Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Goodwill 1980's chandelier to garden solar light

Phoenix, AZ

$2.50

Thumbnail by Fish_knees
Phoenix, AZ

Paint and solar lights

Thumbnail by Fish_knees
Wells, TX(Zone 8b)

HOW COOL IS THAT!!!!! I was just given a copper chandiler that hold 2 globes guess what I will be copying!!!

Gilroy (Sunset Z14), CA(Zone 9a)

That looks just fantastic!

Milwaukee, WI

guess I need to go to goodwill tommorrow lol very nice

Miami Beach, FL(Zone 10b)

Beautiful work ..great idea ..!
Would you mind to post close up pictures?
Thanks you.

Dover AFB, DE(Zone 7a)

Beautiful!

Phoenix, AZ

Close up

Thumbnail by Fish_knees
Long Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

You should get an award for that. It looks like it was made to be that way.
EXCELLENT !!!
OK now I want one. lol

Phoenix, AZ

Thanks everyone! I'm pretty tickled with it ☺ I got some pretty strange looks while I was standing in line to pay for it. If only they knew.....................

Here's a floor lamp I got for $7. I took the electrical out of the top and stuck this solar globe in it. It changes colors going through a whole spectrum of colors.

Thumbnail by Fish_knees
Henderson, NC(Zone 7b)

That is the greatest! I will also be on the lookout for one. thanking you for showing me how..

Dover AFB, DE(Zone 7a)

How neat! What great ideas you have!

The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

Wow...simply beautiful. You have such a great imagination and the skills to put it all together...very inspiring!

(Pegi) Norwalk, CA(Zone 10b)

How clever! My imagination doesn't run very deep^_^ I'm going to be watching for old floor lamps too. I see in your picture some other great things you have done. I have an old chandilier that I took some crystals off of and washed them up. Have no idea what I am going to use them for yet. But the chandilier is plastic, looks like metal, guess I could still put solar lights in them. Another project I'd like to try.

North Reading, MA(Zone 6b)

Those are awesome! I only wish I had such an imagination! (I am good at "borrowing" ideas, though! LOL!)

Now I need to ask where do I find the solar lights you used in your chandilier? I really would love "copy" your idea. Maybe if I googled them I might find my answer.

Phoenix, AZ

Walmart! $5 bucks ☺

Thanks, Fish_knees, I've got a $30 gift certificate and guess what I will be buying. ^_^ I would never thought of looking at Wal-Mart. I was thinking more of Lowe's or Home Depot.

mulege, Mexico

I just found solar lights at WalMart - 8 for $20 or so. I took one of the tops into Goodwill and found some vases that they fit perfectly. One of these on a pressed glass vase looks like a million. I was thinking a plain vase could have glass glued either inside or outside or the inside of the vase could be painted with glass paints.

By the way, I bought a lot of solar lights at Big Lots and none of them worked (since I'm in Mexico I couldn't drive 600 miles to return them). The WalMart lights are very nice and as cheap as any I've seen.

I have two chandeliers that I found discarded in LA that I'll be converting to solar.

Thanks to all who have contributed to these great ideas.

katie

West Plains, MO(Zone 6b)

Great idea, fish_knees! Love your arbor, too - my husband and I are actually putting up the same metal fence and gate you have in your garden - where did you get your arbor? Was it also at Lowe's?

Phoenix, AZ

Arbor was clearance at Target ☺

Olympia, WA

Katiebear - I got curious enough to Google for Mulege - and you can just color me as green as a gourd!!!!!!! What a lovely place to call home!!!!!!!!

Yes - I apologize for such an OT shift -

mulege, Mexico

It's even lovlier since I got my first solar chandalier done and hung in my flame tree.

katie

pictures, please??

Llano, TX

I have done safty glass on those round vaces they turned out neet and have been in my yard for years.

Thumbnail by nana7

On my trip to Wal-Mart was in a hurry so didn't get to really check out the solar lights, but I know they have them now. DH complains I send too much time shopping around, but let them go into a place to look at tools and time stands still for them.

Phoenix, AZ

LOL!

This chandelier's not solar, but I wanted to share anyway. DH got it on a giveaway bargain table at Lowe's---it's kinda frou-frou for me to use inside. So he turned it upside down, rewired it to go on the bottom of this outdoor ceiling fan, and put fluorescent bulbs in it, and hung it from the middle of our satelllite-dish gazebo.. It's gonna be perfect this summer when we want to sit outside in the evenings and read!

Thumbnail by imapigeon
Phoenix, AZ

Boy! That DH is a keeper! I ♥ it!!!!

Yep, I've been "keeping" him since 1969, and I have no intention of breaking in a new model!

My son says this photo reminds him of the French Quarter part of the Disneyland Pirates of the Caribbean ride....where the buxom girls are leaning off the balconies? Not that it's a bad thing....LOL!

Columbia City, IN(Zone 5b)

The solar idea is off the charts,You are on to something there,recycle and reuse.ive got one of those keepers too,he can fix or build anything,I will say i need a thingy here and a somthing there and when I get home from work there it is,he better live forever,after 33 yrs i wouldnt know what to do without him.

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7b)

I bought this for $2.00 at our local thrift shop. It was a wal sconce, but I painted it black from gold and bent it to hang around a corner post, not my original idea, but works. Now looking for battery tapers that flicker.

Thumbnail by curvesarein
Phoenix, AZ

Excellent score! ♥ the beads!

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

I love all the ideas guys. Garden art is going to be my next thing I start collecting. I have beds that still need plants, but the beds are there. I need more hardscape and art, so it all inspires me.

that will be cool when it has lights,Ive been working on a few peices of garden art ,they are not finished just got the final coat of enamel on everything

Thumbnail by huggergirl
Kingman, AZ(Zone 7b)

FishKnees, I got one hanging crystal from my friend, she has more , but for now that is a necklace. I found my candles that look real but battery operated on Ebay.

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

I like it huggergirl. It will look great.

This is my project. I have a solar fountain that we got on ebay and I am going to sink a container into it for the water to drop into so it will be easier to screen out debris than it would filling the whole tub, then I may put dirt around that and fish gravel on top and put trailing plants or something in that to spill out over.

Thumbnail by hellnzn11

11,your going to love what I have here...

Thumbnail by huggergirl

this is the soon to be comode garden , I have flowers planted in it now ,dh drilled a hole in the bottom of the bowl so it would drain,going to be way too hot to work on that garden this week ...Iam lookin for a small claw foot tub too.The photo above of the sink its an old one complete with crome fawcet and handles,heavy porcelin on steel,it hung on the wall,which is amazing it is sooo heavy...

Thumbnail by huggergirl
Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

Hugger how funny, I have two comodes that I am trying to figure out where to put them and what to put in them. I want to put one by the tub but the other I am not sure. If I go to the salvage yard and find a sink I will get that too. I love that sink. The area is pretty.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.