It's getting close to spring, One Konjac starting to grow!

Poughkeepsie, NY(Zone 6a)

I noticed it last month. A 4 pounder that is now 5" tall. Whether it's a flower or not I'm not sure yet.

My 13 pounder is still sleeping though.....

(Zone 6a)

I have a few that are just starting to put up a spike. Mine are always late... someone posted a photo on another forum, her flower opened the beginning of this week!

Poughkeepsie, NY(Zone 6a)

I don't think mine is a flower but we'll see.

noonamah, Australia

All my Amorphs are still growing well except for the pranii. For some reason it went into dormancy although there's still a few months of growing season left. My largest is a paeoniifolius, it stopped growing by late December when it reached 227 centimetres (7.45 feet). This is it this morning, in the rectangular pot.

Thumbnail by tropicbreeze
(Zone 6a)

Looks lovely, tropicbreeze. Another Australian just posted a photo of his 30+ cm paeoniifolius bulb- planted with mulch and chicken poo. I'm so envious!
FWIW, my prainii did the same thing, it never grew long enough to build up a big tuber. The tuber just got smaller and smaller until it croaked.
:(

noonamah, Australia

Lakesidecallas, I haven't seen that other post of the A. paeoniifolius, which forum is it in?

My A. prainii I only bought last year as a growing plant, not my prefered way with Amorphs, but the only way they had it. I think they must have got it going early in the season. I haven't dug it up yet to see how the tuber is. Just want it to be completely dormant first. Anyway, I won't be able to know if it has grown or shrunk.

(Zone 6a)

Sorry, I didn't make that clear. It was on Aroid-L, the email list.
http://aroid.org/aroidl-archive/

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.