 4:58 AM
Deadly Tornado hits Alabama henryr10 22 Mar 5, 2007 5:01 PM
Help!!! Something's eating the moon!!!! Resin 10 Mar 6, 2007 4:42 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America