Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Cannas: New canna yesterday

Communities > Forums > Cannas
bookmark
Forum: CannasReplies: 3, Views: 60
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
CherokeeGreg
Fresno, CA
(Zone 9a)

February 10, 2010
5:25 PM

Post #7548045

Anyone have this Canna ? I received it yesterday !!!!!!!!!!
Canna warscewiczii
It has purple streaked, shining foliage, blackish stems & cherry red tubular blooms. This (non-hybrid) species from Costa Rica & Brazil flowers from Spring to frost & maintains a neat look as the flowers fall naturally from the spikes. Grow in rich soil & does well in a container. To 6 tall and 3 across. Attracts hummers.
I cannot wate to put it in the ground !
Greg
DesertPirate
Fallbrook, CA
(Zone 10b)

February 10, 2010
9:05 PM

Post #7548689

If you find yourself with an abundance of rhizomes later in the year, Greg, I'd love to get a couple from you.
Randy
smurf428
cullman, AL
(Zone 7b)

February 18, 2010
7:48 PM

Post #7569836

I dont have the Canna warscewiczii, I've only see a few pics of them, but they are really nice looking... From what I read they seed too, which is always a bonus for me.. Greg if you get a chance add some pics of yours to the plant files as theres not many of this one there..
jen
Abutilon
Coal Center, PA
(Zone 6a)

February 19, 2010
2:36 PM

Post #7571454

I have it and is one of my favourite species cannas. Yes, it does grow true from seed.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Cannas Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Canna You Help? scooterbug 5 Sep 2, 2008 5:48 PM
Tropicanna Canna is sick Kell 49 May 2, 2012 9:10 PM
Resources thread - your feedback, please Terry 9 Jun 1, 2013 10:58 AM
the way i do my canna seeds phicks 14 May 22, 2007 11:09 PM
The ugly cannas bwilliams 60 Nov 5, 2007 8:04 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America