Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Market Growers: Required Licenses & Permits?

Communities > Forums > Market Growers
bookmark
Forum: Market GrowersReplies: 3, Views: 81
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
msrobin
Caneyville, KY
(Zone 6b)

February 14, 2010
5:06 PM

Post #7558581

I know this has been discussed in the past, but since things change every year and my local county extension office is not familar with CSAs, and I can't find anything online that answers my questions...

I'm not sure if or how I might want to expand this summer, as it depends on how much extra I have. I know it varies by locale and I want a idea of what to expect. What licenses and/or permits do I need (federal, state and local levels) to sell the following items or methods:

1. CSA only, with me delivering to a different county?
2. Selling at a Farmer's Market, different town, same county?
3. Selling perrenial plants directly from the farm?
4. Selling vegetable plants directly from the farm
5. Selling fresh produce to a resturant (sp?)?

BTW, I am planning on asking a local farmer to come in and plow a full acre for me, just to be on the safe side. ;)

Appreciate all of the advice and encourage from everyone!

Robin

This thread has 3 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. Take a tour of our site and learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!

Other Market Growers Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Sat., June 21 Markets CountryGardens 40 Oct 5, 2010 5:25 AM
Odor-free Bone Meal? Will wildlife still uproot plants? PlanterRik 8 Jun 24, 2009 2:31 PM
Question on growing food for sale (organic) hczone6 28 Oct 1, 2007 7:52 PM
water melons,cantaloupes CricketsGarden 8 Sep 1, 2007 8:39 PM
Backyard nursery TXSWETIE 183 Jul 2, 2007 9:13 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America